Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Absolutely surprised with Clipper CR

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Absolutely surprised with Clipper CR
    Posted: 03/19/2013 at 6:58pm
I´ve purchased a Clipper CR because of my freaking impulse- EJ fever to buy everything it´s cheap or on sale. I´m not the typical EJ that tries blades and rubbers all day long, just only during summertime or when we quit season or stop it for some weeks, so i use to play always with my same setup.... in fact, I´ve been playing with my acoustics for years.... discarding all sort of Viscarias, Violins TBS, ALC, Maze, Darker Speed 90 and so....

So, a friend of mine got it brand new on a local retailer at 32 euro at clearance sales..... i always wanted to try Clipper since the great reviews here&there, but honesty, I´ve never expected it was going to be that good!!

Compared to my light trusty Acoustic (79gr)  feels bit  heavier(87gr)  but much better balance, legend handles feels really comfy and definetely grips better , much better that lame thin slippery ST acoustic handle.  On the other hand,  control on short game is just same as acoustic but way much powerful and solid on heavy tospins or driving.  Blocking is also a breeze and due to its stiffness, ball throw is much lower and linear and safer than Acoustic.
Shamefuly, craftmanship is not par with its unbelieable feeling so if you´re a little bit picky you´ll better sand off those sharp edges and that rough handle. For me it´s fine,  but i can understand players that can sand it off at the shapr neck area.  

To sum up: 

I have wasted more that 150 euro on my premium-unique-light-as-a-feather Acoustic and always thought it was the better blade ever........ and then i bought a clearance cheap stiga blade for  just 5-6 times cheaper, then realize it even fits better to my game Ouch

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Sponsored Links

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2013 at 7:05pm
I've been playing with Clipper for about 3-4 years. Every time I try another blade for a spell, and really think I like it and get used to it, I somehow always come crawling back to a Clipper. There's just something about it that's so perfect. I dunno. I've had Acoustic, various Xiom blades, Korbel, etc. etc.... but what am I back to using again? Clipper.
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2013 at 10:06pm
is it just me or does the clipper have really high throw?
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2013 at 10:14pm
After you tried Clipper CR for a while, you may upgrade to Clipper CC, it's just like a tuned Clipper CR Wink
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2013 at 12:20am
i need to get a clipper wood these days
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2013 at 12:29am
@ Jonyer, did you buy the Clipper CR WRB or Non-WRB version?
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2013 at 12:31am
Originally posted by JohnnyChop JohnnyChop wrote:

is it just me or does the clipper have really high throw?

It's all relative.  However, I am with you on this one.
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2013 at 2:40am
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

After you tried Clipper CR for a while, you may upgrade to Clipper CC, it's just like a tuned Clipper CR Wink

You always played a viscaria, how does clipper cc compare to it? I have one on the way from Europe. Thank you in advance.
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2013 at 2:49am
Its the regular CR no hollow handle.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2013 at 2:49am
Acoustic isn't that good a blade, surprised it took you so long to improve on it
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2013 at 3:25am
I am really and pleasantly surprised to find out that the new clippers CR are so amazingly light; my last Legend was only 82 g.

BTW, there is no non-WRB Clipper CR in the Stiga catalog...
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2013 at 3:43am
Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

You always played a viscaria, how does clipper cc compare to it? I have one on the way from Europe. Thank you in advance.

The reason that I try Clipper CC:

There's Singaporean member name Kai, We met and play in Jakarta last year. He represented National  University of Singapore when there's table tennis competition. He is as tall as me but much more muscular.
He use Clipper CC with H3 Neo provincial and Tenergy 05 on backhand, I was using Viscaria with H3 National and T64.

His loop is so much power and very spiny, even though I blocked with Viscaria with very little vibration, I can feel my hand shaking when I block his loop during warm up play.

At that time I also have Clipper CR, but I don't use it, Viscaria is my favorite blade.
If playing with H3 boosted, then Viscaria is ok, but if only waterbased glue, it's not fast enough.

Then I use Clipper CR with rubber cement on H3, it's much faster than Waterbased glue. I found more powerful dan Viscaria.

Now I with 30% more power than Clipper CR, the Clipper CC is powerful enough with H3 even with rubber cement.

I saw the comment in paddle palace, from pingpong god David Yu, who is also the member of mytt, he said clipper cr is the best stiga blade so far, before I try it, I found the comment is a bit over hyped, but now I may have same opinion as him.

compared to Viscaria, Viscaria has higher throw, slower, creates higher arc when looping. Clipper CC produce a flatter arc with more kick. If H3 is boosted and sticked to Viscaria, then it will also has a nice kick, but the arc is not as flat as Clipper series.

Edited by peter79 - 03/20/2013 at 5:29am
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2013 at 4:36am
after reading all the rave reviews of the clipper CR non-WRB.  I just ordered one myself thanks to Peter79's suggestion of the Chinese version of the Clipper CR.  I can't wait till it arrives, thanks!
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2013 at 4:39am

Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

The reason that I try Clipper CC:

There's Singaporean member name Kai, We met and play in Jakarta last year. He represented National  University of Singapore when there's table tennis competition. He is as tall as me but much more muscular.
He use Clipper CC with H3 Neo provincial and Tenergy 05 on backhand, I was using Viscaria with H3 National and T64.

His loop is so much power and very spiny, even though I blocked with Viscaria with very little vibration, I can feel my hand shaking when I block his loop during warm up play.

At that time I also have Clipper CR, but I don't use it, Viscaria is my favorite blade.
If playing with H3 boosted, then Viscaria is ok, but if only waterbased glue, it's not fast enough.

Then I use Clipper CR with rubber cement on H3, it's much faster than Waterbased glue. I found more powerful dan Viscaria.

Now I with 30% more power than Clipper CR, the Clipper CC is powerful enough with H3 even with rubber cement.

I saw the comment in paddle palace, from pingpong god David Yu, who is also the member of mytt, he said clipper cr is the best stiga blade so far, before I try it, I found the comment is a bit over hyped, but now I may have same opion as him.

compared to Viscaria, Viscaria has higher throw, slower, creates higher arc when looping. Clipper CC produce a flatter arc with more kick. If H3 is boosted and sticked to Viscaria, then it will also has a nice kick, but the arc is not as flat as Clipper series.

I haven't seen or heard from David Yu in a very long time. I'm pretty sure him trying My Clipper CR with no WRB is what made him try it. That guy buys thousands of dollars worth of stuff at a time, so it was nothing to him. He pops up in the Iowa City club once in a great while. Think he's from florida? Anyone heard from him lately? (sorry to go off topic) 

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2013 at 4:40am
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

after reading all the rave reviews of the clipper CR non-WRB.  I just ordered one myself thanks to Peter79's suggestion of the Chinese version of the Clipper CR.  I can't wait till it arrives, thanks!

Where did you order it from? I've been meaning to get a solid handle version for a while. My original one I traded off for the Acoustic I sold a while back lol, and now I miss it. 
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2013 at 5:33am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

Where did you order it from? I've been meaning to get a solid handle version for a while. My original one I traded off for the Acoustic I sold a while back lol, and now I miss it. 

You may visit buychina.com (taobao agent) and search for Clipper CR, find the one that has hologram sticker, the price is more expensive than tao bao, but it's impossible to buy from taobao from outside China.

http://www.buychina.com/products?keyword=clipper+cr&cid=

Edited by peter79 - 03/20/2013 at 5:40am
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2013 at 5:40am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

I haven't seen or heard from David Yu in a very long time. I'm pretty sure him trying My Clipper CR with no WRB is what made him try it. That guy buys thousands of dollars worth of stuff at a time, so it was nothing to him. He pops up in the Iowa City club once in a great while. Think he's from florida? Anyone heard from him lately? (sorry to go off topic) 

So both of you have met? Yes I'm shocked on FS section that He want to sell his butterfly 60 anniversary blades for 3000 usd all of them LOL
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Olio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2013 at 10:06am
maybe not in the catalogue anymore, but my team mate has one. So they exist.
LoopsALot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoopsALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2013 at 10:51am
What is the optimum weight for a Clipper CR WRB? Is under-85grams ok?

729 6030L $18
DHS TG3 NEO $17
Gambler Outlaw $14
USATT 1640
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2013 at 2:04pm
Mine is 84g :) 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2013 at 3:20pm
I got it in Spain, if you´re still interested on it i can send you MP my local supplier Wink

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2013 at 3:33pm
Your Clipper CR non-WRB really has Legend handle? Send me PM about your supplier.
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2013 at 4:21pm

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2013 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

Your's is not the current version of Clipper CR, the current Clipper CR has smaller letter near the wing. The CR coating is much thicker than your current CR. Your CR has more dwell but it's slower and softer. The current Clipper CR is harder and faster than older version. Try them both Wink
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2013 at 3:59am
I WANT YOUR CLIPPER. 
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2013 at 4:24am
Nice clipper, but im more interested in the cookies.. :$
Blade: TB ALC
FH: Tenergy05 2.1
BH: Tenergy64 1.7
DrBacterius View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrBacterius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2013 at 5:11am
Hi Joyner!!!!Wink

Finally I'm here. Tonight will follow the post with more CR photos!! And Ludeack photos...Thumbs Up
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrBacterius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2013 at 2:50pm
Sorry for the delay.

Here are some photos of my Clipper CR Master and Ludeack. Same wood composition, few differences.

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrBacterius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2013 at 2:53pm
Ludeack vs Clipper:

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2013 at 2:58pm
I miss my ludeack.......... 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic