FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Stiga Infinity V Blade Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2013 at 12:43pm
To complete your smart post Thomasson,
ejmaster,
smashing the zombi (hater thomasson) over and over again= check
Don't be angry Thomasson. You already have a lot of good things in life.
Have to learn one can not have everything.
Thomasson= no power= check :(

Edited by ejmaster - 11/19/2013 at 12:46pm
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
Sponsored Links

LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2013 at 1:35pm
Nice review Yogi.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2013 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

Since FZD switched from his viscaria to the infinity he is not going anywhere further.

Clown

----------------------

However, it is interesting that FZD can get so much power from a 5-ply wood that's slower than what most other CNT players are using...

1) I'm far from an expert, but FZD seems to play closer to the table, for the most part, than XX, and likewise he doesn't let the ball drop as low as XX....

2) I think we all underestimate how much booster plays a part. I'm always surprised Wang Hao can get his power from the blade he is using. Especially with short arms (compared to Wang Liqin, for example).

3) And of course, I think we all/I underestimate how much form/technique of the top players can influence power.

4) FZD is simply the next evolution in TT style. No one can grasp how powerful he really is yet... He can use a medium fast wood 5-ply wood blade, and blow Dima off the table in BH to BH rallies..... I've never seen Dima become so desperate to step around to his FH as in that recent German Open semi-final. LOL

speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2013 at 3:19pm
Today I tried Infinity (which I already put on sale) once more, just a final session. 88 gr, ST handle, FH: T05, BH: T05 FX.

Balance is good, better than RW or Ebenholz. Handle feels just a bit thicker. Quality is usual Stiga.

It has hardish feel. Not classic limba, not at all. I don't know why Stiga is trying to harden the outer plies this much, but I don't like it. This gives the blade a dead and dry feel, especially during short game, low powered strokes. It helps keep the ball short, but for me, I don't feel the ball at all.

Looping is very good. Especially at the table or close to table. Arc is pronounced. No problems about the amount of spin. When you go further off the table, power start to diminish. A bit of flex helps but not so much. You have to work hard to get the best of the blade. This is quite logical, it is a hardish thin 5 ply allwood with not so much catapult.

Hitting seems weakish (I'm not after monstrous punches or flat hits). Blocking is very good, expecially passive.

Short game as I mentioned before is very good. This is probably one common good feature for most new generation Stigas.

Anyway, conclusion: Infinity stays on sale. I won't have the time to train as hard as FZD nor I'm that young. LOL

Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2013 at 4:23pm
Infinity is an ordinary 5 ply that you find in every brand , nothing special about it. The thing that counts is the dhs forehand and the tenergy 05 backhand that executes exactly what he is trained for.
Butterfly Fransizka ZLC FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9 BH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2013 at 4:56pm
I don't agree it's an ordinary blade. Actually it's a strange one for me and I don't think you can find a similiar blade in any brand. Amount of spin, speed or control maybe similiar to many 5 ply blades, but the feel and power delivery ratio is different.
puppy412 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puppy412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2013 at 5:30pm
don't know about infinity but I think ebenholz and rosewood have enough power to play from all distances.
and I used them without boosted rubbers, most pro players boost their rubbers.

also consider that fan zhendong is chinese and they play closer to the table than players like ovtcharov or mizutani.
I can't see any reason why he could lack power with that blade.

ma long also used a similar blade, the 506, which is a mid step between a 5 and  ply.

Edited by puppy412 - 11/19/2013 at 5:34pm
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2013 at 5:49am
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

To complete your smart post Thomasson,
ejmaster,
smashing the zombi (hater thomasson) over and over again= check
Don't be angry Thomasson. You already have a lot of good things in life.
Have to learn one can not have everything.
Thomasson= no power= check :(

U make less and less sense every post you make. Sleepy
Blade: TB ALC
FH: Tenergy05 2.1
BH: Tenergy64 1.7
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2013 at 6:25am
I tried the Infinity with Tenergy 05FX. I agree with Speaquinox on most of his findings although I think T05FX is too soft for this blade. The finishing of the blade is awful compared to Japanese craftsmanship.

Edited by Stavros - 11/20/2013 at 7:30am
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2013 at 7:29am
Infinity has same construction like blades Waldner used? Limba-Spruce-Ayous.
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2013 at 8:39am
@Stavros; you're right, FX does not suit this blade.

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2013 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by garwor garwor wrote:

Infinity has same construction like blades Waldner used? Limba-Spruce-Ayous.

The second layer has burn process.
The feeling is not so good feeling as in the waldner.
In fact the Infinity as a 5 ply wood lacks feeling. As dead.
It has a lot of control about blocking and favours agressive bh when receiving services.
But as said it is hard to feel the blade.
Quite particular blade.
And for sure one can play at top level with an allwood blade as good as a composite. Never said anything different than this.
Just that a yeo feels with better performance than an intensity and a viscaria than an infinity (fzd has a contract with stiga).
Shiono now has a donic contract and played with def play.
Penholders usually like to play allwood blade.
Ebenholz, Rw, Stratpw, Clipper, etc have all the performance needed to play at top level.

Edited by ejmaster - 11/20/2013 at 2:36pm
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2013 at 8:53am
IMO the Infinity has a big gap between 3rd and 4th gear, so it's not good for general all round player, but good if you are either very passive, or very aggressive player.  Blocking at the table is as good as any 5-ply wood blade I try.  Attack close to the table is very fast, with long trajectory, but you need fast reaction, because if you don't and get pushed back, then it has no power away from the table.
tt-panopticum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt-panopticum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2013 at 1:15pm
Hi all,
some things in this thread are a bit puzzling to me - I'll explain some of the more tecnical ones only Wink

I've actually three infinity and it might be interesting to have some more data points:
- Master, 79gr. thickness 6.2 mm
- Master, 88gr. thickness 6.1 mm
- Champ, 80gr. thickness 6.15mm

As already said, finish is quite rough - although I've to say the basic work seems to be of very good precision - top veneer is very thin and one often can observe uneven thic´kness over the whole area - here it seems to be very "parallel".
Weight differences are high - but at the same time playing characteristic to me seemed to be less influenced by weight compared to many other blades.

I'm a bit surprised about comments that it lacks power - I completely agree about precision, not only passive strokes - all active strokes as well.

Head size of my samples is unsual 149.5 x 155.5  (+0.5 within those samples)

Actually my son plays those blades - he switched from KLHS - playing with MX-P FH and EL-P BH.

Touch feel is relatively hard, but there's decent flex when actually playing.

Personally I've never been a friend of the classic second ply spruce blades, and actually my son, who's the much better player, almost hates them - there's just too much high frequ. vibrations going on there. I only found few samples which I really liked....Waldner off 40 wasn't one of those, the older type and Dicon were much nicer and less disturbing vibrations - better feel IMO.

The infinity feels different from those classic spruce blades - as mentioned by some a little bit "hollow" but if one get's used to it and paired with dense, hard rubbers very good feel and touch IMO.
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2013 at 1:35pm
It has more kick than what it feels from mid distance but about looping feels as lacking some crispness.

Edited by ejmaster - 11/21/2013 at 2:44pm
EJ Club.

gatorling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatorling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2013 at 4:48pm
How does the Stiga Infinity V compare against Xiom Aria?
I'm using the Aria right now and like it very much (although it's a very easy to damage, seems like a slight nudge dents the very soft and fragile outer plies).

If it's essentially the same blade with better quality and durability I'll have to pick one up.
Forehand: Hurricane 3 Provincial #20 sponge
Backhand: Rakza 7 Max
Blade:    Xiom Aria
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2013 at 5:04pm
Aria is not like Infinity.
The Infinity burn spruce 2nd layer makes the blade feel different.
Aria feels more solid and faster.

Edited by ejmaster - 11/21/2013 at 5:06pm
EJ Club.

gatorling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatorling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2013 at 5:15pm
Thanks, sounds like Infinity would be a downgrade.
You know of any other blades that play like Aria but are more durable? Higher quality?

At the rate I'm going, I'll need a new Aria every 6 months or so. The top play is so fragile and I re-glue every two weeks or so.
Forehand: Hurricane 3 Provincial #20 sponge
Backhand: Rakza 7 Max
Blade:    Xiom Aria
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2013 at 5:35pm
Closer to an Aria is the stratus powerwood.
As solid and as fast as an Aria. Imo the stratpw a little more alive than the Aria.
EJ Club.

ztec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ztec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2013 at 9:50pm
How does the Infinity VPS compare to the Offensive NCT? Seems like a similar construction other than the burned layer vs non-burned. 

Your play will change your opinion of your equipment more than your equipment will change your opinion of your play.
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2013 at 8:05am
this looks like a thicker stiga offensive classic. Does this mean it is stiffer?

I too would be interested in a comparison with both OC and off wood nct. Mentioning hardness, flex, and speed.
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
SirSpinsalot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirSpinsalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2013 at 12:17am
I found this chart at http://www.yoger.com.cn/product/142161.html

There are reviews available too but in Chinese.  But you can use Google Chrome to translate it into other languages.

Some notable reviews and recommendations:

"You can open any of our gifted a network domestica floor, the floor had a whole series of pages domestica dimensional analysis chart, we can see from the figure seven strong sort of Ebony - Rose 7 - Maple 7 - Rose XO-VPS.
So we can see that there is a stalemate vps control play and play and Loop controlled play very good performance, but if the pursuit of violent attack, preferred or ebony 7."

"3, the structure is hard five folders, add a special surface coating increases the stiffness of the diamond.
4, integrated hardness should be harder than the CL softer than OC, suitable Loop running game, perfect control."

"Forehand, continuous attack is good, but need to feel good with this kind of board is still relatively hard board, power is good, but because of the VPS technology to join it, making this board has 2.7 folder flavor, eat the ball unlike ordinary five folders as comfortable, deformation small, but overall good, pull the power like a small ball of red and black carbon One king."

LethalForehand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LethalForehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2013 at 5:55am
I only had a short session with the infinity, because it was a factory-defective one, but have good experience with the off. wood. the latter feels much softer, much flexier and also a bit slower. The two blades are in different leagues  I think.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2013 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by LethalForehand LethalForehand wrote:

I only had a short session with the infinity, because it was a factory-defective one, but have good experience with the off. wood. the latter feels much softer, much flexier and also a bit slower. The two blades are in different leagues  I think.

What was the defect?

Just curious.
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2013 at 1:09pm
I just got my Infinity. I played a bit with it, but only against return board. Here are my first impressions (likely to change after real training):

[removed because misleading. See the review after training, a few posts below Tongue]

Edited by seguso - 01/03/2014 at 3:28am
puppy412 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puppy412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2013 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

I just got my Infinity. I played a bit with it, but only against return board. Here are my first impressions (likely to change after real training):

Note: I was coming from Offensive CR and Offensive wood nct. Rubbers: m1 max forehand; coppa x2 2.0 bh.

Speed: definitely slower than offensive CR. I'd say like offensive nct. Maybe even slower (as my offensive nct has lost the nct coating).

Flex: a lot. It does not feel stiffer than offensive wood nct and offensive CR, which I expected. Maybe just a bit. This is strange, because it is thicker than both blades. But when you play, it flexes a lot on power loops. Maybe a bit less in controlled loops.

hardness: not hard at all. a lot softer than offensive CR. as soft as my offensive wood nct (which has lost the nct coating). Probably even softer than the offensive classic.

Weight: 82 gr. My two offensive wood NCt are 78 and 83. My offensive CR wrb is almost 90.

in short, this seems like a slightly stiffer offensive wood nct, with equal speed and spin.

looks like the difference in speed is mostly because of weight difference.
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2013 at 1:26pm
and hardness. the cr feels harder. (my cr is also very flexible, it is 5.3 mm)

Edited by seguso - 12/31/2013 at 1:27pm
puppy412 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puppy412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2013 at 1:36pm

and hardness. the cr feels harder. (my cr is also very flexible, it is 5.3 mm)

it's also logical that a heavier blade is harder.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2013 at 2:06pm

hardness: not hard at all. a lot softer than offensive CR. as soft as my offensive wood nct (which has lost the nct coating). Probably even softer than the offensive classic.

on my test it very hard. I compared to Joola Viva and Korbel
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2013 at 3:22pm
The quality of Infinity to price is very nice. Compared to other blades that cost much more Infinity is a steal.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic