Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adidas Strike Carbon Blade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adidas Strike Carbon Blade
    Posted: 06/03/2013 at 9:49am

The new Adidas Strike Carbon Blade.
thickness: 6.7-6.9mm
speed: off+
plies: 5 (hinoki-carbon-?-carbon-hinoki)
weight: 90 grams
stiffness: hard

The new Strike blade is somewhat different from the the concept and purpose of the blades with rx carbon material because this was designed and built mainly for speed at the same time having some sort of control and softness on the feel. I think, in my opinion, Adidas designed this blade for players who want really fast blades and enjoy attacking with power shots in and out of the table. This is another high quality blade from Adidas and part of the Strike Series blade. The design in red is elegant and beautiful to look at. The blade itself has very good quality finish and the edges and neck are smooth.

This is only a 5 ply carbon blade. The carbon follows the the hinoki top layer of the blade. I don't have exactly the name of the carbon material used but it isn't like the RX carbon which is a carbon layer weaved with another high tech material. Adidas simply calls it "high powered carbon". The carbon layer is thinner in this blade as what i have observed.

I used several rubbers to test this blade. I used an Adidas Tenzone Ultra, Globe 999 national blue sponge and the new Stiga Tour H rubber. All of which are in max thickness. The previous Fibertec Power was already fast but some players wanted a faster blade so Adidas came up with this blade. It looks like its similar to the Fibertec extreme but it feels way different and is much faster.

Strengths:

1. very high speed - speedwise, this is the fastest Adidas blade in their inventory as of the moment. Comparing it to other known blades, this is faster than a primorac carbon, gergely, jun mizutani, black devil, etc. It is somewhat slower than a schlager carbon, sardius and an amultart.

2. good feel and some control - the hinoki top ply offers good feel. not as stiff or hard feel as a walnut or any other wood material but still rigid enough to provide more power to the shots. The "High Powered Carbon" material is really up to something because the speed was really fast. Surprisingly, the blade is very easy to adjust on its speed. I have to admit at first that my shots were going too long when i used the Stiga Calibra Tour H about 4-5 feet away from the table. It didn't took me long to adjust to the feel and impact of the ball on the blade and adjusted my strokes. It has some sort of a loud sound on impact. Not as noisy as a t-11 or black devil but still loud enough. Honestly, it feels like an Amultart but a bit softer and a notch slower with control.

3. smashing and countering blade - this is the main strength of the blade. more on power and speed and lesser in spin in terms of emphases. The Tenzone Ultra was like a whip when i was smashing balls with it. since this is a counter looper's blade, staying away from the table is rather easy because the power of your shots don't change much at that distance thanks to the blade's potential. 

4. spins good despite its speed - strong topspins strokes are still possible with the Strike Carbon. I recommend they use a medium or medium soft rubber if the want to spin more. The tenzone ultra was very good spinning with this, the calibra tour H despite the medium hard make-up was suprisingly spinny against a hard underspin serve made by my friend. The Tour H had a nice high arc when i looped with it. The globe 999 national blue sponge which i tuned and was like made softer was the best when looping at late contact and to a slower loop but packed with great spin. On faster and more powerful topspins the Tenzone Ultra was much better with this blade. 

Con:

1. feels a bit heavy - when using euro rubbers it feels a little heavy for my preference. it is not head heavy though. caution should be considered when you will use a chinese rubber on the other side. the average weight for this blade is 87 grams though maybe i just got the heavy one. 

i am greatly satisfied with this blade overall. it's somewhat a good alternative to other existing super fast blades from other products. Also, this blade is well suited to people who try out new things and always prioritize speed as the main component in choosing a blade. another great blade from Adidas and it is awesome.

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

igsstern View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igsstern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2013 at 11:54am
I noticed one point that should be corrected - thickness. It doesn't look like 6.1mm.
Wyo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2013 at 12:33pm
How is this blade different from the radix and express blades you tested earlier this year?
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2013 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by igsstern igsstern wrote:

I noticed one point that should be corrected - thickness. It doesn't look like 6.1mm.

Are you betting more or less than 6.1? looks around 6.1 to me. Plus all Hinoki carbon blades are about that thickness and all are almost identical in feel speed and play. Nothing new to be invented here, middle ply will be Kiri as it always is on a hinoki carbon blade

Edited by bluebucket - 06/03/2013 at 1:08pm
igsstern View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igsstern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2013 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

Originally posted by igsstern igsstern wrote:

Are you betting more or less than 6.1? looks around 6.1 to me. Plus all Hinoki carbon blades are about that thickness and all are almost identical in feel speed and play. Nothing new to be invented here

No, you have wrong information.

Butterfly Gergely : 6.9mm (actually 7.0mm)
Butterfly Primorac Carbon : 6.9 mm (actually 7.0mm)
Butterfly Sardius : 6.9mm (actually 7.0mm)
Butterfly Schlager : 7.3mm (actually 7.5mm)
Butterfly Schlager Light : 6.2mm

The thickness of adidas Strike Carbon is 6.9mm.

http://cafe.daum.net/hhtabletennis/ANvo/117
http://cafe.daum.net/hhtabletennis/6bww/309

I just wrote as "I noticed". But, in fact, I know the data very well. 6.1mm is no more than the mistyping of Yogi. Smile

Strike Carbon is the competitor of Butterfly Primorac Carbon. The construction looks similar to that of Primorac Carbon. But, if you carefully compare those two blades, you will notice some important differences.

[1] The center layer of Strike Carbon is a bit thicker than that of Primorac Carbon
[2] The carbon layer of Strike Carbon is thinner than that of Primorac Carbon

The "thinner" carbon layers means that its feeling will be softer than that of Primorac Carbon. And, in fact Strike Carbon is softer than Primorac Carbon when players attack with topspin. In the situation of hard smash, the softer feeling of Strike Carbon can be weak point when it is compared with Primorac Carbon. However, it will not be problem because Strike Carbon is also "fundamentally very fast" blade. When compared to ordinary blades, Strike Carbon is astonishingly fast.

The advantage of Strike Carbon is that it has the ability of all-round play by continuous topspin even though it is very hard and very fast blade. Strike Carbon is strongly recommended for the players who like very hard and very fast blade but who also want to frequently attack by topspin. For that kind of players, Strike Carbon will provide what Primorac Carbon can't provide in current table tennis. But, if the player want very hard & fast blade purely for hard smash, Primorac Carbon will be better.

igsstern View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igsstern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2013 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Wyo Wyo wrote:

How is this blade different from the radix and express blades you tested earlier this year?

What Yogi posted wasn't "radix and express".

The name of series is "radix", and "radix express" is one model in that series. Smile
Wyo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2013 at 2:08pm
Ok... Well is the difference between the impress, ultimate and express with this blade the rx carbon?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2013 at 7:30pm
sorry, it's 6.7.6.9 for me.  a bit sleepy when i posted thsi last night
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2013 at 7:49pm
wyo, the radix series ave a different carbon weaving. they have rx carbon including the hypertouch. the striek carbon has a different carbon layer which is faster

BarryB View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarryB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2013 at 8:36am
Yogi, all the blades you've recieved from Adidas last few months (e.g. the Hypertouch, the Radix serie, the Strike Carbon)...are they already for sale in Asia?
Any Asian online shops that sells them?

The Hypertouch which you reviewed 2 months ago isn't even available yet in Europe.

By the way... saw there are more Adidas blades coming up. Alpha, Strike 7 and Strike 5.

Still hoping for a similar blade to the Hypertouch with limba as outer ply.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2013 at 9:44am
the alpha is an all+ blade all wood, the strike 7 is a limba 7 ply allwood blade like the clipper. let me try to ask if when will these blades be available they were released last april

BarryB View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarryB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2013 at 10:24am

Released last april? Where? In Asia? I haven't found 1 Asian online table tennis shop that stocks those blades (e.g. Hypertouch, Radix serie, Strike serie).

In Europe those blades are not yet on the market.
Hypertouch was supposed to be released here on 31st of May but isn't available yet.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2013 at 8:13pm
in the wttc, the blades were on display in a booth. i need to ask first where the blades are available

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2013 at 10:32pm
FYI, the strike carbon is really doing well in Korea, for the past 4 months I think the sold about 6000 of these blades.. and in the first month of its release in China, about 3000 blades were sold. I think this is their fastest selling blade so far. A lot of people who have tested it says they like this over amultart or gergely alpha

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2013 at 10:39pm
and because of this, Adidas has shortage of Strike Carbons worldwide hehehe

liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2013 at 6:52pm
Nice review Yogi. Is there a cpen version of this?
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2013 at 10:45pm
Would love to try one of these blades!!
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2013 at 6:23am
there is a cpen version of this blade

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic