Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Butterfly ZJK super ZLC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2016 at 9:54am
Originally posted by bard romance bard romance wrote:

Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Adding to the list of young users: Adriana Diaz (current US open women's champion) - ZJK Super ZLC

You gotta highlight the players that like the blade not the ones that play with szlc cos they get paid for it

Lmao, Butterfly doesn't force a blade on any of their sponsored players, they can choose whatever you want. I've seen you say this before though so it's pretty clear you're just an extreme case of one of those anti-Butterfly people.

Not true i played with flarestorm2 pips and I had like 5 sheets and one primorac carbon, the local butterfly dealer agrees about that the most users playing with SZLC are sponsored unlike tbs and mizutani
Sponsored Links

bard romance View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2016 at 10:04am

Adding to the list of young users: Adriana Diaz (current US open women's champion) - ZJK Super ZLC

You gotta highlight the players that like the blade not the ones that play with szlc cos they get paid for it

Lmao, Butterfly doesn't force a blade on any of their sponsored players, they can choose whatever you want. I've seen you say this before though so it's pretty clear you're just an extreme case of one of those anti-Butterfly people.

Not true i played with flarestorm2 pips and I had like 5 sheets and one primorac carbon, the local butterfly dealer agrees about that the most users playing with SZLC are sponsored unlike tbs and mizutani

Obviously most people using a 400 dollar blade are gonna be the ones that can get it for free. That doesn't mean that Butterfly forces their sponsored players to use SZLC (they don't) which is what you implied in your original post. 
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2016 at 10:14am

Obviously most people using a 400 dollar blade are gonna be the ones that can get it for free. That doesn't mean that Butterfly forces their sponsored players to use SZLC (they don't) which is what you implied in your original post. 

Well I know a junior and an engineer that bought the blade and didnt liked and the 3rd player is an amateurish doctor who is playing with the szlc cos he likes expensive gear and the junior is 2400 coming from klhs and eventually returned to his old blade
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2016 at 10:26am
Never mind, lost brain cells

Edited by bard romance - 12/21/2016 at 10:27am
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2016 at 6:02pm
I think they are nice blades. Not sure i would be much influenced by fact that kids use them.

Most people wont buy them on impulse because of price, unlike other blades. I'm still amazed at how often people sell them here. For the price you might think people would hang on to them.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2016 at 2:41am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I remain convinced the high price of those 2 blades is only about justifying the increase in price of all other popular blades: the Amultart used to cost $140; same for the MJ; what is the justification of such a difference in price for those 2 blades between 2009 and now? The idea of having the MJ SZLC and a ZJK SZLC was marketing mastery

I cant imagine the materials cost much more now.
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2016 at 8:53am
Again, most of this could be explained with the last years rise of the yen from 120 to 100. All Japanese products rose similarly. I am into fishing and I can tell you Daiwa and Shimano rose similarly and people were bitter in fishing forums as well. I am saying 'most of it' because i myself see that the US price in particular is higher than the market price, due to the FUCCCCCKKKING North America monopoly that Butterfly sold to one party, and later reinforced by stopping shipping from overseas. But you have to separate that from currency swings.
As for the latter, since the great day for America of electing the noble Mr. Trump, the dollar has just shot up in the air, up 15-20% against everything, even gold, and the yen in particular is almost back to 120. So look forward to a drop in Bty prices. It will come, even with the monopoly, I just dont know if it will come back as much as it went up.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2016 at 9:28am
VTC: I think that the main argument presented here is that the 2 SZLC blades were simply massively overpriced from the start (which I agree with).

I remember reading BTY's argument regarding their prices: that the SZLC fiber was so stiff and hard that they had to buy new and very expensive cutting machines just for them. Don't buy that.

Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

The touch of a ZJK SZLC is so true! I had pleasure hitting with it each time I used it but when I owned one I played matches like crap; unforced errors all the way; same with MJ SZLC.

This is a very common comment regarding both of these blades. IMHO,
  • the rebound of the incoming blades (as a function of incoming ball velocity) is very even throughout the face of the blade and very predictable / learnable
  • the above function is different from that of many common blades (like the Viscaria)
  • it takes a bit of time to completely learn and put to memory that rebound function (wrt incoming velocity)
  • once that is done, though; the extra stiffness combined with the extra large sweet spot make them high control blades.

Basically, you have to give it time (at least 2 months). After I have got used to MJ-SZLC, I tried adopting Donic Ovtcharov True Carbon (a slower blade). However, I often kept shooting the ball off the table with the DOTC. That does not happen when I go back to the MJ-SZLC. I have to give DOTC up. Perhaps now, flex = lack of control for me.

To me, the only disadvantage of these blades is slightly slower FH-BH transition due to stiffness.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2016 at 9:34am
400 bucks for an sZLC predated currency swings.  it is a marketing strategy along the lines fatt suggested.  As long as people still buy their stuff, why shouldn't they do it?  They are probably wondering now high they can get away with.
notgooord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notgooord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2016 at 11:22am
I think Jiang tianyi was using it.
Now using ebenholz.
Also maybe Feng tianwri used it.
Now with viscaria.

I know a guy who uses it.
He's ok, like 2300 US.
I dont think its such a bad investment.
A blade can last for your whole life.
He bought it maybe 3 years ago?
It's 100$ a year, for something you do many days a week.

The problem is for ejs who buy many blades, use them once and throw them in the closet.

Edited by notgooord - 12/23/2016 at 11:40am
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2016 at 11:41am
I bought my ZJK SZLC for $274 from ttjapan. I assume ttjapan made profit.  I ended up selling it here for $250, which i thought was a good deal, to lose only 24 buck for testing expensive blade, but now I wish I kept it... : ) 
20% on 274 blade is $55. ANd it costs more than that to buy from here. 
Cutting on the overseas shipping really hurt. 
But as bitter as I am, and believe me, I really wish all the worst for Christmas for whoever owns the BTY NA monopoly, the ugly fact is that Butterfly blades are worth even this outrageous price. This is the REAL DEFINITION OF VALUE. Not what a blade is made of or how much it costs to produce. The only definition of value is how much others are willing (voluntarily) to exchange for it. There are thousands and thousands of much cheaper blades on the market with, honestly, very similar characteristics, and yet people keep buying Butterfly. Until that changes, until the  competition is perceived as similar in value to BTY, I am afraid not much can be done, but weeping in these forums

Edited by Victor_the_cleaner - 12/23/2016 at 11:42am
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2016 at 4:18pm

LOL post of the year
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2016 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

LOL post of the year

Headline news "Bty fanboi shots to death user who bashed a butterfly blade"
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2016 at 10:51pm

LOL post of the year

You're right man some doctor didn't like szlc therefore butterfly forces their players to use szlc. You right man. Guess I was lied to by my butterfly sponsored friends over the years.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2016 at 11:07pm
bard romance,

I hope you read my earlier post on this issue, it is not worth it.  There are times I have made posts about something and had an extremely weird comment from bbkon out of now where addressing something else and quoting me as if I said what he was addressing.

Unless you get some value out of this, don't do it.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2016 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

bard romance,

I hope you read my earlier post on this issue, it is not worth it.  There are times I have made posts about something and had an extremely weird comment from bbkon out of now where addressing something else and quoting me as if I said what he was addressing.

Guess it's a habitual thing then. Moving on...lol Wacko
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2016 at 7:55am

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

bard romance,

Guess it's a habitual thing then. Moving on...lol Wacko

Yeh right i m butthurt by your infinite wisdom bard romance

Edited by bbkon - 12/25/2016 at 7:57am
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2016 at 8:02am

LOL post of the year

You're right man some doctor didn't like szlc therefore butterfly forces their players to use szlc. You right man. Guess I was lied to by my butterfly sponsored friends over the years.

I never said butterfly should force you to buy the szlc and Not praising slzc blades its a sin for you..cheers for your top20 friends
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2017 at 3:50pm
So, the partial list to see if the ZLC / SZLC blades caught on with young players on our side of the pond is amended (with amendments in red):

Girls:
Adriana Diaz: ZJK-SZLC
Crystal Wang: ZJK-SZLC (prior, she used ZJK-ZLC. Prior to that, she used MJ-ZLC)
Anqi Luo: ZJK-SZLC
Jianqi Zheng: Amultart ZLC
Yadira Silva: IF-ZLC
Rachel Sung: MJ-ZLC
Mo Zhang: ZJK-SZLC

Boys:
Jack Wang: TB-ZLC
Nikhil Kumar: ZJK-ZLC
Victor Liu: ZJK-SZLC
Brian Afanador: IF-ZLC
Daniel Gonzalez: IF-ZLC
Alexander BU: IF-ZLC

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2017 at 5:47pm
wow. looks like blades with zylon much more popular then with arilat ...
sunny View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2017 at 10:17am

LOL post of the year

I bought my JM SZLC from TTJapan especially they are one of the rare ones who sell straight handle but now they don't offer anything in Butterfly to other countries. Can't see Butterfly on their website. Butterfly turned them too to only sell in local market.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2017 at 10:28am
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

wow. looks like blades with zylon much more popular then with arilat ...

Among a subset of North American kids.  (Mo Zhang is not a kid though).
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2017 at 11:17am
Added back Filip.

Girls:
Crystal Wang: ZJK-SZLC (prior, she used ZJK-ZLC. Prior to that, she used MJ-ZLC)

Boys:
Filip Ilijevski: MJ-ZLC
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2017 at 11:27am
Originally posted by sunny sunny wrote:

LOL post of the year

I bought my JM SZLC from TTJapan especially they are one of the rare ones who sell straight handle but now they don't offer anything in Butterfly to other countries. Can't see Butterfly on their website. Butterfly turned them too to only sell in local market.

I hate Butterfly as a business
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2017 at 1:52pm
Btfly definitely does not care about making friends among their customers.  It would help if the people they chose to be their distributors in various places were....     better at their job.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2017 at 2:28pm
Butterfly is doing everything within its power to alleviate...[cough]facilitate[/cough] your brand withdrawal symptom, as well as "looking after" fellow brands.

Edited by zeio - 01/11/2017 at 2:31pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2017 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Butterfly is doing everything within its power to alleviate...[cough]facilitate[/cough] your brand withdrawal symptom, as well as "looking after" fellow brands.

Details?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2017 at 2:52pm
I for one am delighted to see many very nice ALC blades from Donic, Tibhar and Yasaka, among others.  I can personally vouch for the True Carbon.  And since it is nice, to hell with Btfly.

By the way, one thing about blade choices with cadets and juniors is that it will be interesting to see what they might be using a bit later on, when they are bigger and stronger.  Will they stick with the same thing because they are comfortable with it?  Or maybe will they go with something different?  (Of course, since we are talking about North American juniors, we may never find out because in a lot of cases these kids will stop playing at 18 to focus on their studies at elite American universities.  This is not an altogether bad thing.)
BMonkey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2017 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by sunny sunny wrote:

LOL post of the year

As I understood it, Butterfly said they'd revoke distributor status if a distributor didn't comply with Butterfly's policy. I find it highly questionable.

I wish that other manufacturers would increase their presence at US tournaments with equipment booths. For example, it'd be awesome if Paddle Palace acted as a sponsor of the JOOLA tour one year and had a booth at all the JOOLA dates. I'd love to try before I buy and find equivalents to butterfly blades.
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2017 at 10:00pm

Added back Filip.

Girls:
Crystal Wang: ZJK-SZLC (prior, she used ZJK-ZLC. Prior to that, she used MJ-ZLC)

Boys:
Filip Ilijevski: MJ-ZLC

It ain't a coincidence these young padawan Butterfly-sponsored players are using ZLC or SZLC lightsabers.

Questions to ponder:
1) did these players ask to use these high-end ZLC/SZLC blades?
2) did Butterfly nudge these young players to try using these expensive blades in order to help market them in the Pan-Am region ?
3) did the parents of these young players encourage them to use the most expensive Butterfly blades ?
4) did the coaches of these young players suggest they use ZLC/SZLC blades to fast track their development ?
5) does Butterfly hope to a star player emerges out of the forest ?

Just askin,............
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic