Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TIBHAR EVOLUTION SERIES REVIEW

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
V-Griper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V-Griper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2013 at 8:59pm
Yogi
I am strongly considering trying the evolution rubbers. I would like to use them for both FH and BH. So my question is what combo would you recommend, or could I use same rubber on both sides(MX-P/EL-P). I loop drive on both sides. More likely to flip or flick serves than push. Arms length from the table is my usual distancing. Check my sig for blade. One of my concerns is that my blade would be a little on the fast side for these rubbers(labeled off but is closer to off+),  which i'm ok with if the rubber can generate the spin. 

Anyway I appreciate your reviews and recommendations .
DHS 301
Xiom Vega 7pro FH/BH
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2013 at 7:22am
i say try EL-P fh and FX-P bh, i have tried your blade and i know its very fast
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2013 at 7:24am
or reverse it if its still too fast
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

gatorling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatorling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2013 at 10:57am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

i think thors is harder than mx-p and heavier. comparing the 2 to rakza 7 i say both are simply better in terms of speed and spin. also, rakza 7 doesnt last that long for me. .

assidious, i think we have different preferences and maybe different strokes. when i placed the mx-p on a 5 ply limba blade it was very good and was better than in a stiff walnut 5 ply blade though i still prefer the el-p

Thanks Yogi.

Would you say EL-P offers better control and ease of looping/top-spin vs MX-P or are they about equal?
At this point I think I'll gain the most from improved shot percentage and gears. 

Thanks!

Forehand: Hurricane 3 Provincial #20 sponge
Backhand: Rakza 7 Max
Blade:    Xiom Aria
V-Griper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V-Griper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2013 at 1:17pm

i say try EL-P fh and FX-P bh, i have tried your blade and i know its very fast

Thanks.
DHS 301
Xiom Vega 7pro FH/BH
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2013 at 12:51am
gatorling, on stronger shots the mx-p spins better but the el-p is easier to spin

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2013 at 10:59pm
Durability update:  MX-P

I put two new MX-P sheets on a Viscaria and compared it to the 5-week old MX-P sheets on my other Viscaria.  They have had pretty heavy use during this five week period.  The blades are basically identical.  I put new sheets on my other blade because I had the impression that my original sheets were starting to lose some or their outstanding performance (and also because I wanted both of my blade to be essentially the same).  The older sheets still smell a bit of factory tuning but the tackiness of the top sheet is slightly reduced, although they still look pretty good, no crumbling at all, just a little loss of shininess and tack.  Nevertheless, I felt like my shots were just a touch lacking last few times I played.  I wondered if it was all in  my head.  Anyway, to find out if this was in any way equipment-related, I tried two new rubber sheets which I bought from the same vendor as the originals (Dandoy).  No doubt about it, the new MX-Ps were performing distinctly better.  (I wasn't, but that's another story related mainly to legs refusal to follow my brain's orders Unhappy).  I'm not sure if it was the improved tack of the top sheet and/or the fresh factory tuning, but I had a return of that sense of speed and control that is unique about this rubber in my experience.  Also, much louder.  To find out if it is the loss of factory tuning (what I suspect), in the next day or two, I am going to put a layer of Dandoy Bioboost on the older sheets and then reattach them.  I can't do it right now because I have managed to run out of glue. 

Edited by Baal - 03/16/2013 at 11:00pm
GoldenDragoon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDragoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2013 at 11:14pm
My exp is Dandoy makes rubbers play funny. If Dandoy does not work for you then I suggest a single coat of Seamoon.
Blade: Nexy Spartacus FL 84g
FH: Evolution FX-P Max Blk
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.9 Red
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2013 at 11:32pm
Good to know.
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2013 at 12:23am
how would you compare fx p and acuda s3? are they equally soft?
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

HAPPINESS is....sometimes no words, just the sound of a ball
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2013 at 6:07am
s3 is a true soft rubber, fx-p is like medium soft only

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2013 at 6:07am
Baal, how do you like the MX-P overall in terms of spin? we all agree its very fast

igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2013 at 11:27am
Originally posted by GoldenDragoon GoldenDragoon wrote:

My exp is Dandoy makes rubbers play funny. If Dandoy does not work for you then I suggest a single coat of Seamoon.

How does it react to baby or paraffin oil, pls?
I mean , I refresh my Bf-s with some oil drops now and again and they perform quite well again nearly as new ones do for a week or two. It is not a big investment, is it?

Edited by igszoctan - 03/17/2013 at 11:28am
igszoctan
Fh: Rasant PowerGrip (2.1)
Blades: Appelgren Allplay
Bh: Rasant Powersponge(1.9)
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=66928&PID=807706󅌚
Strength and honour
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2013 at 12:41pm

Baal, how do you like the MX-P overall in terms of spin? we all agree its very fast

Very spinny indeed, every bit as spinny as Tenergy, but different.  You have to commit to the stroke to get high spin, and then the spin is so intense sometimes the ball just doesn't come off the table.  The ball tends to stay fairly low, and slow loops are not easy to execute (which is different from Tenergy, where that is an easier shot).  By commit I simply mean there has to be at least some rotation around your waist.  You can't use just your arm and expect high spin, although you can get away with that a bit with Tenergy. 

I have not played with anything like MX-P.  It is much harder and louder than T05 and does not have the mushy feel of Tenergy at all.  It is almost rigid, when the ball hits the blade you feel it all the way up your arm.  When new (first month), it is very loud.  Oddly enough, in spite of the quite different throw, and very different feel, you can adjust to it from Tenergy very easily (unlike any Chinese rubber, where for me the adjustment is truly impossible).  So, in my opinion it is very spinny, very fast, and very controllable.  I am still learning to deal with the extra tack a bit on returns of serve, but hardness helps there.

I like it a lot.  More than Bluefire, as much as Tenergy 05, more than Tenergy 80.

One other thing.  Kenetix rubber restorer is absolutely useless on Tenergy, but does a pretty good job restoring the tack and shine of MX-P.

Edited by Baal - 03/17/2013 at 12:43pm
AndresFrz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndresFrz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2013 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Durability update:  MX-P

I put two new MX-P sheets on a Viscaria and compared it to the 5-week old MX-P sheets on my other Viscaria.  They have had pretty heavy use during this five week period.  The blades are basically identical.  I put new sheets on my other blade because I had the impression that my original sheets were starting to lose some or their outstanding performance (and also because I wanted both of my blade to be essentially the same).  The older sheets still smell a bit of factory tuning but the tackiness of the top sheet is slightly reduced, although they still look pretty good, no crumbling at all, just a little loss of shininess and tack.  Nevertheless, I felt like my shots were just a touch lacking last few times I played.  I wondered if it was all in  my head.  Anyway, to find out if this was in any way equipment-related, I tried two new rubber sheets which I bought from the same vendor as the originals (Dandoy).  No doubt about it, the new MX-Ps were performing distinctly better.  (I wasn't, but that's another story related mainly to legs refusal to follow my brain's orders Unhappy).  I'm not sure if it was the improved tack of the top sheet and/or the fresh factory tuning, but I had a return of that sense of speed and control that is unique about this rubber in my experience.  Also, much louder.  To find out if it is the loss of factory tuning (what I suspect), in the next day or two, I am going to put a layer of Dandoy Bioboost on the older sheets and then reattach them.  I can't do it right now because I have managed to run out of glue. 

and since it has frequently proven TIBHAR evolution, and the DONIC bluefire m2 (hope it's that).
I can ask these questions
which is better in durability, which is better in speed and spin and Control Which would you choose?
blade: Adidas c100-fl

FH: Andro Rasant turbo 2,1
BH: Andro Rasant turbo 2,1
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2013 at 9:45pm
I thought M2 was just ok, I like MX-P a lot more.  I am not sure which is more durable.  I gave away my M2 after about a week because I was not liking its performance.
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2013 at 4:44pm
Played with fx-p and I liked it.

There is not much to say with pushing, serving and opening topspins. It's a soft euro rubber after all...  spinnier than calibra though!

but when you dig the ball in to the sponge than the show begins!

It's a lot spinnier than calibra family but it's easy to play like calibra. Ball feeling, dwell time it's all great! and spin is there! unlike calibra that rubber bites the ball. 

speed: slower than tenergy 05 fx but faster than aurus sound or calibra sound.
spin: spinnier than calibra, baracuda, genius, smilar with aurus (thicker topsheet than aurus, feel is totaly different)

dwell... wow dwell is great! there is a lot of rubber offers you dwell but there is not much spin (calibra sound desto f1 big slam vs) and there is a lot of spinny rubbers (like m1 tenergy vs) but there not much dwell. That makes fx-p special. I think its the closest rubber to the speed glued sriver fx in modern era.

Overall: It's soft, dwelly, not that super bouncy, med fast, med throw, spinny and easy to play with.
Jerem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2013 at 7:16am
Sound as an upgraded S3 but not exactly what a m3 is(just close). Maybe it's worth trying. I will post later after purchasing.
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2013 at 7:50am
Originally posted by Jerem Jerem wrote:

Sound as an upgraded S3 but not exactly what a m3 is(just close). Maybe it's worth trying. I will post later after purchasing.

I have concluded the same about the softer versions of Evolution after reading this thread. MX-P is where its at. 
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2013 at 6:24pm
It is a bit harder than BF3 and by far harder than S3. Better than both.
gatorling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatorling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2013 at 12:51pm
Can anyone comment on the hardness of MX-P?
I currently use Rakza 7 max and am quite comfortable with this hardness.
Would EL-P or MX-P be a better choice?

I come from using Thors and Vega China, both were a bit too hard and too difficult to loop or top spin without a huge motion.
Forehand: Hurricane 3 Provincial #20 sponge
Backhand: Rakza 7 Max
Blade:    Xiom Aria
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2013 at 2:00pm
MX-P is distinctly harder than Rakza 7, but I don't think you should lot that stop you from trying it.  
simon_xuan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon_xuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2014 at 12:22am
Yogi_Bear, as far as the durability is concerned, do you know if MXP needs to be heavily retuned 6 months later to revitalize the sponge? What about the top sheet, will it lose its grippiness over time and how to restore it, with oil or just falco? Thx in advance.
RPB Rocks!

BTY Innerforce ZLC Cpen | DHS H3N Blue Sponge | Victas V>15 Extra

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36695
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2014 at 1:11am
so far i have seen mx-p last as long as 4-6 months for high level players. a touch of tuner will revitalize the rubber maybe 3-4 months after using? 

simon_xuan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon_xuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2014 at 10:25am
Thanks for the input. I bought a used MXP to try. I felt the top sheet is not holding the balls during push and drop shots. Top spin rallies are good. I uses it on TB ALC. Now I am tuning with Falco, and use D40 or Olive oil for top sheet.
RPB Rocks!

BTY Innerforce ZLC Cpen | DHS H3N Blue Sponge | Victas V>15 Extra

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36695
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2015 at 9:38pm
what type of tuning can be used for revitalize the sponge and regain topsheet gripeness?
MJ SZLC ST

FH Hurricane 8 2.15m Black
BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic