Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coming soon! Nittaku Acoustic Carbon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coming soon! Nittaku Acoustic Carbon
    Posted: 09/07/2013 at 3:03am
I just noticed on tt-japan.net that Acoustic Carbon will be available from December. No details at the moment but it's tempting to think about a more powerful Acoustic.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
Sponsored Links

emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2013 at 3:08am
interesting...how much would it be?
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2013 at 3:31am
if they add arylate or some other softening material, it'll be magic. i don't like the feeling of carbon by itself. so far, acoustic is the most godlike counterlooping blade i've ever used, but i've been restricted from changing off viscaria by my coach :p
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2013 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by emihet emihet wrote:

On the Nittaku website the suggested price is 21000 JPY, that's 33% more expensive than the original Acoustic, which is priced at 15750 JPY.

Actually, I wonder how good it will be. This also depends to some extent on well hide glue and carbon fit together. If I'm not mistaken, Charlie (from BBC) uses hide glue for some of his all-wood blades, but not for those containing carbon layers.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2013 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

Originally posted by emihet emihet wrote:

On the Nittaku website the suggested price is 21000 JPY, that's 33% more expensive than the original Acoustic, which is priced at 15750 JPY.

Actually, I wonder how good it will be. This also depends to some extent on well hide glue and carbon fit together. If I'm not mistaken, Charlie (from BBC) uses hide glue for some of his all-wood blades, but not for those containing carbon layers.
Charlie also used hide glue for some of the carbon layer blades, but i think they he uses epoxy most of the time...the issue is that hide glue will separate if some strong tuners will go through the top ply and to the glue in between...many custom made blades will delaminate if certain tuners are used heavily and are not dry on the sponge...it has happened to a few of use with a few blades...but if they were glued with epoxy they were not affected
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2013 at 1:04am
Thanks emihet. I suppose that's because epoxy glue is irreversible, while hide glue is.

BTW, just saw that iruiru is selling regular Acoustic at 12600 JPY and accepting preorders for Acoustic Carbon at 16800 JPY. That's indeed 33% more.
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2013 at 5:31am
BTW, I wrote an email to Nittaku to enquire about whether they have plans for a Violin Carbon, and they replied that it will be one of their "strategic items in the future", but they would not tell me a release date.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2013 at 7:29am

Thanks emihet. I suppose that's because epoxy glue is irreversible, while hide glue is.

BTW, just saw that iruiru is selling regular Acoustic at 12600 JPY and accepting preorders for Acoustic Carbon at 16800 JPY. That's indeed 33% more.

It's already in the "new product" list at tabletennis11.com
It's 213usd 20%vat inclusive for acoustic carbon. Which should be something like 175usd without vat .
They have also advertised about Goriki and Rutis power which are respectively 359usd Shocked and 132usd vat incd.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2013 at 8:08am

BTW, I wrote an email to Nittaku to enquire about whether they have plans for a Violin Carbon, and they replied that it will be one of their "strategic items in the future", but they would not tell me a release date.

Violin Carbon will be hard, probably they will use kind of glass fibre or zylon carbon like of material.
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2013 at 11:24am
Tt11 is only selling it for $178 plus FREE shipping too! Can't complain about that! That site rocks!
rliu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rliu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2013 at 10:49pm
Oh my gosh a fast violin would be perfect
Blade: Hurricane King 655
Rubber: Fastarc-G1
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2014 at 8:58am
I ordered one of 85g, they also have a 84g one left.

Will be here in a few days, if it suits me it might become my weapon for next season!

Will review.
Blade: TB ALC
FH: Tenergy05 2.1
BH: Tenergy64 1.7
geswin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geswin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2014 at 8:59am
Where did you order that Thomasson?
Fan of ELCON/conic handle
V'King 05/ Sigma 2 euro/ hexer+
Virtuoso+ Hexer HD/ SE II euro
Accoustic Vega japan / P3
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2014 at 9:35am
tt-japan.net 112 euros + shipping.

Fastest shipping method (3-7 days for me) was 12 euros so I took that one.

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2014 at 10:45am
85 is very light...
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2014 at 11:55am
Was hoping for 86-88 like ones I have. Think 85 will work.
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2014 at 7:22am
Here are some pictures, blade arrived today will test today with Tenergy and hopefully tomorrow with my ordered Rakza7 in max and 2.0.

Edited by Thomasson - 01/16/2014 at 7:23am
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2014 at 8:11am
Very, very nice Thomasson! Can't wait to hear what you think of it.

Particularly, how it compares to the Virtuoso Carbon... ;-)
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2014 at 8:55am
I will try to compare it to the V-Carbon and Rossi Emotion if you like.
Im hoping it will play like a MJ with a bit more feel/control, that would be perfect.
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2014 at 6:52pm
Beautiful blade Thomasson. Looking forward to your comments.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2014 at 9:54pm
We need reviews now!
akoozab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akoozab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2014 at 11:03pm
Very interesting blade!And how it in game?
akoozab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akoozab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2014 at 11:04pm
What is it-Fe carbon(saw it on the box)?
strongpong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strongpong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2014 at 12:55am
Suuuwweeeeet!  Cool

I've been a long time Acoustic ST user, I dabble with other blades because I want a bit more power, larger sweet spot and less lateral twisting of the blade face (typical of thin 5 ply woods). Plus I want to change to a FL handle, but Acoustic is so small.......

The feel, spin generation and control of this blade always draw me back.

Thomasson, some questions for you (if you would please be so obliging in your review)
- is the handle the same size as the original
- is the Fe carbon Nittaku's version of soft carbon (looks thin to me)
- does it retain the hide glue feel as intended with the use of Fe carbon
- are the speed and flex much difference from the original
- any increase in sweet spot size

I look forward to your thoughts on this one. Thumbs Up

Nice weight by the way. The heavier Acoustics I have owned have been butter-like smooth and more one dimensional in their play, also lack the touch, range and clarity of the lighter/mid weight ones.

Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2014 at 2:43am
My impressions after 1 evening of training compared to acoustic:

- Blade is faster on hard shots, but when you relax your hand you can get it as short as with the acoustic on drop shots.
- Throw is a bit lower (good for me).
- Spin is about the same (yes that sounds weird, but its only marginal less if any).
- Feel is ofcourse a bit less, but it has the most feeling from all the carbon blades I tried which are alot. I havent tried the innerforce though, but it has the most woody feel.
- Sweet spot is bigger, so big I think the whole blade is a sweet spot.
- Handle is the same size, but the finish on the blade is better, making it smoother and better in the hand. (Plastic logo doesn't come out above the wood and there are 0 sharp edges on handle or blade)
- Flex/dwell is a bit less, making the throw like I said lower, but also making it a lovely blade to just smash and drive with. Im not a great hitter, but yesterday they went very well.
- It does retain the hide glue feel and you get alot of feedback.

I will try it out in a tournament final tonight, I feel like I can attack almost anything with it if I adjust the tension in my hand on short game.
Ps. FE-carbon stands for FEEL carbon as far as I know. I think it is just as soft as the ALC carbon.
More tomorrow!

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2014 at 10:54pm
How's the speed relative to the standard benchmarks (TB-ALC, JRE)?
rkristia View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rkristia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2014 at 10:35pm
Just got mine too. 87 gr.
Quite a bit dusty (like charcoal dust?) so i have to brush it off on the handle area.
rkristia View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rkristia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2014 at 10:47pm

rkristia View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rkristia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2014 at 10:55pm

@Thomasson: nice to know sir that your FL version is actually bit lighter!
flash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2014 at 6:19am
Originally posted by Thomasson Thomasson wrote:

I will try to compare it to the V-Carbon and Rossi Emotion if you like.
Im hoping it will play like a MJ with a bit more feel/control, that would be perfect.

I really want to know how it is compared with V-Carbon...
Viscaria, FL

T05 hard, 2,1 mm, black, fh
T05 hard, 2,1 mm, red, bh.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic