Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

galaxy blades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
chin_penholder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chin_penholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: galaxy blades
    Posted: 04/22/2006 at 7:35pm

has anyone tried any of the galaxy blades? i was looking at the galaxy T-8 (CS) blade, it has carbon and arylate layers. its cheap and it sounds pretty good. its on speedpong.net, and btw has anyone ordered from speed pong? how is their service?

any main point: how is that galaxy blade (CS)

my setup is:      fh:H3 pro       RPB:sriver EL

Sponsored Links

hieupham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hieupham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2006 at 10:51pm
I have tried T-2, it s good, feels like Sardius but a little less control, but still good at its price. When some guys at a club asked me how much the blade is, they believe it is $50 when i told them. Actually, i got that one for just $15.
DHS Hurricane King FL
FH: B. Hurricane 3 2.2mm
BH: R. Sriver EL 2.1
SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2006 at 11:15pm

I tried T4.  It is a great deal for the price and a real bargain.  The one I tied out had no visible flaws that I could tell.  I usually use Stiga and BTY and it has a good feel.  It has a similar feel to the Maze/TBS BTY line but a little different.  I use TBS personally and since the handle is different it just felt awkward at first.  But it had a dead feeling as well but sounded slightly different when struck.  I'm not sure why but it could because of the different layering on the Arylate.

At $40 you can't beat it.

Sean Ramones - USA 91709
Ebay Feedback
For Sale
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2006 at 10:22pm

Originally posted by hieupham hieupham wrote:

I have tried T-2, it s good, feels like Sardius but a little less control, but still good at its price. When some guys at a club asked me how much the blade is, they believe it is $50 when i told them. Actually, i got that one for just $15.

Where did you buy the T-2?  I dont see it at Speedpong or Hiqua.

Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Xiom Sigma Pro Red and Black
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05 Black and Red 64
hieupham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hieupham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2006 at 10:41pm
I got it in Vietnam. I m from Vietnam, but now i m in the US. Everything that made from China, we got it at a very low price in Vietnam, for saying Globe999 or Globe999T with normal Chinese sponges, it s $4/each, and $11 for H2 and H3. I wish i could find that price here.
DHS Hurricane King FL
wayneccn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayneccn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2006 at 10:45pm
I had one, the paint kinda came off when i reglue though....

then i sorta cracked it...
primorac penhold
fh raystorm short pips
bh transcend
hieupham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hieupham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2006 at 10:45pm
btw, Wfwfitz, u can look up at Presport: http://www.presports.com to find the T-2. The price is $27 or something, not too bad.
DHS Hurricane King FL
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2006 at 11:43pm

Originally posted by wayneccn wayneccn wrote:

I had one, the paint kinda came off when i reglue though....

then i sorta cracked it...

Is it a fragile blade or was that an accident.  How did it play?

Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Butterfly Amultart
azrin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2006 at 12:57am

i got the chance to view one of the galaxy milkyway or in chinese they called it Yin He blade which im very interested in. its the titanium one... compared to other galaxy blade which is also in flared (FL) handle, this model handle is slightly smaller and compact which i would say similar to Butterfly primo vitesse (small rounded flared). other  galaxy blade handle which are also in flared were quite bigger and rounded but more of a circle round rather than an oval round if we observe it at the cross section. Both have good workmanship. the top most layer after the titanium layer of the galaxy model is a great kiso hinoki layer.

id also did some bouncing of balls on the galaxy titanium blade comparing it with stiga titanium WRB and found that galaxy titanium have a very much higher pitch sound and stiffer (i wound say it is faster due to higher density of the blade) compared to stiga titanuim which has more feeling and much lesser pitch sound. Quite to my surprise, the weigh of galaxy titanium is more or less 85g-87g which is less than stiga titanium of 95g-97g. Stiga titanium WRB cost about $100 US dollar (RM380) while galaxy titanium cost $75  US Dollar (RM290) here in Malaysia....hmmm sounds interesting if you are a titanium fan... for me is too fast...well you'll be the judge 

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2006 at 7:37am
In general, galaxy blades are considered to be one of the top two or three mass-produced brands in China, and they make a lot of stuff for other companies like butterfly and tibhar.  Much like sunflex in that regard.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
pingpongkf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongkf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2006 at 9:57am
In terms of rubbers they are minor to 729 and DHS.

But for blades they are more superior to both. They are less popular because they are "poor", they don't have the financial to support any world class players or any commercials. unlike 729 and DHS. But their blades are of great quality and are very popular in china. but not rubbers.

There's also a brand called "Sword" also gaining more popularity in china.
www.speedpong.net
TT EQUIPMENTS: Nittaku, Butterfly, Stiga, Yasaka, Galaxy YinHe, DHS, Friendship, Globe.
C.Y. View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C.Y. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2006 at 4:50pm
The followings are some popular Galaxy blades that have similar structure/material to other brands' well-known blades:

U4, U6 -- OC CR WRB
W3, K2 -- Kong Linghui arylate/carbon
W5 -- YSC
W6 -- YE
K4 -- Timo Boll Spirit
K5 -- Viscaria
K6 -- Maze
T1 -- Primorac
T2 -- Schlager
M5, M6 -- CL

The followings are their the street price(RMB) in China:
U4 -- 75
U6 -- 155
W3 -- 205
W5 -- 150
W6 -- 116
K4 -- 166
K5 -- 180
K6 -- 160
T1 -- 122
T2 -- 85
M5 -- 96
M6 -- 106

As far as Galaxy 896, it's an entry level blade, it sells for about 40RMB.

wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2006 at 5:20pm
So the T-2 is faster than the T-1 and it is similar to both the Schlager and Sardius.  Thanks for the list C.Y. it is very helpful.  Is the T-3 or T-4 similar to the Gergely?
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Butterfly Amultart
C.Y. View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C.Y. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2006 at 5:55pm
I have a typo, T1 should be like Schlager carbon and T2 should be like Primorac carbon. T1 is faster than T2. T3 and T4 are not that popular as T1/T2, I don't know what their structure/material are.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2006 at 5:59pm

The T3 & T4 have 3 and 4 layers of carbon, I don't think there would be any equivalents... The T4 feels very fast and rigid!

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2006 at 6:26pm
Thanks CY, Hieupham thought the T-2 similar to the Sardius which is faster than the Primorac but slower than the Schlager.  So it is all falling into place.  Looks like I can find some cheap replacements for my Sardius and Gergely.
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Butterfly Amultart
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2006 at 6:32pm
Another Sardius clone is the 729 8030, even looks the same...
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
C.Y. View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C.Y. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2006 at 6:52pm
Even though T1/T2 are similar to Schlager/Primorac, T1/T2 are slower than their counterpart but much easier to control. Usually Galaxy is famous for their wood blades, but T1, T2 and K4 has very good performance, especially given their low price.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongkf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2006 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by C.Y. C.Y. wrote:

The followings are some popular Galaxy blades that have similar structure/material to other brands' well-known blades:

U4, U6 -- OC CR WRB
W3, K2 -- Kong Linghui arylate/carbon
W5 -- YSC
W6 -- YE
K4 -- Timo Boll Spirit
K5 -- Viscaria
K6 -- Maze
T1 -- Primorac
T2 -- Schlager
M5, M6 -- CL

wow, impressive, but where did you get all this?? interesting.
www.speedpong.net
TT EQUIPMENTS: Nittaku, Butterfly, Stiga, Yasaka, Galaxy YinHe, DHS, Friendship, Globe.
C.Y. View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C.Y. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2006 at 7:05pm
I gather those info from other Chinese users' input over the time.

Isn't there an edit function? I'd like to fix my typo on T1 and T2.
hypezone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypezone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2006 at 8:50pm
I have the 896. Gotta love the galaxy handles...so fat and...I'm getting ahead of myself. My next blade will definitely be another Galaxy.
I also play with Galaxy rubber, the 9000E. VERY Spinny.
chin_penholder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chin_penholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2006 at 9:54pm
anyone played with the T-8?
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2006 at 12:01am
No C.Y. there is no edit function.  Dont worry your follow up post cleared it up.
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Butterfly Amultart
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2006 at 12:04am

wow, impressive, but where did you get all this?? interesting.[/QUOTE]

Yes very impressive on about.com we tried to get this comparisson and did not get more than about 2.  Very good job again C.Y.

Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Butterfly Amultart
7homuz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7homuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2006 at 1:03am
hey man, do you guys know where to get these blades in hong kong or shen zhen? thanks in advance.
thomas
Blade:Darker 7P-2A
Forehand: Donic Bluefire M2 MAX
Backhand: Palio CK531A 0.6
C.Y. View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C.Y. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2006 at 1:45am
If you can read Chinese, you can buy from this taobao store http://shop10729083.taobao.com/ or this one http://shop33307399.taobao.com/
powerplay.de View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powerplay.de Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2006 at 4:12am
Originally posted by chin_penholder chin_penholder wrote:

anyone played with the T-8?

i tested T8 Shakehand only one time speedglued with bryce max and hammond pro alpha max. First to say is that the blade is very heavy (96g). Due to similar system like stigas wrb its very headheavy. I dislike headheavy blades! The blade was very fast and the control was ok. Quite soft touch due hinoki outerply similar to primorac carbon. I dont like the handle at all. I feels so cheap, no wood like feel. Overall its a good blade for his price. I paid 30�.
fortunateluck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fortunateluck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2006 at 6:52am

I have 986 carbon j-pen, and it's the best I found for pips out play in the likes of Kim Wan, Kim Ki Taek and Hyun Jung Hwa, who used BTY Senko-5, which I was not too comfortable with in the way the handle fits my hand. I would definitely recommend it. Shaved the cork in the back for RPB, where I use smooth. Even with rubbers on both sides, it's not heavy at all, which is pretty important for fast pips out play close to the table.

Perhaps the best thing about it is the 986 logo at the end of the handle is the same 986 upside down!  LOL!!

teamsn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teamsn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2006 at 5:53pm
couldn't find galaxy titanium blade in any online shop. What is the model number?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongkf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2006 at 6:41pm
never heard of it.
www.speedpong.net
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic