FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

New ....Joola Maxxx Series

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 6:10pm
can we have a video of your play today? I am eager to discover you bh snap over the table when opponent is badly inspired serving light underspin or pushing too high.
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 8:39pm
never liked their blades though the new falcon fast plus seem an ebenholz copy with ebony and spruce layers. rhyzm is a very good rubber and its very durable
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
shay2be View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shay2be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 9:52pm
Fatt
Do you want to see NextLevel's backhand?
Maybe NextLevel can post a match between me and him
We are practice partners and are around the same level

Timo Boll ZLC
Xiom Vega Japan
Tenergy 80 - FX
Rating: 2065
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by shay2be shay2be wrote:

Fatt

yes please
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 10:26pm

Fatt

Nah, you're too young and you loop - I do well against the old non-loopers.  So I am posting two videos of me playing old, non-loopers. Wink  Including the legendary Mark Berg!  None of the videos will be recent because my most recent videos don't show my new spin game which I only acquired in the last two weeks and my most recent videos are much older than that.

Edited by NextLevel - 07/30/2013 at 10:28pm
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
shay2be View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shay2be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 10:33pm
Ok
Nextlevel, you coming to the club tomorrow or thursday?
Lets film one of our club matches!
Mark Berg is not so legendary anymore btw
Ill try to block more!!!
Shay
Timo Boll ZLC
Xiom Vega Japan
Tenergy 80 - FX
Rating: 2065
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by cmetsbeltran15 cmetsbeltran15 wrote:

To be fair to decoi, nobody actually uses Joola blades, but their rubbers are very good.

Interresting, my name is "nobody" and we are quite a bunch of "nobody" around here...Smile
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by jcdi jcdi wrote:

To be fair to decoi, nobody actually uses Joola blades, but their rubbers are very good.

Interresting, my name is "nobody" and we are quite a bunch of "nobody" around here...Smile
hey bro good to see you; it is interesting that people in USA do not know Terence Hill; "My Name is Nobody" was probably the movie I liked to re-watch the most when I was around 15 years old. I thought because of Henry Fonda it would be a movie that american people our age know but...no.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 10:51pm

Ok
Nextlevel, you coming to the club tomorrow or thursday?
Lets film one of our club matches!
Mark Berg is not so legendary anymore btw
Ill try to block more!!!
Shay

Dress up as Santa Claus - then you may have a chance.  I should be in the club tomorrow.

Berg is still a legend.  Get old and you will understand why.

Edited by NextLevel - 07/30/2013 at 10:54pm
Cybershape Carbon
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 10:53pm
The videos are on this thread.

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61966&PN=1#736968

Time to get back to discussing Joola Maxxx.  What is the price of this rubber?  As a faithful user of Rhyzm, is anyone going to send me a sheet to review?  I mean, what does loyalty get you these days?

Edited by NextLevel - 07/30/2013 at 10:55pm
Cybershape Carbon
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2013 at 5:22am
haha already the 2nd page even there is not a single review

Concerning the Maxxx rubbers they seem to be followers from the Rhyzm rubbers so as I found the Rhyzm excellent rubbers I would be surprised (even if it is not impossible) if the Maxxx rubbers would not be at least as good as Rhyzm rubbers. That does not mean that they will bring some kind of revolution or whatever.

Concerning marketing it was very quiet for the Rhyzm rubbers, maybe too quite compared to the quality of the product. They realized they had great success (at least in Germany, not so much in France yet) and were confident to present the next rubbers as "awesome" rubbers or whatever.

Small off-topic again:

In France and Germany their rubbers are quite popular and many players use them. The blades are less used but only because people don't try them. Most people who finally decide to try actually enjoy them. Rossi Emotion is extremely popular in France right now. It's an excellent blade that's definitely more than worth a shot. Fever, Wing Fast, Wing Passion Fast are also great blades. The problem in the US is that the prices for Joola Blades are extremely expensive so that's not very attractive. In Europe they are quite cheap or at least decent.
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2013 at 5:30am
And they have excellent ergonomic shoes (Rally). Sole is the same as Tibhar's but the comfort is quite different.
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2013 at 11:26am
their blades are just as cheap as donic but have nicer finish. Certainly better than Stiga. Joola Wing is a popular blade in all of its variations. 
They are really competitive in the wood blades world.
However when it comes to carbon blades i don't trust anyone other than Butterfly. Sadly. 
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2013 at 11:37am
I agree with you on Carbon Butterfly blades which are very difficult (almost impossible?) to beat. But Joola Fever is a great blade even if it's not as good as the Maze off.

Did you ever try the Rossi Emotion? Quite unique Hinoki-carbon blade, not too thick, with a very thin carbon layer that comes as the 3rd ply. I don't think that Butterfly has anything comparable to this one. Most of their hinoki-carbon blades, even though they have amazing feel, are crazy speed monsters while the Emotion is a very controlled off blade. The KLS would be the closest to the Emotion but it's stiffer, has less dwell and control without being much faster.

You should try it!
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2013 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

hey bro good to see you; it is interesting that people in USA do not know Terence Hill; "My Name is Nobody" was probably the movie I liked to re-watch the most when I was around 15 years old. I thought because of Henry Fonda it would be a movie that american people our age know but...no.

LOL...but most european people do know about Terence Hill...and even Bud Spencer...good observation
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2013 at 12:52pm
Joola blades are ok...their best blades were made up until the 90s...now most of them are made in China.  Rubber wise...they are aware of the issues...so they try their best from esn and japanese company that makes nittaku and stiga rubbers....rhyzm is a nice rubber, good for counter, driving, flat hitting, blocking and short game...but it is the least spinny and worst to open against heavy underspin then all the newest esn generation rubbers...all depends on the style...but i have not seen any player over 2600 be happy with Rhyzm especially on the forehand.

Edited by emihet - 08/12/2013 at 3:23am
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2013 at 1:03pm
I play with the eagle carbon blade at the moment and really like it, pretty fast, good touch for a quick blade and light. Which pretty well ticks all the boxes for me. The fever is good mind and used to be one of my old blades along with the rosi force. I have a sheet of Maxxx 500 coming to me so I'll shove it on my blade and give some feed back. Hopefully it is as good as the Rhyzm which i use at the moment.
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2013 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Vardant Vardant wrote:

Joola has some kind of a promotion over here, two sheets for the price of one, so the 500 and 450 is on the way Thumbs Up

Otherwise, they go for roughly $40.

Where can you get this promotion? Thanks!
Vardant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vardant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2013 at 1:35pm
Unfortunately the shop doesn't ship abroad.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2013 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by emihet emihet wrote:

Joola blades are ok...they best blades were made up until the 90s...now most of them are made in China.  Rubber wise...they are aware of the issues...so they try their best from esn and japanese company that makes nittaku and stiga rubbers....rhyzm is a nice rubber, good for counter, driving, flat hitting, blocking and short game...but it is the least spinny and worst to open against heavy underspin then all the newest esn generation rubbers...all depends on the style...but i have not seen any player over 2600 be happy with Rhyzm especially on the forehand.
I can see why someone who likes Tenergy 05 or Bluefire or Evolution would not like Rhyzm, but I can't see why anyone who likes Calibra or any of the rubbers without extreme throw wouldn't be pleased with it.  It is in the realm of Tenergy 64 when it comes to spin unless I am missing something basic.

Edited by NextLevel - 07/31/2013 at 1:45pm
Cybershape Carbon
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2013 at 8:03pm
Maxxx 500 sheet arrived today. The Top sheet is pretty similar to rhyzm maybe a tiny bit more grip, which hopefully means good bite and touch. The sponge is orange and very porous,. I've popped a few quick photo's below. I glued it on to my eagle carbon blade and will have a hit tomorrow.

AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2013 at 9:00am
anyone have an update yet on how the new MaXXX rubbers play? I hope they have a little more spin than the Rhyzm rubbers.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2013 at 12:19pm
more spin is easy but will mess up the nice intuitive flight path
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2013 at 7:30am
i tested the 500 in max and the 450 in 2.0mm yesterday on a virtuoso + and compared with quire old mx-p and blufire jp01

Te joola rubbers are very good, very good spin and control comparable with mx-p, bluefire and rasant

the rubber is complete made in germany, at least written on the topsheet 

difficult to say for me if are better or worse than other new generation rubbers

the price is cheaper , in germany 3 or 4 euro cheaper than rasantand bluefire

Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2013 at 8:55am
Been testing 500 Max for just over a week now on an eagle carbon blade. Here are some of my findings. I normally use Rhyzm 2.0 on both sides.

The good for me....

The Maxxx is really rather good in open play slightly away from the table. Spin is good, as well as control when counter looping. Found Blocking to be ok as well as driving. Smashing both backspin and topspin ball are clean and crisp. The rubber is fast but does have grip.

The Bad for me

I am used to more control on service and return which is where Maxxx fails for me. Touching a serve back did tend to stick up slightly also looping the first ball at the table sometimes had some unpredictable results. With the Rhyzm rubber I have touch and bite which I thought were missing a bit on the Maxxx for me.

Overall.

I think this rubber will suit

Players playing away from the table

Speed is great but there is some compromise on control in the short game and touch on block.

Benigma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2013 at 11:47pm
Whats the throw like, and is it any faster than Rhyzm? And is the sponge as hard as Joola claim it to be?
Vardant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vardant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2013 at 3:47am
I'd say the throw is medium, medium-high, the sponge on the 450 didn't seem that hard to me, but I'm used to playing with Skyline 2 Neo on the BH, so go figure. Speedwise, I'm just extrapolating from the ttDB numbers, because I haven't played with Rhyzm, but pretty similar I guess.
straits85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote straits85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2013 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

In Europe we know Terence Hill but also the story of Ulysse and the Cyclops.
"The Illiade and the Odyssey" is more famous than "My Name is Nobody", no ?
straits85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote straits85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2013 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by ttping85 ttping85 wrote:

Small off-topic again:

In France and Germany their rubbers are quite popular and many players use them. The blades are less used but only because people don't try them. Most people who finally decide to try actually enjoy them. Rossi Emotion is extremely popular in France right now. It's an excellent blade that's definitely more than worth a shot. Fever, Wing Fast, Wing Passion Fast are also great blades. The problem in the US is that the prices for Joola Blades are extremely expensive so that's not very attractive. In Europe they are quite cheap or at least decent.

I agree.
I played with Rossi Emotion, Force, Markovic. They are all fantastic composite blades.
Bomb Fast is really amazing.
MC1, Kool are simply incredibly fast and... cool.
And for defense, Chen Weixing is as good as BTY JSH.

Regarding rubbers, Maxxx will be my next test as I found that Rhyzm was a really good surprise.
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2013 at 6:01pm
I tried Maxxx 400 and Maxxx 450. The feel is quite different from Rhyzm because the topsheet is way softer. Speed and spin wise is similar enough to the point where it does not matter except if you prefer softer or harder topsheet to generate spin. 

Except the feel the other difference is that the Maxxx rubbers felt bouncier but less consistent and less powerful than the Rhyzm rubbers. 

For those who prefer a softer topsheet and easy speed compared to Rhyzm? Maxxx is a good choice but for those who prefer harder topsheet, more consistency and power better to stay with Rhyzm. If you are in between both chose the sponge hardness that you feel most comfortable with. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic