Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Largest club in USA opens

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
clannewton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clannewton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2013 at 12:44pm
It is $6 a night with the facility opening from 6pm to 10pm on Mon., Wed and Fridays.  Not to bad!
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2013 at 12:53pm
thats it...I'm either moving to Portland or Central Florida!
Donic Aratox RS
Bluefire M3 Max
Victas VO > 102 1.8
Rating 2183
Chopper88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2013 at 3:36pm

This is half of the table set up, you can put another 8-10 on the other side

jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2013 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Chopper88 Chopper88 wrote:

Is the ceiling high enough for Badminton?
Is both Badminton & TT on at the same time? or only 1 sport at time?
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
Chopper88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2013 at 8:59pm
It's both at the same time, let say it way higher then anyone can hit a ball or a birdie Smile
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2013 at 1:02am
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

thats it...I'm either moving to Portland or Central Florida!
==============================================
If you love TT and want to have the first-class experience, yes Portland or Central Florida is the place to move to.  But if you just enjoy the game and not too picky, you may want to keep Charlotte, NC in mind. And, if you are working in the IT (information technology) field, things may just work out for you. (read the link below.)

Also, there are lots of banks here (Wells Fargo, Bank of America, BB&T, First Citizens, etc.), but I don't know if they are laying off people or hiring people.
===================================
Our club is a medium sized club with 100 to 120 members.  Each session's attendance is about 30-40 players.  We partnered with the Badminton club to share the cost of the leasing fee.  We have 10 tables on the main court, and 3 tables in the three side-rooms.  All tables are of tournament quality.  We have 3 coaches charging $20, $30, and $40 per hour for one-on-one private lesson. 

This club is not very strong, only half a dozen players rated 2000+, the two highest rated players are 2300+.  Two dozens or so players rated between 1700 and 2000.  Tons of players are between 1300 and 1600.  Only about 20 or so players rated between 800 to 1300.

Membership cost is $60 per quarter, if you can pay for a full year that will be $180 (saving you $60).
Visitor's fee is $5 per day.

Have discount for family membership, have discount for students, but no discount for seniors.
The club is operated on a non-profit basis.  We hold usatt sanctioned 2-star tournaments 3 times a year.

Playing time:
Tuesday:    5PM to 10PM
Thursday:   5PM to 10PM (league playing night)
Saturday:   2PM to 6PM
Sunday:     1PM to 6PM

No Central Air-condition in the summer.  But winter time, it has heater. Has bathrooms, but no shower place.

Yes, it is not the first-class environment to play TT and we don't have any 2400 (or above) rated player.  Then again, for $180 a year and with so many hours to play - I think it is a bargain.

*** Job first, TT second. If you play TT and happen to be looking for a job, you may want to keep Charlotte, NC in mind. ***

Edited by skip3119 - 04/24/2013 at 1:52am
skip3119
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2013 at 8:34am
If you're actually looking to move somewhere in the US based (or partly based) on playing TT, isn't the Bay area the best choice these days? Seems like it would be to me.

LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2013 at 1:05am
Originally posted by Pondus Pondus wrote:

If you're actually looking to move somewhere in the US based (or partly based) on playing TT, isn't the Bay area the best choice these days? Seems like it would be to me.

The Dallas Metro is becoming a hotspot with over 600 players at one club.
Hunter Flame / 4H Ten 05 Max / BH Donic X1 Turbo 2.0
729 Wood / Ha Shark 2 Max Both sides
729 Wood / 4H Juic Varites 2.0 / BH Palio LP 1.0
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2013 at 1:10am
A TT Club could add some pool tables in their bar area to give them more variety to draw more patrons.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clannewton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2013 at 4:46pm
I think you have to decide what you are going after.  If you want the atmosphere more of a game room with ping pong tables, pool tables, shuffle board and air hockey with adult beverages that is one thing or if you are looking more at the atmosphere of the sport- Table Tennis -for the enthusiast who enjoys this sport and does not need other distractions.  I myself prefer the sport table tennis and I am usually irritated when there are other activities competing for the atmosphere of the venue.  But no preference is right or wrong.  It is just what you like for yourself.  
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2013 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by clannewton clannewton wrote:

I think you have to decide what you are going after.  If you want the atmosphere more of a game room with ping pong tables, pool tables, shuffle board and air hockey with adult beverages that is one thing or if you are looking more at the atmosphere of the sport- Table Tennis -for the enthusiast who enjoys this sport and does not need other distractions.  I myself prefer the sport table tennis and I am usually irritated when there are other activities competing for the atmosphere of the venue.  But no preference is right or wrong.  It is just what you like for yourself.  

The problem is that the reality of business survival is at least a break even point financially. This means that other revenue producing enterprises may have to be included with TT for survival.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2013 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by Chopper88 Chopper88 wrote:

This is awesome!  Good luck!
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2013 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by Pondus Pondus wrote:

Or So Cal.  I would also put in a plug for my city, Houston.  Dallas and Austin also have very good TT scenes. 

The thing to keep in mind is that rent and utilities for the space needed are expensive.  There are different ways of dealing with that.  One is the Portland model -- kind of like Spin.  Not my cup of tea but I think it can work.  Another is to share space.  Reduces your open time and then you are hosed if the other club has problems paying their share of the rent.  Or you need to find a space to rent that is really really cheap.
tt4me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2013 at 12:30am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

The thing to keep in mind is that rent and utilities for the space needed are expensive.
Very expensive, and TT players are very cheap.

There are different ways of dealing with that.  One is the Portland model -- kind of like Spin.
It just got started.  Susan Sarandan may be able subsidize TT because she likes it.   Does Pure Space like TT that much.  Pure Space has just got started, the jury is still out.

Not my cup of tea but I think it can work.  Another is to share space.  Reduces your open time and then you are hosed if the other club has problems paying their share of the rent.
I have done some research on Pure Space.  Pure Space is shared with wedding receptions and other events.

Or you need to find a space to rent that is really really cheap.
It doesn't exist in a major city.   It really does take someone that likes TT enough to subsidize the venue like Susan Sarandan.

Edited by tt4me - 04/26/2013 at 12:32am
popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2013 at 5:10am
http://www.pureponginthepearl.com/membershipprices

They put up their membership prices, very trendy and economical. $29 a month. 
They also offer premium memberships with unlimited robot, free coaching, free private events, lockers, access to center court, etc. 
Booze, music, and great memberships. Let's all move to Portland! 
Member of the YU ZIYANG is Yo DADDY Fan Club
H3Neo National $145
Hurricane Long 5 National $1000
Tenergy 05 National $145
CNT Autographed Shirt $500
Louis Vuitton Shorts $900
I Love TT
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2013 at 10:03am
Originally posted by tt4me tt4me wrote:

The thing to keep in mind is that rent and utilities for the space needed are expensive.
Very expensive, and TT players are very cheap.

There are different ways of dealing with that.  One is the Portland model -- kind of like Spin.
It just got started.  Susan Sarandan may be able subsidize TT because she likes it.   Does Pure Space like TT that much.  Pure Space has just got started, the jury is still out.

Not my cup of tea but I think it can work.  Another is to share space.  Reduces your open time and then you are hosed if the other club has problems paying their share of the rent.
I have done some research on Pure Space.  Pure Space is shared with wedding receptions and other events.

Or you need to find a space to rent that is really really cheap.
It doesn't exist in a major city.   It really does take someone that likes TT enough to subsidize the venue like Susan Sarandan.

Actually I speak from the knowledge of having been on the board of directors of a table tennis club in the fourth largest city in the US for the last ten+ years. Our club, which is officially a non-profit organization, is open 7 days per week and we don't share our space. You are right, the stars have to align, and yes, most TT players prefer to not spend money on it.  We found a place with really cheap rent in a strip mall that for various reasons is not well suited for retail and that the owner had had a really hard time renting.  At one point we rented much nicer space in a better neighborhood from a guy who loved TT and didn't mind basically subsidizing us.  At that time in my estimation we should have rented out our space more often for wedding receptions and such, and we lost a good opportunity, but in the end the utility costs at that place would have forced us to move at some point.  (Bear in mind that the combination of really high ceilings and great lighting adds a great deal to the costs of your operation!!!).  As it turned out, after this fellow went back to Taiwan, his sons were not interested in losing money, we lost our lease, and we had to scramble for space.  We sub-leased space from a volleyball club for awhile, but that reduced our open hours.  Then we played at an indoor tennis facility but it was awful.  Eventually we canvassed an area in the city where we though we would find places to rent.  Less convenient for many people, but it is closest to where most of our members are.  For me it is a 45 minute drive each way.  I think this model can work in other places where real estate totally bottomed out, especially commercial real estate.  Lots of places in what are major cities.  Obviously this can work in other places.  There are several viable TT clubs in Los Angeles and New York that are not operated or subsidized by the Susan Sarandons of the world.  Also in Austin, which is a bit pricier than Houston.  Some are, like ICC in California, but it is not an absolute requirement everywhere.   

This can work in major cities. 

Edited by Baal - 04/26/2013 at 10:11am
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2013 at 10:18am
BY BAAL
[/QUOTE]Actually I speak from the knowledge of having been on the board of directors of a table tennis club in the fourth largest city in the US for the last ten+ years. Our club is open 7 days per week and we don't share our space. You are right, the stars have to align, and yes, most TT players prefer to not spend money on it.  We found a place with really cheap rent in a strip mall that for various reasons is not well suited for retail and that the owner had had a really hard time renting.  At one point we rented much nicer space in a better neighborhood from a guy who loved TT and didn't mind basically subsidizing us.  At that time in my estimation we should have rented out our space more often for wedding receptions and such, and we lost a good opportunity, but in the end the utility costs at that place would have forced us to move at some point.  As it turned out, after this fellow went back to Taiwan, his sons were not interested in losing money, we lost our lease, and we had to scramble for space.  We sub-leased space from a volleyball club for awhile, but that reduced our open hours.  Then we played at an indoor tennis facility but it was awful.  Eventually we canvassed an area in the city where we though we would find places to rent.  Less convenient for many people, but it is closest to where most of our members are.  For me it is a 45 minute drive each way.  I think this model can work in other places where real estate totally bottomed out, especially commercial real estate.  Lots of places in what are major cities.  Obviously this can work in other places.  There are several viable TT clubs in Los Angeles and New York that are not operated or subsidized by the Susan Sarandons of the world.  Also in Austin, which is a bit pricier than Houston.  Some are, like ICC in California, but it is not an absolute requirement everywhere.    This can work in major cities. 
[/QUOTE]

BOTTOM LINE is ROI or Return on investment and associated risk. A TT facility does not offer a good ROI but has too much risk associated with a lease or major building purchase. Rent is cheaper in these economic times but it will go back up once the economy recovers.

There is also the problem of high gas commuting cost for the TT enthusiast who you want to join your club, say $5 for an average round trip from home.

Edited by LUCKYLOOP - 04/26/2013 at 10:20am
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2013 at 10:41am
All true, those can be challenges.  And yet these TT clubs in California and Texas have existed for quite some time and continue to exist.  We have been in our own space for thirteen years.  Westside TTC in LA has been in the same place since 1992, I believe.  The one in Almeda also seems to do well.  Those are the ones where I have played during visits out there.  Roundrobin could say more about his club, it is much larger.  You can't say that something simply cannot exist when there are clear examples of them.  Like I said, the stars have to align.  One thing the really stable clubs have in common is that the space is in some ways modest, not always ideal in every way.   
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2013 at 10:56am

All true, those can be challenges.  And yet these TT clubs in California and Texas have existed for quite some time and continue to exist.  We have been in our own space for thirteen years.  Westside TTC in LA has been in the same place since 1992, I believe.  The one in Almeda also seems to do well.  Those are the ones where I have played during visits out there.  Roundrobin could say more about his club, it is much larger.  You can't say that something simply cannot exist when there are clear examples of them.  Like I said, the stars have to align.  One thing the really stable clubs have in common is that the space is in some ways modest, not always ideal in every way.   

One way to utilize space is to plan tables by skill level. A beginner or even an intermediate player do not need the space of a higher level player. You can continually adjust your plan based upon your membership. You could also adjust your member fees accordingly.   

Edited by LUCKYLOOP - 04/26/2013 at 10:57am
qpskfec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2013 at 11:31am
Westside TTC moved from the Helms Bakery location in Culver City to the current one about 10-12 years ago. They are open Tu, Fri and Sat. The space is shared with a fencing club.

LATTA and Grace Lin are open 7 days. They are in industrial warehouses in the San Gabriel Valley so rent is cheaper. Lots of Asians in close proximity means that 2 clubs can do ok even though they are within a few miles of each other. No air conditioning, so they can get very hot.
tt4me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2013 at 11:52am
Originally posted by popperlocker popperlocker wrote:

Let's all move to Portland! 
Where young people go to retire.
From the artilces it looks like you should bring your own job if you move there unless you like just eeking out a living making coffee for someone else.

I saw that the fees for playing as a non-member is $5 an hour instead of per 4 hour session.  That will keep the "retired" people away.

Edit,  I converted the URLs to links.  I hate it when other people fail to do that.

Edited by tt4me - 04/26/2013 at 12:26pm
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2013 at 12:02pm
BY tt4me
I saw that the fees for playing as a non-member is $5 an hour instead of per 4 hour session.  That will keep the "retired" people away.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That fee is to take advantage of the once a year players or people using it for a date.

Edited by LUCKYLOOP - 04/26/2013 at 12:03pm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2013 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by LUCKYLOOP LUCKYLOOP wrote:

One way to utilize space is to plan tables by skill level. A beginner or even an intermediate player do not need the space of a higher level player. You can continually adjust your plan based upon your membership. You could also adjust your member fees accordingly.   

I was referring not so much to the amount of space, but how generally nice it is.  Some of the really long standing clubs I have played are not the nicest buildings you could imagine.  Our place could use higher ceilings and the bathrooms are not great, although we are going to renovate those in the next couple of weeks.  But we are in a cheap area with a high Asian population, rather like the clubs in the San Gabriel area of LA.  One guy here in Houston some years ago opened a TT club in a much newer building with very high ceilings and very good but energy-intensive lighting.  Very clean, nice locker rooms, powerful air conditioning.  One mistake he made was buying terrible tables, which put off a bunch of people at first.  He eventually remedied that.  What inevitably did him in were the utility costs  and the rent.  There was no possible cost accounting model given realities of TT and the people who play it by which he could have survived in that space.  At our club all 10 tables have essentially the same space, although two of them have lighting that is not quite as good as the others, and beginner walk-in players usually play on those.  Our building is old, it is not very elegant, and for that reason not many other people would want it and it is perfect for us.
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2013 at 3:48pm

Sustaining a full-time TT club in the USA is definitely a challenge, especially in metros outside of NYNY, LA, San Fran and in rural America. It almost needs to be subsidized by a rich TT enthusiast for long term survival.

Edited by LUCKYLOOP - 04/27/2013 at 3:50pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clannewton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2013 at 12:33am
Another option that works for a couple of clubs in the Central Florida area is having City Recreation facilities available for club days.  In Cocoa Beach and in Lakeland, Florida, the cities make a gymnasium available for club play and for multiple tournaments through out the year.  Granted they don't get 7 days a week, but they do get one solid day (Sundays)  with the option to use half the gym on other weekdays.  Of course it is critical to try and garner a relationship with the management of the recreation department and usually determines if you can get access into their facilities or not.  See the link  floridatt.com  for the cocoa beach and lakeland clubs.  Storage space is also a factor, whether a facility can store all the table and equipment required for a club.  Lakeland is able to store 20 Butterfly tables with equipment/barriers at their gym and Cocoa Beach is able to store 10 DHS tables with equipment/barriers at their gym.  But there have been other   large city municipal rec departments in the central florida area that would not make their facilities available to table tennis.  It seems they would prefer 1-2 19year old out of work kids using the whole gym to play basketball then 30-40 multiaged table tennis players using their facilities.  Sometimes depressing. 
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2013 at 1:02am

Sustaining a full-time TT club in the USA is definitely a challenge, especially in metros outside of NYNY, LA, San Fran and in rural America. It almost needs to be subsidized by a rich TT enthusiast for long term survival.

Full-time clubs that have been around for awhile are also in South Florida, Dallas, Austin, Houston, Chicago, Atlanta, Maryland, San Diego, Philadelphia, Seattle.  Those are just the ones I know about.  About the only clubs I know of that have rich benefactors are Spin and ICC.     
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2013 at 3:36am

Full-time clubs that have been around for awhile are also in South Florida, Dallas, Austin, Houston, Chicago, Atlanta, Maryland, San Diego, Philadelphia, Seattle.  Those are just the ones I know about.  About the only clubs I know of that have rich benefactors are Spin and ICC.     

There are a few others too. Most of those clubs have 6-12 tables which is small when you consider the metro size and the availability of other leisure/hobby sports/activities.
tt4me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2013 at 1:18pm
I just saw this on TV.  It was on a weekly news review.
http://www.kgw.com/community/blogs/drew-carney/Pure-Pong-in-the-Pearl--204038561.html
It is too bad it is more about the reporter being silly rather than real TT.   It would have been better if Sean an Tim were able to hit a few exhibition type rallies promoting the sport rather than the reporter

Edited by tt4me - 04/28/2013 at 1:19pm
popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2013 at 2:31pm
LOL, feel bad for Sean. Now people will think serving is just like tennis :D
@tt4me: $29 a month is too much for seniors to handle? You've got to be kidding me. Having an expensive drop in fee, is a great way to promote memberships, which is the better and more sustainable than drop ins. Also, it's only $7 to play the tournament on Friday. 
Member of the YU ZIYANG is Yo DADDY Fan Club
H3Neo National $145
Hurricane Long 5 National $1000
Tenergy 05 National $145
CNT Autographed Shirt $500
Louis Vuitton Shorts $900
I Love TT
tt4me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2013 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by popperlocker popperlocker wrote:

LOL, feel bad for Sean. Now people will think serving is just like tennis :D
@tt4me: $29 a month is too much for seniors to handle?
I can afford $29 a month.  My impression is that TT players are very cheap.  I have seen people run out the local club without paying their $4 per session fee.  I don't see them paying $7 that often.

Having an expensive drop in fee, is a great way to promote memberships,
Then the drop in fee should be raised to $8 or lower the monthly fee to $25 if you want to promote memberships. If I religiously played there once a week it would cost $28 a month at $7 per session instead of $29.  At $8 a session it would be cheaper to buy a monthly membership but then I am going to ask myself am I really going to this place once a week?  Add in gas,  the parking hassle of NW Portland which is much worse than it is made out to be and the time to get there the costs and hassle factor is high.   I admit, if I were one of those 'retired young people'  that lived down there and could use public transportation it would be a good deal.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic