Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nexy Peterpan review thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2013 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

Finally, I've decided to stay with Lissom, as it suits my game better. More on that in my review on page 1, which I have updated by adding in the comparison between Peterpan and Lissom.
I'd like to invite all testers to post their follow-up impressions. Are you still playing with Peterpan? Why (or why not)?

You see arg0. At the end and with the time the burnt feeling goes down. It is in the middle missing something. Like burning a part of life.

Nice metaphor, but I think it's rather the opposite: if ever, burned wood has something too much. Burned wood is like hardened steel: it feels smooth and sharp. But I have an allround game and like playing with hard rubbers, so eventually I'm better off with Lissom, which feels like mild steel, softer and a bit rough.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
Sponsored Links

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2013 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Peter C Peter C wrote:

arg0

I think the closing comments of your review posted today, sum up why I play regularly with the Peterpan and 2mm Tibhar Genius.

"close to the table, flicks and blocks are sharper with Peterpan; it is also more suited to an aggressive looper that combines spin and speed from mid distance."

Hey, thanks!
After all, the choice of the ideal blade really mostly depends on playing style.
And on skills, but that goes without saying.

Maybe I should give Peterpan another try when the new poly balls arrive: if the first test reports are true, spin will become less important than speed, with respect to the current situation with celluloid balls. So I may need to adapt my game.
Join the Nexy Clan!
PingPongHolic10 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2013 at 11:03pm
I agree with Peter C's comments.  I'm still using Peterpan as backup to my main blade. 
I feel that the burn core will get softer over time, and the bounciness will go away.  close to table counters are faster than my main setup, but gets a bit jumpy on my BH blocks. 
My FS/FT

Member of Yinhe,OSP & Nexy Clan
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2013 at 6:40am
My Peterpan is my go-to all wood blade now.  I still love using it, although I agree with PingPongHolic10 that it feels overly bouncy on close-range blocks.  I switched BH rubber from Aurus Soft to Bluefire JP-03 and it's really helped in that area.  Great combination - loads of power and spin, bouncy nature tamed somewhat.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2013 at 11:03am
I will agree with you guys on the bouncy deal with close table play.  I will throw on some non-tensors and see what happens.  I have some Mark V 2.0 and will slap them on both sides and keep this in my bag. It will be used on and off for the next several weeks...so I shall see if my opinion changes much after that. 
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2013 at 10:16am
Greeting, from Thailand
I just recently sign up just to review nexy peterpan.
Just receive it today but not a good time to do a full review as being tried after a long trip just to take "Peter Pan" home.

So I'm going to talk on a scrap of my Peter Pan story.

My peterpan was 83g in ST handle
I was shock that I range it 87-90g on the order.
Well,My mistake.The dealer can't contact when he find out that it is not available .
I did not return the call..............So he took 83g for me.

The construction resemble of a tenor but a difference story.
Beautiful craft and I really like the "peter pan" figure on the surface.
Both wings was lightly sand off, very smooth, and seem intentionally sanded off one side just for a grip.

At first grap, The handle is comfortable despite that I did not like the edge I which it could be round as stiga ST or Nexy Color / Dexter ST. 
If you can not imagine the handle is very similar to Tibhar samsonov force pro but much comfortable.

Peter pan is somewhat like a feather in my hand it's a lot lighter than my beloved 95g P-700.
So I took a ball knock and found that it's not loud but a high pitch ping and it seem to be  All+ to Off- like every one said. You have to agree with that, you must !! It's not fast as I expect.
Sweet spot is large 70-75 percent of the surface area which benefits in good feel and control.

Feeling and vibration
One thing I have a very good impression with this blade is that it doesn't vibrate much as a 83g it feel very solid and giving a really good sensation when knocking the ball.

On the way home, I asked my girlfriend to drive and playing with it along the way,
She said, why don't you ask it out for a dinner?.

After a good bath and noodle for dinner,
I assemble Peter Pan with old Hexer HD on both side (Haifu glue).
A bit head heavy, still a good balance.

Sound - It 's not loud at all - muted - not impress.Confused
Very good feel and this blade is holding the ball like mother with a child.
Not mushy I must say it's not mushy at all.
Spin - Clap NEVER doubt this blade on SPIN aspect, freaking spin. Clap
Speed not fast at all all+ - off-.

Inconclusion : SCRAP of peterpan story.

I decided to buy Peter Pan as a reason that I want something faster than P700 but not being a carbon blade. But instead I got myself a bit slower blade with much more spin and too light
The handle doesn't seem to fit my liking but still comfortable I which it 's rounder.
Muted this blade is not loud and speed is not fast as expected, other burn technology blade as Joola Flame fast- Extreme is much way faster from my experience.

And do not take this as "cons" !!
As we-all-are difference in many aspect and personal like.

A fail attempt???? Wacko No !! it's not Wink

This blade doesn't vibrate much as a 5 ply with 83g.Clap
It gives very good control and spin and feeling. I'm sure.
While maintain a balance with speed not being mushy.
The crafting and design is SUPERP attractive !!!! Clap 

This is all I can tell.
Do not take this as a review.
I'm not being 100 percent honest !!! as I don't like less than 87g in weight blade.

There is much to find out about this blade, I will play with it for 2-3 days and be back for a full review.If I like it may be replacement of p700(this buddy is going to rest in a show collection as it been to long used.) If not I will keep it in my blade collections.

I would like to try 90g PP it may be an another story.

Edited by Crowsfeather - 08/03/2013 at 11:05am
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2013 at 6:21pm
Crowsfeather,
welcome to the forum.
Reviews are always subjective, at least to some degree.
The more players report their impressions about a blade, the more information other players will have when choosing a new blade. Every opinion counts.
So, thank you for your review. I'll make a link to it in the first post.

Join the Nexy Clan!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2013 at 9:25am
I'm back (faster than I promised)

Now This time it's the full review.
I took this afternoon to do review. and also let my friends try my peter pan blade.

What do I think ??
At first I took omega IV and Hexer from p700 and put it on PP.
Do some basic stroke on back hand and forehand noticebly weird that I can not use the same stroke.

It was very uncomfortable ,too light for my liking.
I had given up hope for this blade to be the replacement with p700 as it is nothing alike.
So I let  my friend try it as he own samsonov force pro.
I must said PP is very similar with samsonov force pro but not the same I will discuss it later.
My friend can play with it and said it is not slow as you thought

You have to dig the ball into the core get enought speed........ hit it hard to the core.

Speed : In term of speed the previous reviewers said a pace faster than 5ply a bit slower than 7 ply it is actually true I have to agree. Fast smash stroke is very precise but not lethal. Top spin stroke is quite fast , not really good with brush loop or slow stroke or really short-dwelling fast stroke as it goes to the net. You have to dig the ball in to get enought speed.
It is agreeable that speed is close to acoustic not fast as tenor. Faster than samsonov forcepro.

Arc and throw : On reviewer said that it is laser beam with 100 percent accuracy. I'm not sure that I understand the same thing or maybe not?
In my idea the "laser-beam" is that this blade has a low throw on drive top-spin stroke but going a long projectile and dig down seem like it is being flat but spinny. On top spin stroke or brush loop it's still low but a bit curve up with decent spin and placement.
My P700 has higher throw on the same rubber.

Spin and serving : In short.....very GOOD-that is all I have to said.

Short game : Flicking and short ball placement is perfect.  Very precise placement.

Blocking : One think I notice on blocking as I do it much on my playing.
On active blocking (I really drill this,one of my strong skill) it's not going a straight line as I mention above that this blade has low throw but in stead it arc up and spin away on landing.
On passive blocking it short and stop. Very precise placement.

Chopping :  I don't really know how to do it. Not going to talk about this.

Feeling : it's not shaking or vibrate like 5 plys but one thing I feel of 83g is that hollow feeling from the blade not solid as my p700 I did not like this feeling. Soft-Medium feel not vibrate-
Not flexy.

In conslusion : A 5ply that a bulkup like a "muscular up NERD at the back of the class".
Very good control on short game and ball placement also blocking. A very strange behavior on top spin going low arc but spinny and dig down after landing. I hate the weight. God I hate the weight. I was forced to change my stroke to play this. Heavier blade has better momentum for top spin it feel more powerful.

I recommend this blade for allrounder-offensive mind, rotation on ball placement and top-spin not for flat hitter as it is not fast enough for short fast stroke and it goes down the net if not going on a full deep swing. Despite slow but still manage to play mid distance.

I recommend heavier one for this blade, I'm planning to order another PP with 88-90g. Saving up. It would suit my liking. But not going to sell this one away (yet), I have to adjust more to play with it. 

I play with 4-5 people today did not count how many games
1 player with much higher level - league level.
3 with same level 
1 lower level

My score did not change much as usual. But change in play style. More passive.
But I still manage to beat up the same level and lower one as usual lolz.

One thing to be warn, people, if you buy PP plz lacquer the handle or else the paint(red-white) will definitely fade.

Comment on nexy : In short, Very artistic but function.

GIVE ME THE 90g one!!!      I'm saving up !!       WAIT FOR ME !!!! 

Edited by Crowsfeather - 08/04/2013 at 9:28am
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2013 at 10:28am
Haha C-Feather, I also crave the heaviest one of the batch just like you haha. Nexy already knows when he gives me a blade to test I prefer the top range of the weight for the same blade. My Arirang is 90 gram and despite that the overall weight of my bat came in on the light side at 180 gram but it played awesome. Maybe your setup still can satisfy you.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2013 at 11:52am
LOL - muscular nerd. Love it! ;-)
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2013 at 12:16pm
I don't think it's going to satisfy me anyway in short time as I had been long using 95g P700.

Still worth to try. Wink
I will appply power tape ( increase weight ) might work.
But it is definitely as density is not change as the none power tape with same weight.

One thing I'm disagree with other reviewer that I feel this blade is not stiff, medium to harder side of soft but being solid. Blade I have been using almost are limba outer ply such as P700 / Stiga tube carbo / Tube aluminum / I have try Acoustic/Tenor PP is harder than acoustic but still soft to me.

I have to say this as readers will not miss understood me that this blade is soft but it is softer to blade that I was using which were stiff and solid especially Tube Alu. I really love it solidity but very hard to control/ it blocks like hitting a ball with a brickTongue.

Edited by Crowsfeather - 08/05/2013 at 10:24am
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2013 at 5:01pm
hello guys; I wonder where my review of the peterpan is; I was reading again the thread and I can't find it. It's not in the other thread where testers were selected either...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2014 at 10:44am
I gave this blade to my girlfriend with omega IV pro / spinlord dornenglanze

Quite a short period , I have try this set up myself and found that........
It 's quite controllable for LP but sometime to bouncy when blocking especially when blocking a smash ball.
but it is very easy to control the ball placement / chop block /
I do not chop from outer table but a chopper have try this and said it is too bouncy.
Can not say much for disruption effect. But other player think it is OK ! according to my technique.

but It's give off very well with SP I have try nittaku moristo SP / tsp short pip (can not remember).
on a short punch SP attack is very good, great with ball placement and speed.

Well , I am not a pip expert.
So using pip with Peter Pan is a must try.

Tongue

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2014 at 4:15pm
very soft edges. every touch blade on table leave dent. except this great blade. after one blade gut hard dent I bought another one. new blade after few weeks already has dent on edge
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2014 at 1:40am
Sorry for you. Do you feel it's softer than the blade you used before Peterpan?
If you hit the table often, you should really consider a thick foam edge tape or a blade with wooden edge guard.
Join the Nexy Clan!
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2014 at 6:52am
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

Sorry for you. Do you feel it's softer than the blade you used before Peterpan?
If you hit the table often, you should really consider a thick foam edge tape or a blade with wooden edge guard.

no. actually it doesnt feel softer than other blades. i didnt hit table. it was soft touch while was chopping. i had same touch on table with blades i used before Peterpan but no one of them got dent

Edited by piligrim - 02/02/2014 at 7:29am
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2017 at 4:42am
Soooo my Peterpan just delaminated after a small bump after FH push. I see that others have issues the same as I, did you guys just use PVA glue and clamped it? Or superglue?

(Or alternatively)... back to the Violin
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2017 at 8:09am
I'd use PVA, which remains flexible. Superglue is too stiff.

Edit: read my next post and forget about this, my brain was switched off at the time of writing.

Edited by arg0 - 09/10/2017 at 9:20am
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2017 at 9:28am
gekogark1212,
reconsidering, I'd say it depends on the extent of the delamiation. If it's minor (few mm), either PVA or epoxy will do. Actually, there's a chance PVA will not stick very well to the glue residues that inevitably remain between the plies and epoxy will do a better job.
If it's major, I'm not sure you can just glue and clamp, without removing the prior glue, which I suppose would require delaminating the blade entirely. And then, I'm not sure how to do a clean job. I suppose there's a reason PVA is not used in blademaking (trapped water, weight?) and epoxy or hide glue is used instead.
You may find more expert advice in the blademaking section. Good luck!

PS I'm no expert and the most blade DIY I did was occasionally repairing some dents, some minor delamination at the edges, and regluing the handle of my Violin with hide glue when it detached after a fall.

Join the Nexy Clan!
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2017 at 1:48pm
Copying here my initial impressions from "Free Nexy blade testing" thread at

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=80460

Got Peterpan in the mail.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

The blade looks amazing, great workmanship.

Weight 82 g, very close to my optimal weight of 79-80 g.

Bounce test on the naked blade shows ... I would say OFF- speed.

Handle is FL, very comfortable.

Next step - put some of my standard rubbers like old Tenergy 80-FX or Tibhar Aurus and see what happens. That will have to wait until weekend or beginning of the next week.

Many thanks to Nexy and to arg0 !
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2017 at 1:53pm
With edge tape and handle wrap the blade weighs in at about 86 g. My rubbers weigned together about 82 g, giving me a very comfortable 168 g - due to shoulder problems a few years ago I stopped playing with heavier (180-190g) blades.

Good balance, not head-heavy (some people like head-heavy blades, but I am not among their number).

Now for the first 15 minutes of play.

Unfortunately I could not play more as for some reason my backhand rubber played very slow and I could not continue on testing.

On the forehand I had installed KTL Red Diamond Mechanical - which is a fast mechanical grip rubber, very slightly tacky, with very good control and reliability.

I confirm that the blade feels like OFF- in speed. The feeling was crisp (RD, even when not brand new, is not a mushy rubber) and control was very good.

Short game was quite decent, looping as well. However, smashes and drives were kind of middle-of-the-road. I guess this blade prefers looping game.

I will reglue the backhand rubber (Palio Aeolus) - I just might have done a bad job there - and will retest in a few days.

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2017 at 10:41pm
Played more with PeterPan and I decided this is not a blade for me. It seems like it has two slightly different speeds on FH and BH and it is just kinda slow on BH for my techniue.

It could be very good OFF- blade for players who are less agressive on BH or chop, or stand very close to the table, or have a longer swing on their BH loops.

Control is good, and FH play was quite reliable - with fast rubber there I liked how the paddle played. But BH was not working out for me.

I tried Palio Aeolus again, then Gambler Outlaw... and the combo still was not doing my bidding so to speak.

I have PM'd SmileTT who is next on the list - if he is still interested, I will send it on. If not, then perhaps someone else.

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2018 at 11:36pm
Peterpan mailed to SmileTT. Let's hope he will find it more suitable for his style. The quest goes on.

SmileTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmileTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2018 at 10:45pm
See my review for this blade in this thread: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=80834&PID=1023474&#1023474

Edited by SmileTT - 05/03/2018 at 10:45pm
Xiom Omega IV Euro | Freitas ALC | Xiom Omega IV Euro
Feedbacks
zeon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2018 at 1:24pm
NEXY-PETERPAN Blade Review 
Those who know me also know my special interest in table tennis blades. I generally try to get blades of all brands and try them. Fans of the famous Korean hand-made NEXY blades already know it (abroad, it is known as the brand of the rich :)) In Turkey, they are hard-to-get blades due to their high prices and Pay-pal issues. Recently, I got PETERPAN blades with FL and ST handles. First of all, I can say that NEXY made them with a high-quality-craftsmanship and beautiful designs. 

This blade is a 5-ply wood. It has 157*150 mm dimensions and 6.1 mm head thickness. The top layer of the blade is Limba, with the full combination being Limba-Limba-Ayous-Limba-Limba. The quality of Limba layers is as good as we see in top level blades of Butterfly (they are lined up like the Chinese army). The middle layer is burnt-AYOUS. The official NEXY website rates the blade as ALL+/OFF-. I found that it has the same speed as Primorac Off- which I play regularly, when using the same rubbers (FH 729 Battle- BH Btf Raystrom). It is not very flexible, has a soft feel and a perfect top-level sweet spot. 

While blocking, even when the ball didn’t fall perfectly in the middle region of the blade, I did not get the ball-break feeling or weakness of returning ball at all. There is almost no vibration even though it is a 5-ply blade. Close to the table, FH and BH drives have high percentage of landing and the spin quality and speed are just right. Shots to the high and low balls were incredibly easy for me even though I am not good at shots. In counters away from the table, this blade performed below my expectations, probably because of the rubbers I used and its 5-ply structure. However, I think that I would not have this problem if the blade was 90 gr. 

SHORT PLAY: It is really easy to put short balls inside the table safely without pushing the ball long or high.  This blade has a high feel quality. BLOCKS: This blade is just for you if you are as bad at blocking as I am. Dwell time is neither too much nor too little. The control is exceptional since the middle layer is burnt-AYOUS. The ball leaves the racket just in time. The blade has been made in such that we say "if only it holds the ball a little longer," because it is his job to put the ball inside every time (the blade doesn’t play, of course) SPIN: It is quite possible to increase your spin-shot-percentages if you are a beginner in table tennis or have difficulty creating spin. As I said previously, control and spins will have high percentages since the middle layer is burnt-AYOUS. The blade throws the ball neither too high nor too low. Now I feel an end is coming for the high-throw rubbers that you have to play just for less error. Your percentages will be high with PETERPAN. CONCLUSION: This blade would be very appropriate for you if you complain about the low-quality-craftsmanship, unnecessary vibrations and the low speed of 5-ply blades. If you want to improve the quality of your play and to get your money's worth, I can say that NEXY PETERPAN is an excellent choice.
Blade chuan chih-yuan
Rubber: FH haifu whale2
BH Shark 2
Feedback:http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79017&KW=feedback&PID=978171&title=feedback-zeon#978171
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic