FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

New ....Joola Maxxx Series

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2013 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by straits85 straits85 wrote:

Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Originally posted by jcdi jcdi wrote:

Originally posted by cmetsbeltran15 cmetsbeltran15 wrote:

To be fair to decoi, nobody actually uses Joola blades, but their rubbers are very good.

Interresting, my name is "nobody" and we are quite a bunch of "nobody" around here...Smile
hey bro good to see you; it is interesting that people in USA do not know Terence Hill; "My Name is Nobody" was probably the movie I liked to re-watch the most when I was around 15 years old. I thought because of Henry Fonda it would be a movie that american people our age know but...no.

In Europe we know Terence Hill but also the story of Ulysse and the Cyclops.
"The Illiade and the Odyssey" is more famous than "My Name is Nobody", no ?
if you like Homere's "Odyssee" and enjoy American movies you need to watch "O Brother, Where Art Thou". It is going fast; it is hilarious and so well done from start to finish; great music too; one of my top 10 american movies.
Sponsored Links

assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2013 at 11:41am
Originally posted by ttping85 ttping85 wrote:

I tried Maxxx 400 and Maxxx 450. The feel is quite different from Rhyzm because the topsheet is way softer. Speed and spin wise is similar enough to the point where it does not matter except if you prefer softer or harder topsheet to generate spin. 

Except the feel the other difference is that the Maxxx rubbers felt bouncier but less consistent and less powerful than the Rhyzm rubbers. 

For those who prefer a softer topsheet and easy speed compared to Rhyzm? Maxxx is a good choice but for those who prefer harder topsheet, more consistency and power better to stay with Rhyzm. If you are in between both chose the sponge hardness that you feel most comfortable with. 

I agree with all of the above, except the power. I played with 500 though. It is DEFINITELY more powerful than Rhyzm. More spiny as well. Very jumpy. 

Maxx has nothing in common with Rhyzm. Feel, spin, trajectory, everything is different. It is very close to Bluefire and Evolution. Another flavor of those fast, spiny, jumpy rubbers. Has nothing unique at all. Don't get me wrong, it is a high quality rubber, but if u never play it u never missed anything. 

They main shortcoming with respect to Rhyzm is the control. Rhyzm will land the ball from any point of the room. I don't understand how it works, but the ball just goes where you swing. All of those jumpy rubbers they go UP, and eventually down, but that makes for a difficult calculation when away from the table. With Rhyzm you just swing forward as hard as you can, and put just a little BEND to clear the net and you will make it. Rhyzm truly is an amazing rubber when it comes to consistency. I don't even know what to compare it with.
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2013 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by emihet emihet wrote:

Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Originally posted by jcdi jcdi wrote:

Originally posted by cmetsbeltran15 cmetsbeltran15 wrote:

To be fair to decoi, nobody actually uses Joola blades, but their rubbers are very good.

Interresting, my name is "nobody" and we are quite a bunch of "nobody" around here...Smile
hey bro good to see you; it is interesting that people in USA do not know Terence Hill; "My Name is Nobody" was probably the movie I liked to re-watch the most when I was around 15 years old. I thought because of Henry Fonda it would be a movie that american people our age know but...no.

LOL...but most european people do know about Terence Hill...and even Bud Spencer...good observation

Great movie! But everybody should watch They Call Me Trinity and its followup!
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2013 at 12:17pm
no comparison with joola x-plode? x-plode is widely used at very high level in my country. It is a fast, medium-soft, medium-low throw, fairly spin insensitive rubber. with poor spin I'd say (easy to counterloop)..
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
BMonkey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2013 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

no comparison with joola x-plode? x-plode is widely used at very high level in my country. It is a fast, medium-soft, medium-low throw, fairly spin insensitive rubber. with poor spin I'd say (easy to counterloop)..
Poor spin? Really? Maybe the stroke doesn't suit the rubber. X-plode is one of the most popular choices in my home club.
DHSHurricane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHSHurricane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2013 at 4:10pm
Rhyzm is awesome. I play with max and 2.0. I switched from H3 on my forehand and I never played better. fair, hard sponge and a decent topsheet. not too fast as the Stiga rubbers, and very much control. not too expensive. I get a sheet for €32, seeing tenergy is an outdated rubber and costs €57 here
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2013 at 4:16pm
x-plode was popular in my club as well before Rhyzm came up. The club owner (currently 2300) used x-plode and switched to Rhyzm and every single Joola user followed him to the extent that he doesn't even carry xplode any more (hes a joola dealer too).

X-plode is between Maxx and Rhyzm on the scale where Maxx has superior speed and spin but Rhyzm has superior control. 

However I still think that Maxx is closer to Evolution and Bluefire in feel and behavior, and X-plode is closer to Rhyzm. Maxx is rubber where you want to win the point with a crushing blow, where the speed and spin are overwhelming. Rhyzm is a rubber that is best used for winning points with consistence. Actually one of the shortages of the natural predictable path of Rhyzm is that my opponents come up with phenomenal blocks too often. It is intuitive for them as well. 
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
mg View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2013 at 5:10pm
No way xplode is a medium-soft rubber, rather medium- hard, the sensitive version is rather soft, I didn't like it.
My feedback:

http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47297&title=mg-feedback
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2013 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by mg mg wrote:

No way xplode is a medium-soft rubber, rather medium- hard, the sensitive version is rather soft, I didn't like it.

The older joola rubbers (express, xplode) all have lower-grip topsheets IMO (when compared to the lastest ESN generation).  The spin was there if you had a nice, clean technique to use the sponge mechanically.  I lack that - sounds like a lot of effort - and I prefer the new gen for ease of use in a spin-type game.

Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

However I still think that Maxx is closer to Evolution and Bluefire in feel and behavior, and X-plode is closer to Rhyzm. Maxx is rubber where you want to win the point with a crushing blow, where the speed and spin are overwhelming. Rhyzm is a rubber that is best used for winning points with consistence. Actually one of the shortages of the natural predictable path of Rhyzm is that my opponents come up with phenomenal blocks too often. It is intuitive for them as well. 

You make Maxx sound like last year's overly boosted (smelly) ESN stuff (Bluefire M, Evolution), and Rhyzm sound like this year's (Bluefire JP, Tenzone Ultra).  Is there a booster smell on Rhyzm or Maxx?
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2013 at 5:57pm
I don't know what people mean by that. All decent rubbers smell the same to me. I think in my first year when I spent 1000 on chinese rubbers I noticed some of those had a strong smell on something, but nothing that costs more than $40 smells weird to me.

I think soft topsheet is a recipe for poor control. I don't even want to try rubbers from now on that have soft topsheet. It will be spinny as hell but for me its more important to put it on the table every time. 

Of the rubbers with crazy spin and high throw Tenergy and Tenzone have the best control. Bluefire, Evolution and now Maxx are definitely with inferior control, although if you tell me one is spinier than the other i wont argue with you. 

Rhyzm should not be compared to any of the above. I can recommend Rhyzm to every Sriver Die-Hard out there. THOU SHALL NOT LOSE CONTROL! You will gain on every measurable metric if you switch from Sriver to Rhyzm. 
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2013 at 6:19pm
yep Rhyzm is an outstanding rubber while Maxxx is a good rubber but nothing amazing. But it definitely has the specificity of a very soft topsheet, softer than Bluefire, Rasant or Evolution.
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2013 at 12:42am

Rhyzm should not be compared to any of the above. I can recommend Rhyzm to every Sriver Die-Hard out there. THOU SHALL NOT LOSE CONTROL! You will gain on every measurable metric if you switch from Sriver to Rhyzm. 

You lose on one metric - weight.  That is the main reason I do not use Rhyzm today.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHSHurricane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2013 at 1:43am
Rhyzm wins for me on weight. Heavy shouldn't always be considered negative. just personal preference. 
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2013 at 10:12am
i don't remember the weight of the old rubbers but Rhyzm is lighter than tenergy and tenzone for sure. 

Hey, DHS, the best player in out club has identical setup as yours, but his Mazunov is a very old anatomic handle one, and the entire periphery of the blade is chipped from hitting the table. Ugly as hell but doesn't seem to affect his game much. 
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2013 at 10:34am
last night I played two matches with Maxx on my FH instead of Rhyzm and the reliability of my FH went down the toilet. Occasional spectacular drives were drowned in misses by an inch or catching the net. The topsheet creates a completely different feel than Rhyzm and I got to hate it. After my last match with a high 1900 where i lost 12-10 in game 5 and all 12 lost points were on FH I just ripped the rubber off the blade and swore never to use it again. Hit me up if u want a great deal on virtually new black Maxx 500 Max

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHSHurricane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2013 at 11:27am
@assi

he is a Lucky man! Mine is fresh I am still looking for an old One. Mine is Just 102 grams. In soms way I dont deel the difference with 85 blade, It has a good balance. Does he boost his rhyzms? I die and It added an extra feel (feedback, vibration) and a deeper corking clickLOL 

I am thinking about setting up a rhyzm fan club;)

good luck to anybody who is going to play tonight!

kits11326 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kits11326 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2013 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by ttping85 ttping85 wrote:

Originally posted by decoi decoi wrote:

IMO Joola looks like a dying company

Explanation?

i guess it's a different story in my place, in our club almost every player use
Joola Rubbers, and maybe 50% butterfly blade users.
and during tournaments, with at least a thousand participants, 70% of the players
use Joola rubber..  Maybe in your place, joola products
may not be readily available?Smile
Blade: Butterfly Timo Boll T5000

FH: Red 2.0mm   Joola Energy Xtra

BH: Black 1.8mm Donic Baxter F1A

buy at:
http://www.iruiru.com/e/
you will never go wrong with their equip
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2014 at 8:10am
is anybody tried Maxxx - P? What it's looks like?
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2014 at 9:12am
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

I haven't seen it in the flesh, but I am surprised that MAXX-P has a 42.5deg sponge. I thought it would be harder. I'll ask our Joola-sponsored club members about it when I see them next.

Rhyzm-P is 45deg.
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2014 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

I haven't seen it in the flesh, but I am surprised that MAXX-P has a 42.5deg sponge. I thought it would be harder. I'll ask our Joola-sponsored club members about it when I see them next.

Rhyzm-P is 45deg.

Interesting. Maybe they developed one new sponge and a new topsheet for each series?
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2014 at 3:15pm

I don't know what people mean by that. All decent rubbers smell the same to me.

OK, finally returning to this issue after many months. I know sid, myself, and most of the TT world have been suffering from sleepless nights and extreme anxiety attacks because we are all desperate to know - what do Rhyzm and Maxx smell like?

Well, worry no more. I have put my hand into my own pocket and bought sheets of Rhyzm 425 and Maxx 400. An expensive way of answering this question, you may think. But the price pales in comparison when you think about the cost of all those therapy sessions we've all needed to try and get past our need to know about Teh Smellzzzz.

So...

Rhyzm doesn't smell of anything much. Just smells of rubber. Like Tenzone Ultra.

Maxx smells (quite strongly) of the booster used in the original Bluefire M range (1,2,3), and Vega Japan.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2014 at 4:21pm
way to go!!! andy rocks !!!

729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2014 at 8:50pm

last night I played two matches with Maxx on my FH instead of Rhyzm and the reliability of my FH went down the toilet. Occasional spectacular drives were drowned in misses by an inch or catching the net. The topsheet creates a completely different feel than Rhyzm and I got to hate it. After my last match with a high 1900 where i lost 12-10 in game 5 and all 12 lost points were on FH I just ripped the rubber off the blade and swore never to use it again. Hit me up if u want a great deal on virtually new black Maxx 500 Max

do you hit more through the sponge? rhyzm is easier to use for drives. maxxx 500 behaves like some sort of non tacky chinese rubber that is hard.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2014 at 9:56am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

I don't know what people mean by that. All decent rubbers smell the same to me.

OK, finally returning to this issue after many months. I know sid, myself, and most of the TT world have been suffering from sleepless nights and extreme anxiety attacks because we are all desperate to know - what do Rhyzm and Maxx smell like?

Well, worry no more. I have put my hand into my own pocket and bought sheets of Rhyzm 425 and Maxx 400. An expensive way of answering this question, you may think. But the price pales in comparison when you think about the cost of all those therapy sessions we've all needed to try and get past our need to know about Teh Smellzzzz.

So...

Rhyzm doesn't smell of anything much. Just smells of rubber. Like Tenzone Ultra.

Maxx smells (quite strongly) of the booster used in the original Bluefire M range (1,2,3), and Vega Japan.

it is strange coz the maxxx 450 i received in augustus 2013 smells anything.
and it was a "non to sell" version.
https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2014 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Boss1703 Boss1703 wrote:

it is strange coz the maxxx 450 i received in augustus 2013 smells anything.and it was a "non to sell" version.

Nooooooooo. This is the heart of darkness! No more uncertainty! I can't cope with it.

Ahem.

Anyway, this is the regular, off-the-shelf Maxx 400, and it definitely smells of Dat Tuner. Maybe the 450 is different? Maybe yours was a pre-release, untuned one?
FlatHitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlatHitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2015 at 11:12am
Im testing maxxx-p tonight after spending a year with rhyzm 375...I have 2 training sessions under my belt, tonight is "match play"..so far, press like!Big smile
If your phone is'nt ringing, it's probably me...
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2015 at 11:55am
Ah, Who gave you the shovel!

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
berkeleydoctor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2015 at 2:46pm
so hijacking this thread alittle, any comparison between rhyzm and rasant grip? thinking of it on my backhand
FlatHitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlatHitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2015 at 11:54am
Well..first, rhyzm375 is a very good rubber. I spent a year or more, approx. 4 sheets worth and a lot of hours training with it. maxxx-p is also a very good rubber, not better, but a little different...first, it can spin the ball away from the table with a lot more force, 42.5 degree sponge vs. 37.5.. the "dip" at the end of the loop arch is a lot sharper, the balls land on the table. my favorite shot, is  now improved...my flat hits are a fair amount quicker, and a lot lower to the net, the rubber grips the ball better! that, is a fact..serves are about the same although, I got a few more "double bouncers" with maxxx-p because of the extra grip and maybe, the harder sponge...service returns..flips..all good, perhaps a little better with maxx...loops against backspin..I sent a few long, a small adjustment will be needed. the ones that landed got blasted fairly easy unless, it was placed better. A faster brush stroke will do it,this rubber has a lot of grip!
To get the bottom line..if you are using the polyball, I dont think there is another rubber on the market that will be any better than maxxx-p...I have used butterfly TO5,.. maxx-p, has more grip, speed around the same when looping...I will be using this rubber untill the nationals in december...Wink
If your phone is'nt ringing, it's probably me...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic