Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tenergy 80 vs. donic m3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NoelTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoelTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tenergy 80 vs. donic m3
    Posted: 03/08/2013 at 11:09pm
Which is better tenergy 80 or donic m3 for my FH? I cant decide because this is my second time to buy a rubber. I have xiom vega europe for my BH and my blade is stiga tube carbo wrb. Please help meee. :)
Sponsored Links

GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2013 at 11:58pm
Tenergy 80 is harder and Bluefire M3 is softer. Do you prefer hard or soft for the forehand?
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
NoelTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoelTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2013 at 7:01am
I prefer medium-hard rubbers but does tenergy 80 can lift a ball? Because i saw the review of tenergy 80 and its not a tacky rubber.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2013 at 9:00am
Neither of these are tacky, both are grippy like your Vega Europe.

Both great rubbers, T80 bouncier and faster. Both have awesome spin. If you like medium hard you should go T80, or Bluefire M2.

If you have to use tacky on the fh, look elsewhere.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
NoelTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoelTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2013 at 9:02am
Can you guys suggest me a good forehand rubber that matches my xiom vega europe andstiga tube carbo wrb.
DDreamer View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2013 at 9:07am
Just about any rubber would probably be fine. A lot depends on what standard you are and what type of game you play. Why don't you just put Europe on your FH as well?

I know that faster equipment will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
NoelTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoelTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2013 at 9:19am
@Andysmith does t80 can lift a ball?
NoelTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoelTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2013 at 9:21am
@DDreamer i dont want to put my vega europe in fh because i heard that vega europe is the best for bh.
DDreamer View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2013 at 9:30am
The player lifts the ball. Any decent rubber will allow you to do this. 

Re - Vega Europe - it is fine for the FH. I used it for a while and liked it. Just switch your blade around and try it yourself. 

What standard are you? How long have you been playing?
I know that faster equipment will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2013 at 9:37am
Originally posted by NoelTT NoelTT wrote:

@Andysmith does t80 can lift a ball?

If you mean does it lift a ball from a table when you press the bat down on it, then no. It's not tacky at all. 

If you're dead set on a tacky rubber for the FH, you can't go far wrong with DHS Hurricane 3 Neo. But choosing between tacky and grippy can be a big decision. It might depend on the mechanics of your FH stroke (or how you want it to develop). 

You should try the vega Europe on your FH for at least a few minutes to see if you like it at all. 
NoelTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoelTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2013 at 9:49am
Im a all around player and ive been playing for about 2 and a half years. Can you suggest a all around rubber? Like yasaka mark v.
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2013 at 9:54am
Originally posted by NoelTT NoelTT wrote:

Im a all around player and ive been playing for about 2 and a half years. Can you suggest a all around rubber? Like yasaka mark v.
try omega IV elite
NoelTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoelTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2013 at 9:57am
Is it good for allaround style?
NoelTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoelTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2013 at 10:00am
I was using ritc rubber last last year and it is tacky right? My fh is good with a tacky rubber but i wanna try a tenergy rubber because my team mates is using tenergy rubbers and they're liking it.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2013 at 11:22am
Going from friendship (some sort of 729 version, I guess?) to tenergy is a massive jump. I would only recommend tenergy to players in with solid technical skills, or players who have regular structured coaching.

Don't know your level, but I would call it an expensive risk to try tenergy as your 2nd rubber after 729. Try your teammate's bat before you splash out.
NoelTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoelTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2013 at 6:46pm
The problem is my team mates is in another country. They just update me with their new ruubers and they told me that tenergy are Good on table so i want to try it too.
DDreamer View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2013 at 1:07am
Can you tell us what standard you are? Would you have any idea in USTTA rating terms? The amount of time you have been playing doesnt help. If you are still a beginner then it is just a waste of money buying Tenergy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic