Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TIBHAR EVOLUTION SERIES REVIEW

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TIBHAR EVOLUTION SERIES REVIEW
    Posted: 03/02/2013 at 9:13am
Received the Tibhar Evolution rubbers directly from Germany last monday. I have been waiting for this rubbers for so long since I first saw the Evolution listed in the ITTF LARC. Tibhar wouldn't confirm to me if the rubbers that were listed 2 years ago are the same with the rubbers that have been released in the market today. I think this is a company secret. 

MX-P, 69 grams uncut

EL-P, 67 grams uncut

FX-P, 63 grams uncut

The 3 rubbers are way different compared to the Q series. The topsheet have a deep red color while the Q series have a light red color. The red sponge is often mistaken as a japanese sponge but it is an ESN Sponge. The MX-P and the EL-P were glued to the Adidas Avenger 5 blade and the FX-P was glued to a friend's Yinhe T9 with a 5Q at the other side. The FX-P was glued on to the side with a carbon layer. 

Sponge

top FX-P, mid - EL-P, Bottom - MX-P

The MX-P has the hardest sponge among the 3, I would rate it as medium hard, the fx-p though rated as soft, i would rate it as medium soft since when i compared it to a sponge sample of the Aurus sound which is soft, the FX-P felt harder. The MX-P felt like its in between the hardnes of 1Q and 1Qxd. The El-P was medium. It felt closer to the 5Q in terms of hardness. The MX-P had the biggest pores and strangely the EL-P has the smallest pores with the El-P in between. 

Here are other pics of the sponges:

EL-P top and MX-P bottom

FX-P top and MX-P bottom

Speed

The MX-P eventhough I glued it to a 5 ply all wood blade felt like a rocket. It is the fastest among the 3 and it is faster than the T64. It felt hard in terms of feel when hitting the ball with it. The ball has a long medium to high trajectory when hitting the ball like 5-6 feet away from the table. I felt it was really strong and the strength of my shots  didn't change even if im away from the table. The FX-P and EL-P have only a slim difference in speed with the El-P edging out in speed by a few notches. 

Spin

The EL-P was the easiest to create spin among the 3. Eventhough the MX-P spins greater, it requires a bit more effort and a bit higher of a level to fully utilize its power in terms of speed and spin combo on attacks. The FX-P is closer to the El-P in spin but on harder shots, the EL-P is better. If you stay away from the table, the MX-P when hit hard is very spinny but i found it too fast for my level and I would say its definitely a pro's rubber. On pushes and serves, I would still give it to the EL-P but surprisingly, the hardness of the MX-P made it easier to push and serve in a spinny way like using a hard chinese rubber but isnt tacky. 

Control and inside the table game

The MX-P was a bit challenging to use since its very fast. you have to adjust to its speed and it needs taming a little bit. It was bouncy receiving short serves and also using drop shots as return of serves. It was great pushing though. The FX-P and EL-P were both great inside the table in terms of drop shots and flicks.

Blocking

On blocking very strong shots, the FX-P was very good because it was softer. The El-P is also very controllable on passive blocks. The MX-P produced very fast blocks and i think punchblocking would be cool with it if you can control it.

Conclusion:

Overall, I am biased towards the EL-P, its the most balanced rubber among the 3. Think its like a 5Q or an M2 but spinnier and more lively. The FX-P was also good on loops but is limited near the table and would bottom out if you stay away from the table and hit hard. The FX-P makes an excellent backhand rubber though. Its a good blocking rubber at the same time doing controlled loops. The MX-P is a beast, its very fast, powerful and spinny when you have the right skills. If you want to always have a counterlooping or counter attacking game the MX-P is the right rubber but I wouldn't recommend it to lower level players with a max sponge. The EL-P is heaven Big smile. Whether you place this in an all wood or a carbon blade, its very controllable and spinny. I would say all the 3 evolution rubbers are offensive rubbers. Not one is slow. They just differ in levels of being fast and spinny. 

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2013 at 12:10pm
Thank you for the review.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
Wyo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2013 at 12:12pm
Great review and pictures!
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2013 at 12:58pm
Reads like mx-p is simply unplayable unless one is using a defensive blade. Guess I was hoping more for a hard high-spin rubber with all gears. The search continues.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2013 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by MindTrip MindTrip wrote:

Reads like mx-p is simply unplayable unless one is using a defensive blade. Guess I was hoping more for a hard high-spin rubber with all gears. The search continues.

Not true at all IMHO. It is easier to play with than the Tenergy or Bluefire series. In fact, most of the criticism (if any) at the Evolution series is that it is more of a control rubber than the Bluefire series.

It is easier to play with than T05 or M1.

p1ngp0ng3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2013 at 4:39pm
Thanks for your review yogi_bear! Clap
jatienza930 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jatienza930 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2013 at 4:40pm
Nice review and pics! Thumbs Up I use the el-p on my bh as I tend to use more of spin instead of speed. It has a nice click sound to it and is very spinny. I still prefer the rasant for my fh Wink
BTY TBS FL
T05
T64

My Feedback http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=56638&KW=jen&title=jatienza930-buy-sell-feedback
barnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2013 at 5:19pm
Thanks Yogi. From review MX-P looks a bit similar to Rakza 7?
Yasaka Silver All Wood, ST
FH - Rhyzm max
BH - Tenergy 05 max
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2013 at 8:00pm
Maybe it depends on what you've been playing with.  If you are coming from T05, MX-P feels hard, fast, but very controlled.  Very spinny if you use a full stroke, and great for blocking. One can transition to MX-P from T05 with very little change in technique, although on my blade MX-P is a touch faster.
Jeff(ATTC) View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff(ATTC) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2013 at 10:00pm
I switched to this rubber after playing with Bluefire M1 for a while.  Very little adjustment needed.  Excellent spin if you can take advantage of MX-P great dwell time.  Top sheet is tackier than M1, so service is also better.
Bty Jun Mizutani ZLC
FH: D80
BH: D05
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2013 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by MindTrip MindTrip wrote:

MX-P is very much playable, i was just use to using 5Q which is fast but at the same time controllable. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2013 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by barnie barnie wrote:

Thanks Yogi. From review MX-P looks a bit similar to Rakza 7?

nope its different and the rakza is a geenration older

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2013 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Maybe it depends on what you've been playing with.  If you are coming from T05, MX-P feels hard, fast, but very controlled.  Very spinny if you use a full stroke, and great for blocking. One can transition to MX-P from T05 with very little change in technique, although on my blade MX-P is a touch faster.

true, i have used 5Q before and its what i like so i preferred El_P. MX-P is without no doubt a very very good rubber it was just to fast for my playstyle. however it is ideal for all out attacking players because its ability top produce explosive attacks comes with little effort 

GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2013 at 1:37pm
What about the throw in comparison to T05, T64?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2013 at 3:58pm
MX-P is lower throw than either by a considerable margin.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2013 at 4:09pm
interesting
EL-P must be a good bh rubber for a powerlooper
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2013 at 4:16pm
I am using MX-P on both sides and it is also good on BH, especially for power loop, although some people will prefer a touch softer.  (I've never tried El-P on either side).

Edited by Baal - 03/03/2013 at 4:17pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2013 at 6:11pm
what blade do you use with MX-P?
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2013 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by GSOM_GSOM11 GSOM_GSOM11 wrote:

I think this mostly boils down to personal preference. Baal liked it on a Viscaria (presumably). Hence, when I tried it I bought a new TB-ALC to put it on. I thought the blade was too soft for MX-P (I've been using harder blades) despite it being similar Baal's blade.

When I can play again, I plan to try it on a TB-ZLC (my Qabod  is a low throw blade & hence a bad match for MX-P).
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2013 at 7:28pm
Great review yogi! Clap
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2013 at 8:41pm
I truly suggest trying new rubbers on a blade you know well and like, since it is only by changing one thing at a time that you can really tell what you like.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2013 at 8:49pm
thanks alex, maybe ill try the mx-p in a softer wood like limba instead of a walnut

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2013 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Originally posted by GSOM_GSOM11 GSOM_GSOM11 wrote:

I think this mostly boils down to personal preference. Baal liked it on a Viscaria (presumably). Hence, when I tried it I bought a new TB-ALC to put it on. I thought the blade was too soft for MX-P (I've been using harder blades) despite it being similar Baal's blade.

When I can play again, I plan to try it on a TB-ZLC (my Qabod  is a low throw blade & hence a bad match for MX-P).

Did you try MX-P on your Qabod before arriving at this conclusion?
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2013 at 9:28pm
I ordered a sheet of MX-P Red Max, I hope I can play with it. I am so used to Bluefire M1 and really have no problem with it. I guess I am just a bit curious to compare MX-P to the M1. However I will admit I kind of prefer M1 on wood blades. reading all the comments here I have a good feeling about MX-P.
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2013 at 1:12am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I truly suggest trying new rubbers on a blade you know well and like, since it is only by changing one thing at a time that you can really tell what you like.

I asked about your blade not in order to run to shop and buy a similar one, but only to create a mental model of how MX-P or EL-P plays on a blade with this or that kind of vibration.

I myself use Barwell, and T64 is jumpy, bouncy and totally uncontrollable on it even in 1.9 thickness: no dwell, no flat game, no bh loopdrive. It`s not about my skills, it`s about the combo, rubber catapult and blade flex resonance. Mark V HPS, for example, is perfectly controllable.

I try to figure out, will the MX-P be also uncontrollable either it is less 'crazy' on such kind of blade.

Edited by GSOM_GSOM11 - 03/04/2013 at 1:12am
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2013 at 9:24am
Wow.  I suspect that you would find MX-P to be similarly hard to use on a blade like that.  Anyway, I am using it on a Viscaria, a medium offensive Btfly ALC type blade, which feels reasonably "dwelly", at least as composite blades go.  It is not a blade that is particularly extreme in any of its properties.  MX-P is pretty hard, so conventional wisdom would be that softer and more flexible might be better.    (Viscaria is just a touch softer than most TB-ALC blades).  Still, in spite of conventional wisdom, I would give it a try first on the blade you use most, in case that wisdom is wrong.  To be honest, I am now thoroughly set in my ways as far as a blade goes, so I pretty much only judge rubbers by how they work on that one blade.

Edited by Baal - 03/04/2013 at 9:29am
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2013 at 12:48am
the mx-p was great in an all wood limba 5 ply blade. its more controllable this time

AndresFrz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndresFrz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2013 at 6:52pm
thanks for that great review, you could compare the bluefire m2, el-p thibar evolution?
in terms of speed control and effect?
would greatly appreciate your respueta is to place on my DONIC Baum esprit
and also has the same smell as the bluefire m2 in the package?
blade: Adidas c100-fl

FH: Andro Rasant turbo 2,1
BH: Andro Rasant turbo 2,1
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2013 at 9:00am
only tried the m2 for a short time but i can say the el-p is spinnier and has a grippier topsheet. also, if the Q series rubbers are durable rubbers i would expect the evolution series to be durable also

assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2013 at 9:59am
Both my ELP and MXP look like crap after only a few sessions. Play the same, but the topsheet has all kinds of colors and marks from who knows what. I don't understand. No other rubber gets defaced so quickly. 
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic