FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

TIBHAR MX-P review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2013 at 2:17pm
It seems Walee76 has something personal to this rubber.
If I like Aurus Soft I won't write something against the players who don't like it. And I still think these rubbers Mx-p and Rasant are almost the same. Also I think Q1 is with better quality topsheet than aurus and evolution. But it is also heavy hard speedy rubber, while Aurus Soft gives me more lighter feel and control.
Sponsored Links

vutiendat1337 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2013 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by kolevtt kolevtt wrote:

It seems Walee76 has something personal to this rubber.
If I like Aurus Soft I won't write something against the players who don't like it. And I still think these rubbers Mx-p and Rasant are almost the same. Also I think Q1 is with better quality topsheet than aurus and evolution. But it is also heavy hard speedy rubber, while Aurus Soft gives me more lighter feel and control.

Yea, based on his comments, one can sense a strong promotion vibe Thumbs Down
bty petr korbel st
fh: donic bluefire red
bh: dawei iqul black
USATT:1811
Feedback me
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2013 at 3:54pm

You don't need to be Samsonov to see that these rubbers are not the same but they are similiar.

+1
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2013 at 4:23pm

No matter how similar, we ordered Rasant only once and never repeated. While there are already 10 rubbers ordered of Evolution. Eagerly waiting for MX-S. So far Walee76 is the only one who tried them. BTW, what does S stand for?

kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2013 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

No matter how similar, we ordered Rasant only once and never repeated. While there are already 10 rubbers ordered of Evolution. Eagerly waiting for MX-S. So far Walee76 is the only one who tried them. BTW, what does S stand for?

OFFTOPIC!!!
Oooooo Imago, thank you for your direct involvement!
Almost two years I haven't meet you!
I still have two rubbers for you T05 1.7 in great condition!!! These rubbers are waiting for you! If you forgot I can help you to remember with my topic here in mytt.
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=43284
It seems you are moderator now! Congratulations! Clap
That kind of "shmenti-kapeli" person like you is just great to be moderator here.
After these 2 years I still haven't meet another person who can exposed himself in "bad light" just for 25 euro. You are unique! ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
http://tabletennis-bg.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=4312&st=0

Edited by kolevtt - 02/06/2013 at 5:42pm
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2013 at 1:01am
I have been playing with Evolution MX-P on my BH for a bit now.  I overall like the rubber, and if I had to guess, I would say it is made in Germany by ESN.  I like hard rubbers, so it fits my BH well.  It is not too dissimialr from other hard sponge/stiff topsheet version of the latest ESN tensors.  It gives me a little more bit that Aurus and a little more speed than Adidas P5 (which has similarly crisp feel).

Overall, it is a nice and well-rounded offensive rubber.  I still do not like it on the FH.  The only marginally suitable FH rubber from ESN (for me) is the black Adidas P5.  For some reason I have not yet seen a suitable red topsheet from ESN.

I suspect a lot of my impressions are due to an unusual blade I play with: it is a thin (sub 5mm) and flexible custom 3-ply blade by BC with hard and utlra thin outer plies.  It has an interesting combination of long dwell time when I need it and hard crisp feel when I do not.

The next rubber I will try on the FH is T80.  Up to know I have been playing with T25FX on the FH for the most part.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2013 at 1:07am
Tip to Walee76: Never wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it. Wink

To the topic: Rasant is certainly softer than MX-P and almost mushy as compared to it.

Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by Tibhar, in fact, I am sponsoring them by buying almost every other day one of their evolutions.
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2013 at 5:14am
Imago is sponsoring tibhar via purposeful persuasion the players in his club they will do their best with this or other rubber. Meanwhile, he is using the moment to post his valuable opinion for one or other on basis his own 1700 USATT rating's skills. I tried to help him just once and personally for 3 hours, but I found the situation is hopeless. Even he was agreed with this fact. And the one thing that Imago is doing now is to teach others.
I have nothing against the opinion of any player, no matter his ability. But 1000 players are talking Evolution is ESN German rubber, it is more than visible.
If the factory for cars here in Bulgaria makes with the same quality (same materials) Lada and Mercedes, but the Mercedes is double priced, only because it is with the logo and form of Mercedes, I will prefer the Lada, I won't pay for the brand. And.....
I will leave Imago's wrestling with himself for now.
Good day for all!

smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2013 at 6:26am
whats the subject?
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
GoldenDragoon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDragoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2013 at 7:25am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

Tip to Walee76: Never wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it. Wink

To the topic: Rasant is certainly softer than MX-P and almost mushy as compared to it.

Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by Tibhar, in fact, I am sponsoring them by buying almost every other day one of their evolutions.

I doubt there is much difference. I have Rasant and EL-P both on one blade. Rasant definatley feels harder and by a decent margin.
Blade: Nexy Spartacus FL 84g
FH: Evolution FX-P Max Blk
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.9 Red
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2013 at 7:44am
Surprisingly, FX-P feels tighter than EL-P, although it is softer, or at least, this is what the durometer says. Yet, we are comparing MX-P to Rasant, not EL-P. Besides, your Rasant is 1.7 mm and the durometer will show that, on the blade, it is at least 5 d harder than the same rubber with 2.1 mm sponge.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2013 at 12:59am
I bought a couple sheets and glued them onto one of my Viscarias.  (I rarely buy new rubbers to try for last few years, being pretty set on T05, but I tried a friend's MP-X and liked it enough to give it a longer trial).  Here is what I think now.  (1) MP-X has pretty strong booster smell out of the package and after 24 hr, but not as strong as Bluefire.  Based on smell, it is not exactly the same booster as whatever they put in Bluefire, but similar.  (2) Top sheet is quite shiny in appearance and very very grippy in an almost tacky kind of way.  It's not a Chinese kind of tacky or anythhing at all like that, but it is different from the stuff I am used to seeing.  Looks quite different from T05 top sheet which is more matted in appearance.  (3) Sponge reminds me a lot of a Tenergy sponge.  Weighs about same as T05.  But quite a bit harder.  (4).  In play it feels a lot harder than T05.  Not mushy feel at all.  I like the mushy feel of T05, but I like this too even though quite different.  It is crisp.  Loud also.  I really feel a jarring thud when the ball hits the blade.  (5)   Distinctly and without question faster than T05, possibly even faster than T64, although that is from fairly distant memory of T64.  I could still play offensive shots at a wide range of paces but was not in general hitting those really high arcing balls.  I tended to want to play faster in rallies.  The feel was almost compelling me to do it.  Interesting.    (6)  Throws quite a bit lower than T05, but still a medium throw rubber.  (7) Very spinny on all kinds of loops, opens, counterloops.  After bounce, ball tends to dive because of heavy spin.   (8)  Hard sponge gives nice feel in short game, return of serve.  (9)  It will take some adjustment to get used to the feel of my serve with the harder overall feel, but I had no trouble keeping serve low and short as ever.  But nothing felt quite normal.  (10)  All in all, pretty easy to adjust to playing with this after T05, even with all its differences.  There are still some things I haven't quite worked out, but felt like some of my shots had a lot of penetration tonight, especially after a few hours.  I think my level was pretty much the same as ever.  (11)  I got it for 37 Euros per sheet from Dandoy, with shipping ended up around $100 for a pair.  Much less than T05 if you have to buy two sheets each time!  Only thing that worries me a little is the booster smell, and I wonder if it will lose performance fairly quickly -- or alternatively, get better as it wears off.  I have no idea where this stuff is made or by whom.  I haven't seen all that many of the recent ESN rubbers (actually only Bluefire M1, M2, Rhyzm, P5).  I like this quite a bit more than any of those (even though I found M1 and M2 not bad, and P5 useable, MP-X was really for me much better than these).  I am as yet undecided if I like it better or less than T05.  The fact that I am undecided on this point is quite remarkable.      

Edited by Baal - 02/08/2013 at 1:00am
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2013 at 1:29am
Thanks for the great review, Baal. At $50, my concern is that it is basically the same price as T05 - if we get it from Japan, it works out to about $64 per sheet. I'm assuming that T05's durability is better than MX-P, hence that extra $14 gives a longer lasting rubber. Although BH_Man's opinion seems to be the opposite regarding T05's durability as compared to Aurus / Evolution.

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2013 at 1:44am
You can get it from olimpsport for 33 Euros plus 3-5 euro shipping depending on location and quantity.

Sorry for the shameless add Wink
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2013 at 6:04am
I posted the topic of my friend Vladi Tsvqtkov yet. He is very responsible seller!
Everyone can buy this rubber from him without any doubt. Including delivery all over the world this rubber will cost around 38 Euro ($51).

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2013 at 9:56am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Thanks for the great review, Baal. At $50, my concern is that it is basically the same price as T05 - if we get it from Japan, it works out to about $64 per sheet. I'm assuming that T05's durability is better than MX-P, hence that extra $14 gives a longer lasting rubber. Although BH_Man's opinion seems to be the opposite regarding T05's durability as compared to Aurus / Evolution.

Maybe the Tibhar price will come down.  I can't comment on durability at all for MP-X. 
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2013 at 1:04pm
there are so many deals on Tibhar. I got mine for $32 shipped. Just combine a big order with someone  and split. 
Does not work for BTY though.
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2013 at 3:32pm
Actually if they are smart they will drop the price a bit and grab some of the Tenergy market now.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2013 at 3:59am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Maybe the Tibhar price will come down.  I can't comment on durability at all for MP-X. 

Evolution for me deteriorated at about the same rate for Aurus playing daily 3-4 hours on FH really smacking it. I has MX-P 3 weeks, it was a week old when I got it (Nexy had one session with it) and it looked like I could get another 5-6 wekks out of it, just about the same (2+ months of daily 3-4 hrs) from Aurus.

As for Tenergy, it really starts to edge crumble the first week and by week 3, it is really sucky in that deptment AND the performance really begins to drop off the cliff. Aurus to plays like a great rubber the first week, then like a really good rubber for hte next 2 weeks with no drop-off, with the edge deterioration getting progressively worse like most modern rubbers.

I get Aurus pretty cheap here locally and am quite happy with it. I could get MX-P for well under $50, but with Aurus so cheap and satisfying, I haven't bought any new sheets of MX-P yet, but BAAL is doing his best with his posts at OOAK to get me to toss some in the shopping basket on my next mission to NEXY HQ.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2013 at 4:02am

Actually if they are smart they will drop the price a bit and grab some of the Tenergy market now.

U R right, but the way they priced Aurus, Genius and others, they would have to really reconsider their entire lineup and such a company prolly wants to pimp Evolution as a pro level premium level that will cost a little extra.

I loved MX-P and it suited my Fh topspin game to a Capital T, but I still haven't made a bum-rush to the store to stock up on it at its current price.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2013 at 4:28pm
With respect to durability, the main thing I'm wondering about -- and will know in due course -- is how the evaporation of factor-applied booster will affect it.  It smells pretty strong, albeit not quite as much as Bluefire.  By contrast, I can't smell any booster in Tenergy -- which of course could just mean they use something different to get the same effect-- or that for whatever reason my nose doesn't detect it.  The deterioration of Tenergy I always thought was due to the topsheet, and for me at least, I always felt that crumbling around edges was not affecting performance.  It was infuriating, though, for an $80 rubber!  I was usually pretty happy with T05 playing qualities for quite a bit longer than three weeks.  Also, you can markedly reduce crumbling of all these rubbers with large sized edge-tape.  Still, I agree that there was always signs of trauma on the edges of my T05 usually within the first week, which invariably pissed me off, and that is not happening with my MX-P.  

Today, I liked MX-P even more.  It is really easy to make a transition to this from T05.  It is faster and lower and plenty spinny, and feels very much harder, which you think would make the change more difficult, but it is also pretty forgiving.  I really like it a lot.  I feel like I am not sacrificing anything compared to T05, and that is a first for me.  Different feel, but a nice feel.  So as someone noted, the issue will be durability, and we will soon know, but so far so good.
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2013 at 8:34pm
I am happy with my topic I organized here so long and useful discussion. Everybody can read all posts in the topic and after that to calculate : Is MX-P his choice or not. It will be better if you have possibilities just to test this rubber by yourself! Wink
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2013 at 8:54pm
no, kolev, it was not right for u to make ur own topic when a bigger topic for Evolution was already going. Now the information and comments are split in two places. The things we do for a little attention..
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2013 at 9:20pm

I am happy with my topic I organized here so long and useful discussion. Everybody can read all posts in the topic and after that to calculate : Is MX-P his choice or not. It will be better if you have possibilities just to test this rubber by yourself! Wink

Yep.  I would suggest never buying any rubber that you haven't tried yourself unless the joy of trying something new is what motivates you, and then you don't care if you end up not liking it.  The only reason I bought MX-P was because I tried it on a friend's blade first. 

(I actually bought a sheet of Bluefire without trying it, but only because I was traveling in Germany, stopped into a TT shop, and felt like I should not leave empty handed -- even though they didn't have anything I really wanted.  In US, we really don't have TT shops you can walk into,).
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2013 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

no, kolev, it was not right for u to make ur own topic when a bigger topic for Evolution was already going. Now the information and comments are split in two places. The things we do for a little attention..

I think given the number of Tenergy threads -- and especially "what is a good alternative to Tenergy" threads -- we can actually accommodate two Evo threads.
jatienza930 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jatienza930 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2013 at 9:34pm
Coming from BF M1 then Rasant, this rubber has definitely got my attention now LOL
BTY TBS FL
T05
T64

My Feedback http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=56638&KW=jen&title=jatienza930-buy-sell-feedback
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2013 at 9:35pm

With respect to durability, the main thing I'm wondering about -- and will know in due course -- is how the evaporation of factor-applied booster will affect it.  It smells pretty strong, albeit not quite as much as Bluefire.  By contrast, I can't smell any booster in Tenergy -- which of course could just mean they use something different to get the same effect-- or that for whatever reason my nose doesn't detect it.  The deterioration of Tenergy I always thought was due to the topsheet, and for me at least, I always felt that crumbling around edges was not affecting performance.  It was infuriating, though, for an $80 rubber!  I was usually pretty happy with T05 playing qualities for quite a bit longer than three weeks.  Also, you can markedly reduce crumbling of all these rubbers with large sized edge-tape.  Still, I agree that there was always signs of trauma on the edges of my T05 usually within the first week, which invariably pissed me off, and that is not happening with my MX-P.  

Today, I liked MX-P even more.  It is really easy to make a transition to this from T05.  It is faster and lower and plenty spinny, and feels very much harder, which you think would make the change more difficult, but it is also pretty forgiving.  I really like it a lot.  I feel like I am not sacrificing anything compared to T05, and that is a first for me.  Different feel, but a nice feel.  So as someone noted, the issue will be durability, and we will soon know, but so far so good.

Baal,

Will continue to wait on your final answer to the durability question.  Might not buy MX-P, but I need to know the Evo series is durable before buying it - was pretty disappointed by Bluefire.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2013 at 9:36pm
Yes. I will let you know as the rubber ages how it goes.  It is a very reasonable question.
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2013 at 9:59pm
no vesko,

I thinkfor now the MX-P rubber is the "S" class among the new TIBHAR rubbers.  This is the reason I posted separately topic for it. If there is separately topic for this rubber only - sorry, I will be careful the next time.
But there are lot of topics for T05,T25 and T64, including comparison, reviews and other useful info about them. Why do not post separately topic for MX-P?
I think I have a good touch about the materials for table tennis and for sure I am very reliable source.
If you think I have something wrong written, tell me please what you don't understand and I will try to explain you once again.
I do not post very often here and I am trying always to write all imaginations I have about the topic posted.
Unlike you, posting in mytt for me is not a kind of searching attention.1147 posts from 01/05/2011 up to this moment! If you change the word "we" just with "Ï" in your last sentence it is very possible to understand what I am talking about. 
My next friendly advice to you will be : More trainings in the tt hall, little spamming in the forum.
And only to ask you - how many from your posts are including important information? 1/5, 1/10, or 1/20? And how many of your post are including "teaching, notes, or just spam? 1/2, 2/5 or 9/10?
Are you coach? Or high level player for so many notes to the other forum members? I don't think so.
In spite of the MX-P is not suitable for me, I think the players using Rasant will like more MX-P! But everything finished in the personal view and feelings.

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2013 at 9:20am
A note on the durability front.  It's early days, but my MX-P has now had encounters with the table already that would have taken chunks out of the edges of my T05.  And it still looks like new.I like it more each time I play with it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic