Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Butterfly ZJK super ZLC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2017 at 2:30am
Think about it, these are professional players, they can play with anything, as long as butterfly doesn't mind giving them free stuff, they are more than happy to take it.
Sponsored Links

BMonkey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2017 at 8:53am
Originally posted by Snakefish Snakefish wrote:

It ain't a coincidence these young padawan Butterfly-sponsored players are using ZLC or SZLC lightsabers.

Questions to ponder:
1) did these players ask to use these high-end ZLC/SZLC blades?
2) did Butterfly nudge these young players to try using these expensive blades in order to help market them in the Pan-Am region ?
3) did the parents of these young players encourage them to use the most expensive Butterfly blades ?
4) did the coaches of these young players suggest they use ZLC/SZLC blades to fast track their development ?
5) does Butterfly hope to a star player emerges out of the forest ?

Just askin,............
Perhaps they want/need blades to help them compensate for lack of power and between carbon and ZLC, ZLC has more feeling/dwell.
sunny View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2017 at 10:08am
Has anyone compared ZJK Super ZLC and JM Super ZLC?

CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2017 at 10:18am

Edited by CraneStyle - 01/13/2017 at 1:34pm
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2017 at 4:51pm
What are The rubbers that suits best zjk szlc?
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
jfolsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2017 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Tenergy 05 National Green Sponge #32 works best imho.

I prefer the #35. And isn't your post a couple of days late?

jfolsen
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2017 at 3:26am

Tenergy 05 National Green Sponge #32 works best imho.

Also very good rubber is T05 ali express edition :D
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2017 at 4:21pm
You go play PS4 silly kids. And don't forget your milk and sleep at 7 after your mom take your shower.
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
m123456 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m123456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2017 at 1:21am
can any tell me the difference in specs and detail of performances btwn the jun mizutani superzlc and the jang jike superzlc. I heard they have same speed and play same overall. if that's so, then how come one costs 30 dollars more than the other? kinda need this because we're talking abt a lot money in here
Feng Shuei
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2017 at 4:59am
Originally posted by m123456 m123456 wrote:

can any tell me the difference in specs and detail of performances btwn the jun mizutani superzlc and the jang jike superzlc. I heard they have same speed and play same overall. if that's so, then how come one costs 30 dollars more than the other? kinda need this because we're talking abt a lot money in here

It is limba top ply for MJ which is softer and koto for ZJK which is harder. But I would say the price difference is because one is a Grand Slam Champion and the other is not. Wink
m123456 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m123456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2017 at 11:20am
so basically jun mizutani super zlc is slower than the zjk szlc?
Feng Shuei
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2018 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Added back Filip.

Girls:
Adriana Diaz: ZJK-SZLC
Crystal Wang: ZJK-SZLC (prior, she used ZJK-ZLC. Prior to that, she used MJ-ZLC)
Anqi Luo: ZJK-SZLC
Jianqi Zheng: Amultart ZLC
Yadira Silva: IF-ZLC
Rachel Sung: MJ-ZLC
Mo Zhang: ZJK-SZLC

Boys:
Jack Wang: TB-ZLC
Nikhil Kumar: ZJK-ZLC
Victor Liu: ZJK-SZLC
Brian Afanador: IF-ZLC
Daniel Gonzalez: IF-ZLC
Alexander BU: IF-ZLC
Filip Ilijevski: MJ-ZLC

Just watching the 2018 Youth Olympic Game quarterfinals.

So far, I've seen 4 players (playing non-tacky rubbers) in this round use these ZLC fibers:

1. Archana Kamath - ZJK-SZLC
  2. Lin Yun-Ju - ZJK-SZLC
  3. Adriana Diaz - ZJK-SZLC
  4. Ioannis Sgouropoulos - MJ-SZLC

Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2018 at 7:54pm
What are the characteristics of zlc? I personally played with zlf for some time and the arc was way too high. Also played with the apolonia for a day and didn't like the trajectory at all. It wasn't very direct. So what are the upsides to zlc compared to alc
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2018 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

What are the characteristics of zlc? I personally played with zlf for some time and the arc was way too high. Also played with the apolonia for a day and didn't like the trajectory at all. It wasn't very direct. So what are the upsides to zlc compared to alc

Don't get too carried away - almost all of the older generation (playing before ZLC came out) play ALC. Also, all most chinese players play with ALC (variants of Viscaria or W968).

Benefits of ZLC over ALC (YMMV):
  1. A bit more flex
  2. Better feeling (ALC is numb)
  3. More power
  4. Possibly bigger sweetspot
  5. Spin - it depends (IMHO, TB-ALC has better spin than TB-ZLC. However, MJ ZLC has better spin than Maze ALC / Freitas ALC). These blades only differ in their fiber composition. However, ALC provides easier access to spin
Benefits of SZLC over ALC (YMMV):
  1. Much better feeling / feedback
  2. Stiffer - much bigger sweetspot
  3. Power
  4. Spin - again: ALC provides easier access to spin but given the same faster hand speed while using both blade types, SZLC helps generate more spin overall. With slower hand speed, ALC provides better spin
Benefits of ALC:
  1. Universally well-known. So, coaches are familiar with this
  2. Cheaper
  3. Easier to play with - ZLC and SZLC are for players who play often
  4. IMHO, better with chinese rubbers
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2018 at 8:38pm
What does YMMV mean?
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2018 at 12:31am
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

What does YMMV mean?

tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2018 at 9:49am
"Benefits of ALC:  IMHO, better with chinese rubbers"

Interesting,  anybody else have an opinion on this?
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2018 at 4:47pm

One day somebody USATT 2100 told me that "Viscaria is better with Hurricane while TB ALC is better with Tenergy." Whether it is true or not it sounds to me that "ALC better with Chinese rubbers" presents the same level of insight to which I have a hard time to connect for a few reasons;one of them is I never had the 2 setups at the same time to truly compare.
I agree.Sounds like a lot of bs. First off all the two blades are almost identical. And second off all why would that be? Is there any reasonable argument for that? Chinese and euro rubbers require a completely different technique and thus a real comparison from one player is pretty much always inaccurate. euro and chinese rubber this video is in German, but he talks about the difference between Chinese and euro rubbers and the technique required.
GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2018 at 6:12pm
IMHO, Viscaria and TBALC are significantly different blades, and really, TBALC is no good with H3NProv, while Vis shines with it. Viscaria Light was even better for me - its fast opening loop is incredible, but it lacks arc and power in mid-distance loop-loop exchange. ZJALC (blue dragon) was also good with blue-sponged H3NProv.

So, there are SOME alc models which match H3 well, but not ANY alc matches it. Concerning zlf and zlc - I've tried some zylon blades with H3, and disliked all of them much. It looks like zylon is too springy for those dead Chinese sponges, and it catapults the ball away from the blade before you compress the sponge to execute a "cracking" loop-kill. Arc is there, you can land medium power loops all day, but at full power and more forward motion it becomes inconsistent. So, you don't have that crushing power you want to get from a Chinese rubber. One who knows how to perform a Chinese forward-motion loop-hit not "around" the ball, but "through" the ball, will get this point.

Zylon is really less Chinese-rubber-friendly than ALC or flexy all-wood.
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2018 at 7:11pm
I also found zlf blades to be offputting with chinese rubbers.
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2018 at 7:36pm
Timo boll spirit, viscaria, Timo boll alc, zjk blue dragon and Zhang jike alc all have the exact same composition. The slight differences are only due to the different handles and their impact on the weight distribution. Timo boll alc is a little more head heavy than viscaria, but that surely won't make it worse with h3. A lot of Chinese are using Timo boll alc. Ma long for example used tb alc and before that spirit I believe. The thing is that most people outside China don't even know the proper technique with a Chinese rubber. People always say that there is not one perfect technique, but that isn't correct for Chinese rubbers. Chinese rubbers require a certain technique to work. Of course there are some variation, but not a lot. So when people say h3 works on this but not on that, then I'd like to see their stroke first.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic