Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nexy Peterpan review thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
dashmista View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dashmista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2013 at 6:29pm
My review on the Peterpan:

Often times when I find myself looking for a blade, some key factors that I always look to evaluate first are how much flex and dwell time the blade has (aka how "loopy" is the blade) and how much stability the blade has (aka does it seem like the ball flies off your paddle, exaggerating the path of your original target, or does it come off like a laser beam with 100% accuracy). 

When testing the Peterpan, these were the first things that I payed attention to. My findings were that this was the "laser beam" type of blade with 100% accuracy. That isn't to say that it doesn't loop well, but it is not that *pure loopers* blade like the Timo Boll ZLF for example (a blade that produces so much arc on loops that it makes you think you are using a 38 mm ball).

I personally love flexy blades that compliment my largely looping-based game, and the Peterpan is by no means a "flexy" looping blade. Often in the equipment world you must trade one attribute for another, and the Peterpan definitely trades dwell time for the ability to hit devastatingly fast, linear shots with accuracy. This is a FAST blade, perhaps slightly faster than the Stiga Clipper (a blade that I think is very similar to the Peter Pan).

However, compared to other true "laser beam" blades that I have tested, such as the Gergely (my favorite in this class for a long time), this is an all wood blade that gives you that woody feel. It doesn't have tons of unnecessary vibration, but you will definitely feel when you have hit the sweet spot and when you haven't (something that is mentioned as lacking when critics talk about carbon blades).

Bottom line: Fast, yet super controllable due to the short rebound time and laser beam accuracy. Not a "die-hard looper's blade". I recommend this for flat hitters who want maximum speed and accuracy, close-table counter-attackers that want to redirect the ball quickly and win by cutting off their opponent's time, and Jiaqi Zheng (classic short pip on the FH hitter) ;-).

Edited by dashmista - 04/26/2013 at 6:49pm
Table Tennis Equipment Review FB EJ4LYFE at powerpingpong.com for
Sponsored Links

ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2013 at 6:36pm
can anybody who tested the Peterpan compare it to other fast burned wood blades? like Donic Burn Off, Andro Temper Tech off/Off+, Nittaku Flame, Joola Flame Fast/Extreme, TSP Phoenix Fire off, TSP Flature off/off+...
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
weestenosis View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weestenosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2013 at 12:56am
Just received my peterpan and sealed it rigth away.... Here is the chinese penholg 86g before sealing...

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w424/weestenosis/8895991A-C1BF-40D4-8330-CD978E214751-59126-0000030EAA2A4BED_zpsba1a742a.mp4

Will review this soon as i glue the rubbers....

Edited by weestenosis - 04/27/2013 at 12:58am
Butterfly Amultart cpen

My Feedback
dashmista View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dashmista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2013 at 1:15am
Let me know what you think, Weesten.
Table Tennis Equipment Review FB EJ4LYFE at powerpingpong.com for
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weestenosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2013 at 10:13pm
Using my old and used rasant max FH and very old and beat up T64 BH, drill with my partner about 2hrs, i found that this peterpan blade is OFF. Combination of rasant and this blade, blocking is not a problem at all. The ball will bounce back to the other side of the table. I felt very little vibration though. I tried looping forehand, found out with this combination, the ball bounce low. Speed is fast in small stroke. This is in close table loop. I notice of great control during loop. I also tried backhand loop, and i got the shot with good control. I am not a good backhand looper like Wang Hao that the wrist is in extreme flexion. My style is neutral wrist position. Backhand with side spin which i imitate the shakehand like stroke (balde pointing upward) and i can control the ball. First time doing the stroke and i got it under my control. i remember my photino was not as fast as this all wood blade with same control.
This blade has burnt wood central core. Which is half bake carbon. If you know, when u are going to burn the wood totally, the wood will turn charcoal, and charcoal is a form of carbon. So wood (soft material) becomes carbon (hard material). Outer layer is limba which is good wood for loop and control, as limba has good dwell....as the limba hugs the ball good before the ball bounce back. Burnt ayous as described in the description of Peterpan at nexy.com website gives good spin. This blade composition with fresh limba and burnt ayous and center core has good speed with good control. Unlike most of blades, either great speed with poor control or great control with slow speed.   
I will review more next time when i go to my local club and try out mid distance loop for speed and control. Also i will do underspin serve. I will also ask some member of my local club who use chinese penhold to try it on as well...
Thanks to nexy for making this Peterpan as one of great blade for both control and speed. For those who like close to the table style of game, peterpan is highly recomended....
Butterfly Amultart cpen

My Feedback
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2013 at 10:47pm
awww.. damn.. i would have liked to do a Cpen review of this
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weestenosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2013 at 11:40pm
All the tester of this peterpan blade have common findings: OFF type blade, stiff and great in speed, good to great for blocking, looping is easy with good power/speed, low arc throw, very easy to control for an OFF type blade, good mostly for close table game style, good spin for service. I am one of nexy clan from now on.
Butterfly Amultart cpen

My Feedback
PingPongHolic10 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2013 at 10:28am

review updated from my original post.

Thanks Nexy! Arg0! and MYTT Thumbs Up
My FS/FT

Member of Yinhe,OSP & Nexy Clan
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2013 at 10:34am
It's a great blade, and was a big surprise to me. I usually prefer to play with carbon blades, but this has made me think again. I've ordered a second one...
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2013 at 2:05am
Started my own review and comparison and updated the 2nd post.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2013 at 12:37pm
This review thread lacks deeper insight.
To be valuable the blade has to be compared face to face same time match playing against well known blades.
To say good speed with good control helps little.
There is a bunch of blades to play.
What it would be interesting is to know how the burning makes the blade about feeling.
In general burning is good to still have wood feeling but anyway some feeling is lost.
There is no other way to appreciate details as taking time and make a comparison at the same time with other blades.
It requires time and references to review.
Otherwise it is just the same story all the time: 'Very good blade. Thank you Nexy. etc, ...

EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2013 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

To be valuable the blade has to be compared face to face same time match playing against well known blades.
What it would be interesting is to know how the burning makes the blade about feeling.
In general burning is good to still have wood feeling but anyway some feeling is lost.
There is no other way to appreciate details as taking time and make a comparison at the same time with other blades.
Otherwise it is just the same story all the time: 'Very good blade. Thank you Nexy. etc, ...

+1

That's why I asked earlier:

"can anybody who tested the Peterpan compare it to other fast burned wood blades? like Donic Burn Off, Andro Temper Tech off/Off+, Nittaku Flame, Joola Flame Fast/Extreme, TSP Phoenix Fire off, TSP Flature off/off+..."
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2013 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

good review arg0. good comparison to latika and virtuoso. Thumbs Up
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2013 at 7:01pm

good review arg0. good comparison to latika and virtuoso. Thumbs Up

Hey, thanks. Actually, today I compared it to Spartacus, and Peterpan won quite clearly. It just fits in with my game and my rubbers. Seems that carbon and hinoki are not in my favourites list, I should have learned this by now. Btw, in my review, I need to specify the rubbers I've used.
Now that I've decided Peterpan might become my next blade, I plan to compare it to some more famous other blades I love, like Acoustic and Violin.
I'm not unconditionally positive to Nexy: if Violin had a different handle, maybe I would have stopped EJing 3 years ago...

Edited by arg0 - 05/03/2013 at 7:11pm
Join the Nexy Clan!
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2013 at 9:33pm
QUOTE=ejmaster

I would agree some with that, though in general this website forum lacks insight compared to what it used to have in past years.  It sure seems there is much less activity from past members that used to be able to give us their opinions and experiences from having knowledge and hands on of many blades and rubbers. 

Tied into your prior statement, see my past statement as well as now there are so many new blades in the past couple years it is hard to find someone that has the time and ability to write about it here.

True, it's just a general statement but also lets people know the blade is not a "pass" as far as wanting to use it. "It has potential" is how i would take this statement.

Yes, hundreds and hundreds.....but how many with simular construction and materials used?
Which blades could you select to compare the Peterpan with?

My opinion from only briefly using the Donic Burn All+, the dried/burned wood feels much less dead with it on the core or under the 2nd ply at least.  Even though the Burn ALL blade felt like a ALL+ to OFF- to me, it was very dull and dead feeling, not at all crisp and lively like the Peterpan.  I wish I would have had some experience with the Burn OFF- instead to compare.  I had only used the Burn ALL+ for maybe 1 to 2 hours as it was not for me. 

Yes I agree with that, but putting the burnt wood in the core helps minimize the feeling loss and allows the ability to use limba or other wood on top plys to create a good feel/dwell/spin capabilities it seems.
I equate this also to using the composite fibers below 2nd plys as well.  I like the feel of the Spartacus and also the Innerforce ZLF because of this type of ply structuring.

Yes very true as well, but how many here that are active have the ability to do this and the time to accomplish such a detailed comparison?    It would of been nice to see you get one of these blades to review as well ejmaster.

See my above statement.

I dont think so from what is posted so far.  Give it more time as most have not really had that much time testing the blade yet.  Like me, I only get to play on average 1 day a week and I do not have that many opponents to play that I would want to test a blade with.  I wish I had access to a full time club with hundreds of members.......I envy those that have this. 

Edited by Rich215 - 05/04/2013 at 12:35pm
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2013 at 1:30am
Thank you Rich215. Agreed on every answer you posted. Useful and valuable post.
So it seems the Peterpan feels more lively than Donic burn series and with better feeling.
EJ Club.

thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2013 at 4:10am
I think the reviews are fine so far.
Not all of the target readers are EJs who know every blades and wants to know every detailed comparisons. Most are not and is satisfied with a general impression of what it can do.
For a few who own many blades and wants to know more about a Nexy blade maybe they should buy the blade.
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2013 at 8:18am

Thank you Rich215. Agreed on every answer you posted. Useful and valuable post.

So it seems the Peterpan feels more lively than Donic burn series and with better feeling.

According to what I have heard about the speed of Peter Pan so far I think the only interesting comparison with Burn series would be with Burn off. No wonder that the Peter Pan (an off blade) is more lively than Burn all+ (an all+ blade). You could almost make the same comparison between every off and all+ blade. 

Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2013 at 12:57pm

Hey, thanks. Actually, today I compared it to Spartacus, and Peterpan won quite clearly. It just fits in with my game and my rubbers. Seems that carbon and hinoki are not in my favourites list, I should have learned this by now. Btw, in my review, I need to specify the rubbers I've used.
Now that I've decided Peterpan might become my next blade, I plan to compare it to some more famous other blades I love, like Acoustic and Violin.
I'm not unconditionally positive to Nexy: if Violin had a different handle, maybe I would have stopped EJing 3 years ago...

I find this very interesting and it also tells me that arg0 and I like very different blades....Wink   Weither our playing style/ability are greatly different or not....this just shows that everyone has different likes in blades or rubbers.  For me, I did not like the Lissom at all after finally getting to try it.  It was the direct opposite feel and response of what I like in a blade.  The Spartacus was everything I was looking for in a blade.  

I think if you can adapt and get used to the speed difference of the Peterpan compared to the Lissom, it could be a possible replacement for you.....maybe.  I would of thought that the OSP Virtuoso might be closer to what you like arg0. 

I must admit, there is something inviting about the Peterpan.  I have put some Yasaka AD max (soft sponge version of Mark V) on the FH and left the Adidas test rubber max (Ultra) on the back hand side.  This setup is about 5 or 6 grams lighter than when I had the Palio Marco Era 47.5 degree 2.0 on FH.  So with a non-tensor that was much slower, softer, and had more dwell.....the total setup responded much better and the Peterpan did not feel so fast.  What it lost in speed it more than made up for in control, but more importantly the blade became much more balanced and I started to like the feel and response of the Adidas test rubber.  As I have mentioned about the Adidas test rubber.....it does not at all feel like a normal tensor that has that bouncy rebounding reaction. 

So with these 2 rubbers now on the Peterpan, I feel it is no more than a OFF- setup that is highly balanced at a weight of 173g.  When I had the last setup with the Macro Era, it was almost 180g. 

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2013 at 6:20pm
@Rich215: Indeed, different players prefer different blades, otherwise there wouldn't be that many on the market. Not to speak about the changes that a different set of rubbers can bring.

A few words on Peterpan vs Spartacus.

First of all, a big public thanks AndySmth for allowing me to test his Spartacus!

Spartacus vibrates less than Peterpan, and it felt a bit muted to me, less lively. I found it rather difficult to adjust power in passive shots: more often that not, although I thought I made a good return, the ball landed in the net. Nothing one could not adjust to, though, just different than I expected and I'm used to.
Besides that, Spartacus is slower than Peterpan, bounce is lower and it's less linear (or, to say it with a positive statement, it has more gears).

I made the comparison with XIOM Vega Pro on FH and Nittaku Hi Super Drive on BH.

Join the Nexy Clan!
gatorling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatorling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2013 at 11:36am
Is anyone able to comment on how the PeterPan would match up against Galaxy W6?
Right now I'm using Rakza 7 on FH and BH but will probably switch FH 
Back to Vega China
Evo MX-P
1Q-XD

Coach is definitely teaching me to use a more traditional Chinese FH where you always..ALWAYS go forward. Even for attacking chops - so I think I will benefit more from a harder FH rubber and so Rakza 7 might be too soft for my style.
Forehand: Hurricane 3 Provincial #20 sponge
Backhand: Rakza 7 Max
Blade:    Xiom Aria
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2013 at 12:35pm
gatorling,     The Peterpan is much different than the W6.  

Peterpan is stiffer, more solid feeling, has bigger sweet spot......MUCH FASTER and more crisp feeling when contacting the ball.  W6 has a higher throw also because of its flex. 

I would say it could be a very good upgrade to the W6.  Peterpan's tend to be slightly lighter in weight as well.....probably 5-7g. less on average.  I also think the handles are better on the Peterpan because you can get a ST and I never liked the W6 FL handle with the narrow top section. 

I would think the Rakza 7 would respond much differently on the Peterpan compared to the W6, probably to your liking.  

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2013 at 8:40pm
Tested my Peter Pan blade for 2 days and got to review it.

Rubbers used: dawei inspirit quattro, dawei 2008 and adidas tenzone ultra
blade weight: 86 grams

at first inspection, the peter pan is another quality blade from Nexy. the production finish is quite good and it doesn't have any rough edges. the design is very simple but in a way elegant to look at. the blade is pretty balanced. when i placed 2 chinese rubbers on it, it didn't feel head heavy at all. 

i would say its somewhere between off- and all+ in terms of speed. its faster than an offensive classic, more like the speed level of the korbel. the control is top notch since i had great control over fast shots even when im using the tenzone ultra on it. on soft impact strokes likeflicking and drop shots, the peter pan is very easy to handle. on harder shorts like a smash or a drive, the central thick core somewhat adds to the speed of the blade. because of its limba outer plies, the blade has good feel. not much vibration on this one nor its too stiff. i would rate it medium stiff only. 

Looping is the major thing for this blade. either using a chinese rubber or a euro tensor, this blade loops beautifully. when looping with a chinese rubber, i felt some flex on the blade enabling me to graze the ball properly and it produced a medium to high arc on spinny loops. on spin drives and smashes, you need to have a faster rubber to give more speed. the chinese rubbers felt average on spin with the peter pan but is excellent on the amount of spin produced. 

Smashing was average with chinese rubbers. it wasn't too fast. i guess smashing and loop drives are not its main strengths. i would consider this an all around blade though. you can do almost everything with it with ease and control but not too much on speed. spinny pushes are quite cool and low and if you do drop shots its never hard to control because the ball doesn't pop up much even with bouncy rubbers like tenzone ultra. when using chinese rubbers, doing short receives are very easy though.

Due to the blade's nature and speed including the amount of control being offered, i would gladly recommend this to beginners or intermediate players that are looking for  a well balanced blade that emphasizes on control and would like also to spin very well using a not too fast set up. this is also a good blade for all around playing style that depends on various kinds of shots and not just on attacks to score points. 

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2013 at 7:10am
Good review Yogi Bear.

One of the reasons why I've delayed my review on the Peterpan is to give myself more playing time to assess the blade; as it doesn't feel like I'm playing with a Burn Technology blade.

Having said that; here is my review :

Nexy Peterpan

Weight      : 86 grams
Handle      : Straight, with the same dimensions as the Calix straight handle.
Balance     : A well balanced blade, capable of being used with heavier rubbers.
Thickness   : ca. 6.1mm
Blade Face : ca. 151mm x 158mm

Rubbers used for testing to date :

2mm Palio Blitz on both sides; producing a total bat weight of 183 grams
2mm Tibhar Genius on both sides; producing a total bat weight of 186 grams.

Construction :

The Peterpan has a thick Kiri core and Ayous medial plies, both hardened by Burn Technology and topped with normal Limba outer plies.

It's a well built blade, with rounded shoulders and a simpler painted handle design compared to other Nexy blades. The logo on the handle is a flat metal badge, with no mention of the blade's name on it.

Overall Feel:

Whilst the Peterpan does have a Kiri core and Ayous medial plies, hardened by Burn Technology; it's the natural Limba outer plies that help define the feel of this blade and give it a more natural feel, than other Burn Technology blades that I've played with to date.

The Limba outer plies give the Peterpan a feel closer to blades, like the Petr Korbel and Tibhar Stratus Power Wood, than the other Burn Technology blades that I've played with to date; i.e., the Nexy Calix, Calix 2, Qabod and Donic Burn Offensive Minus; all of which have harder outer plies like Mahogany or Walnut in the case of the Qabod..

Short Game:

The Peterpan is good for this part of the game as it has good control. I found it a good blade for doing flick returns and also keeping service returns short.

Dropshots are easy to do with this blade because of its control with tensors and I can imagine it being good at dropshots with Chinese rubber too.

Looping:

Although the Peterpan isn't a flexible 5 ply wooden blade around 5.4mm thick, with the benefit of a catapult effect; like my 1990's Offensive Classic WRB, custom made Nebula Offensive Wood with Walnut outer plies or the OSP Expert; it's still a good looping blade, particualrly for players who prefer looping with a more linear blade; which enables them to load spin onto the ball, by brush looping.

When playing closer to the table; I found brush looping was more effective, than trying to loop drive the ball.

Whilst I can loop drive effectively and consistently with 2mm Tibhar Genius on the Peterpan, both close to the table and at mid distance; I'm not generating as much spin as I can with Hurricane 2 on the OSP Expert or Nebula Offensive Wood, when playing the same shot.

When playing at long distance; the Peterpan's stiffer nature requires you to play full strokes; otherwise the ball can drop into the net.

Smashing / Punching:

Smashing is a strength of the Peterpan when paired with Genius, as the combination makes it easier to hit through spin and return those high spinny returns to the back of the table, that a good defender can play.

Likewise Punching can be very effective, providing you get your blade angle right.

Blocking:

I found it effective at blocking back smashes from mid distance and it was good at returning loops providing you were off the table; however, it was harder to block fast loop drives with heavy spin; off the bounce.

Chopping:

Whilst you can chop closer in; I found it better for chopping at mid distance and I can still generate more backspin and keep the ball lower, with Hurricane 2 on my Nebula Offensive Wood. To be fair to the Peterpan; I suspect I would get better backspin on chops with Hurricane 2 on the blade, rather than Genius.

Conclusion:

Of the Nexy 5 ply wooden blades I've tested to date; I think it's the most versatile and I prefer it's feel compared to the other Nexy Burn Technology blades too.

The one caveat I found was it didn't match up as well with 2mm Blitz for me; as the Nexy Calix, Yasaka Extra, Offensive Classic WRB, Petr Korbel or OSP Virtuoso M; i.e. thinner, more flexible blades than the Peterpan.

Having said that; I like it's performance with 2mm Genius and the way it plays in general.

Like Yogi Bear; the Peterpan is a blade I would happily recommend to players looking for a blade with good control and a linear performance.

Edited by Peter C - 05/10/2013 at 2:16pm
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2013 at 3:44pm
Great reviews. I indexed them all in the second post.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2013 at 11:45pm
updated my review on the first page  Third Play......
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2013 at 5:01am
I haven't had time to play/post much over the last weeks, but I have continued testing Peterpan and comparing it with Lissom. I got to like that Peterpan is slightly crisper and faster than Lissom, as I'm trying to train myself to make shorter movements.
I'm now trying to decide whether to keep Lissom as my main blade or switch to Peterpan.
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2013 at 1:53am
Finally, I've decided to stay with Lissom, as it suits my game better. More on that in my review on page 1, which I have updated by adding in the comparison between Peterpan and Lissom.

I'd like to invite all testers to post their follow-up impressions. Are you still playing with Peterpan? Why (or why not)?
Join the Nexy Clan!
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2013 at 8:48am

Finally, I've decided to stay with Lissom, as it suits my game better. More on that in my review on page 1, which I have updated by adding in the comparison between Peterpan and Lissom.

I'd like to invite all testers to post their follow-up impressions. Are you still playing with Peterpan? Why (or why not)?

You see arg0. At the end and with the time the burnt feeling goes down. It is in the middle missing something. Like burning a part of life.

EJ Club.

Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2013 at 8:54am
arg0

I think the closing comments of your review posted today, sum up why I play regularly with the Peterpan and 2mm Tibhar Genius.

"close to the table, flicks and blocks are sharper with Peterpan; it is also more suited to an aggressive looper that combines spin and speed from mid distance."

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic