FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tenergy 80-FX coming...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tenergy 80-FX coming...
    Posted: 06/03/2013 at 8:53am
Not that it would have taken Nostradamus to predict this one, but I just noticed in the latest ITTF LARC report that Butterfly will be releasing Tenergy 80-FX...

Here's a link to the entire report, should anyone be intereted: http://www.ittf.com/stories/pictures/LARC_34.pdf

Sponsored Links

Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2013 at 9:09am
Other new rubbers of interest include:

Tibhar 5Q+

and the MAXXX series from Joola

Edited by Pondus - 06/03/2013 at 9:10am
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2013 at 9:18am
Bty needs to come up with a new sponge. MX or something. Reg can be a bit hard for BH, but the FX sponge is total crap. It's a totally different product, much lower quality. It is too soft and no throw. I need something that in hardness is between the reg and the FX. For now for BH i need to get the reg and tune it with just 1 layer to soften a little but i hate tunning cos its not consistent and make the rubber so heavy.
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2013 at 9:49am
I found T64-FX to be OK on the BH side, but it did have an overall "unstable" feel. T80 is great on the FH side for me, but I think T80-FX might be a sweet spot for the BH.

You should forward your opinion of the FX sponge to Zhang Jike - I'm sure he'd be interested to know his BH rubber is total crap.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
chopchopslam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopchopslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2013 at 9:50am
I don't really get the need for FX either. The reg Tenergy sponge is not a hard sponge at all IMO.
Butterfly Grubba Pro
Tenergy 80
National Team Pogo LP .6mm
Scorpnox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scorpnox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2013 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Pondus Pondus wrote:

Other new rubbers of interest include:

Tibhar 5Q+

and the MAXXX series from Joola

The 5Q + is the sound version I think. They will be for sale this month. There is also gonna be a 1Q sound
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2013 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Pondus Pondus wrote:

Not that it would have taken Nostradamus to predict this one, but I just noticed in the latest ITTF LARC report that Butterfly will be releasing Tenergy 80-FX...

Here's a link to the entire report, should anyone be intereted: http://www.ittf.com/stories/pictures/LARC_34.pdf

Nice! But I'm still waiting for SpinArt Soft.  BTY, I hope you're reading this.
hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2013 at 10:38am
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

Bty needs to come up with a new sponge. MX or something. Reg can be a bit hard for BH, but the FX sponge is total crap. It's a totally different product, much lower quality. It is too soft and no throw. I need something that in hardness is between the reg and the FX. For now for BH i need to get the reg and tune it with just 1 layer to soften a little but i hate tunning cos its not consistent and make the rubber so heavy.

I'm surprised they haven't come out with the EL sponge hardness for the entire Tenergy line.  They did it for Sriver, Sriver G2 and Sriver G3.

BTW, I love reading your comments.  There is rarely middle ground with you.  Things are either awesome or garbage.  Moreover it's not that it doesn't fit your game, it's just crap - completely ignoring that it might fit other people's game perfectly.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2013 at 11:06am

but the FX sponge is total crap. It's a totally different product, much lower quality. It is too soft and no throw.

Thanks for the advice.

I hope Kreanga and ZJK are reading this thread to get some valuable advice from you. They are 05FX users on BH. No wonder their BH is total crap compared to yours...

Next time you see Kai Zhang in a tournament in the US, ask him to ditch the FX sponge. His BH opening loops suck, don't they? He's only a 2650 relative to your rarified 3700 level.

Rahul_TT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahul_TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2013 at 11:10am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

but the FX sponge is total crap. It's a totally different product, much lower quality. It is too soft and no throw.

Thanks for the advice.

I hope Kreanga and ZJK are reading this thread to get some valuable advice from you. They are 05FX users on BH. No wonder their BH is total crap compared to yours...

Next time you see Kai Zhang in a tournament in the US, ask him to ditch the FX sponge. His BH opening loops suck, don't they? He's only a 2650 relative to your rarified 3700 level.

Slevin - it looks like all your equipment choices are based on what ZJK and Zhang Kai and other top players use. Interesting :)
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2013 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Rahul_TT Rahul_TT wrote:

Thanks for the advice.

Slevin - it looks like all your equipment choices are based on what ZJK and Zhang Kai and other top players use. Interesting :)

Not unless they're using T80 on a Qabod or ZLC on their BH Tongue

Rahul, I don't think you got my point. IMHO, Assiduous is trolling, for fun perhaps. He sees how others get worked up by his blanket statements and comes up with new ones. This is all fun but IMHO it reduces forum quality due to misinformation to some readers. Then a knucklehead like me tries to spend time to correct this and then wonder why he's getting all worked up for.

Here's an example of such a statement (emphasis is mine):

H2 is spiny compared to what? Exactly which rubber is less spiny than H2? No euro or jap rubber over $30 that I know of.. 

A couple more:

There is a reason why no Pros play with soft rubbers.
I'll bet you he knew this wasn't true when he wrote this.

My BH looks like that match where Kiril Skachkov beat Ma Lin with those drives down the line. Not so consistent but every bit as powerful. By the way, those drives cannot be done with M2, out of the question.

I like his (non-trolling) posts and think he brings value to this forum. But I certainly won't follow his steps. For example, I recently gave up on MX-P because I can't get the requisite sponge penetration on certain close-to-the-table strokes. I'd be trolling if I stated 'MX-P is crap' as if it was a gospel truth. It is a GREAT rubber. I suck at making it work well.

Edited by slevin - 06/03/2013 at 1:31pm
Rahul_TT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahul_TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2013 at 2:05pm

Not unless they're using T80 on a Qabod or ZLC on their BH Tongue

Rahul, I don't think you got my point. IMHO, Assiduous is trolling, for fun perhaps. He sees how others get worked up by his blanket statements and comes up with new ones. This is all fun but IMHO it reduces forum quality due to misinformation to some readers. Then a knucklehead like me tries to spend time to correct this and then wonder why he's getting all worked up for.

Here's an example of such a statement (emphasis is mine):
[QUOTE=assiduous]H2 is spiny compared to what? Exactly which rubber is less spiny than H2? No euro or jap rubber over $30 that I know of.. 

I see your point. When it becomes intentional misinformation, I am not for it. Neither am I for intentional trolling. 

Edited by Rahul_TT - 06/03/2013 at 2:06pm
DeIgado View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeIgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2013 at 2:06pm

Well I think that anyone with the starting letter of their username as an A is just completely terrible at table tennis. I mean come on, an A? How original is that, of course they are going to use the first letter of the alphabet because it's a vowel. Not only that but to follow it up with 2 S just to use the word ass in their name, how juvenile this is just terrible. No pro would ever use three total S and two u's, in their username. When I use these letters I like to use an L or an O, maybe skip out on the U's. 
Viscaria 86g T05 T05-fx
2059 and rising
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2013 at 2:56pm
No need to argue the shit boys
 so Tenergy 80FX is coming out, get your pre=orders in
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2013 at 3:06pm
this is a bit much today. As long as you can see that this is my post I don't have to put the prefix "it is my opinon that .."

I don't like the FX sponge. Is that better? Now sit down.
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2013 at 3:09pm
Assiduous doesn't troll on purpose, he's genuinely deluded
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2013 at 12:23am
Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

Assiduous doesn't troll on purpose, he's genuinely deluded

I'll drink to that.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2013 at 10:13pm
Almost half a year later, are we still to expect the Tenergy 80 FX, or was this info some kind of fluke? 
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2013 at 4:32am
Originally posted by smackman smackman wrote:

No need to argue the shit boys
 so Tenergy 80FX is coming out, get your pre=orders in
I am in coz i don't like T05FX on FH with its high throw but liked the FX sponge ; T80 FX would be something i would definitely consider on my FH ..
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2013 at 4:46am
It's on the LARC, so it's on the way.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2013 at 9:25am

this is a bit much today. As long as you can see that this is my post I don't have to put the prefix "it is my opinon that .."

I don't like the FX sponge. Is that better? Now sit down.

I don't much like it either, except under T25.
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2013 at 9:52am

I've talked with a few 2000 - 2200 players that tried T-80 and none of them liked it so I'm guessing the FX version won't be a good rubber either.

Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2013 at 10:34am
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

I've talked with a few 2000 - 2200 players that tried T-80 and none of them liked it so I'm guessing the FX version won't be a good rubber either.

They don't like it, or they don't like it better than T05?
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2013 at 10:51am
Clap

I'm looking fwd to T80FX.

I like both 05FX and 64FX as bh rubbers depending on the blade. And although I don't like reg T80 as much as T05 on the FH, I know it has characteristics of both 05 and 64... Something I would like to try in FX on my bh.

FX sponges also bring the weight of the overall setup down, which is important to me.

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2013 at 11:14am
Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

Clap

I like both 05FX and 64FX as bh rubbers depending on the blade. And although I don't like reg T80 as much as T05 on the FH, I know it has characteristics of both 05 and 64... Something I would like to try in FX on my bh.

FX sponges also bring the weight of the overall setup down, which is important to me.

Same here.  I think the FX sponges make great BH rubbers, and I'm looking forward to T80-FX.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2013 at 11:20am
05fx is great on the bh and I find it better there than any 64; 80 and 80fx are going to have a hard time replacing 05fx when it is already appreciated on the bh; maybe people who block and hit with that wing and want more control on receiving serves will prefer 80fx; but when it's about gently lifting up a short underspin serve over the table or opening close to the table, bh 05fx is superior and hard to beat.

jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2013 at 11:24am

Clap

That should work well on your New blade. Wink
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2013 at 11:30am
Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

Clap

That should work well on your New blade. Wink

T05-FX will be going on the bh of that blade! I need some T80-FX on my W7.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2013 at 11:31am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

05fx is great on the bh and I find it better there than any 64; 80 and 80fx are going to have a hard time replacing 05fx when it is already appreciated on the bh; maybe people who block and hit with that wing and want more control on receiving serves will prefer 80fx; but when it's about gently lifting up a short underspin serve over the table or opening close to the table, bh 05fx is superior and hard to beat.

Well, yes.  I like 05fx's easy openers, and I like 64fx's flatter trajectory and (IMO) better blocking.  You can probably see where I'm going with this...
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2013 at 1:19pm
mmmhhh let me guess...80fx has the best of 2 words? :)
what i feel is the ability to attack short serves with 05fx is hard to match while we can adapt to the harder to control blocks and drives. The advantage to be able to cancel right away one's serve advantage thanks to the spinnier topsheet justifies and outshines the loss of control on blocks and drives to which we can adjust. At equal cost and same speed i go for the spinnier topsheet.
80fx might be really good on bh for people with a strong fh loop so their bh serve and setup their fh faithfully. My fh is not that strong so i would choose 05fx on bh over 80fx to get a slightly higher return i can kill.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic