Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tibhar Inca Blade Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tibhar Inca Blade Review
    Posted: 07/17/2013 at 9:52pm

Tibhar Inca Blade

weight: 86 grams approx. on my weighing scale (Kutchen)
thickness: 6mm
plies: 5 (hinoki (outer) + carbon aramid (2nd & 4th) + burnt kiri or ayous not sure (inner core)
speed: off to off+
test rubbers: nexy elpis and air illumina

I am thankful that Nexy sent this very special Tibhar blade that they helped design. At first look, this blade has a higher quality finish than regular tibhar blades and i think its quality is in par with the more expensive tibhar blades like the h-3-9 and h-1-9. The handle is comfortable. I had to sand the sides of the handle because the carbon aramid fiber somehow needs sanding but it wasn't a problem. You could see in this blade that the blade was intricately designed. the aesthetic design like that of other nexy blades have an elegant look. The quality finish is very good. The top hinoki layer is smooth and the uniformity of the quality is in par with other expensive blades.

Good thing Nexy also sent me a test tubber that I can use. I used Elpis as a standard chinese rubber (non tacky) and the air illumina for a faster rubber. I wouldn't say both of these rubbers are super fast. On a ball bounce test, the 2 rubbers didn't bounce as high as i expected but i could say the blade is fast because the rubbers are the one decreasing the bounce. 

The Inca is kinda loud when hitting with it. I was doing fh to fh drives and it produced a somewhat loud sound. Not as loud as the Black Devil but you could hear the distinct loud sound from it when doing drives. I should really try a faster rubber to see how fast this blade is. When i was using the Inca with the Illumina and Elpis it only felt average fast. The rubbers were the major factor but I guess Inca can be a few notches faster if used tensor rubbers. The bounce when I was doing fh drills were lively and you can say fast. Its not as fast as the Qabod maybe a lil bit faster than the Calix 2 in terms of speed. Comparing to other brands, its less faster than the primorac carbon by a notch but felt faster than the ALC or TBS.

I think looping is its best quality hands down. The thin blade thickness somehow made it very easy for me to do spinny loops. Using those rubbers mentioned the blade has a medium to high arc. I should try this with a globe 999 national blue sponge or a dhs H3. I'm sure my loops would be spinnier and maybe faster. The Inca has a very good feel upon impact of the ball. It has more feel than the calix 2 but it doesn't have the unwanted vibrations when looping. It felt like close to a photino.
Blocking is very good also. The block against topspins is stable and very much controllable. The high degree of control is very evident on this blade.

I'll update more on this review since Ive only used this for 2 days for a few hours.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2013 at 1:12am
Nice review. I'm adding this to the first post in the Nexy Clan thread.
Other users, please post your impressions and reviews about Inca in this thread. Thanks.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2013 at 9:26am
The Arirang shares the same core wood and technology as the Peterpan; i.e., Kiri hardened by Burn Technology.

bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2013 at 10:34am
The texture and light weight suggest a Kiri core, since when is 6mm thin? that's fat
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2013 at 9:03pm
for me 6mm and lesser are thin.. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2013 at 10:13pm
I loved teh Inca prototpye but have been holding out for the Arirang to become my official tourney blade.

Nexy staff told me yesterday I will still have to wait a bit longer for the Arirang to be released... Whahhhhh. 
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2013 at 4:25pm
I finally found some time to play with the Tibhar Inca. The build quality and finish is impeccable, like we're used from Nexy designs. The crystals on the handle are give a unique flair to the blade, but they won't appeal to everybody.

At the same time, I was also testing the Nexy Arirang. I tested both blades with XIOM Vega Pro on FH and Nittaku Hi Super Drive on BH. Both blades were ST, 85g. I must say that Inca and Arirang, although they seem to be similar from a constructional point of view, have very different playing characteristics, and will appeal to different players. I was rather surprised to discover how different these blades are!

Arirang is an OFF- speed blade of medium stiffness (similar to Nittaku Acoustic, OSP Virtuoso, and Nexy Calix). It has a rather long dwell time that makes it well-suited for playing with longer strokes (European style) from medium distance. It has a neutral bounce, some flex, and vibrates rather sharply. I am still testing it, so watch out in the Arirang blade for a review, soon.

Tibhar Inca is a OFF speed blade of rather high stiffness (similar to Michael Maze, Yinhe T-7, and Nexy Oscar). I'm not used to blades this stiff, and I would not be able to judge it accurately. Indeed, I felt it was great for close-to-the-table blocking and hitting and it would probably be suited for topspins even from far away, but this is not my type of game. So I gave it to my coach. He is always very interested in trying out new blades, and thinks that Nexy blades have a unique feeling to them. He played it for some time and then concluded that the playing characteristics are in the middle between Viscaria and ZLF. I haven't played with any of those, but, given the popularity of these two Butterfly blades, I can see quite some opportunities for Inca.

Thanks to Nexy for giving me the opportunity of testing the Inca. If someone, based in Europe, would like to test it, please send me a PM.
Join the Nexy Clan!
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2013 at 8:58pm
Oh man that is a beauty. They should have named it the Queen Of Sheba. Really don't care for the crystals in it but hey it is a very unique looking blade.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2013 at 10:13pm
arg0, I got a friend in Germany who would really like to try it out. I'll send you a PM.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2013 at 3:55am
For those who'd like to test the Inca, I am organising the testing in the Nexy Clan thread.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2014 at 11:35am
I totally forgot to give a short review about Tibhar Inca. First of all I have to say thank you to arg0, who offered the blade here in the forum as a testing-blade. It is only a very short review because I got it the week before christmas and I had only one chance to test the blade (the hall was closed on winter-holiday).

Some weeks before I tested the Nexy Arirang and liked the feeling of this special blade very much, but it was a bit inconsistent. I had problems with hard spins/shots of my opponents, because I had not enough control. The balls got too long some times, while it was a fun too loop myself or to block normal spins and shots which were not so hard.

Now to the Inca:

The impression was better than I thought, because the feeling was more linear, compared to Arirang. Blocking was much easier (especially of hard shots or spins). The balls got lower and nevertheless it was also possible, to loop very consistent. But over all there is one thing, that`s missing: and that`s the really special feeling of Arirang. That`s the reason, why I still hold the Arirang, although it does not fit exactly to me. 

What I need, is a mixture of (the consistence and linearity of) Tibhar Inca and (the wonderful feeling of) Nexy Arirang. I think, every player who had the chance to test both blades, knows, what I mean. And I hope, Nexy will build this blade for me (and others) in the future. Wink

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2014 at 1:47pm
Yeah! Magic got hiz pawz on an Inca!
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2014 at 1:56pm
good looking blade.

Yogi, how can you tell what is what if you put new rubber on a new blade? You know the overall speed, but that could be either from fast blade slow rubber or slow blade fast rubber or many combinations.
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2014 at 3:55pm
At the moment; I've got the Inca that Magic-M previously had for testing and his comments mirror what I think about the Inca too.

I agree that the Arirang has a unique feel to it and it's a good blade when you're defending away from the table; however, it's not as easy to defend with close to the table against powerful opponents, because it's a bit fussier about blade angle..

I didn't have any problem in the short game or playing a controlled topspin game with the Arirang either; however, I noticed it was non linear when dialling up the power when power looping; particularly with a tensor like Genius, which surprised me.

Previous to testing the Arirang; I'd played with Genius on the Peterpan and liked it's performance on that blade. It was easier to loop and power loop consistently with Genius on the Peterpan; than on the Arirang.

I note that BHman uses one of the newer Tibhar rubbers like Evolution, which has a more linear performance than Genius; on his Arirang and that is probably why he's had better results than me, with the Arirang

In the case of the Inca; I've tested it with Blue Whale II and CJ8000 on the backhand instead; so I've not made a direct comparison by using Genius on the Inca.

Having said that; I agree with Magic-M that the Inca is a more linear blade and it that sense; it's performance reminds me of playing with the Calix 2; i.e. it's a linear blade that plays more predictably, when dialling up the power.

Whilst I liked certain aspects of the Arirang; I'd personally chose the Inca because it's linearity would make a more suitable choice for me, in a match situation.

I notice that Arg0 has made the point the Inca feels similar in stiffness to Butterfly arylate carbon blades, like the Viscaria and Michael Maze. As I was playing with the both the Viscaria and Inca earlier today; I'd agree with that comment too.

p.s. Who is next in line to test the Inca?

Edited by Peter C - 01/27/2014 at 12:52pm
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2014 at 5:04pm
Next is mg from Luxembourg and then me. 

Edited by ttping85 - 01/26/2014 at 5:05pm
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2014 at 6:20pm
Magic_M, Peter C, thanks for your reviews. I agree with you when you say the Inca is more linear than the Arirang, and the special feel of the Arirang is maybe at least partly due to it's non-linearity. If you read my signature, you'll see that I like non-linear blades better, so that's why I allowed the Inca to travel across Europe and keep the Arirang in my bag. :)

PS. Next in line for the Inca is mg, please send him a PM.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2014 at 12:53pm
I've sent a pm to mg yesterday and I'm awaiting his reply.

Edited by Peter C - 01/27/2014 at 12:54pm
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2014 at 2:46pm
Haha Arirang is such a Korean name, I had to keep the Arirang as my main blade, but I like Inca too, I can use Aurus better with it. Both blades FH works great for me, but the feel of Arirang is nice to me and the Inca is faster, so your skull drug finish shots are nice too, but I had enough oomph with FX-P and Arirang. The kicker for me is with FX-P on EITHER blade, my oppenents were under more pressure than the same balde with Aurus. That is why I say Evo series is like a juicier Aurus, you know what you are getting, but it is better. I just don't like the price of Evo series, Aurus works great and is way cheeper in price and still works well for me. It is what I use to test everything using it. Maybe I trade away my Inca for a good ole TBS or another Arirang in decent shape, gotta love the Arirang just a tad more than Inca.

Ironically, Nexy President thinks the Inca is slightly better. On his test model, those rubbers really worked and I can see why he liked it. His BH is a bang impact slap with some good topspin, so Inca is a good match for his style. I just like how Arirang spins up the ball, yet when you get an underspin to your FH, you can spin it up using anything better than a bare clipboard.
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2014 at 5:37pm
In the following video the guy in blue shirt is using Inca. And according to his game, I don't see any disadvantage of the Inca.

Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2014 at 1:28am
Kim Jeung Hoon messing around at 4:19 wow...
mg View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2014 at 11:45am

I got an Inca test blade from arg0 and now I can share my impression after 4-5 hours of play. It has a ST handle (normally I play with a FL one but it was OK), 84-85 g. After testing the Calix II I decided to try more or less the same rubbers on the Inca. This time I started with a black H3 Neo on the FH and Sigma I Euro on the BH, setup was accordingly a bit heavy but not that much. I was able to adjust to it rather quickly, H3 neo worked very well and I still haven't found a blade that has issues with the Sigma I Euro on the BH. Speed was there, blade is a solid OFF, nice feedback (I really like hino-carbons especially when the top ply is not to thick).
The second time I played the Inca I put the black Gewo Reflexx Speed on the FH and made a change on the BH since I didn't like the 5Q that much, it is just a bit too soft for me. I cut a new Donic Vario Cooper Speed, definitely one of my favorite rubbers, it's a shame that it has been discontinued and I can't find it anywhere now:( This setup also played great, the blade felt responsive and predictable enough, serving didn't work that great but maybe that was because of the different balance. I like the Inca more than the Calix in almost every aspect, I think the Vagabond that Ross sent to Europe for testing was the only blade I have tested in the last year that played better for me although it was a bit demanding. I would like to thank arg0 once again for the chance to play these 2 Nexy blades, I had a lot of fun especially playing the Inca, but now it is time to move on:)

Edited by mg - 02/24/2014 at 2:28pm
My feedback:

http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47297&title=mg-feedback
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2014 at 5:58am
So I had the chance to test the Tibhar Inca a few sessions.

Bounce test was quite interesting. Fast but not crazy fast. Somehow soft and hard at the same time. Some vibrations but not a lot.

Of course the first test was with my current rubbers. T64 2,1 on the forehand and T05FX 2,1 on the backhand. Both rubbers felt quite soft on the blade but not too soft and very good overall control. I compared directly  the same rubbers glued on the Nexy Arirang, where they felt too soft and too much catapult effect when looping.

Control is really what I found the best in this blade. I have tried a few Nexy blades. Some have very good feel (Arirang, Oscar...) some have great power and speed (Calix II, Qabod, Sahara...) and usually they have good control but the Inca is the one that had the most amongst the ones I tried.

Opening loops, short game, blocking and counterlooping (areas where control is very important) were really easy with this blade. Sometimes I found myself lacking speed and power because I am used to Butterfly Mizutani but I never felt lack of control. The feel is good, better than average but nothing amazing and they are quite few blades with better feedback. But with this blade the ball just landed on the table over and over again.

Because the T64 felt a bit too soft on my forehand and the throw angle was a bit too soft, I decided to put T05 instead while keeping T05FX which was almost perfect on it. Well with T05 it was even better. Even more control on the short game, more dwell-time, more spin and more security on opening loops.  I remember that in the session with this setup I tried a few other setups with my Mizutani and a Ludeack Fleet and did a few games with my training partner. We did a few games. I won most with a very close score but when I took the Inca with T05 and T05FX I won 11-0. I made absolutely zero mistakes, every serve, return, opening loop and block were perfect.

But I found the T05 on the forehand a bit slow so I decided to go for a boosted T05 and it was a great fit. I finally tried Bluefire M2 on the forehand but the rubber was too old and became too hard and too slow.

Thanks a lot to arg0 for giving me the opportunity to test this blade.
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2014 at 3:59am
One more excellent review of Inca by TommyZai can be found here:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67876
Join the Nexy Clan!
Bran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2014 at 3:38am
Hi yogi, TommyZai hasn't tried the Cofferlait, but maybe you have. Would you be able to compare them?

It's more out of curiosity, given the two blades have really similar compositions. I've tested a friend's Cofferlait and it does feel ppretty nice.

Few vibes yet good feedback, powerful but great touch. Only gripe was with the really thin handle. Too fast for me anyway.

Edited by Bran - 10/13/2014 at 2:05pm
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2014 at 4:38am
sid, i use different types of rubber in order to have a comparison on speed. also, the know rubber has to be fast, mid fast or slow

bran,
 sorry i have not tried the cofferlaits

t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2015 at 7:41am
Hello All,
finally this blade arived to my hands.
Special thanks to Arg0 for the provided oportunity.

i tried ST handle
VG quality,very comfy,excellent finish to all details.

i test it with 05 for FH & Baracuda for BH.
First impressions this blade is clearly off .
maybe off+ in a lower scale.

feeling is very solid and sharp on loop drive.
however it remain soft on a loop underspin.

It block really well,you can always feel where the ball is going .
the blade produce very high amount of spin and i do think this blade is more looper blade instead of smashing blade.
however i will recommend this blade only for players who play close to mid distance.
if you go more than this distance shots starts to weaken and it looses spin and speed.
Control is relativelly high for such a fast carbon blade.
short game is easy to play around the net.
So is it worth 180$.
Not really,there are many blades who offer same gears for 1/2 or 1/3 of this price.

thank you.

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic