FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Clubs in LA - guess rating!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2013 at 2:35pm
seemed like the two of you had fun anyway.. so bogey.. fancy coming over to Ireland?

you will get to play against a 56 year old chopper. that. gives/beats some of irelands top 10

Edited by decoi - 08/17/2013 at 2:36pm
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
Sponsored Links

Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2013 at 3:27pm
Boogy

Still using defplay ?
Toprank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toprank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2013 at 5:53pm

Bogeyhunter was way out of my league. I don't really ever get into my game watching those videos. Since I had no chance of winning, Bogeyhunter had mercy on me and started working me out. Great experience, I learned a lot. I definitely gained more from our interaction than he did. He needs to move out to California and I would be the first to hire him as a coach. He gave me some great things to work on.

I started playing Table Tennis in January 2011 and still consider myself a beginner. I actually never played anyone over 2100 in my life. One thing I noticed is he had a repertoire of shots. He probably can adapt to his opponent really well. Unfortunately I'm a one trick pony and if that trick doesn't work, I'm out of luck.

I agree with TT4me when there is such a separation in abilities it's difficult to tell what you are looking at.
BH- Thanks for recognizing my serves. I work on them a lot. However you have me way overrated...thank for being nice.

CURRENT BLADE- Ross Leidy White Lightning

FH- Haifu Blue Whale II

BH- Xiom Vega Europe
gatorling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatorling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2013 at 6:51pm
Bogey, in December where do you plan on visiting in Florida?

I'd love the opportunity to get crushed by the highest rated 1600 player on the forums.

Forehand: Hurricane 3 Provincial #20 sponge
Backhand: Rakza 7 Max
Blade:    Xiom Aria
tt4me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2013 at 11:37pm
There was another match vs Fovad Kaseb.  That was much more interesting.

Here is the first.

bogeyhunter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2013 at 12:55am
Ermm I just got hijacked by my own video !!!!!

tt4me : I know if I posted both matches at the same time the one with toprank will be forgotten and that's why I planned to post "vs Fovad" in 2-3 days. 

decoi : Ireland? No. Some chance for London/Liverpool in 2014. BTW my record vs any kind of LP players is pretty good. Lost twice in last 5 years.

Chopper88 : Yes. Same set up(cheapest ever) for 3 years now.......longest ever too.

gatorling : In Orlando. Maybe 1 day to visit my buddy G.Fraiman. I always play with chopper88 so contact chopper88 if you like to play.

www.NexyUSA.com
We also carries Sauer & Tröger.
Lissom O+EASY P 1mm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_65FLO2Lneo
https://youtu.be/YgYFPJCBCr0
https://youtu.be/NeHp789Lb1c
https://youtu.be/_65FLO2Lneo
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2013 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Toprank Toprank wrote:

Bogeyhunter was way out of my league. I don't really ever get into my game watching those videos. Since I had no chance of winning, Bogeyhunter had mercy on me and started working me out. Great experience, I learned a lot. I definitely gained more from our interaction than he did. He needs to move out to California and I would be the first to hire him as a coach. He gave me some great things to work on.

2200-2400 is way out of the league of most of us.  The only thing that is deceptive about it is that Bogeyhunter uses pips so sometimes, you get a ball to drive and if you pounce on that ball with authority and get lucky, you might look great. But like you said, he doesn't let you show your real game.

I started playing Table Tennis in January 2011 and still consider myself a beginner. I actually never played anyone over 2100 in my life. One thing I noticed is he had a repertoire of shots. He probably can adapt to his opponent really well. Unfortunately I'm a one trick pony and if that trick doesn't work, I'm out of luck.

I agree with TT4me when there is such a separation in abilities it's difficult to tell what you are looking at.
BH- Thanks for recognizing my serves. I work on them a lot. However you have me way overrated...thank for being nice.

I liked your game.  A lot of good stuff to build on.  If you've never played anyone over 2100 (especially pips players), you should do so more often because your fitness is great - just need to improve the quality of those spin spots.   For the push, you need more forward motion and less downward motion.  For the loop, better timing.

Edited by NextLevel - 08/18/2013 at 10:35am
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2013 at 11:33am
Originally posted by bogeyhunter bogeyhunter wrote:

days. 

decoi : Ireland? No. Some chance for London/Liverpool in 2014. BTW my record vs any kind of LP players is pretty good. Lost twice in last 5 years.

well i dunno what hes like against pips, but assuming he can give top 10 players in the country a tough time
might be tough for you
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2013 at 11:57am
My estimate of Toprank is about 1800.  So Bogey just had a decent upset by beating a player rated 200 points above him.

Then again, Bogey is not just a 1600 player, he is the best 1600 player.
skip3119
tt4me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2013 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

My estimate of Toprank is about 1800.  So Bogey just had a decent upset by beating a player rated 200 points above him.
Your estimate is way too high and because the match is so one sided.

Here is another question.  How big a handicap do you think toprank would need to make the match even?  That means toprank would win the match half the time. 
The handicap can be equated to a ratings difference.

Edited by tt4me - 08/18/2013 at 12:21pm
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2013 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by tt4me tt4me wrote:

So who won the match? Fovad is a 2200+ player and it looks that he wasn't 100% serious..

Edited by dual700 - 08/18/2013 at 12:56pm
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2013 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Then again, Bogey is not just a 1600 player, he is the best 1600 player.

The joke (which wasn't funny in the first place) has been absolutely murdered and beaten to the ground now...
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2013 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by dual700 dual700 wrote:

Originally posted by tt4me tt4me wrote:

So who won the match? Fovad is a 2200+ player and it looks that he wasn't 100% serious..

Got to bogey's page and find out.  The match is a friendly match and the arena is not chopper friendly so neither was 100% serious.
Cybershape Carbon
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2013 at 1:05pm
lol; and vice versa
entel5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote entel5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2013 at 3:05am
I go to Allen and son's club and I am a chopper and looper. there is enough space to chop for sure. as for Fovad Kaseb who is rated 2240 I must say his rating is way higher than that but he is not practicing much anymore and he doesn't play too hard because he doesn't want to get injured, he needs to be healthy to be able to coach. Fovad Kaseb is the former coach of the Iranian national team and was number one in that country for 18 years, he was also the main coach of Noshad Alamiyan up until 2 years ago.
regarding toprank, I also know him and he is a very good player who is improving very fast with a great style.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2013 at 10:47am
Space at A and S is not bad but to play O2300 like Fovad most choppers need more space.
However, the main problem of the court was space to move left/right.
www.NexyUSA.com
Lissom O+EASY P 1mm
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2013 at 12:25pm

Space at A and S is not bad but to play O2300 like Fovad most choppers need more space.
However, the main problem of the court was space to move left/right.

Exactly. The better the looper, the more space required for defence in all directions, including upwards.
Cybershape Carbon
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2013 at 2:23pm
My last day of this trip :

Have 2-3 hrs to spend from 6-9.

Where's a better place to play for an out-of-towner? between : http://www.latabletennis.com/ and http://www.californiatabletennis.com/
www.NexyUSA.com
Lissom O+EASY P 1mm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2013 at 3:25pm
Just to update my LA trip.

I got a fantastic chance to play with 3 players with LPs. All are over 2100. I lost all 3 matches!
Here 1st set of each one.

www.NexyUSA.com
Lissom O+EASY P 1mm
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2013 at 3:32pm

Just to update my LA trip.
I got a fantastic chance to play with 3 players with LPs. All are over 2100. I lost all 3 matches !

You're providing inspiration for a new and old generation of LP users !

Those 3 guys have their own LP group with style variation, so they are obviously adept at playing a new pip player.  

With yourself given rating of 1569.7 you played over your head to stay with those guys ! 

Next time I go to LA, I am going to try my luck at those guys, once with double inverted and once with my LP's, to see how I fare !

I got schooled by an old Chinese pro with LP's several years ago for several months. He used every trick, twiddled the paddle behind his back with the ball in air while serving, twiddled paddle after serving and between points, used identical except different color rackets every other game, etc. If you pushed the ball to him he could control hit either corner of the table like he had the ball on a string. He was a penholder.

Edited by LUCKYLOOP - 08/26/2013 at 6:44pm
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2013 at 8:23am
Bogeyhunter is nowhere near that rating... he uses that as a JOKE...

Bogeyhunter is truly Div 1 where he plays...
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
batt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote batt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2013 at 9:21am
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

Bogeyhunter is nowhere near that rating... he uses that as a JOKE...

Bogeyhunter is truly Div 1 where he plays...

It shocks me how many people don't know this or aren't able to work it out after watching Bogeyhunter play.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2013 at 12:54pm
Let's see now...

1600 USATT would put you somewhere in the middle top of Div 4 city here.

Bogeyhunter is a Div 1 city top player, likely a candidate for an upgrade to Div 0 (Yes ZERO, meaning he might be too good for Div 1 city)

That is at least 3, prolly 4 levels of difference between his true class and his joke rating in his signature.

If anyone wants to believe his signature rating (or even BH-man's official ancient USATT rating) they can line up nicely with their pocket books ready to make wagers for lunch, dinner, or their paychecks.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2013 at 1:10pm
2356 USATT Rating
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2013 at 1:02am
Originally posted by Pondus Pondus wrote:

2356 USATT Rating

I knew his approximate rating. I was just playing along with his rating ruse !
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2013 at 1:39am
My turn to go to LA- on a plane in 6 hours. I'm so excited! I can't sleep. 
Mdman View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2013 at 1:58am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

My turn to go to LA- on a plane in 6 hours. I'm so excited! I can't sleep. 

Great, I hope to see you at Allen and sons club.
Take care.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic