Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hinoki Carbon Blades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2014 at 9:39am
Looks like you need to add...

LKT 368 HINOKI CARBON

Edited by suds79 - 01/09/2014 at 9:39am
Sponsored Links

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2014 at 8:19pm
Bought a Xiom Cpen Strato and surprised to see that it is "Made in China". This is my first Xiom blade after a "Made in Japan" RSM Jpen. Search the net and found out that it is nothing new. It plays fine with power and feel . It got a thicker than normal handle which needs some getting used to. And weight is on the heavy side. Looks like YinHe has something similar in structure. So exactly who is making it for Xiom in China? Interest to know where those more expensive Xiom Hayabusa series are made these days.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2014 at 8:43pm
When I hear Hinoki, I think of the Kiso Hinoki blade, not the others in the cypress family. Especially some of the Chinese so called Kinoki don't feel much like Kiso Hinoki... they feel much harder.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2014 at 11:17pm
Hinoki is nothing like Cypress, its distantly related but different species and different genus. Think about how different the 800 species of Eucalypt are from each other and they are in the same genus. American redwood is just as closely related to Hinoki as Cypress, actually it's probably more similar. Are you going to put that on the Hinoki list too, with the couple thousand other trees somewhat related? Every large tree in the Northern hemisphere perhaps? Because that about where you'll end up
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2014 at 2:24am
Originally posted by mg mg wrote:

Originally posted by ttping85 ttping85 wrote:

Donic Persson Dotec Off 

I am pretty sure this blade does not have hinoki outers nor carbon.

Well, according to the official Donic website the blade composition is

0,6 Hinoki
Dotec
0,6 Koto
5,0 Dotec-Balsa
0,6 Koto
Dotec
0,6 Hinoki

The Dotec should be some kind of synthetic fiber, maybe there is no carbon in it, but it seems to be a composite blade with hinoki outers for shure, same applies to the Waldner Dotec Hinoki. Dotec technology is not only about the strange handle, it implies also composite layers if you think that you can trust Donic on this:)  

You are completely right about the composition. I never checked the composition on this blade, just analyzed my experience with it and made the mistake because it doesn't play at all like most hinoki-composite blades on the list here. It does not even play like other blades with hinoki outers. The outer ply didn't even look like hinoki if I remember well.

About the Dotec I also didn't see any extra layer in the composition. Donic talks about a technology without edges but does not talk about a fiber. Maybe it is something similar to fineline blades...

Edited by ttping85 - 01/10/2014 at 5:09am
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
mg View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2014 at 4:14am
They call it "Dotec mesh", so it should be a separate composite layer, maybe really thin, I have no idea what it is actually and how the blade is built.
My feedback:

http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47297&title=mg-feedback
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2014 at 9:49pm
OK: what's like a Joola Rossi Emotion, but a bit faster (& not Arirang)?
mg View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2014 at 6:13am
Maybe AVX J-Aramid or Donic Li Ping Kitex...or Butterfly Ishlion:) Haven't played Darker Esteem yet, could be it... 

Edited by mg - 01/20/2014 at 6:18am
My feedback:

http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47297&title=mg-feedback
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2014 at 3:27pm
Charlie (BBC) makes wonderful Hinoki-Carbon-blades

Toprank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toprank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2014 at 11:49am
I just did an update. 85 Blades on the list now. Any additions or subtractions let me know.
CURRENT BLADE- Ross Leidy White Lightning

FH- Haifu Blue Whale II

BH- Xiom Vega Europe
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2014 at 12:14pm

Donic Persson Dotec Off 

it has hinoki but no carbon
tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2014 at 4:00pm
so what are carbon hinoki blades good for?  are they primarily hitting/blocking blades for use with short pips?  which of these hinoki carbon blades are best for short pips play?

The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

Toprank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toprank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2014 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

Donic Persson Dotec Off 

it has hinoki but no carbon

I think we discussed this blade dotec has a composite mesh

I was wondering if the Androo Hiloom. The blade says nature pure fibre...not sure what that is.

I think I should change the title of the thread to Hinoki Composite Blades...

Edited by Toprank - 04/03/2014 at 4:59pm

FH- Haifu Blue Whale II

BH- Xiom Vega Europe
Toprank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toprank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2014 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by tuco tuco wrote:

so what are carbon hinoki blades good for?  are they primarily hitting/blocking blades for use with short pips?  which of these hinoki carbon blades are best for short pips play?

I've never used short pips so I don't know what you look for, but I have a fascination with hinoki carbon's because they have have a soft feel in the short game (the hinoki) and stiff looping power from the hinoki and carbon working together. I would say most hinoki carbons are great for looping and the offensive game.

FH- Haifu Blue Whale II

BH- Xiom Vega Europe
berkeleydoctor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2014 at 6:56pm
add the Darker BX-700 (Center Carbon), it's the best blade i've ever used! super thick hinoki layers + 1 layer of carbon.
ppgear View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppgear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2014 at 7:27pm
Hrm, this reminds me, I wanted to add a feature to my site to tag each blade with a material...
Back on the to-do list!
Arthur Lui
Revspin.net - Table Tennis Equipment Reviews
Top USATT Rating: 2131
tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2014 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by Toprank Toprank wrote:

I've never used short pips so I don't know what you look for, but I have a fascination with hinoki carbon's because they have have a soft feel in the short game (the hinoki) and stiff looping power from the hinoki and carbon working together. I would say most hinoki carbons are great for looping and the offensive game.

I agree with mostly with what you say about hinoki.  Additionally, Hinoki provides a feeling/feedback to the hand like no other materials can.  However, hinoki does have its drawbacks.  It's bouncy and thereby control suffers especially in the short game department.
The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2014 at 10:55pm

However, hinoki does have its drawbacks.  It's bouncy and thereby control suffers especially in the short game department.

So, which Hinoki Carbon blades, besides the Joola Rossi Emotion have great control in the short game department?
Toprank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toprank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2014 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

However, hinoki does have its drawbacks.  It's bouncy and thereby control suffers especially in the short game department.

So, which Hinoki Carbon blades, besides the Joola Rossi Emotion have great control in the short game department?

Of the ones I've tried Darker 7a-2p carbon, Nittaku Alulass and Nexy Spartacus.

FH- Haifu Blue Whale II

BH- Xiom Vega Europe
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2014 at 3:50pm
what happened to first post?
Toprank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toprank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2014 at 4:22pm

Thanks for caring. I think I did something with the formatting. I'll fix it now.

FH- Haifu Blue Whale II

BH- Xiom Vega Europe
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2014 at 4:35pm
There's also a Butterfly Chiang Peng Lung T5000 jpen
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2014 at 6:19pm

Thanks for caring. I think I did something with the formatting. I'll fix it now.

thank you for fixing :)
Toprank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toprank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2014 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

There's also a Butterfly Chiang Peng Lung T5000 jpen

Formatting fixed!! Butterfly Chiang Peng Lung T5000 jpen added.

FH- Haifu Blue Whale II

BH- Xiom Vega Europe
Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2014 at 7:58pm

Butterfly Haruvatart ZLC (JPEN)
Butterfly Chiang Peng Lung T5000 jpen
Cornilleau Hinotec OFF+   
Darker 7A 2P Carbon
Darker Arly-Carbon
Darker Esteem
Darker BX-700 a.k.a. Center Carbon
Dawei GTS

If your signature says:  CURRENT BLADE- Darker 7P 2A Carbon, you might want to adjust the list.  Smile
Toprank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toprank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2014 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Tassie52 Tassie52 wrote:

Butterfly Haruvatart ZLC (JPEN)
Butterfly Chiang Peng Lung T5000 jpen
Cornilleau Hinotec OFF+   
Darker 7A 2P Carbon
Darker Arly-Carbon
Darker Esteem
Darker BX-700 a.k.a. Center Carbon
Dawei GTS

If your signature says:  <span style="font-family: Verdana; line-height: normal;">CURRENT BLADE- <b style="color: rgb153, 0, 51;">Darker 7P 2A Carbon, you might want to adjust the list.  Smile</span>

Thanks, fixed. You would think that I would get the blade name correct, since I use it...guess not.

FH- Haifu Blue Whale II

BH- Xiom Vega Europe
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2014 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

For me Dr. Neubauer Hercules which I thought was better in this department than JRE.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2014 at 12:06am
adidas strike carbon!
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2014 at 4:51pm
Maybe we could add a few other "hinoki-carbon" blades because they play similar but have spruce outer plies. I am thinking of:

Donic World Champion 89 Persson
Donic World Champion 89 Waldner
Donic World Champion 89 Appelgren

Nittaku Meister Balsatec Outer
Nittaku Meister Balsatec Inner
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2014 at 1:27am
Only hinoki carbon blades please apply here

None of this "play - like" stuff.  Otherwise we'll confuse everyone & drag on   Evil Smile

Edited by Snakefish - 08/10/2014 at 1:27am
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic