FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Adidas Tenzone Ultra Review & Forum Testing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adidas Tenzone Ultra Review & Forum Testing
    Posted: 03/08/2013 at 7:30am

Hello once again for another Adidas Tenzone Ultra Rubber that is released today (April 1). The test rubbers being tested by some of the forum members without the label is none other than the Tenzone Ultra. Adidas has also released a new video of the Tenzone ulta with Jonathan Groth using the new rubber. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQvAHQWGY54&feature=share

Adidas have been developing this rubber since late last year and they have produced the latest generation esn rubber. They claim that this is newer than the Evolution series in terms of sponge used but also has some sort of different characteristic in its sponge and topsheet.

Weight: 70-72 grams Uncut (max), 45-47 grams cut to an adidas challenge force and avenger 5 blades.
Tests blades: Adidas Challenge Force and Avenger 5

Topsheet

The topsheet is similar in nature to the tenzone and tenzone sf in which the ultra has a ligther color compared to dark red colors of the P7. 

Sponge

it's a creamy white porous sponge unlike its yellow orange predecessors. also it has large pores. Adidas claims that this is a different sponge compared to other ESN rubbers from other brands that were recently released.

While i was pressing against the sponge and rubber i have noticed that it is slightly softer compared to the Tenzone. Therefore this rubber is softer than MX-P but some what close to EL-P in terms of hardness. 

Speed

I have done about 2 weeks testing of this rubber even before when Adidas started to send out the unlabelled rubbers for testing. I would say it is not as fast as the Regular Tenzone in hitting deep into the sponge but it is not slow. I could say this is faster than the P7 but with a more firm feeling when hitting the ball. The P7 has a softer feel when hitting through the sponge. Compared to other brands, the speed is more or less equal to the EL-P, faster than Tenergy 05 and maybe a bit faster than the BF M2. .

Spin

What I love about the P7 is its ability to generate spin easily whether you are an amateur player like me or a high level player like Jonathan Groth. Adidas incorporated the spin of the P7 in this rubber at the same increasing its speed by a few notches. You don't have to hit that hard to spin but also its not sensitive to incoming spin enabling easy blocks and returns. The arc when looping is like medium arc, not as high as the T05 as what i have noticed during testing. I would say for higher levels, the Tenzone is still spinnier but the Ultra is much easier to create spin. Its better to create spin hitting through the sponge with teh Ultra, in the tenzone you don't hit as much through teh sponge but you brush it like a Chinese rubber, both having very spinny effects depending on your contact with the ball. 

Control and other characteristics

I have found out and was told that Jonathan Groth is now using this rubber. Before he was using tenzone on both fh and bh sides but when he switched to this rubber, he claims that he had better plays with this because it was more controllable than the tenzone at the same time he didn't have any major adjustments made. Adidas claims Groth really likes this rubber the first tiem he used it. As stated earlier, blocking is very good because its not spin sensitive and is very controllable. In my 2 weeks testing this rubber, i came to like it more using it as a backhand rubber. Although it is a very good rubber for the forehand, it suited my backhand better. Im kinda used to the tenzone nowadays and its a bit odd that i can control the tenzone and the tenzone ultra compared to the P7, maybe its my stroke. 

IMHO, this is a bit different from the regular Tenzone and the Tenzone SF. Its a different Tenzone in terms of sponge, feel and control. I believe in my personal opinion, Adidas didn't make a faster rubber as being faster doesn't automatically equal to being a better rubber. I think they made a rubber that will be easier to spin with and at the same time can create spin to its fullest potential because of its being user friendly. Im saying this because even though there are spinnier rubbers in the market, with the Ultra, its like you are not afraid of losing control and spinning it better because you don't have to hold back without fears of the ball going too long.

12 testers with one adidas rubber each:

1. pondus

2. Thethinker

3. Antmay

4. Dalamchops

5. Pingpongholic10

6. Van_doorn

7. Chopchopslam

8. Andysmith

9. Jonyer1980

10. Acuda dave

11.128yingyang

12. delgado

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

Zach Moy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach Moy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2013 at 7:45am
How would one qualify to be a tester of the rubber?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2013 at 7:47am
just post what you feel about the rubber if you have tested it, of course an honest but non biased detailed review
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2013 at 8:21am
Seems like a new trend is starting, where manufacturers send out some samples without logos to get some feedback. I quite like the idea... helps everyone.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
neutronbomb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neutronbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2013 at 8:55am
i'd like to test one. i've been curious about some of the adidas rubbers for awhile. i practice with a robot quite often and match play 10 hours a week. i can give a review based on my feel and what others think about the shots they receive.
 if i can test one, let me know and i'll give you an address.
thanks
USATT Rating 2059

FH Tibhar 5Q+

BH Giant Dragon Long

Hallmark Aurora
The Shakehander View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shakehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2013 at 8:59am
Is it pips out? :)
dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2013 at 9:07am
I'll try it. I use inverted on BH, SP on FH
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
PingPongHolic10 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2013 at 9:13am
I would like to test:) posted numerous reviews here.
Can use it on both wings
My FS/FT

Member of Yinhe,OSP & Nexy Clan
van_doorn View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote van_doorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2013 at 9:26am
I can test one, but i live in the Netherlands, but i can post it on the dutch forum as well for extra exposure. Let me know if this is possible Smile
Butterfly Harimoto sZLC
Butterfly Tenergy 05
Xiom Vega Japan

MyFeedbackSection
seoulkorean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seoulkorean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2013 at 9:32am
I would be interested in testing this out as well.  Thanks.

My Feedback

Primary: Stiga Hybrid Wood NCT with Boost TP/TC

Backup: RSM PLatinum with TSP Triple Spin
chopchopslam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopchopslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2013 at 10:04am
Sign me up!!
Butterfly Grubba Pro
Tenergy 80
National Team Pogo LP .6mm
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2013 at 10:23am
If you want some euro representation, I'm up for it! Used R6, P3, P5 for many months in the past few years.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
robs75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robs75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2013 at 10:31am
Hello, I would love the chance to try a rubber? I would be more than happy to write a review. 
thanks
Acuda S1 - Butterfly Timo Boll ALC - Hurricane 3
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2013 at 10:36am
USA, RSA very simliar... Wink
ckhirnigs113 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckhirnigs113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2013 at 10:43am
I would like to test the rubber as well. I'll be happy to post my findings. Thanks!
Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita FL
FH: Xiom Vega Japan MAX
BH: TSP P-1R 1.0mm
USATT Rating: 1947
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2013 at 11:39am
I woukd be pleased if they also could do the same on Europe.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Pingvinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pingvinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2013 at 11:49am
They are probably doing it in Europe, but through European channels, not mytt.net. I'd guess they are also having this tested by their sponsored players in Europe.

Edited by Pingvinis - 03/08/2013 at 11:56am
Zach Moy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach Moy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2013 at 11:50am
I would like to test a rubber as well. I play smooth both sides, two wing looper.
SpinTheory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpinTheory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2013 at 1:01pm
I would like to test one as well please pm me
right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2013 at 1:29pm
I would like to test and post my unbiased findings .
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2013 at 1:30pm
Please include me as a Tester for this rubber. 
Thanks,
Dave
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
128YinYang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 128YinYang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2013 at 6:19pm
I would enjoy testing one, Yogi. I have done testing for Nexy blades, and I am currently testing the Vega Japan (courtesy of tabletennis11). Thank you.

Selling Everything! No set-up at this time.
Dr.Cho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Cho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2013 at 7:14pm
Please sign me up also 
Thanks
Dr Cho
DeIgado View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeIgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2013 at 7:27pm
I've tested a lot of rubbers and I am over 2000. Been here for a while. I'd like to test this one out.
Viscaria 86g T05 T05-fx
2059 and rising
barq9033 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barq9033 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2013 at 7:29pm
I would like to test it. I have tried Adidas P5 and I am currently using tenzone. I also have some people that can give some feedback.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2013 at 1:17am
alex, i think other companies have been doing these before but its fun testing rubbers, i already have the labelled rubbers but i cant share it until march 20. 

the list have been updated, to those who have not been chosen rest assured you will have your chance to test since adidas will have lots of new products this year

Jubei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jubei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2013 at 3:22am
I think it will be best if Adidas can just send test rubbers directly to players.
In Indonesia, several people is selling those test rubbers.........................
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2013 at 6:10am
ahmm adidas is sending those rubbers directly via fedex. 

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2013 at 6:22am
let me reiterate this statement - please include your contact numbers! fedex wont send it without your number

DeIgado View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeIgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2013 at 8:14pm
I got mine in today, where to review at?
Viscaria 86g T05 T05-fx
2059 and rising
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic