FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Stiga Infinity VPS V

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
vutiendat1337 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2014 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

Well, at last  i could try Infinity V this morning and now i´ve got a closer idea about how it performs.

First of all, I don´t want to dissapoint FZD supporters but i really really doubt he´s in fact playing with Infinity V, in spite he´s got amazing technique, footwork, power etc... FZD he´s for sure  between  5 best gifted pro players all over the world, but  he´s still a humang being, so would swear that it´s almost imposible  to get that super speed with INF-V playing with chinese ultraboosted rubbers. Maybe he plays with infinity handles on something like clipper, how knows. Unless i can prove it& and see it with my own eyes, I think he´s lying about his equipment. 

Just because it's not as fast a carbon / composite blades? There are a lot of pros who use 5-ply woods like Korbel off. I don't see that argument having real grounds on whether FZD uses it Infinity or not.

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't and it's just infinity handles, nor I am claiming I know what he's using.
bty petr korbel st
fh: donic bluefire red
bh: dawei iqul black
USATT:1811
Feedback me
Sponsored Links

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2014 at 7:20pm
Fzd is using the infinity. It is quite clear in the pictures. Not just the handle but the layering.
I have been using it for months. A 87 gr weight sample and it has all the performance to play at any level.
It allows more arm power.
Fzd also talked about selecting the weight.
The infinity is a perfect off- blade to play at top level.

Edited by ejmaster - 03/22/2014 at 7:28pm
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2014 at 2:01am
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

Fzd is using the infinity. It is quite clear in the pictures. Not just the handle but the layering.
I have been using it for months. A 87 gr weight sample and it has all the performance to play at any level.

+1. yea, i don't see the extra layers in any of his pics.

it's not the clearest, but there was no shade difference unlike here:

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/yan-chn-number-world-serve-liebherr-world-table-tennis-championships-may-may-paris-fra-33570520.jpg

Edited by kurokami - 03/23/2014 at 3:13am
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2014 at 2:36am
hahaha i was listening to 2014 china trials. whoever was casting called fan zhendong "little fatty"
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2014 at 4:14am

Maybe mine´s too light for 83. Even my Acoustic 79gr was faster than INF-V.  According to the pics, his blade looks quite thin, not as thick as typical clipper so whatever he´s using for boosting his rubbers must have a very strong effect..   I´ve been trying to tune it with Falco tempo long and never could get that amount of speed on any chinese rubber

Edited by jonyer1980 - 03/23/2014 at 4:21am
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
vutiendat1337 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2014 at 4:19am

Maybe mine´s too light for 83. Even my Acoustic 79gr was faster than INF-V. Whatever he´s using for boosting his rubbers must have a very strong effect. I´ve been trying to tune it with Falco tempo long and never could get that amount of speed.

Well, he looks like a bull. That strength must manifest somewhere ;) there is your explanation LOL
bty petr korbel st
fh: donic bluefire red
bh: dawei iqul black
USATT:1811
Feedback me
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2014 at 10:18am
Originally posted by kurokami kurokami wrote:

hahaha i was listening to 2014 china trials. whoever was casting called fan zhendong "little fatty"

That's his CNT nickname.   It's usually translated as "Chubby".
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2014 at 11:00am
Page 1 this thread there is a pretty clear image from the_theologian with fzd infinity blade layering. There are more images. That is the infinity blade 5 ply layering with the burnt spruce 2nd ply.

Edited by ejmaster - 03/23/2014 at 11:02am
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2014 at 11:07am

Maybe mine´s too light for 83. Even my Acoustic 79gr was faster than INF-V.  According to the pics, his blade looks quite thin, not as thick as typical clipper so whatever he´s using for boosting his rubbers must have a very strong effect..   I´ve been trying to tune it with Falco tempo long and never could get that amount of speed on any chinese rubber

So you're comparing yourself to a world class player ??
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2014 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

Where am I comparing to fzd? Can you read properly?

There are thousands amateurs that CAN easily make run the ball faster than any pro, just like my bro who's 193m&95kg. Its not a matter of technique its just only raw strength. So simple.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2014 at 12:49pm

Where am I comparing to fzd? Can you read properly?

There are thousands amateurs that CAN easily make run the ball faster than any pro, just like my bro who's 193m&95kg. Its not a matter of technique its just only raw strength. So simple.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2014 at 12:53pm

....So you're comparing yourself to a world class player ??
I see no harm in looking up to this World Class Player. I wanna play like he does when I grow up. LOL
Have you, ah Lam, started stockpiling these VPS V already for flipping to make $$$$ for your retirement?
How does this play vs your favourite Viscaria or TBS or even Photino?
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2014 at 1:51pm

LOL just wow. 

hao shuai is not a big guy. seeing him play at NA teams, no one's shot thus far was even close in speed. and we have 6'4" football players, weight lifters, ppl even taller and heavier than your bro. 

strength matters, but not as much as you think. seeing world class pros in person, u can really appreciate their speed. overhead cam angles on videos don't do any justice.

Viscaria
H3N/T05
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2014 at 3:35pm
I have had the opportunity to watch´em live at 10 metres close to me when La General was playing ECL´S during a few years. I could see Vladi, Timo, Dima, Süss, Primorac, Gardos, Chen Qi, Machado, Juanito... what really surprise me was  their footwork, capacity to read the game and anticipation to their opponents, and well as their skill to hit the ball always with perfect body balance, but once again, i´ve seen many amateurs (not me) that can hit same or even harder. 

Back to Topic i think any bluefire (M1/m2) will suit better that 05 if you don´t want to tune it.

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

bayttplayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayttplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2014 at 1:13pm
I got a 83 gram, but feel has plenty of power, not sure how it characterizes as a off - blade.
It has very hard ourter layer and soft inside, therefore
it needs some power kick the ball into blade. Is slow in mid power but very fast in full power.
I think infinity is design for high level player. Well, i'm not a high level player but I can see the point why FZD pick this blade. With infinty, it is really with infinity support, it doesn't lock of your power, speed is linear reflect to your power. very controllable loop with low arc, that is exactly what pros looking for.
This blade might not fit 90% of us, but I think FZD is using it.
Innerforce-ZLC FL + H3 + T80

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2014 at 11:46pm
I bought the china version from this site, can choose weight, I choose the 91 gr...

http://www.buychina.com/items/stiga-stiga-card-stiga-infinity-vps-v-diamond-5-fan-zhendong-selected-in-kind-zvvomsrrkqn
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2014 at 12:13am
I'm not sure where are you coming from as this blade has plenty of power. You might really use to slow blade. I would rate it the same as others at off-. It is no where near ALC composite.
FZD referred in the interview as  he has to use self-power. Which means it lacks top-gear and he has to compensate by his strength. 
I would bet if he switches to ALC or super-ALC things, we will see the balls fly. Not sure about his overall game though.  
Originally posted by bayttplayer bayttplayer wrote:

I got a 83 gram, but feel has plenty of power, not sure how it characterizes as a off - blade.
it needs some power kick the ball into blade. Is slow in mid power but very fast in full power.
I think infinity is design for high level player. Well, i'm not a high level player but I can see the point why FZD pick this blade. With infinty, it is really with infinity support, it doesn't lock of your power, speed is linear reflect to your power. very controllable loop with low arc, that is exactly what pros looking for.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayttplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2014 at 12:55am
come on..
if so, I think this blade not for you.
as what I mention, it require minimal power to kick the ball into blade before you see the effect, but after that speed will linear reflect to power you put.
I play with ALC, Viscaria too, yes is much fast for blocking and action in slow, but full power loop not as fast as infinity.
All pros has to use self-power, compare with now you think FZD can makes the ball even faster but switches to ALC? No, carbon blade lacks top-gear but not wood. that's why many pros use wood blade like WLQ who play away from table.

Originally posted by aroonkl aroonkl wrote:

I'm not sure where are you coming from as this blade has plenty of power. You might really use to slow blade. I would rate it the same as others at off-. It is no where near ALC composite.
FZD referred in the interview as  he has to use self-power. Which means it lacks top-gear and he has to compensate by his strength. 
I would bet if he switches to ALC or super-ALC things, we will see the balls fly. Not sure about his overall game though.  

aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2014 at 5:27am
My main blade is  slower than V. But I have and play with V, ALC and Innerforce zlf. 

Carbon blade lacks top gear but not wood? That is funny. You mean 5W+ Carbon has less top gear than the same 5W. So Ma Lin carbon is has less top gear than Ma Lin regular version. Also as Acoustic carbon is slower than normal Acoustic. Primoc Carbon and ..........Shocked

All pro has self power for sure. But find the FZD.'s interview and read yourself. He believes he lost some power but gain quality of his balls from using pure wood instead of composite.

come on..
as what I mention, it require minimal power to kick the ball into blade before you see the effect, but after that speed will linear reflect to power you put.
I play with ALC, Viscaria too, yes is much fast for blocking and action in slow, but full power loop not as fast as infinity.
All pros has to use self-power, compare with now you think FZD can makes the ball even faster but switches to ALC? No, carbon blade lacks top-gear but not wood. that's why many pros use wood blade like WLQ who play away from table.

Edited by aroonkl - 03/25/2014 at 5:30am
almanian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almanian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2014 at 5:35am
imo, he's using a vps handle with different blade
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2014 at 6:01am

Mine will arrive in 2 weeks, perfect weight Big smile

Edited by peter79 - 03/25/2014 at 6:06am
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

TonyL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2014 at 6:02am
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

Mine will arrive in 2 weeks, perfect weight Big smile

What's the difference between buying from the Chinese Stiga Supplier other than being able to choose the weight?
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2014 at 6:08am
Originally posted by TonyL TonyL wrote:

What's the difference between buying from the Chinese Stiga Supplier other than being able to choose the weight?

well I buy clipper cr with paper sticker and compare it with Stiga china version. both has the same weight 90 gr, the chinese market version has better finish and better feel, more solid...
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

CornelTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CornelTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2014 at 6:19am
I think Infinity VPS/Intesity NCT are not comparable to Viscaria. I played both Infinity/Intensity for about 4 months and now I turned back to my Viscaria. The differrence is huge. I find my Viscaria better in all aspects: control, speed, spin, close or far from the table. Viscaria is very versatile compared to these two blades. Intensity is very good for topspin close to the table but lacks power when it comes to blocks. Infinity has good control and spin close to the table (not better than Viscaria anyway) but once you make a step from the table you feel it lacks power. I consider Infinity and Intensity are in essence topspin + control blades for a close to the table game. But Viscaria is better in all aspects: excelent feeling and control, alows you to play a very complex tennis (topspin, blocks, pushes, chops...etc anything you want, close or far from the table). It is a complete blade for all amateur to top proffesional players.
former tester and collector, now just player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayttplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2014 at 1:32pm
well, obvious wood more easy to bend than carbon, right? carbon blade faster when ball just kick in the carbon layer but after that the change is small. Let say you put 70% of your power, you will get 80 speed on carbon and 70 on wood. but if you put 90% of your power the effect might be something like 90 on carbon 95 on wood.
for infinity, it designed with very hard outer layer if the outer layer bends a lot it can store huge energy.
just because most of us for most of time not able to do so. I agree this blade not fitting most of us, well, not the best blade for me either. But I can see why pros pick this blade, they don't have off- shots....
me.. I have no problem with FH, ball go deep, long dwell time very fast and controlable , but BH not able to do so.
This blade is for player with fast stroke, someone like Truong and Liang Yonghui with fast stroke will work.
Acutually, I gave my infinity to Liang Yonghui to try. I can fell the ball super fast, but spin not as much as his viscaria somehow.

Originally posted by aroonkl aroonkl wrote:

My main blade is  slower than V. But I have and play with V, ALC and Innerforce zlf. 

Carbon blade lacks top gear but not wood? That is funny. You mean 5W+ Carbon has less top gear than the same 5W. So Ma Lin carbon is has less top gear than Ma Lin regular version. Also as Acoustic carbon is slower than normal Acoustic. Primoc Carbon and ..........Shocked

All pro has self power for sure. But find the FZD.'s interview and read yourself. He believes he lost some power but gain quality of his balls from using pure wood instead of composite.

come on..

aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2014 at 2:04am
Go ask Liang. His answer might wake you up.

Edited by aroonkl - 03/26/2014 at 3:32am
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2014 at 2:23am

well, obvious wood more easy to bend than carbon, right? carbon blade faster when ball just kick in the carbon layer but after that the change is small. Let say you put 70% of your power, you will get 80 speed on carbon and 70 on wood. but if you put 90% of your power the effect might be something like 90 on carbon 95 on wood.

Good explanation. Unfortunately most 2-nd-ply composite blades lack feel and top-gear power. They even create the impression of hollow powerlessness when hitting hard.
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2014 at 5:28am
I manage to get 92.97 gr and 94 gr ( with plastic sticker ) The sticker it self is about 2 gr.
So real weight is 90 and 92 gr.
This blade can be slow or fast because this is all wood blade, it depends on the weight.
I have tried 88 gr and 92 gr DHS 506, the 88 gr is softer and slower.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

typn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote typn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2014 at 6:01am
is there a "pro" version of this blade (with silver stamp like this)?

Blade -- DHS Long V
FH -- DHS H3
BH -- DHS TG3-60
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2014 at 7:33am
The silver sticker is China domestic market version...

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic