Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Review: Victas koji matsushita. Mixed/Def game.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Review: Victas koji matsushita. Mixed/Def game.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Review: Victas koji matsushita. Mixed/Def game.
    Posted: 07/28/2013 at 7:23pm
After Shiono Masato's win in Japan Open i got a Victas Fl koji matsushita.
It is a 5 ply limba spruce ayous. Like a larger waldner off with its particular feeling.
In short this is a fantastic blade with very nice feeling, and a lot of gears including a very good looping performance. The blade helps in everything.
Rubbers were fh: baracuda 1.8 red. bh: tsp curl p1 ox black.
Both rubbers were for me something new to test.
To be continued...
About the rubbers:
Fh Baracuda. The Baracuda has a spring sponge (orange the one i got) similar to tenergies but with a different top sheet. Like a calibra spin topsheet but thicker . Here i understand joo and shiono using tenergy in Fh.
It pays off at the time to be offensive instead of chinese fh rubber.
Baracuda spin is good at the level of t05 and new era.
I liked baracuda with fast looping. Here it is fast.
At slow pace however it has less spin and speed than t05.
Smashing and chop and looping is good.
Bh tsp curl p1 ox. Pimples are thin so it imparts more variation to the ball than the cnt pogo rubber i usually play.

Edited by ejmaster - 07/31/2013 at 8:16am
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
Sponsored Links

gnopgnipster View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnopgnipster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2013 at 8:20am
Masato Shiono must have changed blades. He was playing at a past US Open with a Butterfly Shibutani blade with tenergy 05 and Feint II.

CHEERS!

P.S. Your Review of the Victas Matsushita does not say anything that you cannot infer from reading the box, your review is mostly about the rubbers you put on it... Everyone knows about the rubbers from other posts in this forum. Please talk about the blade. That is the theme of your post.
Hardbat: Valor Champion/FH/BH-Valor Premier-OX

Regular:Valor Big Stick FH-Apollo II & BH-Globe 979 OX

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2013 at 8:53am
gnop patience. I said to be continued...
You didn't realize because you just want to say i am here.
Besides i didn't say because i do not know if shiono is using victas km right now.
I have read he changes from one another between the victas and the shibutani and he uses tsp curl p4 with sponge.
Btwy. I do not have my laptop with me. I posted with the celular what it is hard work to write.
Note: the box is a white one with victas written in blue letters and it does not say anything. Just def and 8,400 and the name koji matsushita.
In any case what it is good is someone saying in short it is a very good blade besides the manufacturer.
Cheers gnop. Next try will be better.

Edited by ejmaster - 07/29/2013 at 9:27am
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2013 at 9:26am
I've been hitting 5 min last week with VKM. Big head, somewhat softer than BTY MP and with more explicite catapult. No doubt better than the latest Def blades from Donic and Stiga - but still lags behind the old Ylnhe 980.
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2013 at 9:47am
I did not like def blades in the past. I played mix game with a quite old bengston classic allround. I will put some pictures.
Feeling gears and chop and catapult and looping performance are the best features about vkm. At the same level about feeling than my beloved stiga bengston but with more catapult.
Fl handle is nice. Easy twiddle. Good fit and touch.
The big head is something to get used to. It works well.

Edited by ejmaster - 07/29/2013 at 9:49am
EJ Club.

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 12:50pm
Well. After several days the vkm feels good. Adictive and a fun challenge with the baracuda and the tsp p1 ox.
I do not feel like playing neither the bengston nor the lsw with cnt pogo.
There is a new world of possibilities about the vkm.
I am getting used to the rubbers with the awsome vkm blade support.
I compared head to head the bengsston with pogo with the vkm with p1 and though the block chop at fast topspin is harder with the p1 without any doubt the p1 is quite more trouble to opponent than the pogo.
The pogo now feels doing little hurt.
The vkm helps a lot to handle the p1.
About the baracuda it is taking time to serve at the same level as new era but it is getting there day after day. Smashing and looping with baracuda good. Blocking to get used. Overall good performance with baracuda.
Scoring better with the vkm bar/p1 than the bengsston with nera/pogo and still way to go.
More gears to play and variation with the vkm.

Edited by ejmaster - 07/30/2013 at 1:09pm
EJ Club.

bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 1:06pm
I've heard a lot of very positive talk about this blade
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 1:18pm
It is a monster blade. If they design one with same flex feeling to play inverted i also would get one to play inverted. Allround control feeling power.
One of the best feeling blades i ever tested. Imo lot better than korbel/virtuoso/rapscallion...
What a blade.

Edited by ejmaster - 07/30/2013 at 1:30pm
EJ Club.

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2013 at 6:23am
Today i read about the vkm in tabletennis11 and i found this is a hand made and created individually blade using high quality japanese cedar plying in a complex manufacturing process. It seems and feels so.
The plying and particularly the second ply looks and feels very good quality.
But the funny part is that there is a review by Oliver 5 stars saying 'what a great blade' and this is the same feeling i got in my last post saying 'what a blade'.

Edited by ejmaster - 07/31/2013 at 8:14am
EJ Club.

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2013 at 9:14am
Back to cnt pogo. At the end it pays off for me the solidness of cnt pogo more than the hurting reversal game from p1r.
I am using the cnt pogo in bengston classic allround and Lsw.
The Lsw is getting the best scores. At the beginning the pogo felt a little hard in the Lsw but now it feels right.
Chopping against fast topspin also better an more controlled with cnt pogo.

Edited by ejmaster - 08/03/2013 at 11:54am
EJ Club.

RedMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2013 at 3:31am
I've been using my VKM for over a year now and love it. But I'm a chopper were as you sound more like a blocker. The Rakza 7 works very well with this blade. Not the fastest when countering from off the table but great control.
Blade: Victas Koji Matsush*ta FL

FH: Donic Bluefire JP03 in 2.0 Black

BH: TSP P1r Curl 1.5-1.7 Red
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2013 at 6:42am
Originally posted by RedMan RedMan wrote:

I've been using my VKM for over a year now and love it. But I'm a chopper were as you sound more like a blocker. The Rakza 7 works very well with this blade. Not the fastest when countering from off the table but great control.

I love the vkm too. I play chop with the bh and i need to because my playing partner knows how to play against lp very well. And he topspin/drives hard and slow and he also has a good bh so one can not rely on blocking but better chopping one step further from table.
That is why i felt lately i am not so solid with the p1rox as the cntpogoox.
Though the pogo is ox i am used to chop with it but the p1 felt less consistent.
It is not the vkm but the rubbers.
The baracuda has less placement precision but here i play an active fh so i do not feel so much difference.
I am trading more power looping by less control. Chopping is also better with nera but the fh play is more off.
So neither the p1 nor the baracuda play for me better than the pogo nera. Besides the baracuda is quite heavy rubber
With the big head about the vkm the whole blade set up is noticeable more heavy weight than the Lsw with nera/pogo.
Have to find a better rubber match to the vkm.
As it is now i score better with the Lsw with nera pogo.
The best way to realize details is playing against good players and compare at the same time blade and rubbers through time.

Edited by ejmaster - 08/10/2013 at 6:37am
EJ Club.

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2013 at 12:18pm
The reason i play ox is that i tend to play closer to the table because i want to be fh offensive.
Because my playing partner knows how to play off against the pips i need the ox to absorb hard openings being closer to the table.
About further distance from the table and faster moves getting closer and further with a more chop variation game lp with sponge offers better game.
Have to move faster and play further from the table with good chop variation to take advantage about the lp with sponge.
About the idea of improving the lp off game i think it is something marginal against a good player.
My experience.

Edited by ejmaster - 08/04/2013 at 12:24pm
EJ Club.

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2013 at 1:56pm
Complicated review. Today back and better with the vkm and baracuda/p1rox. Worst playing and score with the Lsw nera/pogo.
Today felt to play more determined with the vkm and goes sharper and better than the Lsw. Need more time.
EJ Club.

Melapringa View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melapringa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2013 at 11:38am
ejmaster  now with what material you're playing ? 

after of months how feel the victas koji matsushita?
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2013 at 7:49pm
Main change was to go back to the t05 in fh. Baracuda was playable but imo not so good as the t05.
Vkm t05(1,9)/p1rox. Mixed game.
MM t05/srvfx. Main set up.
EJ Club.

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2013 at 9:09pm
I'll be interested to know how the new Offensive version of this blade compares the the original. Hopefully it's just a faster version with the same feel and control.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2013 at 10:36pm
i received my koji matsushita today and it's only 81 grams! weird

the craftsmanship is a bit lacking; noting the joining of plies isn't seamless at a couple places on the edge

Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
saif View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2013 at 2:31am
This is one of the few blades which I liked from the first hit. Mine is 86 gm.It has a great feel and flex but not much hollow feeling. I only played with it 3 times and I am very new to chopping/modern defense style, so I cannot just comment on it's defensive capabilities. On the other hand, I had a great time at attacking by landing powerful loops from forehand side and this blade has a great control and feel to it. I probably attacked more than my usual inverted setup because of the new found confidence. The extra flex helps to land my loops from distance. Now I need to learn to chop properly with this blade.
TBS FH & BH: T05fx
Tibhar Samsonov Alpha FH: Grip-S Europe BH: Rakza7 soft
Victas Koji Matsushita FH: Tenergy 80 BH: Feint long III
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5439549367/
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2013 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

i received my koji matsushita today and it's only 81 grams! weird

the craftsmanship is a bit lacking; noting the joining of plies isn't seamless at a couple places on the edge

decided to keep it for hardbat. glued up a couple sheets of six shooter... just bouncing the ball I can really appreciate the feel of this blade now
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2013 at 12:23am
Does anybody have any firsthand experience with any of the other Victas blades?
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2015 at 7:58am
Bump: VKM users, what do you have on your forehands? Mine FINALLY made it to the US after being in japan for two weeks, so now I need to order something for the forehand. I could just default to tenergy, but I've never chopped with any of them. I could just get vega pro, but where's the fun in that? I don't know if it will be fast enough for H3 to work out well. 
ckhirnigs113 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckhirnigs113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2015 at 10:31am
I recently got a VKM after using a Defplay Senso for about 2 years. I have been using Vega Japan 2.0mm on the Defplay, so I decided to stick with that when I got the VKM. I am very pleased with the combination. I feel like I can do everything with the VKM that I could do with the Defplay, but I find smashing better with the VKM. This is probably because the the VKM is stiffer than the Defplay. 

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita FL
FH: Xiom Vega Japan MAX
BH: TSP P-1R 1.0mm
USATT Rating: 1947
Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2015 at 2:31pm
Any of the Tenergy is fine , VKM is a good blade little bit on the soft side.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2015 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

Bump: VKM users, what do you have on your forehands? Mine FINALLY made it to the US after being in japan for two weeks, so now I need to order something for the forehand. I could just default to tenergy, but I've never chopped with any of them. I could just get vega pro, but where's the fun in that? I don't know if it will be fast enough for H3 to work out well. 

If you chop a lot, the Victas 401 is a good option (I use this myself now)... it's very spinny although it lacks some speed on that blade.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
force2brw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote force2brw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2016 at 9:00am
What does EJ mean?
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2016 at 9:24am
EJ is an abbreviation for Equipment Junkie.  It is used to describe players who are always switching the kinds/brands/thickness of rubbers  or the blades they use.  Often they switch after  only a few sessions even before they have a chance to adjust to the change.  Most are switching in order to solve a problem in their game which  would likely be better addressed with more practice rather than new equipment.  Some just enjoy testing out different stuff and figuring out how it affects their play.

If a player always seems to come to the table with 3 different rackets, tests each during warm-up, and then decides which one he will play, you are pretty sure he is an EJ.

EJ is the noun form.
EJing is the verb form.

Mark - Who would be an EJ if he was not such a cheapskate.

Edited by mjamja - 06/09/2016 at 10:09am
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2016 at 10:18am
EJs are like the guy dating numerous beautiful women who is not ready to settle down and marry one.
obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2016 at 10:36am
Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

EJs are like the guy dating numerous beautiful women who is not ready to settle down and marry one.

I've always thought of them more like a fat kid being unable to decide what candy he wants, so he eats them all and ends up tasting none! 
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2016 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by obesechopper obesechopper wrote:

Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

I've always thought of them more like a fat kid being unable to decide what candy he wants, so he eats them all and ends up tasting none! 

Exact same thing!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic