Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stiga Infinity V Blade Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2014 at 3:07pm
Update: after training, it turns out I was wrong about almost everything.  :) So I'll write it from scratch.

First of all, let me say what this blade is: this is a blade for aggressive receives. Especially in flip, it is incredible. It is also excellent in the short receive, and in powerloop at the table.

Stiffness: the stiga rating "almost stiff" is correct. It is definitely stiffer than Offensive CR and Offensive Wood NCT. (though not as stiff as clipper of course)

Hardness: it is as hard as offensive CR. That is, harder than offensive wood nct and offensive classic. But softer than Ebenholz, and much softer than koto variants (like pg2, pg3, pg13 etc).

Speed: it is definitely slower than offensive cr wrb. But definitely faster than offensive wood nct. Exactly inbetween I'd say.

To sum up, this is a stiffer and lighter offensive CR. Nothing more, nothing less.

The only problem of this blade for me is that it is 82 grams. As I use coppa x2 on backhand, the overall paddle is only 180 gr, which lacks gears and especially power in the first loop. But if I were to use a heavier rubber on bh, it would be perfect.

Edited by seguso - 01/02/2014 at 3:46pm
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
Sponsored Links

tabletennis11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2014 at 9:22pm
Nice second review, it always pays to give the equipment a good amount of use to wear it in before you get enough info to review it accurately. The second review is much more accurate of the infinity, a blade which we actually have a special deal coming out on for our FB fans and newsletter subscribers FYI ;)
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2014 at 9:36pm
@TT11: Now you've got me interested, whats the special deal?
smash_fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smash_fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2014 at 10:41pm
UPDATE: Tenergy 80 is definitely not the right rubber for this blade. Either 05, Chinese or something high-throw. Also I'd suggest a 05FX on BH.

---

I have to agree that the blade is quite unusual (but I think ultimately will be a keeper)... I've had it for a week now and played 4 full days (3-hours each) with it. I feel that I better understand its strengths/ weaknesses. Of course the limitation here is that is ONLY been a week and I have always felt it takes months to get fully adjusted to new equipment.

For background, I'm coming off a 5-ply wood 70g Butterfly Jonyer Hinoki that's considered OFF-. My Infinity weighs in at 76g and is Legend style flared. I'm using T80 on FH and T25FX on BH, the same 4-month old rubbers I moved over from my Jonyer. I play close to table style, which is the ONLY style this blade will suit, I believe.

While the craftsmanship is substantially better than the usual Stiga, (quite good in fact, but not as good as BTY), my initial impression playing with it was horrible... the blade and setup felt dead, weird mix of slow, then too fast shots on shots where you accelerated, and generally quite clumsy (despite being a 5.8mm thickness blade).
For those who care, I paid $70 from NYC local area dealer (who I am happy to recommend if you wish to PM request).

The thing with this blade that makes it weird is that there is very little flex (almost Clipper like in that regard), and the blade doesn't have any of the qualities of the new-generation blades such as the Boll ZLF or Innerforces, where you can really "feel" and use the materials to "massage" shots onto the table, and the multiple gears you can differentiate. The Infinity only has 2 gears: slow and fast. (But really do you need more?)

First day I played with it was really bad,... lost to players I can dominate. Just lots of misses over the table, into net, and then long when I was looping. The blade has a medium-LOW throw, which I will solve by switching to higher-throw rubbers (i.e., T05 on FH). When I finally adjusted to the lower throw by Day 2, I was finding the T25FX workable on BH but still suffering with the T80 on FH. However I was playing much better and less regretting my purchase. On Day 3, I was finally winning some 2000-level players, but it was all from the BH... the Infinity interestingly gives alot of power and explosion on high 3rd and 5th balls and 1-2 steps off the table, while still keeping a stable defense. Blocking was excellent, touch not as good as my Jonyer, but ball response was super-predictable and more precise which made up for that.
Still though, I am having problems opening flips on BH and FH heavy underspins that I could before open through somewhat reliably with my old blade.

I think the take-away is that the Infinity is strong for close to table, control, precision, and BH oriented play. I like it overall and think I understand why FZD would use this blade. He is using Chinese rubber on FH and more of a brush technique- both of which would solve my FH issues. (As a result I will switch to T05 on the FH for the higher throw as my FH technique is more driving than brushing). The really good thing about this blade is its overall weight balance, which seems to be more a factor for consistency and technical shot-making than the different gears provided by the new-gen blades.

I chose this blade for several reasons, but caution folk to not rush out and buy it. The new TBS it is not.
It is however super stable and predictable, and players over the table who don't need extra power should try it. Mid-distance players should stay away, and FH oriented players will find it a hit (if they are control oriented players who can generate their own power) or a miss (many will hate it). The blade produces average spins in my estimation, and thus serving is not enhanced, but again its very precise. It is of average (OFF-) speed, although my coach said he felt it was slower, more like All+. FWIW, the coach loved it, due to the weight balance (not being head heavy) and control - which he feels helps you to use the same stroke for offense and defense.

Also note that the head size is smaller than usual by a few millimeters. My BTY Jonyer is exactly the same size, and I much prefer this size, especially for over the table Play and its more quick/ aerodynamic? feeling when switching between FH and BH (including the grip).

Happy to answer any questions.

Edited by smash_fan - 01/06/2014 at 3:31pm
Blade: Hinoki Wood (now trying ZLF)
Rubbers: Tenergy 05 and 05FX
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2014 at 2:56am
Im thinking about getting it. Im planning to cover the gap between my Violin&Acoustic. I love my Violín specially on short game, but sometímes i feel ir lacks a bit power once yo step back a little. My acoustic is so light(79) but bits too bouncy with esn tensors on the bh and misses the great feeling of Violín. Both share terrible straight handles and even worse FL's.

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2014 at 4:18am
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

Im thinking about getting it. Im planning to cover the gap between my Violin&Acoustic. I love my Violín specially on short game, but sometímes i feel ir lacks a bit power once yo step back a little. My acoustic is so light(79) but bits too bouncy with esn tensors on the bh and misses the great feeling of Violín. Both share terrible straight handles and even worse FL's.

If you hate them so much, you should trade them for my Xiom Hayabusa Zxi in the sale section :)
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2014 at 9:39am
Originally posted by ashishsharmaait ashishsharmaait wrote:

If you hate them so much, you should trade them for my Xiom Hayabusa Zxi in the sale section :)

No way dudeLOL
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
smash_fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smash_fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2014 at 2:40pm

FYI the handle on the Infinity Legend is nice and thick, feels very comfortable and I didn't feel any wrist or hand pain that smaller size handles often cause me.
Blade: Hinoki Wood (now trying ZLF)
Rubbers: Tenergy 05 and 05FX
tabletennis11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2014 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by ashishsharmaait ashishsharmaait wrote:

@TT11: Now you've got me interested, whats the special deal?

We are releasing it in our newsletter soon and to our facebook fans, keep an eye out :)
zrrbiteDK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zrrbiteDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2014 at 10:04am
I was pretty excited about this blade, so i picked it up and i put YinHe Moon Pro (fh) and Adidas TenZone (bh) on it. To sum up my experience: Absolutely horrible. I was gutted! Ouch

I had been wanting to step down from 7-ply to something a tad slower now that i can't practice as much as i want to, and i felt like the Infinity was a great pick.

The summary:

Service: Excellent!
Short play: Excellent!
Chops: Excellent!

Blocks: Crap!
Loops: Crap!
Drives: Crap!

It felt like the blade was way too thin - You could tell by bouncing the ball on the rubbers (MAX in both cases); The sound was a pingy "DUK! DUK! DUK!". It worried me, but i thought it might be different during play.

The blade weighed 80g. We weighed about 5 or 6 and they ranged from 73g to 88g.

Arcs on loops were high to the extreme, and balls sometimes swirved through the air in a really strange manner. Now, i don't know if all this this weirdness can be chalked up to poor construction and finish by Stiga for that particular blade, and that i'd have a different experience with a heavier version but i'm not going to chance it because of my poor, depressing first impressions :(

Edited by zrrbiteDK - 01/04/2014 at 10:07am
Current:

Avalox BT777 / ? / ?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2014 at 10:55am
Originally posted by zrrbiteDK zrrbiteDK wrote:

The blade weighed 80g. We weighed about 5 or 6 and they ranged from 73g to 88g.

Arcs on loops were high to the extreme, and balls sometimes swirved through the air in a really strange manner. 

An 80g 5 Ply with relatively hard top and good flex will play like DUK DUK DUK DUK and swirving through the air.
...but this is neither a flexy, nor a hard top blade :(

king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2014 at 10:59pm

Thank you, Seguso.  A brilliant and succinct review. Clap  I trust your word.  You are "the Stiga OC(+variants) master" Smile

Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

Update: after training, it turns out I was wrong about almost everything.  :) So I'll write it from scratch.

First of all, let me say what this blade is: this is a blade for aggressive receives. Especially in flip, it is incredible. It is also excellent in the short receive, and in powerloop at the table.

Stiffness: the stiga rating "almost stiff" is correct. It is definitely stiffer than Offensive CR and Offensive Wood NCT. (though not as stiff as clipper of course)

Hardness: it is as hard as offensive CR. That is, harder than offensive wood nct and offensive classic. But softer than Ebenholz, and much softer than koto variants (like pg2, pg3, pg13 etc).

Speed: it is definitely slower than offensive cr wrb. But definitely faster than offensive wood nct. Exactly inbetween I'd say.

To sum up, this is a stiffer and lighter offensive CR. Nothing more, nothing less.

The only problem of this blade for me is that it is 82 grams. As I use coppa x2 on backhand, the overall paddle is only 180 gr, which lacks gears and especially power in the first loop. But if I were to use a heavier rubber on bh, it would be perfect.

Edited by king_pong - 01/04/2014 at 11:00pm
Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max
right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2014 at 10:55pm
I had an opportunity to try this blade and 1st thing i was very impressed with was the amount of dwell on this blade which added to the control factor however during poweloop's close to mid distance this was like total " no - no " - what essentially happened was my ball had a lot of spin when it left my paddle however by the time it landed at the opponent's end and bounced it almost lost all the juice Cry . This was noticed by not only me but a top player in my club ( USATT rated ~2350) who tried it for few days and felt the same however what this tells me is that if your receives set you up for 4th or 6th ball kill then this is definitely meant for you however in this modern game there are rally's involved and so i felt it lacked power in rally's with **** Normal off the market rubbers ***  . Mine weighed 83g i believe.
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2014 at 5:39pm
i decided to test again this blade

i bought an 82g with master handle

i find the blade very good, off- with very high trampoline effect and good feedback

i think this blade is more suitable for china rubber, or in general for rubber with low trampoline effect

spin very good, block a little bit difficult

the speed is not high, i found the blade slower than my avx p500 that has the same thickness  but heavier 87g

Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2014 at 6:30am
Im selling one with Calibra Tour M and S on it, its as new used for 1 training. Please look in FS section if interested :)
Blade: TB ALC
FH: Tenergy05 2.1
BH: Tenergy64 1.7
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2014 at 10:51am
I love this blade. Best wood blade I have tried so far. Stiga has managed to make a stiff blade from soft woods somehow.
I pretty much agree with everybody after yogi. 
The blade is stiff. Not medium. It is stiff. No vibration, great control. 
Hardness is difficult to describe. In short game it does not feel sharp like a koto or other hard outer ply blade. But also it does not bounce and kick like your usual limba blade. Short game is very good. But in medium power shots the blade has a very deep sink and then decent kick. I agree with carmelomaf that this blade is not good for jumpy rubbers like tenergy or BH or evo and the likes. There will be too much jumping and it will affect control. I had a sheet of xiom TOUR, which feels like a chinese rubber like all xiom rubbers, and it fit just perfectly on the FH. It became such a perfect combination.. it has power when you lean on it, and good touch in short game. Monster FH from afar. Brushing not that good. Same thing with regular Rhyzm on BH. Both rubbers are not jumpy and fit perfectly with this blade.

I love the craftsmanship. The top ply surface is outstanding, although I sealed mine with WB varnish (donic) anyway. The handle is slightly rough, which is my preference. I find smooth handles make my hands sweat. Some of rossleidy's blades feel like the handle is made of glass. Very sweaty hands. I love the feel and shape of the ST handle (shape is like that of ST clipper).

I love this blade and yet I don't know who to recommend it to. You have to have good strokes. Even though its made of 3 soft woods, the blade is not for soft, brushing, messing around game. It is also not a all-out killer like TB ZLC or ZJK SZLC. It is for confident and committed, but controlled loops, much like the real FZD plays. I don't know why people say his shots are powerfull.. his body is powerful, but FZD's game is hard but controlled looping and blocking. Not many recreational players have those strokes though. Most people under 2000 brush too much, and the kids with the lessons like the extra speed of composite blades.. But if you are a 'dropout'... or for some reason you developed good strokes but didn't have the time or resources to get high... I recommend this blade if you want a wood blade.
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
comodoensis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comodoensis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2014 at 1:46am
This is the only blade I settled on for the longest time (besides galaxy y-4, my first 'real' blade LoL) after frequently changing blades to find what suits me better. I've used it for a year, ends and slightly cures my silly EJing fever LoL

I've used clipper, adidas challenge speed, and some Sword blades (if it wasn't split into two pieces by accident, maybe I wouldn't changed to so many blades, including infinity LoL), and I found this blade is the most suitable for my 'strange' playstyle.

Paired it up with Xiom Tau (used to use chinese rubber such as H3 39++ degree, apollo 1, not very hard to adjust with this chinese-style rubber on heavy dose of steroids LoL), I feel like playing table tennis with a rifle's scope. I can make any ball placement where I want the ball to be. Good feel, though there's not enough vibration for me (I like blades that have vibration, it feels like it is the way the blade 'speaks' to me what I've done during every of my strokes). Conclusion : good touch, good control, almost enough feedback (for me, but I believe this blade has more than enough feedback for most people)

Speed : less speed is generated from brush looping (blades with clipper-like composition make brush looping has more pace than this blade, yet much effort is needed to make a spinny one), but not to worry, the spin is huge, I can say, tremendous enough to overwhelm your opponents with your vicious spin. Depends on what rubber you used, too. Tried it with Xiom Vega Pro which is way much softer than Tau, I think it still feels good. More pace on the ball off the blade, yet still producing beautiful shocking second kick on the opponent's table.

On loopdrive, the flex really helps producing spin. With both rubber (Tau and Vega pro) it produces deadly loopdrives. If used with chinese-style rubber, it produce nice arc and kick, though not blazing fast, the spin is tremendous enough to make a killer shot. With non tacky rubber, I feel it produces a very sharp arc and kick (but not that sharp that barely pass through the net, but still, sharp enough) with good speed close and away from table, and good spin to make great trouble during loopdrive-block exchange or loopdrive-loopdrive exchange.

Control shots are great. Sometimes when I got into out-of-position situation, I mostly slow loops (FH) or chops (BH). Slow loops sometimes give me free points because my opponents often misread how much is the spin LoL the chops are great, enable me to change the game's pace to make myself back into position.

Short game : very good. Pushes, flicks, drop shots are good; nice control with enough pace on flicks to make a shock to your opponent. Both brush-flick and flat-hit flick (dunno if this is a good/right kind of shot or not, but my friends and several coaches keep saying that my 'slapping flick' is some kind of my strange trademark move including my weird yet technically wrong hitting strokes that mostly enable me to make a dead ball effect with inverted rubber no matter what rubber I use LoL)

Close to table play, this blade is very dynamic. You can make the ball goes blazing fast, or slow, depends on what and how you want it. Steps backward away from the table, it feels a bit weak on speed department, though feels superior than several 5-ply allwood blades I've tried. I would say this blade is one of the spin demon blade. You must generate speed on your own, not by bigger portion of driving in every offensive strokes, but by faster body, hand and arm acceleration. I think this characteristics has been Stiga's trademark, and it is clearly shown more in this blade

P.S. : it is also chops, chop-blocks well, both with inverted (I don't know how I do it, I just did, and trying to change this behavior into more agressive counter-drive strokes :D) or pips-out rubber. I currently use double fish 820a with HRS sponge 2.0mm on backhand, it pushes, rolls, flips, and especially chops well despite the thick sponge I used.

Just my 2 cents :D sorry for necroposting :D

Edited by comodoensis - 08/11/2014 at 1:57am
Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2014 at 12:27pm
My latest pick up.

I will be doing my first training with this blade tomorrow but I was able to practice my serve earlier and here are my impression:
My previous blade is a Clipper CR. Compared to the Clipper, the feel of this blade is a little softer and slower but better overall feel. I was able to brush the ball more thinly with the Infinity making my serves spinnier. It is not as bouncy as the Clipper CR so I was able to keep my serves shorter as well. I also felt a lot more dwell time as the ball was not too eager to bounce of my racket.

Can't wait to train tomorrow. Smile
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2014 at 2:17pm
Infinity V will be a huge seller for Stiga. It's that good. Very crisp nice feel. Gear box is perfect.
                          My Top Three Picks:
Infinity V Diamond Touch
Clipper Series
Allround Classic

Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2014 at 11:52am
I did an hour and a half of training with the blade today. I have a sheet of H3 Neo black on my FH and Tenzone 2.0 red on my backhand. The Infinity has better control compared to the Clipper CR. Dwell time was also excellent, I can really load up shot with heavy spin. Serve receives are more precise.

I was expecting a slow bade based on the reviews I have read but this is not true. If you are a player who likes to lean on your shot and generate your own power, this blade can be fast. I did not get the chance to do any blocking today so I cannot comment on that yet. The Clipper CR is excellent on blocks I hope the Infinity can do well.

Will be training a bit more in the coming weeks. :)
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2014 at 6:50pm
Excellent review yogi_bear!
blackhole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2014 at 8:19pm
I just add a point to this thread that the blade is quite picky about rubber selection (as opposed to my previous blade NCT OC).

I have tried following:
FH
1. S1, MX-P (a total disaster but they worked well on NCT OC)
2. Bluefire M2 (Good if you are a pure looper and not hit or block much)
3. Barracuda (my current set up)

Possible ones that might work better:
 T05 (similar to M2 only when you do not hit or block much)
 Tibhar 5Q or EL-P

Any more suggestions?

BH
1. Barracuda (not bouncy enough, lack of power)
2. T64 (current set up)

I guess most people should be happy with a T05/T64 setup.

A monkey king waiting to capture tigers

Double happiness H301 (Penhold RPB style)

FH:Baracuda 2.0

BH:Baracuda 2.0

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2014 at 10:06pm
I'd go with EL-P or Tibhar 5Q VIP and Adidas P7 or Tenzone Ultra SF
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
blackhole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2014 at 10:58pm
Thanks for the advice. Are these options for the forehand? Some of them (like the Ultra SF) seems to be too soft for forehand?

On VPS, MX-P is simply too hard. I can handle Barracuda but it would be great if there is a similar rubber (high arc / spin, reasonable blocking/hit) a bit harder / faster than that.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2014 at 12:24am
ultra sf is not mushy, it's medium soft more like the hardness of P7
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2014 at 10:13am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

I'd go with EL-P or Tibhar 5Q VIP and Adidas P7 or Tenzone Ultra SF

I glued a max P7 black on FH and my old Tenzone 2.0 on BH. This setup plays like a dream! It is fast yet controllable. I somehow get a spring effect when I hit the ball a certain way. The feel is very addicting, it makes you want to play harder. Compared to my Clipper CR, the arc on the spin I get on P7 seems to dip sharper on the opponent side of the table. Although it is slower than the Clipper on similar power output, but the Infinity gives you the confidence to swing harder and stronger resulting in fast, powerful shots.
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2014 at 4:54am
Have someone tried it with Stiga Calibra LT?
blackhole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2015 at 8:02pm
Finally tried the P7 as the VPS FH. I can confirm it works very well on the blade. Hit, block, loop like a dream!

Currently testing 5Q for the BH and will see how it goes.

Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2015 at 3:12am
Has someone tried Infinity with T80? 
I find T05-FX bouncy especially on B/H.
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
blackhole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2015 at 3:58am
So far I found baracuda not bouncy enough. T64 bouncy enough yet controllable for me. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic