Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

The "professional version" YEO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
PatrickL2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatrickL2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The "professional version" YEO
    Posted: 08/30/2013 at 7:13am
This is a real treasure for we YEO lovers! Somehow it is only available on the Chinese market currently. It might not be exactly the same as the one in Ma Lin's hand, but it is definitely closer to it than the normal version ones. My previous normal version YEO is only 80-gram. It has a hollow feeling and too much vibration. Its blocking lacks stability and it lacks power when I am looping far away from the table. So I switched to my current 98-gram penhold "professional version" one LOL! Its Ayous core has many brown-color texture(they are indeed very dense and hard wood fibers), making it significantly harder than the Ayous core of a normal version YEO. It has every great characteristic of the normal version YEO but has a more solid feeling. The quality of blocking is obviously improved and it still has strong power when you are playing far away from the table. IT IS A BEAST! The only disadvantage, of course, is its scary weight. It requires you to have a strong wrist, especially if you are a penholder. Mine is 98-gram and I use Hurricane 3 on the forehand, so my options for the backhand rubber is very limited. I cannot choose those heavy rubbers such as Tenergy or 5Q.

Sponsored Links

bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2013 at 9:34am
Totally fake YEO, if it plays well then it's all good. It is a fake though

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatrickL2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2013 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

Totally fake YEO, if it plays well then it's all good. It is a fake though

If you do more research, you would probably change your opinion. In China, YASAKA blades are generally classified into three versions: "the Japanese version", "the Chinese version" and "the European version" based on which market they are originally intended to be sold. 

"The Japanese version" is intended to be sold on Japanese market. It is packed in a paper box and has the J.T.T.A.A mark on one side of the handle.

"The Chinese version" (called "行货“ in Chinese) is intended to be sold on Chinese market. It is also packed in a paper box and also has the J.T.T.A.A mark on one side of the handle. However, the paper box is different from the Japanese version.  In addition, it has a 7-digit serial number on the face of the blade and an anti-counterfeit label which contains a unique 8-digit code that can be verified on the YASAKA-China official website.

"The European version" is for sale in countries other than China and Japan. It is packed in a flat plastic case and it doesn't have the serial number, the J.T.T.A.A mark and the anti-counterfeit label.

And you may also be curious about how the YEO blade came into existence. It is based on a prototype called "YE II" or "the YE 2nd Generation". The YE II could be considered as a limited edition because it was discontinued after only a small number of blade was manufactured (notice that each of this blade is assigned a unique number, as the "NO. 24” in the pictures). Then it evolved into the current YEO. You could notice that the colors of the handle of the YE II is almost identical to that of the ‘pro version" YEO that I am using. This may explain why the "pro version" YEO looks different from the normal version YEO (because it inherits this appearance of its prototype - YE II).

I don't know why this "pro version" of YEO is only available in China, maybe because China has the largest number of penhold players so this kind of "pro version" would have huge market demand there.

Edited by PatrickL2012 - 08/30/2013 at 12:10pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatrickL2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2013 at 12:29pm
You could also look at this scanned Table Tennis World magazine, which is the most influential TT magazine in China.

Look at the YASAKA advertisement on the page 10. Then you can know that this kind of "pro version“ YEO really exists.

crackfst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crackfst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2013 at 5:48pm
looks good to me. very nice weight too, although most of the forums members wrists seem to be of jelly or they have extremely underdeveloped forearms because they always crave the lightest blades(which yield no real benefit if you are "strong"Sleepy enough) possible
Darker Speed 90 Jpen
Tenergy 64
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2013 at 12:43am
If it's not fake then its built locally in China for the Chinese market. You can just see looking at the blade that its not built in the wood house factory. The lens labels are not good enough and the handle isn't the right shape or as good as a yeo normally is. It just doesn't make any sense when the majority of yeos don't even make their 85 grams apex weight

Edited by bluebucket - 08/31/2013 at 12:48am
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2013 at 3:38am
YEO II is not fake.

Yasaka (Sweden) makes them
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2014 at 12:38am
strange that there's no print on the face of the blade
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2014 at 12:54am
That's normal. The very early batches of YEO have blank face when it was first released in 2008.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2014 at 12:58am
interesting, thanks for the link zeio

p.s. the YEO is only 6 years old? didn't realize that
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2014 at 1:23am
I picked up one of the pro extra offensives a few weeks ago and it's much harder than the regular/jtta one, and the shoulders/wings are wider too (stiga-like).  The feeling is incredible with no vibration, but still has the distinct woody YEO feel...  it's hard to describe.  It also blocks a TON more easily than the regular version.  I loved it so much I ordered a spare Thumbs Up

I'm baffled as to why Yasaka doesn't just make all YEO's this way

Edited by schen - 03/26/2014 at 1:24am
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2014 at 1:23am
Don't mention it. The JTTAA version was released a year after that.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
regiz.rugenz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2014 at 5:42am
Originally posted by schen schen wrote:

I picked up one of the pro extra offensives a few weeks ago and it's much harder than the regular/jtta one, and the shoulders/wings are wider too (stiga-like).  The feeling is incredible with no vibration, but still has the distinct woody YEO feel...  it's hard to describe.  It also blocks a TON more easily than the regular version.  I loved it so much I ordered a spare Thumbs Up

I'm baffled as to why Yasaka doesn't just make all YEO's this way

can you provide a link where you bought the blade please?

thanks!

Regiz°ᆗ
Rosewood_Carbon/Huricane_King   °FH:Vega_Japan/T64FX   °BH:OmegaV_Euro/Rasant
°°°°
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2014 at 2:37pm
it was on taobao from a seller named "yaosir"

I will be posting a video soon about the blade.

Dynasty / H3 / H3
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2014 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by regiz.rugenz regiz.rugenz wrote:

can you provide a link where you bought the blade please?

thanks!

assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2014 at 3:02pm
shakehand? I want to buy a shakehand! ST handle
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2014 at 3:17pm
You're out of luck. It's currently available in Cpen and China only.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2014 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

You're out of luck. It's currently available in Cpen and China only.

I get the cpen part, but you don't think anyone can order from taobao? I've bought custom blades off of taoboa
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2014 at 8:14pm
Your buying custom blades off of Taobao means you're getting them from China, right? And if you buy the YEO Pro from Taobao, does that mean it's available elsewhere outside of China?
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2014 at 8:16pm
I took you to mean it would be impossible to buy it unless you were in China
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2014 at 2:19am

A little unboxing/assembly/first impressions video I made when I got my spare YEO pro in the mail!  Smile

I played with it today in my club league, and it plays well, but I guess even YEO pro versions have different feelings like the commercial ones as my new spare felt a little softer than my main blade even with non-neo blue sponge.

Edited by schen - 03/28/2014 at 2:19am

Dynasty / H3 / H3
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2014 at 3:28am
Nice video. Those are some heavy-weights for a penhold setup.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2014 at 12:06pm

+1

Quality speaks.  
Regiz°ᆗ
°°°°
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2014 at 12:14pm

I find it 188g-193g to be the sweet spot for me when it comes to weight.

Dynasty / H3 / H3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2014 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by schen schen wrote:

You must be a registered member and post a reply in this topic to view the hidden content within this post!

A little unboxing/assembly/first impressions video I made when I got my spare YEO pro in the mail!  Smile

I played with it today in my club league, and it plays well, but I guess even YEO pro versions have different feelings like the commercial ones as my new spare felt a little softer than my main blade even with non-neo blue sponge.

That is high quality footage and first class production..

Your work really speaks off quality.. is that one of your drumsticks you use in the pitch test? 
I wonder how you find time to play, you must have really tight hectic schedules with production, video graphics, drums, and still play table tennis.. :D

Oh BTW, that was really a grippy rubber you showed on the Shek Tong Tsui.. I know it's a DHS rubber ... what's on it? :D

Regiz°ᆗ
°°°°
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2014 at 1:39pm

That is high quality footage and first class production..

Your work really speaks off quality.. is that one of your drumsticks you use in the pitch test? 
I wonder how you find time to play, you must have really tight hectic schedules with production, video graphics, drums, and still play table tennis.. :D

Thank you very much!  Yes that is a timpani mallet :P  I am a professional musician/producer/videographer out in New York and I figured I might utilize some of that equipment for making some personal table tennis videos.  I manage to play maybe 2-3 times a week, but thankfully my coaches and club have flexible hours Smile

Oh BTW, that was really a grippy rubber you showed on the Shek Tong Tsui.. 
I know it's a DHS rubber ... what's on it? :D

I'm a little unclear on what you're talking about here?  The DHS rubber in the video was a provincial Hurricane 3 blue sponge non-neo 41deg

Edited by schen - 03/28/2014 at 1:39pm

Dynasty / H3 / H3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2014 at 2:18pm
Steven,

Sorry, I was referring to one of the videos on your youtube.. one with slow rolling ball on a grippy DHS rubber (orange sponge), while tilting the blade. 

Yup, I knew already you're a Pro soon as I saw the video.. I do visual effects too, some web graphics and web dev.. I already saw your music site and so I know you're a Pro and plays drums.. I bet you have an excellent touch and timing in table tennis upon seeing a drumstick in your video. 

You must have love as well how your blades sound. 

Regiz°ᆗ
°°°°
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2014 at 2:19pm
Just curious: Why'd you ditch the IF ZLC?
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2014 at 2:22pm

Steven,

Sorry, I was referring to one of the videos on your youtube.. one with slow rolling ball on a grippy DHS rubber (orange sponge), while tilting the blade. 

Yup, I knew already you're a Pro soon as I saw the video.. I do visual effects too, some web graphics and web dev.. I already saw your music site and so I know you're a Pro and plays drums.. I bet you have an excellent touch and timing in table tennis upon seeing a drumstick in your video. 

You must have love as well how your blades sound. 

I think you might have mistaken my channel for someone else's?  Haha I don't recall having a video on my channel with that, I just have the promotional video for my club (NYISC), a video of me drilling rpb (poorly), and the video for the YEO pro.  And having some background in music certainly helps with the touch, coordination, and timing aspects of the game :P

Dynasty / H3 / H3
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2014 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Just curious: Why'd you ditch the IF ZLC?

I found I was having difficulty spinning the ball with IFZLC when using chinese rubbers on my FH unless I only slow loop.  I felt like the IFZLC was maybe too demanding for my current level because of its very short dwell time, although blocking and counterhitting was amazing with it.

I played well with it at the North American teams and jumped almost 200 rating points, but I just didn't have the confidence that I have with a YEO in my hand Sleepy.  I'll revisit it in the future probably

Edited by schen - 03/28/2014 at 2:37pm

Dynasty / H3 / H3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic