Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stiga Infinity VPS V

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2014 at 8:20pm
wow i didn't know there was an issue like this. i always thought fzd definitely used infinity vps, same with xu xin with his nct blade
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

HAPPINESS is....sometimes no words, just the sound of a ball
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2014 at 8:33pm
FZD uses infinityvps and the 2nd layer of spruce is evident on the pic, if it was a viscaria the 2nd layer would have been different. i have seen other better pics and it is infinity for sure that is aside from a stiga insider who is a reliable source than just people who speculates here and yes, that stiga insider also told me about non-stiga rubbers being used by their players so the notion that because stiga sponsors these players, the equipment they are using are not stiga and are just marketing hype
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2014 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by mrdoodzki mrdoodzki wrote:

wow i didn't know there was an issue like this. i always thought fzd definitely used infinity vps, same with xu xin with his nct blade

there's not an issue
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2014 at 9:09pm
edit: disregard. who cares.

Edited by the_theologian - 01/28/2014 at 9:13pm
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2014 at 3:48am
Can you tell me the width lenght of the blade?
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2014 at 4:54am
compact head size, smaller than butterfly

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

tt-panopticum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tt-panopticum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2014 at 8:09am
Hi,
width : 149.5mm
length: 155.0mm

Best regards

dabeda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2014 at 12:05am
VPS vs Maplewood 5 vs Rosewood XO ?..  anyone can compare ?
vutiendat1337 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2014 at 3:38am
Originally posted by tabten5 tabten5 wrote:

Yes, of course I read the whole thread. In my view, FZD is very unlikely to have switched to an Infinity - it bears no similarity to a Viscaria. The thread linked to is inconclusive, with views both ways. You will note, I'm sure, the civility and courtesy demonstrated there. Perhaps it's something some members here can learn from.

Hmmm, I am sure Ma Long would have something to say about switching from composite to all-wood blades. Wink Just because you establish a logical reasoning doesn't mean it is valid. 

Edited by vutiendat1337 - 03/14/2014 at 3:39am
bty petr korbel st
fh: donic bluefire red
bh: dawei iqul black
USATT:1811
Feedback me
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2014 at 8:44am
speed = maplewood 5 < vps < rosewood 5 xo

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2014 at 1:21pm
I ordered an Infinity V  FL master yesterday to replace my seasoned Acoustic. I´ll let you know my personal review when it arrives. I really hope all this hype about the blade will be proved and fit my game, since I was lacking the awesome feeling of Violin since i upgraded to Acoustic.

Edited by jonyer1980 - 03/14/2014 at 1:21pm
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
TonyL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2014 at 5:09am
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

I ordered an Infinity V  FL master yesterday to replace my seasoned Acoustic. I´ll let you know my personal review when it arrives. I really hope all this hype about the blade will be proved and fit my game, since I was lacking the awesome feeling of Violin since i upgraded to Acoustic.

That'd be great. I'm hoping to order one at a later time!
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2014 at 7:58am
Nothing compares to the feeling of violin, i don't want to discourage you but you will hate the infinity it is kind of dead compared to violin, hope i am wrong but sure i am not!

Edited by Mickael - 03/15/2014 at 8:03am
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2014 at 8:05am
I agree with Mickael. Very different blades. Violin has lot more vibration and feeling.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2014 at 8:52am
I know its hard to get that sweet feeling but i noticed Violin lacked a bit of raw power once you step back off the table and needed lot of power and didn't go so well with Chinese rubbers.

On the other hand Acoustic has nothing to do with violin, it was fine for me on my FH but too bouncy for my BH and well as blocking or short game.

Edited by jonyer1980 - 03/15/2014 at 8:56am
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2014 at 11:23am
ive been using infinity vps for a month now. as far as i can tell this is the fastest all-wood blade ive used, as fast as my previous blade which was tibhar rapid carbon. its vibration, as you would get from most all wood blades, really gives you a good feel with the ball. i recommend people use this with the latest tensor rubbers, and maybe the tenergys too. the rubbers that i have used with the vps were bryce, bluefire m2, desto f2, h3 national blue sponge, and acuda s1. vps really sucked with bryce, it was really....dead. desto f2 was ok, i just felt the rubber was too slow on vps. same with h3 national blue sponge, although it did bite the ball better, being tacky and having more dwell time because of vps's allwood characteristic. acuda s1 is good on vps, but im not liking the "cracking" sounds acuda s1 makes because it then bottoms out. now comes bluefire m2, this is were i felt vps really shined. the ball had a really good arch with bfm2 + vps and it rarely bottoms out...
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2014 at 11:32am
Originally posted by mrdoodzki mrdoodzki wrote:

How would you compare it to Korbel or Clipper?
bty petr korbel st
Feedback me
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2014 at 12:13pm
ive used neither of them. sorry. ive done a couple of hits with other all wood blades. i dont remember most of them. what i do remember is with the stiga master classic and stiga cr classic, and also yasaka extra carbon and also a few other carbon and allwood blades that vibrate a lot. i can tell you vps is faster than any of the ones i've used or atleast have hit a couple of balls with. the only blades faster than vps are sardius and the t-11
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2014 at 12:44pm
I really doubt it could  be faster that Clipper&neither par with it. Considering the total thickness as well as the ply construction i think it can be closer to a a Korber in terms of speed. 
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2014 at 8:08am
I owned VPS for a while. It is OFF- or OFF at most. Nowhere close to being a fast blade.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2014 at 9:17am
Originally posted by speaquinox speaquinox wrote:

I owned VPS for a while. It is OFF- or OFF at most. Nowhere close to being a fast blade.

Agreed +1.
And mine was a good weight one.
Do not know what blade is mrdoodzki talking about.
A MM or a Viscaria are quite more powerful and faster blades than the vps. Also a clipper cr. Fast close to a korbel.
Imo the vps is all+-off-. It needs arm power.

Edited by ejmaster - 03/16/2014 at 9:23am
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2014 at 10:12am
then i guess ive been using slower blades since i really feel that vps is fast. [EMAIL= ][/EMAIL]
in any case, i'm really liking the quality of my shots with vps as compared to my previous blades
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

harldhzx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harldhzx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2014 at 11:26am
Agree with above. VPS is quite fast compared to, say, Rosewood XO but noticably slower than BTY composites. It is rather stiff which makes a transition from composite to it quite easy. You get more control with less power but overall similar feel. 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2014 at 12:59pm

I really doubt it could  be faster that Clipper&neither par with it. Considering the total thickness as well as the ply construction i think it can be closer to a a Korber in terms of speed. 

Makes sense since Clipper is 7-ply, Infinity should not be faster. I am a 5-ply blade fan ^__^ Played with Korbel for the last year and thinking of a trying something "new" lol
bty petr korbel st
Feedback me
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2014 at 12:38pm
Mine arrived today morning. In fact, quality& finishing  has improved  from those rough old Stiga Series, although it´s still far away from top-notch BYT-DARKER-Nittaku blade.  I don´t  consider to sand the handle, it´s ok. 
Since I don´t have enough time to try it, i´ll make a brief review once i could tried a few sessions. Ive only took a ball with the bare blade,  and it´s not bouncier than my Acoustic, nearly the same. Knuckle test knock also sounds a different pitch from my Acoustic,  maybe a bit more grave, somehow more compact, harder.

Thickness are also so close, maybe Infinity only a tad thicker.

I´ll begin testing it with 05 FH 05FX BH, but i don´t think i can´t match with Chinese boosted on FH, since looks like powerful enough
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

tt-panopticum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt-panopticum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2014 at 1:04pm

Thickness are also so close, maybe Infinity only a tad thicker.

I only have one Acoustic, but that's 5.85mm - all my Infinity are 6.15-6.20mm

The Infinity "official" spec of  "5.9mm" is wrong - at least to my experience of 5 different Infinity.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2014 at 6:35pm
Yes, you´re right. It´s  maybe 0.2-0.3mm thicker

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

bayttplayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayttplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2014 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

Originally posted by speaquinox speaquinox wrote:

Agreed +1.
And mine was a good weight one.
Do not know what blade is mrdoodzki talking about.
A MM or a Viscaria are quite more powerful and faster blades than the vps. Also a clipper cr. Fast close to a korbel.
Imo the vps is all+-off-. It needs arm power.

no...VPS is slow in mid power but very fast in max power. Look at those powerful shot from FZD..
Innerforce-ZLC FL + H3 + T80

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2014 at 9:22pm
its off- to off at most but mostly off-

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2014 at 12:28pm
Well, at last  i could try Infinity V this morning and now i´ve got a closer idea about how it performs.

First of all, I don´t want to dissapoint FZD supporters but i really really doubt he´s in fact playing with Infinity V, in spite he´s got amazing technique, footwork, power etc... FZD he´s for sure  between  5 best gifted pro players all over the world, but  he´s still a humang being, so would swear that it´s almost imposible  to get that super speed with INF-V playing with chinese ultraboosted rubbers. Maybe he plays with infinity handles on something like clipper, how knows. Unless i can prove it& and see it with my own eyes, I think he´s lying about his equipment. 

As Yogi mentioned, i would rate this blade as OFF- mainly. Mine was 83gr, 05fh 05fx bh.  I´ve been  playing Acoustic for a few years so i´ll try to compare both.  There´s less vibration than acouctic, but it´s not as stiff and hard as clipper or hardwood series. 

Speed: I don´t think it´s faster than my former Acoustic, perhaps a tad slower. It´s somewhere between Primorac Off- / Korbel Euro version (oval plastic tag). It´s great for close to the table play, but once you step back a few from the table you´ll feel the  lacks of power. 

Spin: I think i can generate even more spin than my acoustic, at least i believe it  can bite the ball even better . Brushing looping and services are a breeze, loaded with tons of spin.

Control: This is a control based blade, with typical great feeling trademark of Stiga. You can do anything, but if you´re looking for raw speed, then it´s not your blade. It shines on services, as well as service returns, chops, dropshots flicks on the table. Ball placement is great, you can drive easily  with  incredible accuracy. 

I´ll give a more detailed review in a future since i these are my first impressions.

Edited by jonyer1980 - 03/22/2014 at 12:35pm
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic