Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Stiga Infinity VPS V

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
nikk64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nikk64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stiga Infinity VPS V
    Posted: 04/02/2013 at 8:28am
New product reached the market since 05. 2013. A new technology, and very likely a new high in price.Beer

The Infinity VPS V - with Diamond Touch (OFF) with the brand new VPS technology (Veneer Precision System) is built with two hand-selected middle veneers that are treated with a unique and exact heating and cooling process with precisely measured time and temperature.

The Diamond Touch technology gives the outer veneers extra hardness and the surface an incredibly smooth finish and combined with the VPS technology the result is an offensive lightweight blade with outstanding solid touch and feeling.

Infinity VPS V gives you the possibility to master the key elements in today's modern game: aggressive receives which help you gain the upper hand at an early stage, and the possibility to follow up with powerful and aggressive topspin shots. Developed together with top players from the Chinese National Team, the Infinity VPS V suits the more offensive minded player with powerful topspin strokes!

Speed: 100 Control: 70 Veneers: 5 Type: Off Approx weight: 85 g

Available in all STIGA grips: Classic (Straight), Legend (Concave), Master (Concave narrow), Winner (Anatomic), Champ (Conic) and Pen.
Sponsored Links

Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2013 at 12:10pm
Amazing! Stiga invented hot water. Again.
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2013 at 12:47pm
I am wondering why Stiga is so in love with very hard blades.
chandro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chandro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2013 at 2:50pm
i hope it is a looping blade that is closer to clipper than the hardwood series. 
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2013 at 2:07am
Originally posted by chandro chandro wrote:

i hope it is a looping blade that is closer to clipper than the hardwood series. 

It will be closer to Clipper than the hardwood series. It is lighter than Clipper.
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
TopSpinNinja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TopSpinNinja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2013 at 4:23am
The price will be around 50-55 euro

the blade however will be positioned between OC Nct Carbon & Clipper

I will have it next week, and will do some reviews if someone needed

The official start is 05.05.13
chandro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chandro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2013 at 12:01pm
tabletennis11 costs it 72 euros.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TopSpinNinja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2013 at 4:04am
I spend with this blade 3 session -2 hours each.
I will use clipper & Oc for comparrison,rubbers i used for the test was Aurus Sound FH & BH
Infinity blade is Stiff,quite stiff, whatever the top ply to me look like the NCT to glue rubbers no problem at all

Speed a notch slower than original clipper,good close to the table and mid distance
more than 2.5 metres  i start feel lack of speed
good feel for the ball,aurus sound really "hug" the ball and catapult it with tons of spin

The blade is good for loopers ,blockers and choppers i didnt found it good enought for flats (where clipper shines).

My personal view is that stiga perform this blade to feel the gap between OC and rw v
(and the price gap also ) :)

Overall the control is good i will rate it 8.5 (but this is probably because of the rubbers)

Speed is something very personal but to me it it seems like 8 to 8.2 and lets say clipper is 8.4-5

A person who want a upgrade from OC probably should give a try

but its far more away from rw and eb

finish is tupical for stiga-Bad and rough my blade weight 84.6 grs,which is not bad for legend handle

Edited by TopSpinNinja - 05/08/2013 at 4:04am
chandro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chandro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2013 at 6:20am
do you think that blocking is better than clipper?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TopSpinNinja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2013 at 9:12am
I can block with anything ,but in general stiffer blades block better
which lead to an answer NO

:)
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2013 at 3:00pm
So how does it feel? Hard/soft? Catapult?Dwell?
I hate hardwood series that have hard and dead feel.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TopSpinNinja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2013 at 3:27pm
for me its medium feel- catapult like clipper
dwell-hm, aurus sound its pretty dwelly

blade is good for loopers,but depends what your level is

some people can execute 30
drills other can do 3

:)

parhelia9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parhelia9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 8:35am
does it head heavy ?
return to XIOM amadues (little mozart)

FH :XIOM TAU I
BH :Cornilleau Pulse Racer
TiagoF97 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TiagoF97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2013 at 1:24pm
It is worthy to buy Stiga Infinity VPS V with Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive at the moment?
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2014 at 10:09am
i glued bf m2 on my borrowed infinity vps and i played with it during tonight's tt session. wow no all-wood blade ever felt sweeter than this! it's even better than dhs pg7...i encourage you guys to try this blade. its worth every penny....now i understand why fzd uses this   
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

HAPPINESS is....sometimes no words, just the sound of a ball
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2014 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by mrdoodzki mrdoodzki wrote:

i glued bf m2 on my borrowed infinity vps and i played with it during tonight's tt session. wow no all-wood blade ever felt sweeter than this! it's even better than dhs pg7...i encourage you guys to try this blade. its worth every penny....now i understand why fzd uses this   

...aside from the fact he uses a Viscaria with Infinity handle, you mean?!
T05 2.1 | VISCARIA | T64 1.9
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2014 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by tabten5 tabten5 wrote:

did you read the whole thread? and specifically, did you open the picture of FZD with his blade? (vs the controversial pics which don't even show an infinity handle)

Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2014 at 12:32pm
we need a snopes for table tennis to filter out such nonsense
V-Griper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V-Griper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2014 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

we need a snopes for table tennis to filter out such nonsense

I was just about to post the same response when I saw you beat me to it.Thumbs Up
DHS 301
Xiom Vega 7pro FH/BH
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2014 at 1:48pm

did you read the whole thread? and specifically, did you open the picture of FZD with his blade? (vs the controversial pics which don't even show an infinity handle)

IMHO, the blade in this picture is not a Viscaria.  It does not look like the Viscaria that I have in  my hand right now.
puppy412 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puppy412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2014 at 2:16pm
Wink

Edited by puppy412 - 01/28/2014 at 2:18pm
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2014 at 2:46pm
Yes, of course I read the whole thread. In my view, FZD is very unlikely to have switched to an Infinity - it bears no similarity to a Viscaria. The thread linked to is inconclusive, with views both ways. You will note, I'm sure, the civility and courtesy demonstrated there. Perhaps it's something some members here can learn from.
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2014 at 3:36pm
I wonder how´s Infinity compared to Acoustic in terms of Speed, feeling control. 
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2014 at 3:43pm

Yes, of course I read the whole thread. In my view, FZD is very unlikely to have switched to an Infinity - it bears no similarity to a Viscaria. The thread linked to is inconclusive, with views both ways. You will note, I'm sure, the civility and courtesy demonstrated there. Perhaps it's something some members here can learn from.

The thread is inconclusive? There is not even the slightest shred of evidence that FZD uses a Viscaria with Infinity VPS handle in that thread. First of all, the ambiguous photo which opens the thread is not an Infinity handle. Second, there's no evidence that the paddle belongs to FZD. Third, the photo I zoomed in on, where we actually see FZD, is most obviously not a Viscaria.

tabten5, you're right, I lacked civility in my response. I tend to get irritated by the propagation of internet hoaxes. And I'm really surprised that you, a member I've always found to be sensible and helpful, would quote something as if it's fact, with a link to a totally ridiculous thread.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2014 at 4:01pm
Doing a google search of the images, I see that a similar thread can be found on a Vietnamese, Japanase, and Chinese forum. Each time, the isolated photos are shown without ever having such a paddle in FZD's hands.

edited to add: I'm more than willing to believe in a handle-swap conspiracy... but only when it's presented with credibility

Edited by the_theologian - 01/28/2014 at 4:20pm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2014 at 4:59pm
I get where Theologian is coming from completely, and I suppose we are all a bit uncivil sometimes (I know I am guilty on occasion). 

Let me give one example of how stuff like this sometimes gets started.  Recently, in a thread about the new ZJK blades, a frequent poster here (who is not a moderator) and who likes to review blades that he is selling wrote this:

"The different with Viscaria, both 93 gr, it has more feel, more whipping effect, more solid feel.
I just wonder if Zhang Jike is using ZJK ALC with Viscaria Handle at the past.
Now Butterfly really make ZJK ALC for public
."

Next thing you know, his "just wonder" will somehow become an accepted fact, at least in some places, no matter how irrational it is.  Why would Btfly have ZJK put Viscaria handles on a blade they are selling for more money?  Wouldn't they rather sell $150-350 fancy new ZJK blades as opposed to $105 Viscarias?  Does it strike anyone that they are that bad at marketing their stuff?  In fact, are they not actually quite good at marketing?  (By the way, the fancy new ZJK blades are not bad, this same poster did outline some of the ways they are actually different from Viscaria, so the thread had value.  However,  it is quite obvious that ZJK himself is not using any of them, as recently as earlier this week.  So why even hint otherwise?).

I've never seen an Infinity blade, so can't say what FZD's current blade is, but I am pretty sure what it isn't.

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2014 at 5:04pm
Fzd blade is infinity. That layering from the picture is infinity. Not Viscaria.
I got several hd blade pictures from latest tournaments and they all seem infinity.
Besides i do not think Fzd is going to lie in his interviews about using an Infinity.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2014 at 5:37pm

The thread is inconclusive? There is not even the slightest shred of evidence that FZD uses a Viscaria with Infinity VPS handle in that thread. First of all, the ambiguous photo which opens the thread is not an Infinity handle. Second, there's no evidence that the paddle belongs to FZD. Third, the photo I zoomed in on, where we actually see FZD, is most obviously not a Viscaria.

tabten5, you're right, I lacked civility in my response. I tend to get irritated by the propagation of internet hoaxes. And I'm really surprised that you, a member I've always found to be sensible and helpful, would quote something as if it's fact, with a link to a totally ridiculous thread.

The suspicion has existed before that thread, especially given the frequency of new sponsor handles (Liqin, Ovtcharov, etc, etc.) Logically, it's unlikely that FZD changed the blade he grew up with to one that is so different in most aspects (head size, handle, thickness, plies, feel, weight, speed, and so on.) Without any pictures, I would remain suspicious (as many others do). I'm not suggesting that thread provides evidence which would apply in a courtroom, and rest assured my original reply was meant tongue-in-cheek. The short answer is that nobody here knows what he is using; it could be anything (including the Infinity.)
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2014 at 6:20pm

Logically, it's unlikely that FZD changed the blade he grew up with to one that is so different in most aspects (head size, handle, thickness, plies, feel, weight, speed, and so on.)

maybe he just wanted to test it and to write review :)
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2014 at 6:32pm
So which of the frequent commenters here is actually Fan Zhendong?  It would be funny if it was Igorponger.  Yes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic