Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anti Spin Rubber ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anti Spin Rubber ?
    Posted: 03/05/2013 at 3:59pm
Hello,

Is there a topic here for comparison between the different Anti Spin rubber (pips in) ?
I am looking about more info for these rubbers.
The most popular through the years are :
1/Yasaka Anti Power
2/Nittaku Best Anti
3/Butterfly Super Anti
4/Tibhar Elen/Individual
5/Friendship 804

Is there any difference between these rubbers? Which is their best option in the game?
I have experience mostly with Anti Power and Super Anti, also I have tested long years ago 804 and Tibhar Elen. The rubber made by 729 is the hardest I have ever tested and it is very hard to play with. I am trying to play wit Anti Power now and I am searching for appropriate "new-era" anti spin rubber with number stamped by the new regulations. I found the chinese Giant Dragon 006 Guard rubber, but it is not made in max thickness.
If someone has imagines from the new anti spin rubbers with number stamped - feel free to share your opinions/comparisons.
Generally I am searching for very Soft anti spin rubber like the Anti Power made by Yasaka.
Thank you in advance!
Beer

Sponsored Links

JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2013 at 4:01pm
what about Dr Neubauer? seems to be a popular brand for anti too
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
Zach Moy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach Moy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2013 at 4:11pm
the only "new" generation anti i know of is joola timeless. prob not something your looking for tho because its $130 lol
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2013 at 4:17pm
I believe Speedplay did a very wide review of Antis a while back - search for it.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2013 at 4:22pm
Well,

Dr.Neubauer 008 A.B.S is looking attractive as name, but it comes 1.2,1.5 and 1.8mm. In another forum it is posted as hard and I am looking some video there it is too fast.
I need very soft rubber like Yasaka Anti Power, but with number.
danhs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danhs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2013 at 4:29pm
Not sure if I should mention this here, but the OAAK forum has more info on anti than you can shake a stick at.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2013 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by danhs danhs wrote:

Not sure if I should mention this here, but the OAAK forum has more info on anti than you can shake a stick at.

Yes, the review I referred to was probably posted at OOAK.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2013 at 5:11pm
Yes, I did make such a comparision a while back, at OOAK. Then I deleted all of my posts there, but this one managed to stay, since Haggisv quoted the entire post, so here it is;

http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12988

Clickable link

Edited by Speedplay - 03/05/2013 at 5:12pm
The holy grail
GoldenDragoon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDragoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2013 at 6:03pm
+1

Definatley check out OOAK. There are alot of players there using the dark side of the force....
Blade: Nexy Spartacus FL 84g
FH: Evolution FX-P Max Blk
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.9 Red
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2013 at 12:09am
Originally posted by kolevtt kolevtt wrote:

Hello,

Is there a topic here for comparison between the different Anti Spin rubber (pips in) ?
1/Yasaka Anti Power
2/Nittaku Best Anti
3/Butterfly Super Anti
4/Tibhar Elen/Individual
5/Friendship 804
YASAKA Anti Power has a rather springy sponge (for an antispin) which makes it pretty fast. The topsheet feels like a more plastic substance rather than the usual soft grippy rubber, and thus has good reversal. IMO it's better for an aggressive hitting game at the table, or a chopping game far from the table. Its pretty insensitive to spin. The tough topsheet and springy sponge make for a rubber that is slightly difficult to control, because sometimes you hit the ball off the table because you aren't being careful. I've seen some classic defenders use this pretty well in 1.5. The black version comes with a sea green/blue sponge which is pretty cool.

Nittaku Best Anti has a topsheet that has a tad more grip than the Anti Power. It has decent reversal at low impacts, but as you work your way into the sponge more it grips and spins the ball better and better. IMO its best for a chopping game at mid distance, but it can attack pretty well although not as well as Anti Power can because it's not as fast. You can vary the spin easily quite a bit. Since it is quite slow, you can use this on faster blades and still keep it under control. Speedplay is well known for using this on his Wavestone blade.

If I wanted to play a frictionless/LP blocking game at the table, I wouldn't choose any of these.

I haven't tried Ellen, Super Anti or 804.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2013 at 3:05am
Originally posted by IanMcg IanMcg wrote:

Hello,

1/Yasaka Anti Power
2/Nittaku Best Anti
3/Butterfly Super Anti
4/Tibhar Elen/Individual
5/Friendship 804
YASAKA Anti Power has a rather springy sponge (for an antispin) which makes it pretty fast. The topsheet feels like a more plastic substance rather than the usual soft grippy rubber, and thus has good reversal. IMO it's better for an aggressive hitting game at the table, or a chopping game far from the table. Its pretty insensitive to spin. The tough topsheet and springy sponge make for a rubber that is slightly difficult to control, because sometimes you hit the ball off the table because you aren't being careful. I've seen some classic defenders use this pretty well in 1.5. The black version comes with a sea green/blue sponge which is pretty cool.

Nittaku Best Anti has a topsheet that has a tad more grip than the Anti Power. It has decent reversal at low impacts, but as you work your way into the sponge more it grips and spins the ball better and better. IMO its best for a chopping game at mid distance, but it can attack pretty well although not as well as Anti Power can because it's not as fast. You can vary the spin easily quite a bit. Since it is quite slow, you can use this on faster blades and still keep it under control. Speedplay is well known for using this on his Wavestone blade.

If I wanted to play a frictionless/LP blocking game at the table, I wouldn't choose any of these.

I haven't tried Ellen, Super Anti or 804.

what is the most disturbing anti to play against?

Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2013 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

804 antispin is really disturbing, as it reminds a lot of an old sheet of inverted and you never know what to expect from it. It is however terrible to play with (my opinion, using it in red, I have heard that the black is "better") as it's impossible to control.

Neubauer's Anti Special also have lots of disturbing effects and is probably the anti that have caused most "unforced" errors from my opponents. Again, the problem is to control it, as it's very sensitive when it comes to using the correct angle in your strokes with it.

Important to notice when picking an anti rubber to play with, the colour plays a huge part in how it performs. Red is faster and have more reversal/disturbing effects, while black is slower and less effect, but "easier" to use. Up close to the table, I would always go with red, but if chopping is what you want to do, go with black.
The holy grail
tt4me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2013 at 1:57pm

I know the most difficult anti to play against is the one that is being used by the best player.  I have never had problems playing against anti rubber just the person holding it.
What do you call disturbing?
I have played with four antis but if I want disturbing I would play with 0X LPs.

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2013 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by tt4me tt4me wrote:

I know the most difficult anti to play against is the one that is being used by the best player.  I have never had problems playing against anti rubber just the person holding it.
I have played with four antis but if I want disturbing I would play with 0X LPs.

dusturbing = the rubber that returns weird balls or the one that makes you more unpredictable spin balls.

there was a guy in my club no longer playing today  that had an anti (yasaka,donic..) dont remember which was but was very hard to read the spin,the guy   wasnt a good player

Edited by bbkon - 03/06/2013 at 4:12pm
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2013 at 4:35pm

Originally posted by tt4me tt4me wrote:

dusturbing = the rubber that returns weird balls or the one that makes you more unpredictable spin balls.
there was a guy in my club no longer playing today  that had an anti (yasaka,donic..) dont remember which was but was very hard to read the spin,the guy   wasnt a good player

Rule of thumb, the harder it is to play against, the harder it is to play with. This is pretty much true for every junk rubber I have ever tried, frictionless lp being the exception, but only at lower levels. At higher levels, they where easy to play against, as they where very predictable. Players who used them and won did it because of skill, not because of any funky effects from the rubbers. At lower levels, the rubber alone could win matches.
The holy grail
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2013 at 1:50am
In the hand of skilled player every anti spin rubber is a big destroyer. I played once against our best anti spin player (he is using anti power too) - many times national champion from the past and I lost 2:3 in the year of 2010, in the National Group Stage Tournament.  This style is not effective in today's fast game in the high level game (2400/2500+) I think, but under this rating it works good against unversed players.
For example I am playing equal against my level players here with my anti power rubber, but I have never had a serious intention to play with anti spin. In the end of this week I will have a round from the national team championship in the 2nd division and I will try for 1st time to play against my level players on tournament with Anti Power. The way I wanted to play with Anti Power is because of my problem with the knee and I will rely on blocking with my bh.
I will be glad if someone tried another anti spin rubber and can help me with comparison like IanMcg. It seem Nittaku Best Anti is good choice too, but it is without number.
Any other offers for anti spin rubber 2.0 or max with number?

robs75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robs75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2013 at 2:42am
I have 1 red and 1 black unopened Yasaka anti both in 2.0 if interested
Acuda S1 - Butterfly Timo Boll ALC - Hurricane 3
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2013 at 3:09am
Originally posted by robs75 robs75 wrote:

I have 1 red and 1 black unopened Yasaka anti both in 2.0 if interested

PM how much do you want for an anti, i wonder how do you tell if an anti is worn or is ethernal
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2013 at 3:11am

In the hand of skilled player every anti spin rubber is a big destroyer. I played once against our best anti spin player (he is using anti power too) - many times national champion from the past and I lost 2:3 in the year of 2010, in the National Group Stage Tournament.  This style is not effective in today's fast game in the high level game (2400/2500+) I think, but under this rating it works good against unversed players.
For example I am playing equal against my level players here with my anti power rubber, but I have never had a serious intention to play with anti spin. In the end of this week I will have a round from the national team championship in the 2nd division and I will try for 1st time to play against my level players on tournament with Anti Power. The way I wanted to play with Anti Power is because of my problem with the knee and I will rely on blocking with my bh.
I will be glad if someone tried another anti spin rubber and can help me with comparison like IanMcg. It seem Nittaku Best Anti is good choice too, but it is without number.
Any other offers for anti spin rubber 2.0 or max with number?

i kne a girl that played with curlp1  special and she won against  lot of skilled girls  ,the rubber played by itself
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2013 at 7:21am
Yes, but this game with curl p1 or anti spin is not for everyone. My team mate who is Pips-out player all his life ...can't play with anti spin, for example. I can't play with pips-out. Every player has different skills. But I never heard a player on my level to switch from pips-in both sides to anti spin and to play on the same level, injured.
For the highest class players I think this is impossible. I don't believe 2500+ player will put anti spin and he will beat another 2500+ player.
Also I am twiddling my paddle and my game is very different If I mean the game of the normal anti spin player, I am using both fh and bh topspin and counter-topspin when the ball is coming more slowly and this is not the way my opponents are waiting for Smile

tt4me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2013 at 2:11am
You guys have taken yet another thread off the rails.
I have played with Anti Power, Best Anti, Super Anti and Guard.
They are all different.  While I agree with speedplay in general I don't agree with his extreme views of  best anti.   I view Best Anti as being some where between Super Anti and Anti Power.  Super Anti provide the most spin reversal and Anti Power provides the most friction to allow attacking.  Guard has a very dead sponge and a hard top sheet.  GD Guard provides control and the ability to absorb energy but there is nothing tricky about it.

nikk64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikk64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2013 at 3:48am
Kolev and one of the players with the most powerful BH who play in our league. It would be a shame to replace it with Anti!OuchShocked
Butterfly Boll Tricarbon off , FH- Armstrong Attack 8 PZC-SP EX-X- 4.0 , RPB-Butterfly Tenergy 80-FX- max
video-https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0vx5
robs75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robs75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2013 at 5:18pm
The 2 sheets of yasaka anti power one red and one black in 2.0 I could let go both for $30. 
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2013 at 4:03am
Thank you Robs75, put some pictures - topsheet/sponge and write the size of the rubbers. How long time these rubbers have been used? May be someone will have interest and you will sold them.

About my game with Anti Power - I beat 3:0 one man, who has a victory against M.Maze in 1995 with 2:0 games on the EC under 15 :) Last game I gave him 2 points. He couldn't read the spin of this rubber. I beat another 2 players with 3:0 and 3:2, I won also one match in doubles 3:0. I destroyed very easy the opponents in doubles. I lost two games 1:3 and 0:3 from a players with huge experience against Anti Power. Their coaches are using the same anti spin rubber, they played against them more than 10 years and to beat that kind of players will be impossible without strong foot work.
I noticed the last match in doubles me and my partner lost 3:2 just with two points in the last game, I was extremely effective against the man who beat me 3:0 in the single match. He didn't beat me only. He just killed me and I was "crying" I am using anti power LOL 1,3,5. Nine points total for the match. But in doubles he wasn't so sure when I received his partner's serving with my Anti Power.
Of course, we had our chances to beat them, but I made some tactical mistakes because of my limited movement and I just blocked a balls which I will shoot with great power, usually.
No matter of the results, I am sure now I can't lost from soft playing players around 2300, only very strong and powerful players can beat me, with long experience against anti spin rubber, no matter I am using this rubber just for a two-three weeks, even I am injured and playing with just one rubber for attack.
 I found the best rubber which I can use to teach my players in offense - YASAKA Anti Power Thumbs Up

Edited by kolevtt - 03/11/2013 at 4:10am
robs75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robs75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2013 at 11:05am
lol, i guess i can take pics of the package, these are new unopened rubbers 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic