Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My couple of Timo Boll Tricarbon ST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My couple of Timo Boll Tricarbon ST
    Posted: 04/03/2013 at 9:41am
I was looking for this model, in old version and ST handle and finally i got it!
One of them is 87 grs and is unused. The other one is 92 grs and used 2 times (i think it is sealed and that´s the reason of it darker colour).
Thickness: 7,5 mm ClapShocked
I hope you enjoy the pics of thehe siamese blades.

Edited by Antuan - 04/03/2013 at 10:37am
Sponsored Links

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2013 at 9:46am
nothing special about them, I personally won't song & dance about them a bit to be honest & they're as fast as hell & more importantly this model is not "Made in Japan". Sorry to rain on your parade. Big smile

Edited by tiehwen - 04/03/2013 at 9:48am
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2013 at 9:51am
No problem tiehwen. I don´t mind if they are not made in Japan. They remain attractive Wink
My parade is very dry and sunny, don´t worry LOL
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2013 at 10:33am
Geez, Tiewhen, you're such a Debbie Downer. Wink

I think they look great. I personally like the look of the newer version better, but that's obviously just a matter of personal taste. The TriCarbon is a horrible and borderline useless blade, however, but it looks great in my opinion as well. I hope to see pictures of your entire collection at some point, Antuan. Smile

Edited by Pondus - 04/03/2013 at 10:34am
loop+loop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loop+loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2013 at 10:36am
Yup. Just do what you like. Nice looking blades.
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2013 at 10:36am
Thank you Pondus!
I will create a post with my entire collection soon ;)
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2013 at 10:41am
Nice - is there a version of those blades without the carbon? Not been keeping up with the latest innovations - as my price range is below $60.

I like the look of the blade 
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2013 at 10:43am
Originally posted by jrscatman jrscatman wrote:

Nice - is there a version of those blades without the carbon? Not been keeping up with the latest innovations - as my price range is below $60.

I´d say there is not another version os this blade. Now you can get the new version but it has 3 layers or carbon too.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2013 at 11:54am
I owned at least 2 tricarbon and I could never make them work even if I could always play ok with, for example, schlager and sardius.
Your pictures are awesome and i think you could trick me into buying another tricarbon based on them. They are so good looking!!!
bogeyhunter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2013 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I owned at least 2 tricarbon and I could never make them work even if I could always play ok with, for example, schlager and sardius.

IMO, Tricarbon is the worst blade by BTY in last few years.
It's easy to make a fast blade by making it's very hard and very heavy but it fits very few players. Most will hate it.
Similar to H King.

Edited by bogeyhunter - 04/03/2013 at 12:12pm
www.NexyUSA.com
We also carries Sauer & Tröger.
Lissom O+EASY P 1mm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_65FLO2Lneo
https://youtu.be/YgYFPJCBCr0
https://youtu.be/NeHp789Lb1c
https://youtu.be/_65FLO2Lneo
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2013 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by bogeyhunter bogeyhunter wrote:

Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

IMO, Tricarbon is the worst blade by BTY in last few years.
It's easy to make a fast blade by making it's very hard and very heavy but it fits very few players. Most will hate it.
Similar to H King.

+1

Sorry dude, but IMO, one of the crappies&worst craftmanship  ever seen by Butterfly. Though it´s barnished you´ll get splinters out once you peel of the rubber a couple of times and poor plys glueing 

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2013 at 1:58pm

If i were you i´d stay away from any TB regular series. Only Primorac Off- worths a try. Any Stiga/Thibar/Yin-he or whatever is better "affordable series" of TB.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2013 at 2:06pm
Nice paddles Antuan.  I have owned a few Boll Tricarbon blades before.  Each time I get rid of one, I regret it.  Although the blade is not as versatile as the other BTY composite blades, they are fun to block and drive with. 

I also want to see your collection like what Pondus said  :)
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2013 at 6:24pm
Thank you my friends!
I have tried the blade 4 hours ago and i can say that it is a very stiff, thick (7,5 mm) and fast blade. Better for hitting and blocking than looping. You must close the angle of your hand in topspin.
In short game it is better than i thought. But it is difficult to make short serves.
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2013 at 8:52pm

Yep. It would be called TB Triwood  Wink
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2013 at 8:56pm
I have one of these also - the latest generation. Glad they don't makem anymore.

No kidding this is a stiffy. Two years I used Donic Coppa X2 soft platin on the backhand & it was still too damn hard.

Has anyone tried short pips with this blade ?
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2013 at 9:18pm
yeah ive tried them and it didnt work for me, or maybe im just a low level player because it workrd better on 1 of our club ember who is more experienced and ranks alot higher than me
Viscaria

FH: Tenergy 05 black

BH: Tenergy 05 red

mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2013 at 9:19pm
nice pics tho.. really eye catching
Viscaria

FH: Tenergy 05 black

BH: Tenergy 05 red

100niTenis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100niTenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2016 at 12:00am
Let me know when you want to sell them 😊
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2016 at 3:09am
87 gms for a tricarbon is light
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2016 at 3:51am
Definitely they´re not on the average, these are quite light. One friend has it on 98gr... i tried briefly for a few minutes. No feeling at all and crazy speedy,  i discarded it inmediatly.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2016 at 4:25am
Oh... The "Marmite" TB Tricarbon...

Nice pics. . It's a good looking blade...

It's fashionable to diss it, but it doesn't play that fast though it is quite stiff...

Some play well and some play clumsy, depending on weight and balance...

Used to have two and sold one to a friend returning to the game; he plays quite well with it...

Turns heads with a hell of a Thock! sound when beating FH ball drills...

Enjoy!

Edited by CraneStyle - 12/03/2016 at 4:30am
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2016 at 7:55am
I fear Antuan sold these blades...a long time ago.
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2016 at 4:14pm
Yes, i sold them but i have got a Tricarbon some days ago. I like this blade 😄
100niTenis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100niTenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2016 at 4:05pm
I want to find Iolite Neo and Gergely Tamca for myself. I also love the look of Tricarbon blade :)
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2016 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by 100niTenis 100niTenis wrote:

I want to find Iolite Neo and Gergely Tamca for myself. I also love the look of Tricarbon blade :)
I decided not to sell my Iolite Neo SI and keep it for my collection. It was very hard for me to get this blade. I had to import it from Japan paying custom taxes.
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2018 at 8:20pm
nice, that reminds me...i should still have a new one in ST handle somewhere in my garage
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
JoolaDancer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoolaDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2018 at 10:03pm
Tri Carbon is one of my favorite blades. I have the newer version, modified to remove weight from the handle. Plus it looks great.
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2018 at 5:20am
Originally posted by JoolaDancer JoolaDancer wrote:

Tri Carbon is one of my favorite blades. I have the newer version, modified to remove weight from the handle. Plus it looks great.
Which rubbers do you use?
JoolaDancer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoolaDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2018 at 8:54am
I use Tenergy 05 on my FH, currently I'm using Nittaku Refoma on my BH. I removed the 2 logos on the handle then shaped it to remove the left over indentations.

Edited by JoolaDancer - 03/11/2018 at 9:21am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic