Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adidas Hypertouch Blade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
PXiao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2013 at 8:30am
Looks great!
Sponsored Links

BarryB View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarryB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2013 at 5:21am
I wonder if it would be even better if they have used limba as outer ply instead of koto. Do you know how it compares to blades like the ZLF (Timo Boll or Innerforce)?

Still looking for a new blade. The Avenger 5 I bought was not the right thing. Being used to limba the walnut proved to be to hard to get used to. FH was do-able but BH with attacking long pips was going nowhere. Guess I should stick with a soft feel blade with some flex (and still some speed). Hypertouch could be an interesting option, although the ZLF versions do to. Too bad I can't test them all before buying one. They are not exactly cheap. 
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2013 at 11:01am
i would say its like a timo boll alc but has a softer feel but seems a little faster. i understand teh feeling of goign to a walnut blade from a limba, its very stiff and you need to adjust. if you want something faster try the adidas radix impress. has a hinoki outer ply and is a bit faster
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
BarryB View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarryB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2013 at 1:32pm
You've tested it with Tenzone ultra which is medium hard. How would this blade match with rubbers that are a little softer than the ultra (e.g Baracuda) or a little harder (e.g Vega pro)??

Think the ultra is a nice rubber with good control and a fair amount of spin but I found it not dangerous. My training partner had not much problems blocking my spinballs.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2013 at 8:16pm
i would go with a harder rubber. in fact i think medium to hard rubbers are built for the hypertouch. the soft feeling of the blade is much suited with the rubber like vega pro, omega pro, tenzone and tenzone sf or the evolution series
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2013 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

im just curious though if the wood "tanne" and "spruce" are the same wood with different names or they come from the same family of trees. sometimes the tanne layer looks like a spruce wood

A "Tanne" in German is a fir, "Fichte" is spruce. Both belong to the family of pines (Pinaceae), that's why the woods look the same. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if they were actually the same woods: there are several species of spruces commonly called "Tanne" in German.

Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
dabeda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2013 at 2:31pm

i would go with a harder rubber. in fact i think medium to hard rubbers are built for the hypertouch. the soft feeling of the blade is much suited with the rubber like vega pro, omega pro, tenzone and tenzone sf or the evolution series
how about Hypertouch with P5 or P7 Forehand and P3 Backhand  ?

Edited by dabeda - 07/20/2013 at 2:34pm
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2013 at 6:07pm
Try the new Donic bluefire JP 01, tried it briefly attached with the new blue contact glue. Nice rubber about medium+. Quite different from the original bluefire series in feel.
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2013 at 12:01am
Originally posted by dabeda dabeda wrote:

how about Hypertouch with P5 or P7 Forehand and P3 Backhand  ?

P5, p7 for fh is great, p3 is ok bh only

Trice View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2014 at 8:55pm
mhh.. i'd like to catch that topic up again :)

@yogi_bear: did you have any trouble while blocking with the hypertouch? some people report issues.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2014 at 1:07am
trice, not really. i find the hypertouch softer than the alc so it was easier for me to block. the hypertouch need to be paired with a medium or medium hard rubber though because using medium soft or soft rubbers on it feels kinda slow and mushy

ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2014 at 3:46am
for me blocking with the Hypertouch is not an issue but if you are used to TB ALC blades it's different because it's softer and more flexible. So depending on how you hit the ball it has more control but it can also be bouncier and more difficult to control. As yogi_bear suggests it the HT pairs really well with medium or medium hard rubbers. 
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
zhijie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zhijie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2014 at 7:42am

trice, not really. i find the hypertouch softer than the alc so it was easier for me to block. the hypertouch need to be paired with a medium or medium hard rubber though because using medium soft or soft rubbers on it feels kinda slow and mushy

+1

Trice View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2014 at 8:40am
alrighty,thanks a lot! :)
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2015 at 2:43am
I bought one from tt-japan. Interesting though, the 3rd and 5th plies (the ones next to the core) do not look the ones shown in yogi's photos. They absolutely look like spruce.. Any ideas? Adidas changed the composition_?

Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2015 at 4:53am
How do you like the blade? Can you share your short review?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2015 at 6:25am
Will do when I try it :). Just arrived.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2015 at 1:39am
Speaquinox - have you played enough with the blade? :)
vivan4tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivan4tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2015 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by speaquinox speaquinox wrote:

I bought one from tt-japan. Interesting though, the 3rd and 5th plies (the ones next to the core) do not look the ones shown in yogi's photos. They absolutely look like spruce.. Any ideas? Adidas changed the composition_?

I don't see the typical red RX carbon also. Hypertouch formula changed ????
Mizutani sZLC / T05fx / T05fx
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2015 at 6:39pm
Adidas Product guys told me that they did not change anything and my blade is ok. I also found some official product photos looking just like mine.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2015 at 12:58am
Originally posted by speaquinox speaquinox wrote:

Adidas Product guys told me that they did not change anything and my blade is ok. I also found some official product photos looking just like mine.

How do you like it so far?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2015 at 4:20am
I like it. Touch faster than my zjk alc, but touch softer as well. Similiar dwell. A bit different feel. I have no problems playing with either of them. They suit similiar style of play.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2015 at 5:54am
speaq, we have 2 different hypertouch blades

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2015 at 6:12am
Really? How so?
I contacted Adidas on Fb. They said they didn't change anything.

So here's my blade;

And this is official product photos I found on megaspin website;
Pic 1
Pic 2

The striped 3rd and 5th plies look similiar.

Edited by speaquinox - 07/03/2015 at 6:15am
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2015 at 6:21am
I've owned 5 of these and they've all had the stripey spruce layer. And they've all been awesome.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2015 at 6:32am
5 ? LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2015 at 6:35am

speaq, we have 2 different hypertouch blades

What are the differences of these 2 Hypertouch?
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2015 at 6:36am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

I've owned 5 of these and they've all had the stripey spruce layer. And they've all been awesome.

Geek
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2015 at 6:37am
Yeah. I'm a big fan, but my wife isn't...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2015 at 6:56am
Andy - do you think it goes well with Chinese rubbers such as TG2/3 Neo on forehand? If you have tried the Avenger Carbon, how does it compare to that blade?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic