Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

TB ZLC vs Acoustic with H3 + Mark V

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
qiqiyan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qiqiyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TB ZLC vs Acoustic with H3 + Mark V
    Posted: 07/14/2013 at 12:12am
Hi all,
I have TB ZLC and Acoustic, both with H3 on forehand and Mark V on backhand. (identical H3s, identical Mark V's)
I thought ZLC would be faster from reading forum discussions. It turned out that Acoustic is obviously faster for both forehand and backhand. Is that expected? does ZLC only go with modern rubbers like tenergies?
Thanks,
Qiqi
Sponsored Links

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2013 at 2:00am
Under most circumstances, the speed of a blade is largely governed by two factors - stiffness and mass.  For table tennis blades, those two elements are tightly related to thickness and headsize to a certain extent.  Both the Acoustic and TB ZLC are of the same headsize.  The former is on average 5.7mm in thickness and 88g in weight whereas the latter is 5.5mm and 85g, respectively.  Given that, it is not out of the blue for the Acoustic to play faster than the TB ZLC.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2013 at 3:56am
The acoustic isn't slow. Perhaps it doesn't quite reach a pure off but its faster than -off
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2013 at 2:07pm
My late acoustic l-size handle was way faster than a maze, acoustic is one of the fastest blades I recently used. Maybe the manufacturing process is top notch, plus you feel it 10 times more when strike through the ball and thus you feel it a lot faster.
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 1:47am
Anyone agree on this. I'm looking to get TB ZLC. But if it is slower than Acoustic, it would be no good to me. I have ZJK ZLC which is way faster than my Acoustic. And BTY rates ZJK/TB ZLC close together. A member mentioned the diff in ZJ/TB are Ayous and Kiri core.

t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 1:58am
The newer batches of Acoustics are really fast.

if you are looking for a slow more controled blade i suggest you to find nittaku with black tag.

Perhaps nittaku is manufacturing blades with stiffer wood for poly ball.

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 2:58am
Mine is not black tag. Ordered from tt japan 1 year ago. A good blade but no way faster than  ZLC....

Edited by aroonkl - 04/20/2015 at 2:59am
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 2:58am
Originally posted by aroonkl aroonkl wrote:

Anyone agree on this. I'm looking to get TB ZLC. But if it is slower than Acoustic, it would be no good to me. I have ZJK ZLC which is way faster than my Acoustic. And BTY rates ZJK/TB ZLC close together. A member mentioned the diff in ZJ/TB are Ayous and Kiri core.

I bought last year an acoustic and I was really dissapointed from the vibrations that this blade makes.Also it is still an OFF- blade, something that some said in previous posts that is faster than off-.It is not!It is off- and TB ZLC is faster as a lil fast OFF.You can easilly recognise the diffrence in speed in these 2 blades.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 11:03am
The Acoustic is faster on low racket speeds because of the easy flex. It's always been a control blade with good speed. Acoustic is good regardless of racket speed. ZLC isn't going to reward you much unless you have a faster racket speed. This is why it pairs better with something like tenergy, a rubber that will play well if you have low racket speed or high racket speed. If you put old generation rubber on a ZLC, there's nothing to compensate. This is why it seems slow. The Acoustic does some of the easy work, the ZLC needs the rubber to pitch that in some. 

If you did a side by side, and both rackets had tenergy 05 for example, you'll find them even out more, and as you play more agressive quickly realize you are losing control with the ZLC compared to the acoustic. 

aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

The Acoustic is faster on low racket speeds because of the easy flex. It's always been a control blade with good speed. Acoustic is good regardless of racket speed. ZLC isn't going to reward you much unless you have a faster racket speed. This is why it pairs better with something like tenergy, a rubber that will play well if you have low racket speed or high racket speed. If you put old generation rubber on a ZLC, there's nothing to compensate. This is why it seems slow. The Acoustic does some of the easy work, the ZLC needs the rubber to pitch that in some. 
I have never played Mark V or Sriver on these blades.
I have BH Tenergy, and FH Chinese, H3/TG3/H3N. From my exp, Power Stroke or Inner game (slow racket speed), ZLC are faster than Acoustic.

Edited by aroonkl - 04/20/2015 at 5:03pm
Figueiredo81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Figueiredo81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2015 at 12:12pm
Either your accoustic is a manufacture glitch or the other way around, TB ZLC. Both brands have high standards when it comes to manufacture tolerances so I believe you must be mistaken, probably a bad gluing when testing the ZLC. It's clearly faster than an Accoustic I can assure you.
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2015 at 12:17pm
Just a reminder to everyone that the Acoustic Carbon is a thing too.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2015 at 11:10pm

I have BH Tenergy, and FH Chinese, H3/TG3/H3N. From my exp, Power Stroke or Inner game (slow racket speed), ZLC are faster than Acoustic.

It sounds like you're trying to disagree with me, but are saying the same thing? I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding. 

My comment on old generation rubber has to do with the OP and his experiences. 

the ZLC is SUPPOSED to be faster, but if you put old school rubber (mark V for example) on it you aren't going to get much of the blades benefit at lower speeds like you can with the acoustic because of the flex. So I was saying his experience of the acoustic being faster is due to this, for reasons I outlined in more detail in my original post. 
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2015 at 2:03am

It sounds like you're trying to disagree with me, but are saying the same thing? I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding. 

My comment on old generation rubber has to do with the OP and his experiences. 

the ZLC is SUPPOSED to be faster, but if you put old school rubber (mark V for example) on it you aren't going to get much of the blades benefit at lower speeds like you can with the acoustic because of the flex. So I was saying his experience of the acoustic being faster is due to this, for reasons I outlined in more detail in my original post. 
I neither disagree or agree . LOL  I do not have Mrk V or Sriver to try. 
I read your clue about old school rubbers that's why I quoted H3.
I know sometime Blade and rubber combos make strange things happen. (I have one thin blade that made  Baracuda a lot faster/spinner than T05. Combo speed is near pocket rocket. But when I put Dipper on it, total speed goes like Tackiness-C. Still make me wonder what the heck.)

This case, I am not sure. Might agree more with  bad glue work opinion.

Edited by aroonkl - 04/22/2015 at 4:59pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic