FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Xiom Omega V

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2013 at 6:14am
Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

Yeah, that was before I tried Tau. It is slower than H3 neo. Similar to NEO tg2. Very tacky, and boosting does not help.

You've got a point here.
Sponsored Links

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2013 at 12:40pm
i am using vega japan... no complaints and it performs as expected as a grippy mid hard sponge esn rubber.

But i promise... xiom comes out with ONE more vega omega or sigma rubber in next 3 months... i will stop using xiom permanently.

enough of bad marketing gimmicks !!! Xiom is in line to be the next Butterfly...loosing customer confidence!!
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2013 at 4:59am
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

But i promise... xiom comes out with ONE more vega omega or sigma rubber in next 3 months... i will stop using xiom permanently.

Tau 2 and 3 are on the way... 
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
CoachT View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoachT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2013 at 6:51am
Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

Tau 2 and 3 are on the way... 

You guys have the same conept with Samsung S5 and iPhone 6 LOL?

President and Founder of Tony's Table Tennis
Benigma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2013 at 9:37am
And what do Samsung and Xiom have in common?????
CoachT View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoachT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2013 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Benigma Benigma wrote:

And what do Samsung and Xiom have in common?????

But you left out Apple, Intel, Microsoft, Sony and so on
I doubt this is a Korean thing
President and Founder of Tony's Table Tennis
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2013 at 2:20pm
to mee it loosk like they are jsut trying to saturate the market. and provide more variation within their product range. if we look at how many different rubbesr they had a year or two ago it wouldnt be very high.. look at how many different rubbers other companies have... xiom is doing what any other company has done... i think is a bit silly saying that if they bring out any more rubbers what would be the end of you buying from them....

and we can all agree that xiom is pretty much the youngest company out there.

so as they get their hands on more and more tech the more stuff they will pump out to keep up.
like my Transport manager Lecturer says 

CYAAAT

Cover Your Arse At All Times

which is what xiom are doing my covering a varied range of products to satisfly as many consulmers as possible. this is their way of having a viable form of profit gain 
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2013 at 3:13pm
Everything but Omega V thread.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2013 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by decoi decoi wrote:

to mee it loosk like they are jsut trying to saturate the market. and provide more variation within their product range. if we look at how many different rubbesr they had a year or two ago it wouldnt be very high.. look at how many different rubbers other companies have... xiom is doing what any other company has done... i think is a bit silly saying that if they bring out any more rubbers what would be the end of you buying from them....

and we can all agree that xiom is pretty much the youngest company out there.

so as they get their hands on more and more tech the more stuff they will pump out to keep up.
like my Transport manager Lecturer says 

CYAAAT

Cover Your Arse At All Times

which is what xiom are doing my covering a varied range of products to satisfly as many consulmers as possible. this is their way of having a viable form of profit gain 

Most smart consumer product companies are very careful/thoughtful with introductions new products and new versions of existing products. 

Introducing too many products at the same time or product updates too frequently might provide short term boost to sales, but in the long term it often backfires as it confuses consumers, especially if there isn't much difference between the different models and versions.   Also,  introducing many new products (without proper testing and consumer feedback) makes them more vulnerable to bringing poor products to the market, which can hurt the company's reputation ... bad news travels very fast.

Additionally, having too many sku's (many might be low volume and slow moving) is not necessarily good for the distributors who may need to keep all the different rubbers and blades in the inventory, which becomes expensive to carry and cumbersome to manage for small companies, plus it increases the risk of inventory obsolescence.
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2013 at 5:47pm
perhaps, the sales of previously released products has leveled off so they decided to introduce new ones.. this is a possibility

igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2013 at 1:26pm
Dear Omega Tour V owners,

Let the Gin out of the bottle and reveal the rubber's secrets, please. Do convince me to purchase a sheet of Omega Tour V on FH.
Regards,
Big smile

igszoctan
Fh: Rasant PowerGrip (2.1)
Blades: Appelgren Allplay
Bh: Rasant Powersponge(1.9)
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=66928&PID=807706󅌚
Strength and honour
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2013 at 3:45pm
from http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/tt-rubber-xiom-omega-v-tour-tt96042337#.UhEj8OaJCS8:

8/15/13 lo ultimo de Xiom Review by víctor Hugo Miranda
Price
Quality
xiom omega v tour es lo ultimo de la prestigiosa fabrica Xiom,destaca por su calidad y el angulo de entrada bajo a la mesa,una gran compra sin duda para el que quiera velocidad y control
8/1/13 hmmm Review by Dmitry Firsov
Price
Quality
didnt notice anything special about this one its not any quicker than the likes of vega asia or omega asia same amount of spin. but it seems bit easier to control. the price of this sheet doesnt seem justifiable as its not a major leap from its predecessors
8/1/13 Perfect Review by petros vittas
Quality
Price
It's very spiny and very controllable also . Is more flexible in the game and with my blade as jetro quad you can make your opponent wondering what improve so mutch, control ,power and spin with the same skills . My old rubber was sigma Europe 1 but this one is mutch more controllable and spinnier and "forgiven" in some way. Is also very good in service and in the receive of a service. But it shines in spin and in long rallies at medium and also long dinstance . I think finally that rubber make the difference for power users.
7/11/13 somewhat in the middle somewhere Review by Dmitry Firsov
Price
Quality
good all rounder feels very close to Omega 4 asia
6/29/13 Fast, Spinny Controlled Rubber Review by Fattchoi
Price
Quality
Reading the marketing blurb, I was quite apprehensive as it seems to imply only the professional need apply. Well, I am no pro but I am most surprised by how good this rubber feel. Yes, it is fast and spinny. However, the top feel of this rubber gives me good control over my shots. I would put it as a Bluefire M1 but a bit softer and better control.

decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2013 at 6:18pm
go for it

SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2013 at 3:30pm
Could anyone from experience compare the Omega V Pro vs Tour (except hardness), or if you have tried either variants, share your thoughts please. Thanks :)
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2013 at 5:19pm
ive got tour jsut waiting for pro to arive

Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2013 at 7:24pm
I tried both a couple of months ago when I was in China. Both in max boosted with haifu seamoon oil. I liked the V Pro alot better it felt more stable and spinny more similar to IV PRO/ASIA. The Tour felt mushy and weird. Maybe the booster did not completely dry but I didn't like it.
shay2be View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shay2be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2013 at 8:56pm
Im really enjoying Omega V Tour right now... between Vega Japan and MX-P
Timo Boll ZLC
Xiom Vega Japan
Tenergy 80 - FX
Rating: 2065
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2013 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by shay2be shay2be wrote:

Could you elaborate in what way? Hardness?
shay2be View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shay2be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2013 at 9:51pm
I think that the control with Omega V is like MX-P and not super reactive with spin. And the ability to generate spin and speed is very easy just like MX-P. But once you dig into the sponge, then the feeling is very much like Vega Japan. Super easy to create spin and speed and adequate in the short game. My short game and control is very poor already so my statement may be invalid. But it works for me. Just my thoughts....

Timo Boll ZLC
Xiom Vega Japan
Tenergy 80 - FX
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2013 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by shay2be shay2be wrote:

To me Vega Japan, at lower gears, is pretty much not a lively rubber. 
Is this the case with Omega V / V Tour ?
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
shay2be View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shay2be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2013 at 10:19pm
i felt it was lively, when I wanted it to be...
Idk...maybe ill post a club match vid so u guys can see my play
Timo Boll ZLC
Xiom Vega Japan
Tenergy 80 - FX
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2013 at 4:19am
Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

I tried both a couple of months ago when I was in China. Both in max boosted with haifu seamoon oil. I liked the V Pro alot better it felt more stable and spinny more similar to IV PRO/ASIA. The Tour felt mushy and weird. Maybe the booster did not completely dry but I didn't like it.

Here is another pretty comprehensive review of Omega V Pro (in russian, so use google translate to read).  The reviewer also preferred the Pro version to the Tour (said Tour was too fast, too low throw, etc), while Pro was comparable to T05FX and pretty easy to generate spin, especially on low speed shots.

the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2013 at 4:46am

that's the main reason I don't use their rubbers anymore... very annoying how they release so many variations practically at the same time
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2013 at 8:11am
For my playing style - all-around 2 winged looper

For 4H, Sigma Pro 2  2.0 compared to Ten 05  2.1:

Sponge appears to be very similar
A little more tacky topsheet

Overall - better control
Better control on pushes
Better control on blocking

Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
riker71 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote riker71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2013 at 7:46am
I recently got Tour Max for FH and Pro 2.0 for BH. Previously had been happy with Omega IV pro Max FH and Omega IV Asia Max BH for last few years.  I put the new rubbers on a new Tibhar Stratus Powerwood, same as the older rubbers. I was playing a cup match and lost the first match easily using my regular bat (TSPW with OIV Pro/Asia) - admittedly the older rubbers were not in the best condition being around 15-18m old and needed replacing - I didn't realise how much -  I decided to play with the new setup in my remaining matches not having played with it before and won them both in 3 straight, against good players where the match would normally be closer.

Taking into account the age of the older rubbers I'd been using, the improvement was unreal, the Tour has upgraded power and the topsheet is also improved giving better spin, serves were fizzing. I believe these attributes are still improved over a new sheet of OIV Pro.

Tour Sponge is slightly softer than OIV Pro, throw is medium, maybe slightly higher than OIV Pro - The amazing thing is that the touch and short game have better control - the marketing hinted at this; "Amazing precision on passive shots"

Yesterday I was playing a good aggressive looper using T05 with Schlager Carbon, he looped hard four times to my forehand, I chopped 4 back in a row, he netted the 5th loop. Id never have done this with the Omega IV Pro. I like to mix up my game and fall back to chop occasionally.

Smashing did take a bit of getting used to because of the extra power of The OV Tour but is an easy adjustment. 

Loops fizzed with spin and looping was a breeze. Blocks felt crisp.

The OV Pro in 2mm to me feels like very slightly firmer sponge than OV Tour but hard to distinguish. Its certainly firmer than my old sheet of OIV pro but I think the sponge does soften with age.

OIV Asia has harder sponge than OIV Tour and Pro.

OV Pro has a higher throw than IV Asia, better control overall for looping and short game -  spin maybe a tad higher but not a major difference. Enough power without feeling too bouncy like Vega Pro or Sigma Euro. IV Asia is king for blocking still with its super firm sponge but the OV Pro feels like a better allrounder.

I'm happy with both rubbers and recommend anyone wanting an upgrade from previous Xiom Rubbers to try them. I got mine from TTNPP.

Edited by riker71 - 11/18/2013 at 7:47am
Stratus Powerwood
FH T05
BH T25
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2013 at 8:14am
is Tour the hardest version? how hard is it compared to m1?
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2013 at 7:11pm
Can someone compare Sigma 2 Pro vs OV Tour? Thanks.
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
n8stee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n8stee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2013 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by nyblad nyblad wrote:

I haven't tried half of them but judgeing from reviews many of there names doent seem to make mutch sense.

Vega China is very different from anything in the Vega line. Calling it China makes sense becouse its a China style rubber like Tau but Tau got no china in the name. Its just Tau. Why not call them Tau 1 and Tau 2. Or Vega China and XXXX China?

Vega Japan is very different from other Vegas. Its mutch faster and more modern.
Sigma 2 is very different from sigma 1. Mutch larger spores in sponge.

I think that Vega china is part of the Vega series because it is a little less quality and less speed, spin, etc. Where as Tau is higher quality for more advanced players. I think Xiom products are great and better than Palio as far as tacky tensors, but agree they have a lot of products.Pinch
I'm Nate
BLADE: YEO Cpen
BH: Xiom Omega IV Asia/Pogo pips out
FH: DHS Hurricane 2 neo

Blade: Nittaku Ruforal Jpen
FH: Nittaku Renanos Soft
RPB: focus 3 snipe<
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2013 at 3:05pm
I've recently been comparing three 4th gen 47.5 degree rubbers:
  1. Xiom Omega V Tour (2.0)
  2. Evolution MX-P (max)
  3. Bluefire M1 (2.0)
They are all mounted on a pair of Liu Shiwen blades (MX-P (max) / M1 (2.0) on one and OVT (2.0) / M2 (max) on the other), so side-by-side comparison is easy.

Physical characteristics of the OVT have been described by others earlier: it is a heavy (like MX-P & M1) rubber with a softer topsheet than the other two and a sponge with slightly smaller pores.

Basic impression: I've been very impressed with the Omega V Tour.
  1. Overall, OVT feels softer than MX-P & M1
  2. All 3 rubbers have about the same amount of topsheet grip (about similar to that of the T05)
  3. OVT has a pretty high throw angle: it felt higher than that of MX-P to me
  4. Of all the 3 rubbers, OVT is the easiest to generate spin with. The amount of spin is excellent. The spin of the brand new OVT 2.0 is much greater than that of the brand new M2 max mounted on the same blade. The spin is similar to that generated by the MX-P & M1. IMHO, in full-powered loops, perhaps MX-P's peak spin is comparable or slightly better than OVT. In brush-only opening loops on BH, I like M1 the best (followed by OVT & the MX-P). But for overall wider range of topspin strokes, OVT offers better average spin than the other two.
  5. Trajectory: OVT has a shorter trajectory / arc than MX-P and M1. It's trajectory is similar to that of the T05
  6. Speed: OVT is slower than MX-P & M1. It is about the same speed as T05
  7. Short game: OVT beats M1 and surprisingly beats MX-P as well in this category
  8. Overall control: OVT is better than MX-P which is better than M1
OVT offers T05-like (& not MX-P or M1-like) power but with a 47.5 deg sponge and much better control than T05. It is a great close-to-the-table rubber (on 5-ply all-wood blades) or an excellent mid-distance rubber if using faster composite blades.

It is easier to match the OVT to a wider variety of blades as compared to the MX-P and M1, which are a bit too much on bouncy carbon-based composite blades (Viscaria, TB-ALC, TB-ZLC etc) or 7-ply all-wood blades for < 2300 mortals due to their power.

Lastly, I've found that for most players using 47.5 degree sponge rubbers, 2.0 sponge is more than sufficient for great spin and arc. I don't notice much difference between MX-P (1.9-2.0) & MX-P max. This does not apply to Tenergy or other softer sponged rubbers (in which max sponge is required).

Edited by slevin - 12/13/2013 at 3:11pm
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2013 at 5:42pm
Thank you slevin :) Do you find that as it is softer than MX-P and M1, it has more control? Have you tried OVT on the backhand side? If you have, do you like it? Obviously this is a slightly newer rubber so there is some bias, but how would you honestly compare this with the modern tensors of today? A huge leap forward? Or a minor improvement compared to those of 1Q, T05, MX-P etc.. Thanks in advance also mate :)

Edit: Does the rubber thickness you use feel like it changes the speed/power/spin sufficiently to notice a small difference? 

Edited by SmackDAT - 12/13/2013 at 5:45pm
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic