Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ittf ball release

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ittf ball release
    Posted: 06/28/2013 at 12:12pm
I just got this email. If its already been posted, please delete it for me.

On Friday, June 28, 2013, equipment ittf wrote:
Message from the ITTF President to Manufacturers of ITTF Approved Equipment

Dear Friends,

This official message is to update you with regard to the plastic balls to eventually replace the celluloid balls. There are a couple of issues to explain, but in general all is on track and we do not see any problems in using the new plastic balls once they are approved for the established date of 1 July 2014 as planned.

1. Manufacturing

1.1 There is now the possibility of having two types of plastic balls: a) seamless; and b) with seam.

1.2 The seamless balls are being manufactured in a factory in Guangzhou, let's call it "Co.X", according to a new manufacturing process and a new technology with specially designed machines that can produce balls made of plastic composites and without seams. These balls have been tested extensively so far and they are of good quality, except that it is difficult to implement the "veer" test on these balls for lack of a point of reference (the seam). Instead, they will be tested for even distribution of the material all over the sphere of the ball. This is currently the weakness of these balls, the material is not sufficiently evenly distributed all around the sphere resulting in only 30% to 50% of the produced balls passing the ITTF ball tests.

1.3 There is supposedly an agreement in place between Co.X and DHS and DF. The agreement would state that Co.X only manufacturers the balls, while DHS and DF market and sell the balls wholesale. It is also claimed that it is DHS and DF that funded the research for the production of the seamless ball, which is a considerable investment.

1.4 There is now apparently a dispute between Co.X on one side and the other two companies, DHS and DF, on the other side. It would seem that all sides are claiming a breach of contract. This is not ITTF business and must be resolved between the companies. However, this dispute has changed the original plans.

1.5 Now, because of the dispute, DHS and DF have proceeded to produce their own plastic balls, using a different plastic composite material and using the traditional production technology of balls with seams. This is the same as celluloid balls, but using non-celluloid materials.

1.6 The result is that now we will have plastic balls submitted for approval by Co.X (seamless plastic balls) as well as from DHS and DF. Samples of the new "with seam" plastic balls were given out in Paris to players and others for testing and feedback.

1.7 Please note that neither the ITTF nor the manufacturers have any obligation to provide samples to anyone. The plastic balls are legal and have always been legal according to the ITTF rules. As long as the plastic balls pass the ITTF ball tests they can be used, even now, without any change in rules. It is the same procedure as if a new racket covering comes on the market.

1.8 The ITTF will use for ITTF events the plastic balls as of 1 July 2014. Other bodies (national associations, continental federations, leagues, clubs, etc.) can make their own decisions to use plastic or celluloid balls.

1.9 The celluloid balls will remain legal, and in use for those that want to use them, until their supply is depleted and are no longer available from the manufacturers

1.10 Initial sufficient supply of plastic balls will be available, according to the manufacturers, by the beginning of 2014, and full supply should be available by July 2014.

1.11 The strategy by the manufacturers, suppliers and resellers to sell off their stocks of celluloid balls is their own strategy and does not involve the ITTF.

2. Patent

2.1 There are three approved patents that we are aware of (maybe many more) with regard to the plastic balls. These three patents of which we are aware are distinctly different and owned by three different entities and do not affect the production of the plastic balls in any way.

2.2 Co.X owns a patent for the production of the seamless plastic balls using a specific technology and using specific non-celluloid materials. DHS and DF own a different patent for the production of non-celluloid balls with seams and the materials used are different than those used for the seamless balls. Therefore, there is no patent issue between Co. X and DHS and DF.

2.3 There is also a patent owned by two persons, of which one is related to Dr. Kuhn. I can confirm that the materials described in this patent are DIFFERENT than the materials used for the seamless ball (Co.X) and the materials used for the plastic balls with seams (DHS and DF). This is confirmed by all companies currently involved in the production of plastic balls. Therefore THERE IS NO PATENT ISSUE.

2.4 I urge all concerned, especially the distributors, NOT to create an issue where it does NOT exist. Do NOT meet with Dr. Kuhn. It is not necessary. And do NOT pay anything to Dr. Kuhn or his relatives or friends with regard to the patent. This is NOT necessary. The supply of balls from China is not affected by this patent.

2.5 In the unlikely scenario that the patent held by Dr. Kuhn's connections becomes relevant, then the ITTF will immediately step in to solve the problem. Until then, there is NO ISSUE.

I hope that this message is clear and that now we can all concentrate on developing our sport and anticipate top quality plastic balls not only from China but from all over the world.

Sincerely,

Adham Sharara
President

INTERNATIONAL TABLE TENNIS FEDERATION     
President's Office
a: 18 Louisa Street, Suite 180, Ottawa, ON Canada K1R 6Y6
t: +1 613 733 2468 | f: +1 613 733 4603
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Sponsored Links

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2013 at 12:17pm
Looks like anything goes for a while. The Wild West period if tt balls. Make them however you want with whatever, as long as they bounce right.

ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2013 at 12:57pm
1.2 The seamless balls are being manufactured in a factory in Guangzhou, let's call it "Co.X", according to a new manufacturing process and a new technology with specially designed machines that can produce balls made of plastic composites and without seams. These balls have been tested extensively so far and they are of good quality, except that it is difficult to implement the "veer" test on these balls for lack of a point of reference (the seam). Instead, they will be tested for even distribution of the material all over the sphere of the ball. This is currently the weakness of these balls, the material is not sufficiently evenly distributed all around the sphere resulting in only 30% to 50% of the produced balls passing the ITTF ball tests.

Confused
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2013 at 1:02pm
I pray to god that national federation will say a loud Thank You But No to the plastic balls until they are really as good as celluloid ones. This is shaping up to be another one of ITTF-sponsored stupidities.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2013 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

I pray to god that national federation will say a loud Thank You But No to the plastic balls until they are really as good as celluloid ones. This is shaping up to be another one of ITTF-sponsored stupidities.

+1,  WTH is their thought process ??  this would make me quit the game. Angry

NOTE:  it ain't broken!!

Edited by jt99sf - 06/28/2013 at 1:15pm
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2013 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

<span style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 16px; orphans: auto; text-align: left; text-indent: 0px; text-trans: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; : rgb251, 251, 253; display: inline !imant; : none;">1.2 The seamless balls are being manufactured in a factory in Guangzhou, let's call it "Co.X", according to a new manufacturing process and a new technology with specially designed machines that can produce balls made of plastic composites and without seams. These balls have been tested extensively so far and they are of good quality, except that it is difficult to implement the "veer" test on these balls for lack of a point of reference (the seam). Instead, they will be tested for even distribution of the material all over the sphere of the ball. This is currently the weakness of these balls, the material is not sufficiently evenly distributed all around the sphere resulting in only 30% to 50% of the produced balls passing the ITTF ball tests.</span>

Confused<br style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 16px; orphans: auto; text-align: left; text-indent: 0px; text-trans: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">

My understanding is that a large percentage don't pass even now with celluloid, and they are then funneled to become training balls etc. so that figure may not be as far out as it would first seem. Obviously they're not happy with that qc, however.

bonggoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonggoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2013 at 1:18pm
Remind me again, why is ITTF mandating a switch to plastic balls?
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2013 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by bonggoy bonggoy wrote:

Remind me again, why is ITTF mandating a switch to plastic balls?

Simple:  Personal financial gain. Confused
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2013 at 1:21pm
Because celluloid is seen as a somewhat hazardous material. At least that's their claim. And also that over time plastic will be the more improvable product technology.

gatorling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatorling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2013 at 4:15pm
It is silly to release the ball until all production issues have been resolved and all balls are consistent (whether it is seamed or seamless).
Forehand: Hurricane 3 Provincial #20 sponge
Backhand: Rakza 7 Max
Blade:    Xiom Aria
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2013 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by gatorling gatorling wrote:

It is silly to release the ball until all production issues have been resolved and all balls are consistent (whether it is seamed or seamless).

It is obvious they can't release the new balls soon enough to start selling new rubbers and paddles for them.  Wink

Current USATT Rating: 2181
Argentina National Team Member, 1985-1986.
Current Club: Los Angeles Table Tennis Association.
My Setup: Yinhe Q1 / T64 2.1 black / Saviga V 0.5mm red

igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2013 at 4:49pm
i'M SO HAPPY, NOW.....

ITTF just took the opportunity to eventually introduce a bigger ball into the game, thus getting rallies a bit slower, for the good of the sport.
I am a tireless gospeller of a slower ball.
It is utterly necessary that we have play more controllable. And now we can expect much longer rallies with the new DHS larger sphere of 40.3mm.

At the long end, Adham Sharara did responsed to my many written submissions to change the ball in weight and size. He ultimately validated a larger ball, so wise of him.
I am really happy now, after having been reported the two-halve ball by DHS would produce a sound much like the samples of celluloid material.., So happy, so delighted to hear such a good news.,,,,

Bigger ball is a great benefit to the sport of table tennis. Yes.   
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2013 at 4:52pm
He does have a point....sort of.

Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2013 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by roundrobin roundrobin wrote:

It is obvious they can't release the new balls soon enough to start selling new rubbers and paddles for them.  Wink

No doubt....all this delaying is causing anger and heavy frustration with the manufactures and developers that have put so much money and effort into getting a plastic ball in place.  Sharara needs to move fast or he will have to hire more bodyguards.   Wink

Edited by Rich215 - 06/28/2013 at 7:53pm
j-bo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j-bo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2013 at 7:51pm
Thanks for the information.

It's a 3 ring circus out there.

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2013 at 10:00pm
If ittf let both seam and seamless go ahead as long as they can pass the test then it will only cause confusion. What if one side train with seam and the other train with seamless decide which ball to use in a match? But in reality I think DHS/DF side will win out eventually simply because of their financial power to lower their price to celluloid level while the seamless side just can't compete adding their high rate of bad sample in production.  
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2013 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

i'M SO HAPPY, NOW.....

ITTF just took the opportunity to eventually introduce a bigger ball into the game, thus getting rallies a bit slower, for the good of the sport.
I am a tireless gospeller of a slower ball.
It is utterly necessary that we have play more controllable. And now we can expect much longer rallies with the new DHS larger sphere of 40.3mm.

At the long end, Adham Sharara did responsed to my many written submissions to change the ball in weight and size. He ultimately validated a larger ball, so wise of him.
I am really happy now, after having been reported the two-halve ball by DHS would produce a sound much like the samples of celluloid material.., So happy, so delighted to hear such a good news.,,,,

Bigger ball is a great benefit to the sport of table tennis. Yes.   

I'm glad you're happy, while most people are very annoyed and upset by all this.

Just because you (and perhaps Adham) feel this is for the benefit of the sport, does not make it so. Did the change from 38mm to 40mm really have positive impact for our sport?

If this is indeed the purpose of the new ball, why was the ITTF not open about it and discuss is publicly, instead of sneaking it in under some unsubstantiated theory that celluloid is dangerous and becoming rare, and plastic is the solution? Why not delay the change to the plastic ball until an acceptable alternative is found?

Edited by haggisv - 06/28/2013 at 10:26pm
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2013 at 10:45pm
Put the ballsize ("tolerance") back to where it should be and you'll see a lot less anger towards the ITF. Until then you can try put that oversize ball where it probably fits quite easily
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2013 at 5:04am

Whilst Adham won't admit it; this new ball is all about increasing the ball size.

Edited by Peter C - 06/29/2013 at 5:09am
j-bo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j-bo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2013 at 8:37am
Originally posted by Peter C Peter C wrote:

Whilst Adham won't admit it; this new ball is all about increasing the ball size.

Nah.. it's all about a financial windfall and kickbacks.

A bigger ball will do nothing to make the sport "better" or "more popular". The ball was/is not what is holding the sport back.
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2013 at 11:05am
j-bo

I agree with you that a bigger ball will do nothing to make the sport "better" or "more popular".

Ironically; it's the kickbacks and financial windfall to the ITTF and the Manufacturers; that I was alluding to. As a result; the Manufacturers will be aiming to sell us "new blades and rubbers for the new polyball era"; to compensate for the changes the polyball will bring to the game.

nachalnik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nachalnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2013 at 11:17am
I'm not going to argue for or against a plastic ball. However, I'd like to bring your attention to the way ITTF and Sharara communicates using his "official message". Now, I'm not an attorney but even I know that there's no way the official memo should be using words like "supposedly" and "Do not meet with Dr. Kuhn". This is unprofessional to the n-th degree! This is really a Mickey Mouse club and not the organization that has any international recognition.
loop+loop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loop+loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2013 at 11:28am
I hope they keep the seamed version. Where the manufacturing process is the same, that should keep the price down.
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2013 at 12:48pm
loop+loop

I'm of the same opinion as you; it makes more sense for the ITTF to authorise the seamed polyball for production.

In my opinion; I think the ITTF should have delayed the authorisation of the seamless polyball; until the manufacturers could prove they can produce a seamless polyball, with a consistent bounce.

Sadly that is not the case and the problem of the inconsistent bounce of the seamless polyball is clearly highlighted in the video's by bogeyhunter, on another thread.

Sadly for the sport; they are more interested in expediency and financial gain, rather than providing a good product for the market.
NoFootwork View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoFootwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2013 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Peter C Peter C wrote:

lI'm of the same opinion as you; it makes more sense for the ITTF to authorise the seamed polyball for production.

In my opinion; I think the ITTF should have delayed the authorisation of the seamless polyball; until the manufacturers could prove they can produce a seamless polyball, with a consistent bounce.

I think there is a method to ITTF's madness on this push.  Clearly they want a poly-ball and the most likely reason has to do with financial gain, whether by presumably slowing down the game, attracting a bigger audience and thereby additional revenues or by forcing players world wide to buy new blades/rubbers that may play better with the poly-ball.

So why 2014 and not wait for a better seamless ball.  They are under time pressure to allow some time for players to adapt before the next Singles World Championships in 2015 and the next Olympics in 2016.  I'm presuming the World Team Championships will be before July 2014 so those will be played with the current celluloid ball.

By authorizing both seamless and seamed poly-balls they are hedging their bet that at least 1 poly-ball will be consistently good enough (at least per the ITTF.)  This gives the seamless ball more time to continue to improve past July 2014 if it is to survive market competition with the seamed poly-ball.  If it does, we will have a seamless ball that could be better than a poly-ball with a seam.  If it doesn't, the ITTF will have a seamed poly-ball in place without having to push back their July 2014 implementation date.

The game won't be slowed down much for any length of time with the introduction of the poly-ball.  ITTF already published a report where they were testing a 4.2 mm rubber.  Why include a rubber that is thicker than currently legally allowed if they want to slow down the game?  Players will learn to use more body and flat hit close at table to get speed into the game.  Equipment manufacturers will introduce faster equipment to compensate for loss of speed from the ball.  If the ITTF is serious about reducing speed, they should limit the speed of blades and rubbers as well, maybe legalize only all wood 3 ply blade construction or something like that.
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2013 at 4:52pm
WHY IS THE SEAMLESS BALL SO SPRINGY. (my personal discovery).

As is now well known, in making the seamless balls a production process of "thermal rotational moulding" TRM would be used.
Along the process, when heating the spherical mold, the melt of polymer substance as confined inside the mold will release some gases, thus causing an extra pressure inside the product (the ball's sphere).

You can affectively visualize this extra pressure through holding a simple experiment.

--Just put the seamless ball into a glass can of water (room t* water is reguired), and then prick through the ball's wall with the handy awl.
You can see a big air bulb coming out of the ball. Very big. This is to show up how much extra pressure may the seamless balls contain in.

Thus can we see an essential fact of reality that the seamless ball is a PRESSURIZED BALL anyway.
Is not this a good reason for the ball being unduly springy ?? Yes, it is.... I guess.

FOOT NOTE: Those people utterly displeased with the excessive ball bounce, don't use those balls formed in the TRM machine. All those are pressurized and thus overly bouncy.
You had better try the DHS balls with normal bounce, with normal inner air pressure.

Edited by igorponger - 06/29/2013 at 6:15pm
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2013 at 9:42pm
Ignore new plastic balls. TT is about feeling, not about equipment. We are developing feeling for years, just to allow some bad people to change rules to earn more money? Our years/decades spent for nothing? We are just idiots who spend more and more money on something that once was cheap?
Stop with this.
Ignore new changes in any kind of equipment.
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2013 at 10:56pm
maybe it is time to start playing tennis again...table tennis now feels like a dysfunctional sport...
the question then becomes: does this sport deserve the recognition and rewards of the other solid, unwavering sports...

Edited by emihet - 06/29/2013 at 10:58pm
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
NoFootwork View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoFootwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2013 at 9:56am
Originally posted by garwor garwor wrote:

Ignore new plastic balls. TT is about feeling, not about equipment. We are developing feeling for years, just to allow some bad people to change rules to earn more money? Our years/decades spent for nothing? We are just idiots who spend more and more money on something that once was cheap?
Stop with this.
Ignore new changes in any kind of equipment.

The problem is that if your national association adopts the ITTF rules for balls (and all will if they want to have their representatives playing in ITTF events), then we as amateur players will also be forced to play with the poly-ball if we want to play in our National association sanctioned tournaments.

That will trickle down to clubs.  Players that want to play sanctioned tournaments will want to play with poly balls.  Those that don't or will stop playing tournaments will stay with celluloid balls until that supply runs out.  You will get 2 ball playing populations in a club and that will reduce the number of different players you may want to/can play against, depending on ball choice.

Tournament entry form will need to specific which of the 3 balls will be used in the event.  We will need to practice playing with all 3 or stop playing tournaments OuchDead

ChrisUK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2013 at 6:59am
What's actually more worrying is from reading the above, players could turn up at a league match and face:

- The current 40mm ball
- The new seamless poly ball
- The new poly ball but with seams

Surely all three will play differently and I'd rather not face that situation. I think leagues will have to decide on one version and not allow a choice. Otherwise it's going to be a mess!

Edited by ChrisUK - 07/01/2013 at 7:00am
The Twiddler
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic