FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Stiga Infinity V Blade Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2013 at 7:45am
Since FZD switched from his viscaria to the infinity he is not going anywhere further.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
Sponsored Links

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2013 at 9:33am
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

Since FZD switched from his viscaria to the infinity he is not going anywhere further.

I deleted my post here.

Edited by slevin - 06/18/2013 at 10:09am
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2013 at 4:29pm

If you state what equipment does or does not suit you, perfectly fine.

You've invoked far too many fugazy "I'm just joking" cards. 

Unfortunately, I have to state that your indicating that you know more about what suits FZD than he and his entire CNT coaching team does does point to your general intelligence level.

Think this is a few levels lower than just trolling or being stupid 

Like, 'whale sh!t at the bottom of the ocean floor' low!  LOL

ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2013 at 4:50pm
I think they switch blades around so their ball doesn't feel the same and opposition does not get too used o the feel of their ball
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2013 at 7:07am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

If you state what equipment does or does not suit you, perfectly fine.
You've invoked far too many fugazy "I'm just joking" cards. 
Unfortunately, I have to state that your indicating that you know more about what suits FZD than he and his entire CNT coaching team does does point to your general intelligence level.
Think this is a few levels lower than just trolling or being stupid 
Like, 'whale sh!t at the bottom of the ocean floor' low!  LOL

Do not be angry slevin.
It is just a fact. FZD is not going far with the infinity.
'Angry zombies do not look very smart either'.

Edited by ejmaster - 06/19/2013 at 7:14am
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
patwhall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patwhall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2013 at 8:07pm
EJ, 
FZD is also only 17 years old, are you expecting him to be the #1 player in CNT?

His performance at the Chinese National Games as well as the Super League doesn't support your assessment.  So your statement is ludicrous. 

I wonder where you get your "fact" from?  Are you FZD's coach?  Tongue
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2013 at 4:20am
He played better with the viscaria that's all.
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2013 at 4:49am
Infinity is a decent blade, but just like intensity, it's not a powerful blade worth seeing in the hands of CNT member.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2013 at 12:44pm

no surprise to know about blades more than the entire cnt,

xx lost miserably against whao 3-0 with the intensity blade. lack of sharpness and power.

fzd lost against wang liquin with the infinity.

these blades feel not good enough at that level. unfortunately for these players they are not going far with them.

it is crazy to change from a rw5 or yeo to intensity and the same about going from viscaria to infinity. 

Edited by ejmaster - 09/07/2013 at 12:57pm
EJ Club.

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2013 at 1:34pm

fzd lost against wang liquin with the infinity.

it doesn't looks like he lost because of blade. game was equal. there is no proof that Viscaria would change something in this game.
patwhall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patwhall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2013 at 12:42am
EJ, 
Again your argument is very weak. 

Let me see, so FZD defeated Yan An during the Chinese National Game team competition as well as the China Open.  Does that mean Yan An won't go further with Viscaria?

FZD is only 17 years old.  If he can continue develop like he's doing now, I believe he's going somewhere, with or without Infinity VPS. 

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2013 at 1:28pm
It is just that xx and fzd are losing some equipment edge. It does not mean they are not able to beat other players.
Do you play the same with any blade?.
It is not me. Some other people also watch and feel they lost equipment edge.
The rw5 or yeo is not an intensity.
The viscaria is not an infinity.
Knowing the intensity it is almost impossivel xx plays better with it than a yeo/rw5. Maybe if it is something customized and quite different from commercial but it does not seem to be.

Edited by ejmaster - 09/08/2013 at 1:37pm
EJ Club.

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2013 at 12:50pm
and what you say after he won XU Xin? :)
I would say he just need to lose weight :)
patwhall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patwhall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2013 at 1:55pm
For EJ, FZD winning against XX should be right since he's saying XX doesn't have the equipment edge. 

But the thing is FZD is dominating against opponents in his age group, just ask Yan An, Zhou Yu and Lin Gaoyuan.  And he's winning against top tier older players, ZJK and XX.  

And he's still 16 (according to tabletennista) and still have time to develop his game and his body. 

From the results of the Chinese National Game, EJ can not defend his statement that "FZD doesn't have the equipment".  That's just a blanket statement folks shouldn't take seriously. 

Let me ask this, was Viscaria a hot commodity before ZJK took it and won the grand slam with it?  
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2013 at 6:24am
Originally posted by patwhall patwhall wrote:

Let me ask this, was Viscaria a hot commodity before ZJK took it and won the grand slam with it?  

Yes, it was. It was and still is a classic. Many would argue that it is the best ALC blade ever.
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2013 at 7:40am
Ofcourse it wasn't. TBS and Maze were hot blades back then. Viscaria is a classic and a very good blade but let's be realistic that Chinese Pros made it popular again.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
crackfst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crackfst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2013 at 10:18am
Abachiayousobeche, samba, wawa is all the same wood basically, but the wood itself can be quite variable
Darker Speed 90 Jpen
Tenergy 64
patwhall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patwhall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2013 at 6:14pm
Bingo, Speaquinox, exactly my point. 

Viscaria has gotten really popular due to the fact that ZJK has won grand slam with it.  And he continue to use it even though Butterfly has made ZJK series of blades.  

Now most of the younger generation of CNT players are using Viscaria and that really pushed Viscaria to a new height.  The general consensus from Chinese amateur players circles is that it's very hard to generate spin on Viscaria and it's not a forgiving blade.  
But so what, people want to use what the champ is using.  

So who knows, at this point, Stiga made a great move by signing an unknown player, Fan Zhendong.  Let's see if FZD's success will eventually pay off for Stiga.  
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2013 at 9:38pm
Waldner did not use AC blades, Liu Guo Liang didn't either, Kong Ling Hui used basic allwood blade before using KLHS.   You don't need Viscaria to be a world champion.  The reason Viscaria is hot again (I know there are some die hard fans out there) is because ZJK wins WTTC with it.   Let's say Ma Long wins WTTC with an Acoustic, I am sure people are praising Acoustic.

Equipment matters to each individual taste.   But there is NO EQUIPMENT suited for getting a WC title.  It is very stupid to suggest so.

Let's say I get a Viscaria now.... Does it mean I can play better?  NO !!!   I can play OK with Viscaria but it is not my preferred blade.

When I praise ZJK, it is because of his skill, NOT HIS VISCARIA....
Blade : Just wood
FH : black rubber
BH : red rubber
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2013 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by doraemon doraemon wrote:

Waldner did not use AC blades, Liu Guo Liang didn't either, Kong Ling Hui used basic allwood blade before using KLHS.   You don't need Viscaria to be a world champion.  The reason Viscaria is hot again (I know there are some die hard fans out there) is because ZJK wins WTTC with it.   Let's say Ma Long wins WTTC with an Acoustic, I am sure people are praising Acoustic.

Equipment matters to each individual taste.   But there is NO EQUIPMENT suited for getting a WC title.  It is very stupid to suggest so.

Let's say I get a Viscaria now.... Does it mean I can play better?  NO !!!   I can play OK with Viscaria but it is not my preferred blade.

When I praise ZJK, it is because of his skill, NOT HIS VISCARIA....
A funny thing to note, is that Kong used a custom made blade, the backhand being KLHS composition (Hinoki and ALC) with the forehand being P500 composition (Koto and Spruce)
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2013 at 11:09pm
^ +1
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2013 at 11:47pm
Yes, I know that KLH used custom made blade.  But in 1995 when he won WTTC and in 2000 when he won Olympic, he still used all-wood blade.  Not a Viscaria.  My point is that I disagree when someone said that "this player won't go far with ....  blade, because he lacks the equipment... bla bla bla..."  
There is no such thing.

For example, FZD beat ZJK at China National....   Does it mean Infinity is a better blade ???   Viscaria is not a good blade anymore????

Blade : Just wood
FH : black rubber
BH : red rubber
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2013 at 12:14am
Originally posted by patwhall patwhall wrote:

Bingo, Speaquinox, exactly my point. 

Viscaria has gotten really popular due to the fact that ZJK has won grand slam with it.  And he continue to use it even though Butterfly has made ZJK series of blades.  

Now most of the younger generation of CNT players are using Viscaria and that really pushed Viscaria to a new height.  The general consensus from Chinese amateur players circles is that it's very hard to generate spin on Viscaria and it's not a forgiving blade.  
But so what, people want to use what the champ is using.  

So who knows, at this point, Stiga made a great move by signing an unknown player, Fan Zhendong.  Let's see if FZD's success will eventually pay off for Stiga.  

Of course what amateur circles in China say is... well... what amateurs say. If there is such a general consensus (about spin etc.), it wouldn't be worth much, or at least not more than a consensus here.   I think it is great for generating spin and there is nothing particularly unforgiving about it, not more than any other blade with carbon in it.   

Is it not true that Xu Xin and Chen Qi have mainly used Stiga blades?  Stiga blades have long been very popular in China.  FZD certainly won't be the first high level player to use one, even if he turns out to be the next really great player from China.

All the same, I pretty much agree with your main point.  As someone who has been using a Viscaria for a long time, it kind of surprised me when it suddenly got so popular.  It's been around for a long time.  At one level it's a bit annoying, since now it is suddenly hard to get.  But they might have discontinued it -- change that probably would have -- but for ZJK, so maybe it is a good thing.  It's a really nice blade for sure, but there continue to be many very high level players all over the world who don't use composite blades.  WLQ didn't when he was winning championships with 40 mm balls. 

Edited by Baal - 09/12/2013 at 12:16am
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2013 at 9:46am
I concur that it's not the equipment that make the player, it's not like ZJK won the grand slam with Viscaria Wink.
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2013 at 4:45am

Please tell me more, how do you feel about this statement now?
Im pretty sure noone took it seriously anyway though.

Funny forum troll :D
Blade: TB ALC
FH: Tenergy05 2.1
BH: Tenergy64 1.7
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2013 at 6:41am
Originally posted by Thomasson Thomasson wrote:

Please tell me more, how do you feel about this statement now?
Im pretty sure noone took it seriously anyway though.

Funny forum troll :D

Testing right now the Infinity.
At that time it was a fact.
Still surprises me FZD prefers the Infinity over the Viscaria at his level.
Eventhough the Infinity feels good and FZDs one sure is the right selected one.
I know you were severely hurt and punished in the past Thomasson. Go ahead over it.
FZD is in a peak form and has improved his game no matter the blade.
But i do not think he has gained an edge with the blade change. On the contrary. Same with xuxin.
In anycase the commercial Infinity is a good blade in its own class.
The commercial Intensity feels a worse performance yeo.

Edited by ejmaster - 11/19/2013 at 7:01am
EJ Club.

Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2013 at 8:18am
Sorry, I thought you were plain stupid, however its clear that you are mentally challenged.
I did not know that, I don't like to make fun of disabled people.

At that time you presented your opinion as a fact that he WOULD NOT get further.
I believe, not winning championschips, to winning a few in a row is considered as getting further.
It takes a man to acknowledge their mistakes and apologise for them, something you are clearly unable to do.

The equipment doesn't seem to give an edge to any player, ZJK is using the Viscaria and didn't gain an edge either. Saying FZD would be even better with the Viscaria is pretty stupid, cause in that case he would have never switched ;)
You changing the subject to Xuxin is pretty weird, we are talking about FZD and his Infinity. :)

I hope you eventually grow a pair :)
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2013 at 8:33am
Originally posted by Thomasson Thomasson wrote:

Sorry, I thought you were plain stupid, however its clear that you are mentally challenged.
I did not know that, I don't like to make fun of disabled people.

At that time you presented your opinion as a fact that he WOULD NOT get further.
I believe, not winning championschips, to winning a few in a row is considered as getting further.
It takes a man to acknowledge their mistakes and apologise for them, something you are clearly unable to do.

The equipment doesn't seem to give an edge to any player, ZJK is using the Viscaria and didn't gain an edge either. Saying FZD would be even better with the Viscaria is pretty stupid, cause in that case he would have never switched ;)
You changing the subject to Xuxin is pretty weird, we are talking about FZD and his Infinity. :)

I hope you eventually grow a pair :)

Thomasson is angry. Nothing works for him.
No power to do pain. I know how you feel.
EJ Club.

V-Griper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V-Griper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2013 at 9:25am

Testing right now the Infinity.
At that time it was a fact.
Still surprises me FZD prefers the Infinity over the Viscaria at his level.
Eventhough the Infinity feels good and FZDs one sure is the right selected one.
I know you were severely hurt and punished in the past Thomasson. Go ahead over it.
FZD is in a peak form and has improved his game no matter the blade.
But i do not think he has gained an edge with the blade change. On the contrary. Same with xuxin.
In anycase the commercial Infinity is a good blade in its own class.
The commercial Intensity feels a worse performance yeo.

What about the other post that has a link to an interview with FZD, regarding his equipment?

Here is the relevant part-

Question: Are you playing “Pure wood” or “Fiber” blade?

Answer: I am using “Pure wood” since most are recommending me to use pure wood, I still to keep adjust myself.

Question: Who had suggested you to use “Pure wood”?

Answer: Coach Ng, Wang Hao, etc.. Wang Hao is also using “Pure wood”, his blade is really good. Sometimes “Pure wood” does not have enough self-power, but when you are controlling & hitting the ball, the feeling of remain will be much better.(my emphasis)

Seems like there is an understanding that blades like the viscaria have advantages in "power" but the trade off is not worth it overall, at least not to the people advising FZD on equipment. He trains with all the other top players who are using the viscaria so not sure how he would not know what the differences are. You could also flip the statement and say that ZJK might have done better if he switched to a blade more like what FZD is using. 

I think you might need to more clearly define what you think constitutes an equipment advantage, why it's an advantage and how that integrates with a given play style. FZD was clearly being out hit in the German open final in terms of ball speed. Dima was cracking the ball. I did not see where that gave him an advantage, assuming the ability to hit the ball harder is necessarily an advantage. FZD seemed to emphasize spin and control over speed and that seemed to be somewhat more effective in the long run. So it would seem the equipment choice suited the skills and physical capabilities. At least for now. 

DHS 301
Xiom Vega 7pro FH/BH
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2013 at 10:19am
Thanks for proving my point ejloser, tell me what did you achieve in life?

For me:
Nice girlfried [check]
Nice house [check]
Nice car [check]
Nice friends [check]
Own a company that is doing very well [check]
Meeting personal goals in table tennis time after time [check]
Helping others meet their personal goals (training) [check]

Want me to help you out on yours?

EJ life in a nutshell:
Look like the dumbest person on the internet [check]
If others notice how dumb I am, go personal and ignore every other aspect [check]
Continue trolling [check]
Fail life [getting there, failing so far]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic