Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Best TT Robot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Orangecrush View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orangecrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2015 at 1:27am
Just go buy a IPONG Master V300.

Then have fun with it until a TT robot manufacturer starts to make a $1600 dollar one that suits your needs.

Has 2 wheels and topspin, heavy topspin, backspin, frequency control, and oscillation feature. Can hold 100 balls and launch them at 90 balls a minute. Comes with a wireless remote that can save your ideal settings and you can adjust the above mentioned while playing.

Yeah, I know. Everyone thinks that the IPONG models are junk. But they have done a good job with the new IPONG Master V300. And the one I have has not given me any of the problems people complained about in the past. It can launch the ball to the same place on my side of the table every time and all functions work flawlessly. I have never had a problem with it and it is still going strong even after 1000's of balls and endless hours of playing with it.

I know it can't compete with the other TT robot's, but it is a lot of fun!!!
Dawei Quattro Limda blade w/ Dawei Inspirit Quattro Ultralight 2.0 FH and Air Illumina Alpha Plus 1.8 BH
Thanks to colestt.com
Sponsored Links

ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2015 at 1:08pm
I bought all the mechanical parts for a home made robot but untimely gave up the project due to busy schedule Ouch

I got the a bunch motors for wheel spin and disc rotation with independent PWMs.
I got the rubber wheels, wires, battery compartment and batteries.

The 2 motor-ed robot would be a manual 360 degree spin with manual oscillation for my first trial.

The next level would be a remote controlled, auto 360 rotate and auto oscillation 4 motor-ed robot. 

Hopefully I can complete this project.....
FS:
Xiom Vega Pro ST 85 grams $80 shipped
Donic Waldner Senso Carbo JO shaped ST $40 shipped

FlatHitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlatHitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 10:21am
the I-pong rocks!...you can do some fun things with these for not much money spent, it spins the ball well and is a very good tool for service return drills. this is all you need to advance your game at the mid. levels..Clap
If your phone is'nt ringing, it's probably me...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orangecrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 11:59pm
Hey FlatHitter,

Which IPONG robot do you have? I have 2 of the Originals and 1 of the V300. I like the Original but the V300 has a lot more features and I think it launchs the ball better. Its a little more predictable where as the original will sometimes launch a ball or 2 in some weird direction. But it only happens maybe 1 or 2 balls out of a 100. So that is pretty good for a robot that only cost $80 bucks.

If anyone is interested. I want to sell the 2 IPONG Originals I have. Shoot me a PM for a sweet price!!!
Dawei Quattro Limda blade w/ Dawei Inspirit Quattro Ultralight 2.0 FH and Air Illumina Alpha Plus 1.8 BH
Thanks to colestt.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlatHitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2015 at 3:14pm
I am a joola dealer, I sell them...I prefer the i-pong pro, retails for $200.00, it is not perfect, but the cheap price makes it a good investment. I own a USED $250.00 robo pong 2050, had to replace the drive motor myself after a few hours of training, personally i think the robopong is cheap, I didnt like them in the 80's and I still dont like them, but it gets the job done. butterfly has the best setup...IF i had to purchase a robot right now, I would buy the joola over the robo pong, huge price difference and it does MOST of the training that is useful for match play at the intermediate level...IF money is no option, by far...butterfly has the best robot on the market $2000,oo and some change....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orangecrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2015 at 10:23pm
FlatHitter,

You are a Joola dealer and sell the IPONG Pro for $200 bucks? You must be talking about MSRP because dealers like Megaspin sell the IPONG Pro for $116 bucks. Since you are a dealer haven't you tried out the new IPONG Master V300 yet? That is the one I have and I think it is IPONG's best robot to date.

The IPONG Pro is nice, but it has the remote control wired to the robot. Where the V300's remote control is wireless which makes it much easier to use. Plus from what Megaspin quotes about the V300: "New improved natural ball trajectory thanks to new two wheel design, improved performance over the IPONG Pro".

I know you say, if money was not an issue you would buy a Butterfly robot. I am assuming that you are talking about the " Amicus " Pro for 2K and some change. I went and took a look at it over on Megaspins website. I'll tell ya, that control panel looks very intimidating to me. It would probably take me a long time to get use to it. LoL

On the other hand, I think that I would prefer a GUI interface that some of the newer robots have now. I'm not sure which one I was looking at but it has a touch screen to make adjustments. Which looks like it would be a lot easier to use than all those buttons and knobs on the "Amicus" Pro.

But I agree with you that for the money and for the beginner to intermediate level TT players. You can't go wrong with IPONG robot's. I would just suggest that anyone reading this not buy anything less than the IPONG Original because the other 2 lesser models are battery powered.
Thanks to colestt.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orangecrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2015 at 12:08am
Hey FlatHitter,

I just watched all the videos about the robots that Megaspin sells. I have to admit that the Amicus Pro is probably the best TT robot that you can buy. When I first looked at the control panel I thought it might be really complicated. But after watching the video on how it works, it is pretty easy to use.

I guess my 2nd runner up would be the Smartpong. With the way it has the rotating head looks very interesting. Only thing is with the rotating head, I might get distracted by it. LoL
Thanks to colestt.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlatHitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2015 at 9:24am
we tested the butterfly at the nats. in december, I was really impressed with the amount of backspin you can add for service return on short serves, a person could improve a lot if he/she spent the time to train with these things....I have not tested the new joola "digital" robot yet,but, I do like the older models..
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2015 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Orangecrush Orangecrush wrote:

Hey FlatHitter,

I just watched all the videos about the robots that Megaspin sells. I have to admit that the Amicus Pro is probably the best TT robot that you can buy. When I first looked at the control panel I thought it might be really complicated. But after watching the video on how it works, it is pretty easy to use.

I guess my 2nd runner up would be the Smartpong. With the way it has the rotating head looks very interesting. Only thing is with the rotating head, I might get distracted by it. LoL

Does the rotating head act as a spin Indicator as well?

Edited by Egghead - 05/24/2015 at 12:34am
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orangecrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2015 at 11:04pm
Egghead,

You would have to watch the videos like I did to answer your question.
Thanks to colestt.com
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2015 at 6:45pm
Nobody interested in Omron Tabletennis Robot?

Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
ThijsG View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThijsG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2015 at 4:36pm
I have the robopong 2050. Bought it for 600€.

It doesn't have all the features like some expensive robots but it does have the features you will use the most.

disadvandages:
- within 1 excercise it can't combine 2 kinds of spin (back and top). You have to exercise them separately. An exercise can start with a short service with for instance little to no topspin and the next balls would be faster and with more spin to other positions. A backspin service followed by a heavy topspin to block would be a nice plus.
- speed and spin relation is always 1/1 there so it can't produce high arc slow superspinny loops for instance. this is because there is only one wheel to shoot the ball
- setting up the head angle is manual work. It doesn’t change during an exercise but it doesn’t bother me.

What I love about it;
-     especially the pre-programmed excercises. 64 of them!!! for all levels and if it is too fast for you, you can adjust the speed and time between shots. If even that isn't good enough you can program an excercise and import into the controller. Believe me it’s more than enough. I see lot’s of expensive robots take huge amount of time to set up a drill. My god I press 3 buttons and the machine is already putting me to work. 1 hour of training is 1 hour true training and not 50% setting up excercises.

-     Lot’s of excercises where you know 2 or 3 placements and the next one(s) is (are) surprise. You name it, it’s available.

-     There is a manual mode as well that can do a lot. You can let it randomly vary speed/placement, waiting time between shots, placement,…

Robots that cost 3 times the price will probably do a couple more advanced excercises but is that worth the investment if you can train those with real opponents?

Personally I would have been sold if the smartpong was available in my country and if it had the preprogrammed excercises. This one can vary the spin and head angle

I saw Butterfly has a robot (amicus pro) that can do all (even mega spin balls) but its 2,5 times the price and I don’t like the fact that you can not see a robot head turning left or right. Again no pre programmed drills.

My old club had a Tibhar Robopro master with 2 heads. It looks like a copy of other robots mentioned here. It was real difficult to program excercises because both heads are moving together as one and they can’t individually cover the hole table. On the controller you can see 11 positions to program but position 1 for head A is not within the range of head B so when you ask ‘1’ to head B you actually get position 3 or 4. Head angles were also manual work but this one cost 1800€ at that time.

ThijsG View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThijsG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2015 at 4:47pm
wouldn't go for Y&T. its the same as the Tibhar robopro master. not worth the money.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic