FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > Equipment > Equipment

Butterfly Soll Schiff blade pictures?!?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butterfly Soll Schiff blade pictures?!?
    Posted: 07/04/2013 at 12:03pm
I am trying to remember and recognize which kind of blade is this model from the picture:(Coming again soon)

Probably the tag in the handle has been metal with some letters like the blade Imperial Schoeler, but now it is missed. The blade is 5 ply, ST handle, the form is like Butterfly Korpa, but it is not Korpa definitely.
Thank you in advance for your help!

Edited by kolevtt - 09/13/2018 at 2:06am
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2013 at 12:09pm
looks like a Chinese mass model from early 1980s. I like the green rubber...
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2013 at 12:29pm
These green rubbers are from the 1960's. I removed them a second ago, very easy without any additional materials or instruments. The sponges are still VERY SOFT. Amazing quality 50 years later...just a BUTTERFLY! Respect!
Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2013 at 4:06pm
Could you add more Pictures? Layers and Handle?
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2013 at 9:11pm
This blade plays like the old Meteor blades! OFF+ blade without vibration. The feeling is very specific and only players which are familiar with the old Meteor blades will understand what exactly I mean. But I have never seen Meteor with ST Mahogany handle with long metal logo and sticker on the bottom of the handle. Please share this topic in your native forums and I hope someday someone will recognize this 50 years old blade. It must be Butterfly, Imperial, TSP, Sunflex ... Thank you!
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2013 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by kolevtt kolevtt wrote:

This blade plays like the old Meteor blades! OFF+ blade without vibration. The feeling is very specific and only players which are familiar with the old Meteor blades will understand what exactly I mean. But I have never seen Meteor with ST Mahogany handle with long metal logo and sticker on the bottom of the handle. Please share this topic in your native forums and I hope someday someone will recognize this 50 years old blade. It must be Butterfly, Imperial, TSP, Sunflex ... Thank you!
So, how do you know it is 50 years old?

(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
DDreamer View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2013 at 10:57pm
It looks like a butterfly blade from the 70s but it may have been around earlier. Looks similar to a particular Berczik model but Im not sure about this.
I know that faster equipment will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2013 at 1:13am
No, it is not Berczik, the blade size is : Thickness 7.0mm, Weight: 95 grams, Head Size: 163mm/153mm. The Speed is definitely OFF+!
I have never seen Berczik with so long metal tag.
About damages found on the playing surface of the blade I think someone just replaced (with so bad removing work ) the old rubbers with "more new" - these green D-13 stopped from producing more than 45 years LOL
That is why I think this blade is around 50 Years old.
From the sticker on the bottom of the handle I found only 2-3 parts from a word - "uct", probably it was written : High Quality Product or something like that. I only suppose.
On the handle I removed some leather, it was there probably because the handle is varnished and easy to take off from the hand. With the leather on the handle it was really comfortable, but I was very inquisitive to understand the name of the blade. Too pity I found only the empty "bed" for the metal logo.
Keep searching!
Thank you!
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2013 at 1:48am
A few minutes ago friend of mine told me he has seen the same blades with long metal logo in Malaysia, but he doesn't know the model of this blade.
DDreamer - Do you have blades with so long metal tag in the handle? And second question - which brand made blades in Malaysia so long time ago?
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2013 at 4:22am
Its almost certainly a butterfly blade, it looks like the typical early basswood butterfly blades. They are all about OFF in the speed with smooth feel
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2013 at 4:59am
Butterfly blades have no so long metal tag in the handles and it is visible there is possibility the rubbers are not to be the original for this blade. I don't know what kind of rubbers are used for first time on this blade.
 I will suppose it is very possible this blade to be some personal hand - made blade for a good player during the 60's. And someone removed with all his/her mind the metal tag with the name after that.
And once again - that kind of blade - middle soft feeling without vibration, fast speed and great connection between the ball and the blade (very good control) I have met only in the old DHS or Meteor blades, may be and some St.Brite, all of them made in Asia. But none of them are made with metal logo in the handle.
Butterfly blades during 1960's are much more harder with vibrations and direct feeling - Surbek, Cypress-S, Korpa, Kenny Style, Mo Van Hoa and others...
If I am right, may be I will never understand which kind of blade is this. But from this moment to the end of my era with playing table tennis this blade will be in my TOP 10 euro style blades I have ever seen and tested. 7 mm thickness and huge sweet spot, but only 95 grams and you feel you have superior energy to shoot the ball. It is like my favorite Nexy Sahara in the OFF+ class.

kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2013 at 5:17am
Here I found this one:
Butterfly New York Style with the same Green D-13 rubbers, but 1.5mm.
The rubbers on my blade are max.
The form of the New York blade is different, but the construction looks like the same as my blade.
Only the metal tag is missed in the New York model.

kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2013 at 4:15pm
Uuuup for the topic!  I still don't know which model is this blade!
Anyone to help with an advice?
I tested this unknown for now blade with T05 and Calibra LT Sound - this blade is with amazing....AMAZING....amazing control and speed both combined...It is better than Korpa and Surbek, specially for me. It is not so soft like the old Meteor and DHS as I though, it is more near to the sharp feeling of the old Butterfly blades Korpa and Surbek. The last two are very good on blocking, this unknown blade too, but I think it is much more precise. T05 on this blade is far from my taste, but it plays much more slower and harder than Calibra LT Sound. The feeling with the softer rubber (Calibra LT sound ) was more better as all, but the catapult from Calibra is very big. Probably rubber between these two (LT Sound and T05) will be the most appropriate for this blade.
The most interesting that I found is that blade has very deep contact with the ball. Even with the LT Sound I tried chopping and had a big success. The big head gives additional security for defensive strokes.
I felt also the ball sticks on the rubber in offensive top spin strokes, no matter the rubbers are not tacky.
Finally, I think I am able to make a good trade for one more blade like this...But how to find it?
Please give me all info that could be useful in searching details for this blade...
Thank you in advance
1dennistt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2013 at 8:45am
It could be a Butterfly Elegence (or Sol Shiff), this blade was sold in different markets under different names, I think.  It looks similar.  Mine was an anatomic handle, but the plys look similar as does the surface wood.  I don't have the blade anymore, so I'm going by memory here an how the layers looked.  The center ply on mine might have been a little thicker.  Embarrassed  Maybe someone else could confirm this.
Xiom Hayabusa Z+, Donic Bluefire M2 (Black) Max, Spinlord Keiler (Red) 1.8 mm, Wt. 161 gm total weight

Gauguin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gauguin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2013 at 1:32pm
Here Elegance:

http://www.matostt.com/t8606-butterfly-elegance-st

Edited by Gauguin - 07/08/2013 at 3:02pm
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2013 at 2:21pm
Once again - this blade is not Borszay.
But I am interested where I can find pictures of these Butterfly Elegance or Sol Schiff?
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2013 at 6:45pm
green rubbers are so cool. The reduction to black and red was arbitrary and dumb. As long as the two colors are different there should be no problem. I wana have blue on one side and yellow on the other, or green and orange. Man, we could have so many cool paddles.
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2013 at 7:09pm
Yes, the green rubbers are great, also the blue.
But I am still searching about pictures for BTY Elegance or Sol Schiff.
Gauguin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gauguin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2013 at 8:56pm
http://www.matostt.com/t8606-butterfly-elegance-st
stefdesp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefdesp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2013 at 1:35am
Butterfly Engelbert Hüging without lense ????
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2013 at 3:38am
Thank you all for your suppositions, but this blade is not Butterfly Engelberg, Borszay or Elegance.
The construction is the same like Butterfly New York Style that I have posted yet.
I am sure I have seen another blade with so long metal tag but I can not remember where exactly.

Is there any image of the Sol Schiff blade in the net?
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2013 at 5:58pm
Echoooo ...
hleett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hleett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2018 at 11:35am
Five years later......If anyone interested in seeing a BTY Sol Schiff blade here it is. I was half way done wrapping the handle with nylon cord to give me more friction with my hands then I realize I should take a photo to remember it by. I'll probably strip the cord and rubber later on and show it off naked. Stay tune.

kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2018 at 3:41pm
My God, I have missed that topic for a long time. Thank you for posting these pictures. To be honest, seems my blade is NOT Soll Schiff or it could be just another model Soll Schiff.
This blade posted on the pictures is looking absolutely the same as my Butterfly Dr.Simon I sold several months ago.
So, still looking what's that blade. Maybe I must make again pictures because the original pictures I have deleted to make more free space in my file manager.

Mystery is again in mode "ON".
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2018 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by JacekGM JacekGM wrote:

looks like a Chinese mass model from early 1980s. I like the green rubber...

No chance so nice shape of head and that soft feeling, also mahogany dark brown handles...Impossible to be some cheap chinese blade from 60's or 70's.
I am still looking for information to recognize that blade. It is playing very nice - middle elastic and spiny feeling.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic