Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Donic Epox Power Carbon Revisit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Donic Epox Power Carbon Revisit
    Posted: 09/21/2013 at 10:52am
I played Power Carbon 2 years ago and wanted to give this blade another look. Of the nearly 100 blades I have Ej'd the Power Carbon FL has the most comfortable grip among them all. It feels the most natural in the hand with superb balance and smoothness of feel. This blade is rated OFF+ but plays like OFF. They use carbon fleese in the construction but there is no hint of the usual carbon "tonk" when contacting the ball. Weight was 85gr. With rubber 174gr which gives it a medium light feel. Actually This carbon blade has better ball feel than most ALC blades I have tried. The good points of this blade are: superb blocking and short game with tacky untuned rubbers. With Jap/euro glue effect rubbers it is a powerful beast mid and away from table. Light weight, large sweet spot, and plays nice with most rubbers. With the insane pricing for some composite blades the Donic Epox Power Carbon is a steal at $65.00 USD. The quality of this blade is excellent with zero sharp edges anywhere. Donic Epox Power Carbon is superior to Epox Offensive in several ways. It is lighter, has better ball feel and is a tiny bit faster. If you are looking for a carbon blade that isn't to fast, has great feel, plays great with most rubbers then Donic Epox Power Carbon is worth a look. Smile
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Sponsored Links

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2013 at 11:02am
A friend liked mine so much he traded it for his beat up MJ that he hated. he never went back. Among all the faster blades that have no feel I find the epox power carbon the best due to its comfy handle as frogger says. It is hard and stiff and offers a very linear response so it inspires trust: we never experience those jack in the box surprise shots like we do with those blades showing a gap in response between gears.

Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2013 at 11:27am
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

I played Power Carbon 2 years ago and wanted to give this blade another look. Of the nearly 100 blades I have Ej'd the Power Carbon FL has the most comfortable grip among them all. It feels the most natural in the hand with superb balance and smoothness of feel. This blade is rated OFF+ but plays like OFF. They use carbon fleese in the construction but there is no hint of the usual carbon "tonk" when contacting the ball. Weight was 85gr. With rubber 174gr which gives it a medium light feel. Actually This carbon blade has better ball feel than most ALC blades I have tried. The good points of this blade are: superb blocking and short game with tacky untuned rubbers. With Jap/euro glue effect rubbers it is a powerful beast mid and away from table. Light weight, large sweet spot, and plays nice with most rubbers. With the insane pricing for some composite blades the Donic Epox Power Carbon is a steal at $65.00 USD. The quality of this blade is excellent with zero sharp edges anywhere. Donic Epox Power Carbon is superior to Epox Offensive in several ways. It is lighter, has better ball feel and is a tiny bit faster. If you are looking for a carbon blade that isn't to fast, has great feel, plays great with most rubbers then Donic Epox Power Carbon is worth a look. Smile

+1 I have been using my Epox PC for about a month with Bluefire JP01. It is indeed a beast. I agree whole heartedly with the above comments. A wonderful playing blade!!!!
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2013 at 6:19pm
A very good playing blade indeed, my friend swores by it. But, what is its construction? We've been arguing a lot about but nobody seems to have a hint!
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2013 at 7:33pm
5 wood, 2 carbon. Fineline and Ayous wood layers with Fineline outer plys. Weights vary from 85gr-91gr.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2013 at 7:49pm
of all the epox blades, the epox offensiv is one of my favorite blades. it may not be as fast as the carbon but it felt really good. the epox carbon is a good and cheaper alternative to off+ butterfly blades
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2013 at 11:56pm
I think I have a bad example of the Donic Epox Offensive Yogi, because mine is 92gr. and feels like a brick. I'm sure the lighter ones have a better feel and have better vibrations than mine. All of the Epox line blades are great. They all get very good reviews. Smile
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2013 at 1:40am
frogger, mine was about 93. the only thing that kept me from using chinese rubber on it is that its heavy for my taste. my limit is 90 grams. i think it is heavier than other donic blades because it has a bigger blade head. the fineline sure has good feel.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2013 at 12:32pm
I'm not sure what exactly is "Fineline" wood? Is it an actual species of wood or is it a man made veneer?
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2013 at 12:39pm
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2013 at 12:54pm
Well that helps fatt. Regardless of the wood plys Power Carbon is a damn fine blade. Thumbs Up
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2013 at 8:33am
agree that all Epox blades are great. Power carbon and Carbotec are really controlable off blades. 
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic