Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nexy Arirang review thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2013 at 11:43am
Magic_M... I am with you about controlling the explosive shots with certain rubbers. I have used Aurus for a couple years on FH on just about every blade I played. I know this rubber well. On Arirang, I has issues keeping the ball from going long on power shots. I had to take off just a little power. Not a good thing.

However, with Evolution FX-P 2.1, NONE of that problem. The power finishing shot LANDS time and time again where I want it with excellent spin and kick.

Greg, a Div 1 ringer in our KFTTC tells me that with both Aurus and Evolution EL-P, my loops had great speed and heavy spin, but still didn't trouble him much. When I used FX-P on FH, it gave him all sorts of problems to control my attacks. Spin was heavy and kicking off the table uncomfortably and suddenly.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Sponsored Links

PingPongHolic10 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2013 at 1:43pm
I'll have my Arirang review up soon if anyone cares....I'm the Korean Reading Penholder Wink

MX-P is one of the more Linear rubbers comparing to other Tensors or latest generation stuff.  The upside for me is that MX-P has more gears than say M1/T64, IMO.  I have it on my RPB. 

Edited by PingPongHolic10 - 08/22/2013 at 1:46pm
My FS/FT

Member of Yinhe,OSP & Nexy Clan
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2013 at 11:18pm
Drive on Holic, look forward to seeing your opinions.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2013 at 4:08am
Originally posted by PingPongHolic10 PingPongHolic10 wrote:

I'll have my Arirang review up soon if anyone cares....I'm the Korean Reading Penholder Wink

MX-P is one of the more Linear rubbers comparing to other Tensors or latest generation stuff.  The upside for me is that MX-P has more gears than say M1/T64, IMO.  I have it on my RPB. 

We gunna hafta get you a T-Shirt saying that along with some cool graphic...
thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2013 at 11:32pm
Nexy Arirang review:
I am testing a 90g ST Arirang that NEXY kindly offered for testing. I play several times with it just to make sure.
This blade has OFF+ speed, faster than the TB series to me. Feels lighter than 90g and has a medium to low throw. Quality blade craftsmanship and Butterfly like finish; the grip is super comfortable and the sharp edges are rounded out.

Basic counters: decent speed but not too fast. The blade has no vibration and the top two layers provide very nice soft feel. The carbon layer and the middle burnt layer seem to be one. It’s stiff and very very hard.

Short games: pushes, flicks, serves are well controlled.

Blocks: Well control on slower loops but faster loops require good hands, because Arirang is harder to control when the ball gets too deep into the layers. Still, it is well above average because it has no vibration and is stiff.

Loops: this is the area where the blade seem to be different from most of the blades that I used. Arirang feels very soft and very thin because it is a combination of two kind of materials, soft wood layers at the outer and hard carbon and burnt wood at the inner. Soft feel because during brush loops, fake loops, or spin loops the ball only make contact with the outer part of Arirang. Hard and thin when I loop using normal strokes. During power loops I like to feel the ball completely hitting through the blade for a split second. Because the outer layers of Arirang are too soft to be noticed and take little energy to hit through, I often only feel the inner part when looping. The inner is probably less than 4mm but very very hard to penatrate. You have to be physically fit and strong to use Arirang. In other words, Arirang has less than average dwell time for loops. I simply can't play with the normal H3. I had to changed to GD superspin g3. Any soft sponged ruuber with a sticky topsheet is better suited.

Close to the table, mid distance: This is not a close to the table blade for me. I am not fast enough to provide more dwell time for my loops. I prefer playing a few steps back to gain more time for loops.

Arirang is for an advance player who is looking for extra speed and power on his loops. Or, if you have super soft hands this might also be the balde for you. Arirang is more linear than any blade that I have tried and would provide more power.

edited: this blade reminds me of the center carbon design but I must say that I haven't play with a center carbon for a long time and my memory isn't very good.

Edited by thethinker - 08/25/2013 at 11:37pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2013 at 9:53am
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

We gunna hafta get you a T-Shirt saying that along with some cool graphic...
I might be able to make that happen!!!
My FS/FT

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2013 at 9:55am
Below is PPH's review:

First Impressions: The blade is a beauty to look at, flawless craftsmanship, and slightly shaved shoulders for comfort.  I am in love with the handle design ♥.  From the knock of the wood on skull, it produces a high pitch Ping sound which usually comes from the carbon layers blades.  Even tho I have not played with carbon-based blades for a while now, I believe I’m good enough to extract the potential of this blade.  It will probably be a harder & stiffer blade comparing to my 5 ply 683.  To avoid more variance in the testing, I used the same rubbers I have been using for the past ~3 months.  Darker Vlon S (Silver) Blue Sponge on Forehand, and Palio Blitz 47.5° on Backhand.  It is apparent that the combination is slightly bouncier than my 683, and also generating as much spin if not more.

In-Action Sessions: First day at trial, I just decided to play against a tough opponent.  ~1950-2000 rated Two-Winger (Same player in my other Adidas Testing Rubber Video).  During warm up session, I can feel some loss of hand feel, but still enough for me to control.  It has more pace, and even more spinny as complimented by my club mate.  Vlon-S is an exceptional rubber for its price, however, it’s not on the ITTF approved rubbers list anymore=(.  Blitz is a Do-It-All rubber, can generate spin on brush loops & drives, blocks excellent on my backhand as well.  Upon warm ups, I can immediately feel the hardness of the blade.  The catapult on medium & hard strokes is not linear (common among Carbon-Based blades).  However, the feel is better than most composite blades I have played with,  it’s fairly easy to adjust to.  I didn’t have to work as hard in rallying compare to an all wood blade, especially on those fast blocks coming back to my side of the table.  The medium speed gear, and the spin it produces on my setup are some of the strengths of this blade. (IMO).  Counterlooping is easy from mid to long distance.  Also, the throw is not much off from my 5ply OSP, so the transition wasn’t as tough. 

Summary: Been playing with the same setup for ~2 weeks.  More matches than practices.  I have noticed an increase of points won against high level rated players (2100-2300).  Even when I find myself down 4-8, 5-9, I have made huge comebacks & won those sets.  Most of the games went to 5th sets, and I lost 90% of those matches.  I firmly believe that playing with a slower blade really helps in improving all categories of the game, and the learning curve for faster blades become shorter.  A lot of the points I usually lose are the mid distance rallies, but not with this blade combination=).  Videos to be posted below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKNuigwBZcw&feature=youtu.be

Hopefully from this video you can see the comments I’ve made regards to my setup:

Heavy spin serves, requires good touch on blocking due to medium stiffness and bounciness from blade, produce very spinny, and powerful loops.  Medium gear speed bails me out of jammed shots.  Good third ball power. 

Overall: I would rate ARIRANG against the similar structured (Carbon-Based) blades I have used from my EJ experiences.  Rubbers used are Tacky Chinese FH, and Tensor BH

Speed(1st Gear)  Yinhe V4 = Chinese ULC > Amultart  Arirang > IF ZLC = Taksim

Speed(Max Gear): Amultart  > Chinese ULC > IF ZLC = Yinhe V4 ≥ Arirang > Taksim

Spin Generation: Arirang ≥ IF ZLC = Yinhe V4 > Amultart ≥ Taksim > Chinese ULC

Medium Gear: Amultart ≥ Arirang > Chinese ULC = Yinhe V4 > Taksim > IF ZLC

Feel: Arirang > IF ZLC ≥ Amultart ≥ Yinhe V4 > Taksim > Chinese ULC 

Control(Placement, defense): Arirang ≥ IF ZLC > Yinhe V4 ≥ Taksim > Chinese ULC > Amultart

In conclusion I will rate Arirang as follows:

83gr, ~6.0mm thick,

Speed (medium-top Gears): (9-9.5) out of 10

Spin: 9.8 out of 10

Control: 9.0 out of 10

Hardness: Medium-Hard

Flex: Medium-Stiff

My FS/FT

Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2013 at 10:29am
I am testing 81g Fl sample :

Dressed with Joola Rhyzm and Xiom Omega IV both in 2.0mm TTL 173gr
To be compared With Joola Rossi Emotion 81gr+Rhyzm+Express one ttl 174gr and Nexy Oscar+ T64x2 178gr
Arirang has the softest feel out of the three and is also the flexiest which is not too surprising considering it is also the thinest (but not by much).
It is clearly a two gear blade as it's slow a controlable in the short and mid game. As soon as the loop/attack game is launched the blade starts to flex and catapult high speed shots. Dwelltime is long and sweetspot above average. Fl handle very comfy and well designed, on the larger range of fl thow.
Throw is middle high. I was immediadely at ease just like I had played this blade for years. Maybe because it feels very much like the two others which are some of my favorites blades.
The only part were I had much trouble is for BH blocking. As used to something stiffer, it took me some time to understand I had to do some active blocks otherwise my shots were all long. Also throw been higher, I had to close angle.
I also felt this blades needs some more skills and good footwork than the others. Not very forgiving. If the shot isn't performed perfectly, ball goes long. However, in the short game and especially for dropshots, this blade really shines.
In brief, very good in short game, one of the most controlable OFF blade, soft feel.
Surprisingly fast in looping and counter looping.
Hitting and blocking is good provided player remains active. Passive blocking has to be forbiden.
I like the blade very much and shall continue to explore its facilities. I must admit that the two others fit my game much better. To be continued...
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
htfu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote htfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2013 at 10:34am
pph, the youtube video is private ... could you make it pubic?
denial ... it's not just a river in north africa
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2013 at 11:09am
JCDI, I felt blocking was a very good strength of this blade. I am staying in WAY more points using this blade. My soft defensive topspin shots keep me in the rally and give me a chance to go offensive often. I use all blocks, soft, passive, hard (active), soft counter defensive topspin. I think with FX-P, Arirang was a beast in any defensive shot where you moved the blade a little.
The active blocks had great feel, I could land those well and also the ones where you brush over the ball off the bounce as a quick reaction defensive topspin soft brush touch shot where opponent somehow surprised you and you are not in position or prepared to make a strong attack. I have no issues blocking with this blade, but I block well and most of the time I move my blade to redirect the ball most of the time. I only just hold it if I am trying to change hand pressure to give back a subtle knuckle block or a reduced speed change of pace block, so maybe I just don't notice it. Any shot where you engage the blade even a little feels great and controlled.
The balls where my lefty southpaw opponents sent me a hookshot curving into me too much... I could bend and make a soft stroke and return that shot with topspin that was tricky to opponent and get another chance to get back on attack.

I cannot say enough how well your SECOND offensive shot with this thing is... wonderful. First loop is spinny, but you can really open up the attack against the block on your second attacking shot. I am so with you on your fast attacking shot opinion of this blade. You have the power to put it away when you set it up, but feel and control are way up there. Some rubbers work better than others. FX-P is working super for me on FH.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2013 at 11:20am
Cool Vid PPP, you gave 'em all some.
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2013 at 2:11pm

JCDI, I felt blocking was a very good strength of this blade. I am staying in WAY more points using this blade. My soft defensive topspin shots keep me in the rally and give me a chance to go offensive often. I use all blocks, soft, passive, hard (active), soft counter defensive topspin. I think with FX-P, Arirang was a beast in any defensive shot where you moved the blade a little.
The active blocks had great feel, I could land those well and also the ones where you brush over the ball off the bounce as a quick reaction defensive topspin soft brush touch shot where opponent somehow surprised you and you are not in position or prepared to make a strong attack. I have no issues blocking with this blade, but I block well and most of the time I move my blade to redirect the ball most of the time. I only just hold it if I am trying to change hand pressure to give back a subtle knuckle block or a reduced speed change of pace block, so maybe I just don't notice it. Any shot where you engage the blade even a little feels great and controlled.
The balls where my lefty southpaw opponents sent me a hookshot curving into me too much... I could bend and make a soft stroke and return that shot with topspin that was tricky to opponent and get another chance to get back on attack.

I cannot say enough how well your SECOND offensive shot with this thing is... wonderful. First loop is spinny, but you can really open up the attack against the block on your second attacking shot. I am so with you on your fast attacking shot opinion of this blade. You have the power to put it away when you set it up, but feel and control are way up there. Some rubbers work better than others. FX-P is working super for me on FH.

Well, let's first say that I am recovering from surgery and that I am not 100% fit. Second of all, my BH blocking has always been one of the weakest part of my game. That is why I am very picky with this item. I prefer stiff blades over flexy blades just because that makes BH blocks easier for me. I am not saying that Arirang is a trampoline, on the contrary I very much like this blade. I am just saying that, compared to the two others, its flexier spec doesn't help me. Maybe after a few more sessions, I will handle this shot better.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2013 at 2:51pm

I enjoyed the review and the video.

the other video tips about playing a chopper is pretty cool too:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=knRjMQNY750
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2013 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I enjoyed the review and the video.

the other video tips about playing a chopper is pretty cool too:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=knRjMQNY750
Thanks Fatt!  I would look alot better with one of those Limited Edidtion 10th MYTT Anniv. ShirtsWink
My FS/FT

Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2013 at 5:12am
Originally posted by jcdi jcdi wrote:

As soon as the loop/attack game is launched the blade starts to flex and catapult high speed shots. 
The only part were I had much trouble is for BH blocking. As used to something stiffer, it took me some time to understand I had to do some active blocks otherwise my shots were all long. Also throw been higher, I had to close angle. I also felt this blades needs some more skills and good footwork than the others. Not very forgiving. If the shot isn't performed perfectly, ball goes long. 
Surprisingly fast in looping and counter looping. Hitting and blocking is good provided player remains active. Passive blocking has to be forbiden.
---
I like the blade very much and shall continue to explore its facilities

That`s also my impression. I really like the feeling of this blade (it`s my first Nexy), but it is very hard for me to control my attacks and to control BH-blocks.

So I decided to test the Tenergy 05 on the FH (I can`t play this rubber on my Nittaku Tenor) and the first impression was very good. It seems, that the blade harmonizes well with less bouncy rubbers. On the BH I am still searching for the right rubber.

Next step will be, to test some harder chinese rubbers on Arirang
- Three Nine T 2,2 on FH and
- CTT National Hero 2,0 on BH

The question will be, if the wonderful feeling of Arirang gets lost by playing with such rubbers. 
I will tell you my impressions in a few days.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2013 at 7:19am
In the last two weeks I continued my tests with Arirang, this time with T05 on FH (good decision) and chinese rubbers on BH (bad decision).

The T05 on FH was easier to control than Evolution MX-P, because it is more linear. But I have still a problem with my BH, because Arirang is too bouncy for my game. Chinese rubbers on BH were not the right for me, because it is a complete other feeling and there is not enough time to change my game. And of course there is no reason, because I still have a very good blade (Nittaku Tenor).

So I will end my tests for the moment and hold my Tenor as my main blade. Maybe I will continue my tests with Arirang at the end of the year. If it doesn`t fit again, Arirang will find a nice place in my collection.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2013 at 8:04am
Originally posted by harldhzx harldhzx wrote:

"I played a match vs our young female coach last night. (Hey guys, fly over to my club, she is not married yet and is in the prime of her "gotta get married" age. Embarrassed"

Although I am happily married myself I might enjoy a photo :) 

OK, here is a pic of coach a few weeks ago.

weestenosis View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weestenosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2013 at 2:49pm
I used my arirang again last week with red used rasant and used black T64. I foubd out the it has no power in mid distance. I have to swing my arm strong to get the speed i need and made my shoulder hurt.... It has really good dwel during serve for great spin.
Butterfly Amultart cpen

My Feedback
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2013 at 4:49pm

Originally posted by harldhzx harldhzx wrote:

"I played a match vs our young female coach last night. (Hey guys, fly over to my club, she is not married yet and is in the prime of her "gotta get married" age. Embarrassed"

Although I am happily married myself I might enjoy a photo :) 

OK, here is a pic of coach a few weeks ago.

I love Korea.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2013 at 9:08pm
Too bad you never made it over here while I waz in Korea Baal, we woulda had a BLAST.

In contrast to the tester who says middle distance is lacking in Power, even on my ALL+ blade I was using before getting the Arirang... I slapped a sheet of used Rasant on that puppy and it turned into a fighting dog from mid distance on attacks from passive balls and counter loops. what a beast Rasant was on an ALL+ blade.

With Arirang and Evolution FX-P, I am SO confident attacking at this distance. I can counter rip with control. I can hit. I can play passing shots low with some light topspin to get a better ball to attack. I love this blade at mid distance. Heck, even those soft defensive topspin shots that keep you in the rally land well and keep you in the point ready to pick back up the attack if opponent allows you.

Vs the coach in the pic above (who is USATT 2400 level despite coaching full time all day) those defensive topspins from her attacks kept me in many points and allowed me to take the initiative when she was surprised it came back where it did.
harldhzx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harldhzx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2013 at 9:32pm
@BH-Man: Thx. What is her feedback on Arirang - also, does she really play with that footwear :) ? 
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2013 at 10:02pm
She turned down my offer to allow her to tryout the Arirang. Top players here are not that much into testing out gear. They find something they like and stay with it through the typhoons.

Yeah, those Addidas sandals sure look nice, but here's the deal. This pic was taken near closing time of 11 PM. She had been coaching all day and had to rest her footsies before going home. If you coach all day long and feed multiball, singleball, and move around like they have to, it really takes a toll on you. They like to take off their shoes whenever they get a chance.

Send Ur friends over here to my local club, she needs a suitor. Korean society will not look nicely upon her if she isn't married in the next few years. She is in the market, but is there anyone who can handle her TT game? she is USATT 2400 level despite full time coaching, which of course drops you one playing level or more.
thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2013 at 12:32am
I am still very positive on Arirang. A used, softer sheet of H3 on my fh is better than a fresh sheet. From reading other reviews I would have to say that you have to chose the rubber very carefully using Arirang.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2013 at 1:04pm
I have to agree and was so surprised a soft rubber works so great on this blade. I SO HATED FX rubbers on FH using TBS, but FX-P on Arirang is GOLDEN for me.
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2013 at 10:34am
Sorry for the late review of the Arirang blade. But as a player and coach the beginning of the season is quite busy.

As soon as I let the ball bounce on the bare blade I could understand why the purpose of the blade is depth. You can clearly feel the hard burned central ply behind the soft hinoki outer ply and the aramid-carbon ply.

I tested the blade with my usual rubbers: T64 2,1 in the forehand and T64FX 2,1 in the backhand. The weight of the blade is 81,7gr and overall setup was about 168gr if I remember well.

The blade is quite thin and quite hard compared to most arylate-carbon hinoki blade I have tested (Iolite, Iolite Neo, Supreme Speed, Cofferlait, KLS, Oscar, T-7, T-8...). Also the playing characteristics are quite different. It is way less bouncy in the short game and dwell-time is much longer on opening loops. You have to generate the speed by yourself but when you do it, it doesn't seem limited to do so. It is more a looper blade because it is not as good as other hinoki-carbon blades in flat hitting.

I did a direct comparison with Oscar. As said before Arirang has so much more control in the short game and on opening loops yet so much more power when you really want to hit it hard. Oscar has a nice soft feel and good overall control but sometimes it is a but too bouncy compared to Arirang. It is very easy to generate medium speed with the Oscar but it feels more limited on power shots.
On flat hitting Oscar is much easier and better but Arirang has more control for blocking on powerful or spinny loops.

Overall the Arirang is very complete off blade with good control, good looping specs and quite some power even though power is not its strong point. The closest blade I know is the Joola Rosskopf Emotion which is slowly becoming a classic best-seller on the french forum. Arirang could have the same success. I personally think it has a better feel and a bit more gears but the price might be a limit to its success.

I will try to do a direct comparison betwwen Arirang and Emotion when I get time to do it.

Thanks to Nexy for giving me the opportunity to test this very unique blade.

Edited by ttping85 - 10/16/2013 at 4:59pm
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2013 at 5:32pm
So how thick is Arirang? is it below 6 mm?

I have held it in my hands when I met BH-Man at a tournament a few weeks ago but I am not sure I looked at the edges.

Did I hit with it? I think I did but cannot be 100% sure - William and I did practiced together for a few minutes and tried each other blades (I think) ... and if that was Arirang I was playing it felt very different from my setup (BBC X-Fusion with Tenergy 05 FX on both sides).
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2013 at 11:57pm
Yes, it was the Arirang you tried with Evolution FX-P (Black) and EL-P.

We hit maybe 2 minutes with each other's setup, gave them back to each other, hit maybe 3 balls, then had to vacate the tables for the start of events.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2013 at 11:11am

Yes, it was the Arirang you tried with Evolution FX-P (Black) and EL-P.

We hit maybe 2 minutes with each other's setup, gave them back to each other, hit maybe 3 balls, then had to vacate the tables for the start of events.

Thanks!

So how thick is it? I didn't find any dimensions for it on Nexy site. Is it flexy with lots of catapult? or is it closer to linear blades?
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2013 at 11:28am
I don't have a gauge here, but using a ruler, I'd say more than 6mm, and closer to 6.5mm. I'd guess 6.3mm.
Flex, catapult? it all depends on your reference.
Dwell time is high, i.e. I'd say it's a soft blade. About catapult, it's not stiff at all for being a carbon blade: think Nittaku Acoustic, OSP Virtuoso, and Nexy Calix. Tibhar Inca has a similar construction but is way stiffer.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2013 at 6:45pm
TAK9.com website sez it is 6 MM

Feel is soft. Stiffness is likely thicker than it feels, jut like TBS feels softer or flexier than it really is. Catapult of power finishing shots a meter from the table is super nice.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic