Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

My training video

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ninglei23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninglei23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My training video
    Posted: 06/07/2013 at 11:26am
Hello guys I just want to share my video and the things to improve my game thank you very much  
Yinhe V-14
FH:Xiom Vega Pro
BH:Donic Baracuda
Sponsored Links

decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2013 at 11:57am
so which one are you?
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
Rahul_TT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahul_TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2013 at 11:58am
^ +1
ninglei23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninglei23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2013 at 12:19pm
sorry :)) I am the kid wearing a blue t shirt
Yinhe V-14
bonggoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonggoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2013 at 12:19pm
I assume you are the white shirt guy base on your other video.

You have the bad habit of serving and freezing/watching. Check out what happens in 5:24. Compare what you are doing after you serve (you watch and stand in the corner) vs what your opponent was doing (he springs back to ready position).

Work on that first.

ninglei23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninglei23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2013 at 12:28pm
No I am the younger one ahhaa

Yinhe V-14
ninglei23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninglei23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2013 at 12:48pm
Any tips? :D
Yinhe V-14
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2013 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by ninglei23 ninglei23 wrote:

Any tips? :D
tell people which player is you at the beginning so a half page ian't wasted lol, I would just try and think forehand as when receiving serves your bat is on your backhand and after you serve you jump to the middle to do a backhand, but clearly you have a good forehand
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
Rahul_TT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahul_TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2013 at 4:12pm
I can make a tactical suggestion.

Your recieve and first 2-3 balls, you stand near the middle of the table. This might be because your bh push is better than your fh push or something else. I feel that if you change your recieve stand so that you stand more on the bh side, your will have to push fh more but you will be able to attack a whole lot more. I say this because clearly your fh is good. Its a problem in my game as well as i like to push bh but open fh. I need to stand so that in the beginning of the point, I play more fh so I should stand more to bh. 

You can try this. Every time I try it I play much more attacks and openers. Its just that I and just not used to it. But its my best recieve game when I receive more fh and open fh.
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2013 at 9:26pm
could you show us your grip? It doesn't look very orthodox at all...

I would advise you to spin the ball more, your hit/spin ratio is way too much for an inverted player IMO. Spin helps you to have a more consistent and stable game. Focus on producing and controlling the arc of your topspins (both BH and FH), it is an essential skill to learn. 

I like your footwork, you seem to move well around the table, and you recover after serve well. However, when you plant your feet, I don't feel enough springiness in your legs. You might want to consider doing more skipping and lots of sidejumps. Also do strength training for your legs to avoid injuries down the road.

You seem to use a lot of slappy wrist movement when looping. I would suggest that you limit the wrist movement to mostly one direction (i.e. along the plane of your stroke), for me it made my loop a lot more consistent.

I also don't quite like your body position when you're hitting BHs. To me your body way too low relative to your paddle. If you look at the top players with top BHs (ZJK, Ma Long, Timo Boll, Koki Niwa, etc...) most of them hit BHs with the paddle height around their chest level (yours is sometimes almost head level from the video). Also, be a bit more stable with your centre of gravity, you have way too much up-down movement which makes the stroke a bit inconsistent. Work on your BH play a bit more, it would bring wonders to your game. 
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
Whang View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2013 at 9:28pm
brad, saan to? gusto ko maglaro:|
Blade: Yasaka Gatien Extra (Penhold)

FH: DHS Hurricane 3 Neo (Black - 2.15mm - 41 deg)

BH: 729 Focus III Snipe (Red - 2.10mm - 42 deg)

Weight: 168.57g
ninglei23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninglei23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2013 at 10:18pm
Thank you guys :D
Yinhe V-14
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2013 at 11:40pm
i thing he just bends his hand in for that extra angle
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2013 at 12:16am
You are capable of a good forehand but you seem to step around to the backhand way too much. Also, you don't ever seem to receive or push with your forehand.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
silva7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silva7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2013 at 12:38am
i also find that your ready position when receiving serves to be a bit odd, it looks like you are trying to prepare yourself to BH push, also noticed your serves are mainly half long so easy to loop for higher level players. need to have a tighter serve. actually both of you are serving half long but your opponent does not take advantage of it and loop your serves.
i am very critical of serve and receive since that is the foundation of my game.
RSM Special Platinum T64
ninglei23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninglei23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2013 at 1:15am
About my ready position I am just more comfortable because with that position I could angle my wrist better 
Yinhe V-14
ninglei23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninglei23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2013 at 1:18am
And I just make my serves long because my opponent just push it back and my coach said if I serve long there is a big chance that the return could be long also
Yinhe V-14
tt4me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2013 at 1:26am
Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

You are capable
but inconsistent.  To many balls are hit into the net. 
 of a good forehand but you seem to step around to the backhand way too much.  Also, you don't ever seem to receive or push with your forehand.
Agree.  There is nothing wrong with pushing back a serve if you make a good push.  It is much better than hitting the ball into the net.

The blocking isn't very good.  To many balls are blocked very high.  Neither player closes their paddle properly to compensate for the incoming top spin.

My impression is that ninglei23 is trying too hard to impress for the video and is playing too aggressively beyond his true capabilities. I also agree with what blahness said,  too much hit and not enough spin.

Edited by tt4me - 06/08/2013 at 2:19am
ninglei23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninglei23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2013 at 2:15am
Nope I am not trying to impress anyone I did not even know that someone is recording my match 
Yinhe V-14
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2013 at 2:25am

Nope I am not trying to impress anyone I did not even know that someone is recording my match 

In a room of 3 people, how do you not notice a camera 10 feet away? Confused
ninglei23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninglei23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2013 at 2:31am
They just told me after the match that they recorded it.And I think that the person that Recorded this just wants to see the change on my new rubber that I bought to him
Yinhe V-14
DDreamer View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2013 at 3:01am
You look very good and you appear to have put a lot of work into your game. How old are you and how long have you been playing (my guess is that you have been playing 3-4 years)? You move well and I really like the way you are well down in your stance. Your backhand loop looks nice.

My guess is that you have improved fairly rapidly and it would appear that you have plenty of improvement still to come. Don't worry so much about your lack of consistency on your fast attacking shots. The technique is ok so just keep going for your shots and over the next 6 months or so your consistency will improve dramatically. 

The only technical criticism I would make is that sometimes on the latter half of your FH loop swing you only swing your arm and dont bring your right shoulder and weight forward. Your return of serve/short-push is a bit shaky. 

Overall very good and you are well on your way to becoming a strong player. Keep up the hard work! 
I know that faster equipment will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2013 at 3:46am

And I just make my serves long because my opponent just push it back and my coach said if I serve long there is a big chance that the return could be long also

Personally, I agree with you. I bring this theory more to the extreme. If an opponent cannot attack  my long serves strongly and consistently with good recovery, I would just serve long all game, with the occasional short serve to keep him on his toes. Long serves can be served with more spin variation than short serves, and it is close to impossible to push, for e.g. a topspin fast serve unless it's long pips.. anyway, with long serves you get straight into the rally, and if your opponent pushes the serves, just 3rd ball it as the incoming push would be long and slow and you would have all the time in the world to prepare your killer 3rd ball...Wink

Especially in the lower levels, a quality long serve is much more lethal than a quality short serve. Imagine fast long serves at all sorts of angles, and with all sorts of spin (no-spin, pure underspin, side-under, side-top, reverse side-under, reverse-side-top). Aim it to the white lines for more effect. It drives most of my opponents crazy trying to return them... :)
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
ninglei23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninglei23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2013 at 4:45am
I have been playing for 2 yrs now :D thank you will do it sir thanks

Edited by ninglei23 - 06/08/2013 at 4:46am
Yinhe V-14
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic