Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cool Siberian Girl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 37>
Author
Tupelo View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2015 at 11:05pm
I agree with the assessment of 2100. I currently have a USATT 1918 rating and on film I look much slower than Anastasia in all aspects (hands, feet, changing hair color, etc.). Quickness is a tough thing to gauge when watching videos. My guess is that Alina is the same level.

Sidebar: Amelie Solja is an inspiration to all players who use antispin or pips. She's reached the top 50 in the world.

Edited by Tupelo - 07/04/2015 at 11:15pm
Craig
Sponsored Links

dmras View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2015 at 6:44am
Full video of Irkutsk teams open 2015

dmras View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2015 at 6:19am
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2015 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Tupelo Tupelo wrote:

I agree with the assessment of 2100. I currently have a USATT 1918 rating and on film I look much slower than Anastasia in all aspects (hands, feet, changing hair color, etc.). Quickness is a tough thing to gauge when watching videos. My guess is that Alina is the same level.

Sidebar: Amelie Solja is an inspiration to all players who use antispin or pips. She's reached the top 50 in the world.

love the statement about hair colorClapClapClap
dmras View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2015 at 12:32pm
Tribute to one of our best players Alexander Nekrasov

LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2015 at 8:29pm

The last point of the Nekrasov video was vs a 2504 rated player, per Ratings Central with USATT estimated conversion, who was from Moscow. playing in a big tourney in Irkutsk. Nekrasov beat that guy 3-0.

So what would you estimate Nekrasov's rating ?

Edited by LUCKYLOOP - 07/26/2015 at 8:31pm
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
Tupelo View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2015 at 11:12pm
A rating of 2600 would make him the 24th highest ranked male player ranked by the USATT. 2504 would tie him for 65th with Victor Liu. Nekrasov is probably in that range.

Judge for yourself. Here's a link to two players in that range (male: Zaman Molla 2534, female: Jaiqi Zheng 2566)

It's not a great match, partially because Jaiqi plays with pips on her backhand and makes everyone look bad at times.

Edited by Tupelo - 07/26/2015 at 11:17pm
Craig
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2015 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by dmras dmras wrote:

Tribute to one of our best players Alexander Nekrasov

I see some points against Krotov and Adhushinov.  Does Nekrasov usually beat them? How about Stalmachovich?
dmras View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2015 at 11:24pm
Smile Alina's Birthday!

2013-2014

dmras View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2015 at 8:40pm
Vladimir Zhilkin - also one of our best players

Edited by dmras - 07/30/2015 at 8:41pm
geardaddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geardaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2015 at 1:24am
I just have to applaud the Cool Siberian Girl thread.  It really is a celebration and example of some great role models in some wonderful young women.  These young women are really talented!  I think we all aspire to have such a healthy community of good players.

You've got a great table tennis scene going in general there in the Siberian hinterlands.  Thanks DMRAS!
dmras View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2015 at 2:30am
Highlights of last Sunday's tourney. By the way Anastasia returned to LP.Smile

Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2015 at 12:43pm

Highlights of last Sunday's tourney. By the way Anastasia returned to LP.Smile

long live to LP Party Beer Party Beer 
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
dmras View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2015 at 7:40pm
Match for first place. Nekrasov - Krotov

Tupelo View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2015 at 7:54pm
I noticed that you won the first half-dozen or so points vs. Anastasia - you have very good movie editing skills. LOL. But I'm still impressed that you won that many points in just one change of clothes.

Has Anastasia tried twiddling? It takes time for twiddling to become natural and quick, but if she twiddles she can use either LP or inverted. It is crucial when going against players who constantly serve fast mild topspin to the pips and prepare to loop the deep mild chop they often get in return.

I know one player who learned to effectively twiddle in three weeks - she carried her bat with her and twiddled 8-hours a day! After three weeks it was difficult for her to stop twiddling.
Craig
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2015 at 8:00pm
From the highlights, you would never know that Nekrasov was winning.  He has the cleanest and most advanced game at your club.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Tupelo View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2015 at 8:33pm
In the clips in the video I believe Nekrosov was letting Krotov attack, perhaps to work on his defense, or perhaps just taking his foot off the gas peddle. Nekrosov is not typically as passive as it appears. Of course sometimes style conflicts make strategies go wonky, and Krotov's strokes are long, making blocking an effective strategy against him.

I can't believe I've watched so many of this club's videos that I know that. I need to get a life.
Craig
dmras View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2015 at 1:14am

I noticed that you won the first half-dozen or so points vs. Anastasia - you have very good movie editing skills. LOL.

Anastasia didn't use all her power and skills against me, mostly she gave me opportunity to train attack against her LP and at the end she complimented me. By the way she won, also she won Nekrasov at group round match but that time he wasn't trying hard to win.Smile
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2015 at 8:11am

I noticed that you won the first half-dozen or so points vs. Anastasia - you have very good movie editing skills. LOL.

Anastasia didn't use all her power and skills against me, mostly she gave me opportunity to train attack against her LP and at the end she complimented me. By the way she won, also she won Nekrasov at group round match but that time he wasn't trying hard to win.Smile

Don't let LuckyLoop know that, he will say Anastasia is USATT 3000 now.
Cybershape Carbon
dmras View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2015 at 6:33am
Alina made me to run from corner to corner today.Smile

dmras View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2015 at 12:23pm
Anastasia vs Alina - 5 sets of uncompromising struggle.

dmras View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2015 at 10:21pm
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2015 at 1:03am
God bless this club and its continued internet and forum presence.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
dmras View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2015 at 3:10am
Thank you BH-Man from our club members for you kind attitude. Smile
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2015 at 6:26am
Do any of the girls play in tournaments outside the area?

Edited by NextLevel - 08/20/2015 at 6:28am
Cybershape Carbon
dmras View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2015 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Do any of the girls play in tournaments outside the area?

Smile Inveterate impecuniosity.
dmras View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2015 at 8:36pm
Alexandra's birthday.

dmras View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2015 at 8:44pm
Do you play BadminPong?

http://coub.com/view/7ruu5
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2015 at 12:35pm

Alexandra's birthday.

She recently got married .. does her husband play at a high level .. also .. ?

Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
dmras View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2015 at 8:32pm
Unfortunately no, he doesn't.Smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 37>
  Share Topic