Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Coming soon! Nittaku Acoustic Carbon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2014 at 12:24pm

Finishing was done !!!  
Only the handle, not the head.

NAC in action.
Pairing with O-V-tour / Rasant powersponge.

After few hit 
I feel that it is too thin for my-liking , but don't get me wrong it is not that flexy.
It is a thin solid blade, minimal flex still some.
Woody feel, I'm sure there is a woody feel, quite similar to the innerforce series.
A lot of feedback, little vibration.

Short game - Plenty of dwell time which gives control, not bouncy at all.
But there is is too much dwell time for short game, lacking of a speed I need, I have to swing my wrist faster than normal stroke.  But gives a good outcome for precision, and spin.
Serving return is good. Easy to keep the ball short
I agree with the previous review that this blade go slow when player relaxing the hand.
But this doesn't mean it has gear , it is linear but just too much dwell for my taste in short game.

Top spin - The trajectory goes with medium arc and going long to the end of the table (mostly).
Weird for me. Enough speed for smashing it doesn't lack the quality of this perspective at all.
It produce a very good  second speed !! 
I can see the ball landing on the other-side and flip away. 
If with high spin sometime it goes "POPs" away.

Backhand top spin with soft rubber, so far Rasant power-sponge is the softest rubber I have ever used for my backhand lack of the hardness I need. (I usually be with hexer HD.)  
But paring with NAC does surprise me it just goes well together. Enough dwell time and flex for an openning loop, enough solidity for a kill shot. The feedback gave me a precision.

Serving - It is a good spin machine. So far as your serving technique are good. Don't worry! It serves you well.

Even if it is pricey. It is a good blade which have a capability of speed and control.
You will not disappoint at all, along with my friends at the local club they gave me comment that it is a unique one, a great quality which surprise their expectation.

NAC was overlook in Thailand as it is too pricey and a 4500 Thai Baht (150 US dollar or less by bits)
People will go for a BTY or Stiga product as they are more popular and easy to sell as 2nd hand.

So this is a awesome move for Nittaku !!!

I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
Sponsored Links

jomtack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomtack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2014 at 10:10am
finally got chance try your nacCool 
carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 2:13am
someone knows the new Acoustic Carbon Inner?
Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2015 at 11:41pm
Is there any plans from Nittaku to make Violin Carbon? 
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
Knuckle Ball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2016 at 3:47am
NAC is a very nice blade, one of my favorites among the dozens of blades I have owned and used over the years. It behaves like a good 5 ply wood blade on low and medium effort strokes. Great woody feel. Very spinny on loops and pushes, great for flicks and over the table strokes. Blocking would be good, above average but not really its strong quality. Control on short game is good. So on low medium powered strokes you sometimes forget that it is a carbon blade. It has a soft feel, almost like pleasant "butter like" feel using a T05 on loops.
But when you exert power like a determined smash, drive or a counter, the ball just zips. Same thing with punches and punch blocks, the speed is there. Then you remember it is actually a carbon blade. I disagree with some earlier post that it is linear. It behaves unlike most carbon blades as it feels, plays and handles like wood at low medium powered strokes. With strong strokes it manifest the carbon speed.
All my other blades are flared, and I prefer flared blades. My NAC's handle is ST, still I was surprised that I found it very comfortable to play with. No adjustment needed.
It is a pleasure to play with. I have decided to give it a name . . . . "Wet Dream" LOL
Blade: Rosewood NCT V
FH: Dignics 05 Black
BH: Moristo SP Red
Knuckle Ball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2016 at 3:59am
Using MX-P and FX-P on NAC, these rubbers are just to bouncy for me. Short game suffers. Have hard time with control. They don't just feel right on NAC, I don't know why.
Blade: Rosewood NCT V
FH: Dignics 05 Black
BH: Moristo SP Red
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic