Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adidas Hypertouch Blade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2015 at 8:04am
Originally posted by Machine_Head Machine_Head wrote:

Andy - do you think it goes well with Chinese rubbers such as TG2/3 Neo on forehand? If you have tried the Avenger Carbon, how does it compare to that blade?

It's good with chinese rubber!  The feel is oddly soft for a koto top, but the results are good.  You get a super-smooth feel with H3N, for example.  And the hypertouch has a bit of bounce to it which helps with hard, chinese sponges IMO.  I liked it a lot.

I did have an Avenger Carbon for a bit.  It was slower, slightly harder, throws a bit lower than the hypertouch, but had a more woody feel.  The rx-carbon in the hypertouch does give a slightly artificial feel, probably where the odd sense of softness comes from.
Sponsored Links

speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2015 at 8:57am
Somehow i feel this blade will be very good with MX-S.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2015 at 12:42pm
Thanks for the feedback Andy. Cant wait to get this blade later this year.
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2015 at 1:38am
Don't wait............, get it now Big smile
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2015 at 12:03am
Originally posted by Snakefish Snakefish wrote:

Wish i can, but i just got an Avenget Carbon a few weeks ago. :)
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2015 at 12:10am

Do you have one for sale?
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2015 at 12:32am
Originally posted by jrscatman jrscatman wrote:

This is not a cheap blade. I remember you were eyeballing one. But you're a chopper, no ?
This blade is on my recommended list as long as you can afford it and it fits your game style
Andro Treiber Z - fl
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2015 at 6:00am
tt-japan have their 7% sale on at the moment, making the hypertouch $83.
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2015 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

tt-japan have their 7% sale on at the moment, making the hypertouch $83.

That's a really good deal.
Andro Treiber Z - fl
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2015 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by jrscatman jrscatman wrote:

and one for me :)
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2015 at 10:01am
I actually miss the soft feel of this blade. Maybe ill get one again.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2015 at 10:27am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

The "touch" of this blade is really that "hyper" good? :)

Do you find it lacking in speed?
42andbackpains View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2015 at 11:35am
i actually played with this blade and still own it. 

1. Off or Off minus blade with very good control
2. Feels better on the backhand due to the soft control feel you get from the blade.
3. Due to the soft feeling, the forehand side does not feel as powerful compared to my clipper cc or clipper oversize. Great for looping and controlled offense. But dont expect the powerful punch you get from off plus blades.

Just my 2 cents Smile
Mind is willing, but the back goes out too often :P
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
FH Dianchi D w/ Secret Sauce
BH Butterfly T05 Red
USATT rating keeps going down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2015 at 12:32pm
Thank you for your feedback 42. But i am getting conflicting reports about the speed of this blade. Some say it is in the middle of OFF while others say OFF minus. I am planning to uograde to a bit faster blade. If the speed is not much faster than my current blade (Avenger Carbon), i might have to go with something else.
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2015 at 12:41pm
From personal experience, Hypertouch feels harder and a bit faster than both Viscaria and Vega Pro. It is definitely OFF, not OFF- at all.
Bran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2015 at 1:06pm
Softer and faster than the Viscaria I had. Also much more flexible, and quite numb. Mine weighs 86g.
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2015 at 1:12pm
Funny how personal experiences of same equipment can vary :-) The stiffest blade I have ever played must be Xiom V1, and the flexiest (I still play with) is Calix. IMHO, Viscaria and Hypertouch are way closer to V1 than to Calix in terms of stiffness/lack of flex.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2015 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Bran Bran wrote:

Softer and faster than the Viscaria I had. Also much more flexible, and quite numb. Mine weighs 86g.

When you say numb do you mean it doesn't have a good feel? It does not vibrate upon impact of the ball?
Bran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2015 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by vvk1 vvk1 wrote:

Funny how personal experiences of same equipment can vary :-) The stiffest blade I have ever played must be Xiom V1, and the flexiest (I still play with) is Calix. IMHO, Viscaria and Hypertouch are way closer to V1 than to Calix in terms of stiffness/lack of flex.

Yep, it can vary. Sometimes people also use the same term to describe different things. Soft for me means no clicky feedback when I hit the ball. Also I didn't mean to contradict you, I commented without thinking.

I expected I'd really like the Hypertouch after the Viscaria, after all they're both koto + fiber-carbone. But I didn't, I couldn't get my timing right, and since I could play right away with the Rossi Emotion, I never bothered adapting.

Machine_Head, yes, I mean it doesn't vibrate much. Numb is a little derogatory, I didn't like the absence of feedback, but it's very personal.

The additional flex (I felt) makes you feel the ball bite quite hard into it. I didn't take the time to get used to it, but I think it's a good blade.
42andbackpains View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2015 at 3:40pm
Too add to my point. My Adidas Hypertouch is around 80grams. So a very light version of the the Hypertouch. I suspect a heavier weighted Hypertouch would provide more oomph to the blade. My all wood Clipper Oversize is around 96 grams and it is heavy, but does provide alot of crispy offensive power and comparable to a offensive carbon blade.
Mind is willing, but the back goes out too often :P
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
FH Dianchi D w/ Secret Sauce
BH Butterfly T05 Red
USATT rating keeps going down
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2015 at 7:08pm

Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

The "touch" of this blade is really that "hyper" good? :)

Do you find it lacking in speed?

No it's fast enough especially if you put tensor rubbers.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

vajica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vajica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2015 at 7:26pm
I played with Boll Spirit (86g), and currently play with Hypertouch (82g).
HT is waaaaay softer, but the speed is certainly there, maybe even a bit more! So, no way it is a OFF- blade.

I just adore the way you can do loops with it, hitters should better stay away IMO.
In fact, something with 20% less speed, but with the same feeling would be my dream blade :)
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2015 at 3:44am
My experience; HT is touch faster than my ZJK ALC. Also it is softer.
Rossio Emo, ZJK ALC and HT are my alltime favorites. Soft, loopy, controllable and decent speed.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2015 at 2:22pm

Thank you for your feedback 42. But i am getting conflicting reports about the speed of this blade. Some say it is in the middle of OFF while others say OFF minus. I am planning to uograde to a bit faster blade. If the speed is not much faster than my current blade (Avenger Carbon), i might have to go with something else.

I agree with what VVK1 said about his experience with HT

Machine Head, it's weird how there are different reports. I wouldn't think there's quality issues even though Adidas blades are made in China. I chalk it up to the different rubbers we have used on Hypertouch.

For example, I use Rakza7 soft on my backhand & I get way above average speed & spin. BH loops are spinny and fast. BH blocks I have to adjust depending on loop drives coming at me. But my WSC blocks are so easy - no adjustments required
Andro Treiber Z - fl

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2015 at 9:28pm

Machine Head, it's weird how there are different reports. I wouldn't think there's quality issues even though Adidas blades are made in China. I chalk it up to the different rubbers we have used on Hypertouch.

For example, I use Rakza7 soft on my backhand & I get way above average speed & spin. BH loops are spinny and fast. BH blocks I have to adjust depending on loop drives coming at me. But my WSC blocks are so easy - no adjustments required

Snakefish, what other rubbers have you tried that seem to work well on your HT?

Thanks.
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2015 at 9:31am
I really enjoy medium hard rubbers on hypertouch. Bluefire M2,JP02 or Vega Japan.

In terms of speed it really has different gears, that's why it is not easy to judge but overall I would rate it as medium range of off.
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2015 at 9:35am
The beauty of the hypertouch is that it has off to off+ speed but the control is that of an off- blade

vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2015 at 10:14am
DHS H3 Neo and Tibhar 5Q (VIP and power update) work quite nicely on the HT.
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2015 at 2:14am

Snakefish, what other rubbers have you tried that seem to work well on your HT?

Thanks.

Only Aurus 2.1 on FH and Rakza7 soft on BH.  I lucked out as this is a very good fit for me.
It will be a few months before I change to try something different
Andro Treiber Z - fl
vajica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vajica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2015 at 10:05am
I tried it with P7, Rakza 7 Soft, DHS H3 Neo, even with classics, it goes surprisingly well with anything, and I think it is so because it is very soft for a koto blade, so it uses the best of the both worlds :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic