FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Joola Rosskopf Emotion - Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 19>
Author
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2014 at 10:52am

Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

the very thick hinoki on the Hercules should give quite a different feel in overall play when compared to think hinoki over koto.

It does, the Hercules feels softer giving it better feel on touch shots (imho). The RE feels a little bit harder (tough still on the soft side) and more direct.

Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

That dr. N blade is more relevant to ultimate optimization of a niche game, activity the tricky master excels at.
For my game looping with my forehand is more important as it will score the majority of my piuints though I do play anti on bh. I try to cover as much of the table with my fh and I felt that the HER was better in looping than the RE: more spin, more arc, better consistency (though not by a huge margin). But again, this may be based on personal preferences and individual techniques.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
Sponsored Links

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2014 at 10:54am
I bet the Herc is a loop monster...
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2014 at 11:03am

I bet the Herc is a loop monster...
I like looping with it a lot...check out the 1. video in my HER review.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2014 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by carmelomaf carmelomaf wrote:

Originally posted by Toprank Toprank wrote:

For the people who like comparisons, I'm going to compare all the blades I've played recently here you go

Speed-  TX > Ignito > TBS > JRE > Schlager Light > Acoustic > Virtuoso OFF -

Control- JRE > Acoustic > Virtuoso Off- > Schlager Light > TBS > Ignito > TX

I played with JRE a long time and is not faster than acoustic, but for sure has more control

really an  amazing blade but too slow

you need to use boosted rubbers or use speedglue

today in my tt shop i tested an emotion anatomic that was 86g and i found it fast enough,  faster that the one i had in the past that was 82g

I decide to order one in fl with 86g weight a give it another chace
Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
Toprank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toprank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2014 at 1:56pm

Originally posted by Toprank Toprank wrote:

For the people who like comparisons, I'm going to compare all the blades I've played recently here you go

Speed-  TX > Ignito > TBS > JRE > Schlager Light > Acoustic > Virtuoso OFF -

Control- JRE > Acoustic > Virtuoso Off- > Schlager Light > TBS > Ignito > TX

I played with JRE a long time and is not faster than acoustic, but for sure has more control

really an  amazing blade but too slow

you need to use boosted rubbers or use speedglue

today in my tt shop i tested an emotion anatomic that was 86g and i found it fast enough,  faster that the one i had in the past that was 82g

I decide to order one in fl with 86g weight a give it another chace

Like I said the JRE I was using was 88.5 and the Acoustic was 82 grams. If the weights were reverse the results would probably be reverse. I guess the ultimate test to determine speed of the two would be to test both with the same weight blade.
CURRENT BLADE- Ross Leidy White Lightning

FH- Haifu Blue Whale II

BH- Xiom Vega Europe
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2014 at 2:14pm
hello,

I need a comparison with the hayabusa zx

Thanks

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2014 at 2:59pm
i got today two emotion 87g

I played one for two hours with mxp and elp

Good blade but i still don't like carbon blades so much

I sell both

Regards
Carmelo

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2014 at 4:07pm
I know that this is unlikely anyone has tried both, but does the JRE play anything like a DOnic Baum Esprit?
ztec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ztec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2014 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I know that this is unlikely anyone has tried both, but does the JRE play anything like a DOnic Baum Esprit?

I actually have both a JRE FL and DBE ST around the same weight. It's been a while since I've used the DBE, but I remember it being slower than the JRE. Both blades are sitting in my drawer without rubbers so I'll try a bare blade bounce test to compare when I get a chance.
Your play will change your opinion of your equipment more than your equipment will change your opinion of your play.
Goodah_Chunky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goodah_Chunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2014 at 1:54pm
Can anybody compare this blade to Yinhe W-1?  Price-wise they're identical (~$50), and their wood-wood-composite construction is similar, even though they have different top wood ply...
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2014 at 3:34pm
Good news everyone! Joola are here to extort more of our money!

New "progressions" of the Rossi Emotion:

Joola TPE Perform

5+2 plies Hinoki, Koto, Carbon, Ayous, outer ply is heated in some way.

Joola TPE Fight

5+2 plies Hinoki, Koto, Kevlar, Ayous

Joola TPE Feeling

5 plies Hinoki, Ayous, Kiri

And, just for kicks:

Joola TPE Nature

7 plies Limba, Ayous, Ayous, Ayous, so nothing really like the JRE, but still.

Coming June 2014

Edited by AndySmith - 03/21/2014 at 3:38pm
Olio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2014 at 4:10am
Thanks Andy.

They all seem very interesting (although the TPE fight is very likely too fast for me)
DrBacterius View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrBacterius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2014 at 4:28am
Yinhe Z5 VF it's suposed to be similar to JRE? Composition seems to be so close.

Has somebody tried the 2 blades?
OSP Virtuoso
T8O Max / Ventus Spin 1.8

My Feedback
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2014 at 6:00am
Why would Kevlar be faster than Carbon? Blade design?
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2014 at 6:44am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Why would Kevlar be faster than Carbon? Blade design?

I'm not sure about this myself - I would expect the Kevlar to be slower than carbon, but it depends on so many other factors.

Originally posted by DrBacterius DrBacterius wrote:

Yinhe Z5 VF it's suposed to be similar to JRE? Composition seems to be so close.

Has somebody tried the 2 blades?

I haven't tried the V5 (although it does look nice), but it's a 3+2 with a thicker outer ply of hinoki than the JRE. I'd expect it to play softer.

Perhaps the Z7 would be closer to the JRE - it has thinner outer hinoki plies. But it has basalt right under the outer ply, thick medials, and a thin core, so who knows?
ovtcharovfan View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ovtcharovfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2014 at 5:05pm
I just played the first time with my new Rokopf Emotion (86g). It´s too soon to post a detailed review, but I have to say it´s a great blade. I paired it with a Hexer (2.1) on FH on the Tibhar Aurus Soft on BH (1.9). Although it´s a completely new setup, I had good control and even managed to beat a good opponent. I still have to adapt to the rather low throw which makes openings loops a little bit more difficult, but apart from that I had a good feeling right from the beginning.
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2014 at 2:34am
Well, I trade my ML Soft Carbon for a JRE 86grm to a friend but for some reasons I couldn´t  tried so far. Now the season has finished it´s time to try new stuff, so yesterday i tried with h3-50 and Goldarc3 as a backup. I didn´t have so much expectations of this setup but man..... I liked even more than Infinitiy paired with both 05/05FX

Definitely H3-50 it´s not the best rubber to match with JRE but it worked much better than i expected. A bit slow but Supreme control close to the table: sharp chops, accurate blocks. GA3 was even better. Much bouncier and harder, but no bouncy as typical Tensors, you could feel perfectly the impact of the ball and how transfer it to the handle. Blocking was a breeze. Hinoki outer plys is still for me the BEST feeling plywood. The blade feels woody, and soft, but considering it´s quite think there´s no any annoying vibrations.   there´s no any carbon feeling on it. Though it´s not the same, those who ever played with Jonyer Hinoki (like me) in the past should try this. I´m sure they will like it.  BALANCE is the term that defines this blade. 

It´s a shame this blade is sooo under-rated. I´m sure if any sponspored pro-player play this it´ll  raise 5x the value of the blade like Viscarias, but joola isn´t definitely as cool as trendy ALC´S...

Edited by jonyer1980 - 05/18/2014 at 2:38am
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2014 at 9:14am
Yeeeeeeeah. Glad you like it jonyer1980. I've tried a few different blades in the last few months (off-season), but I keep coming back to the JRE, time after time.

Epic blade. Future legend, bargain price.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2014 at 9:38am

Yeeeeeeeah. Glad you like it jonyer1980. I've tried a few different blades in the last few months (off-season), but I keep coming back to the JRE, time after time.

Epic blade. Future legend, bargain price.

It's probably the only thing I will consider if I ever go back to carbon.  I just need heavier versions in straight handle.
Cybershape Carbon
regiz.rugenz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2014 at 4:38pm
I was thinking for a while of getting a Violin but the price is making it too difficult for me to  decide.. while reading through this thread, I guess I'm now tempted to buy myself a JRE.. that good of a blade at 1/3 the price of an equally good blade, that won't badly hurt my budget.
Regiz°ᆗ
Rosewood_Carbon/Huricane_King   °FH:Vega_Japan/T64FX   °BH:OmegaV_Euro/Rasant
°°°°
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2014 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by regiz.rugenz regiz.rugenz wrote:

I was thinking for a while of getting a Violin but the price is making it too difficult for me to  decide.. while reading through this thread, I guess I'm now tempted to buy myself a JRE.. that good of a blade at 1/3 the price of an equally good blade, that won't badly hurt my budget.
A coaching lesson...
Cybershape Carbon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2014 at 5:12pm

A coaching lesson...

badly love to..Thumbs Up 
would surely hurt my budget though. so, not for now.. Thumbs Down 
Regiz°ᆗ
°°°°
LOG1C1AN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOG1C1AN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2014 at 7:35pm
I've been playing with the JRE for the last month. Great blade for me. I would estimate my rating has improved at least 100 points (of course I had a LOT of room for improvement).

So far I have used Tibhar 1QXD, Xiom Omega IV Pro, and Xiom Sigma I on my FH. They all work great, but I'm leaning toward the OIV. I just bought some Xiom Omega V Pro on the TT11 recent special so I will be trying that next.

One question: has anyone tried the new Joola Perform, which is being marketed as a JRE with the Hinoki layer heated?
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2014 at 9:12pm

A coaching lesson...

badly love to..Thumbs Up 
would surely hurt my budget though. so, not for now.. Thumbs Down 
A Violin would leave a bigger dent than a good lesson Wink (A real violin moreso LOL)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2014 at 11:21pm

So, since I can neither afford any of them (between Violin and coaching).. the JRE perhaps then? Big smile

Edited by regiz.rugenz - 05/26/2014 at 11:27pm
Regiz°ᆗ
°°°°

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2014 at 11:31pm
BTW, the reason I'm buying a blade is I'm downgrading from a faster OFF+ blade. So, it shouldn't be a dent. Smile
Regiz°ᆗ
°°°°
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2014 at 6:59am
Originally posted by LOG1C1AN LOG1C1AN wrote:

I've been playing with the JRE for the last month. Great blade for me. I would estimate my rating has improved at least 100 points (of course I had a LOT of room for improvement).

So far I have used Tibhar 1QXD, Xiom Omega IV Pro, and Xiom Sigma I on my FH. They all work great, but I'm leaning toward the OIV. I just bought some Xiom Omega V Pro on the TT11 recent special so I will be trying that next.

One question: has anyone tried the new Joola Perform, which is being marketed as a JRE with the Hinoki layer heated?

Omega V Pro, ahhhh. Let me count the ways I love thee. It's a great rubber, and works really well on the JRE. I'm 99% sure you'll love it. Here is my opinion - and I'm only half trolling here - better than T05. The only thing I can't say is how durable it is. Everything else is brilliant, and it's the best ESN rubber I've ever used (on my FH). I so want to try Omega 5 Euro now.

The TPE Perform isn't out yet - sometime in June. If it really is 90 euros, I'm doubtful about value-for-money.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2014 at 7:03am

So, since I can neither afford any of them (between Violin and coaching).. the JRE perhaps then? Big smile

JRE and Violin - they are quite different, and not only in price tag. Particularly in terms of feel.
Hautamaeki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hautamaeki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2014 at 8:19am
It's the blade I play now, great great great, best blade ever played...this one and the 729- V6, the best blades, at an awesome price.
himanshu_mps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote himanshu_mps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2014 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

Very nice pics Fatt.  Thank you for sharing.  The top ply looks nice, with even and dense wood grain.  I would seal it though.
yep; that's the 1st thing I thought about when I watched the closeup pictures of the grain: we can see some tiny pieces of wood sticking up and those are big helpers to splinter the blade when taking off the rubbers. I think I'll 600 grit sand my 2 blades, apply spray poly and rub with a paper towel to seal.

This is how I seal the Hinoki blade.  Just rub hard with the palm of your hand to get rid of those tiny wood pores(?), spray with water base sealant, then use the credit card to spread the sealant around, give it some time (10-15 seconds) to soak in, then scrape the excess sealant off the blade.  Let it dry.  You will have a nice, even, thin sealant.  You may not even see the sealant unless you look at it at the angle.  Sometime I give it a second coat depending on how soft the Hinoki ply is. Remember too thick sealant WILL destroy the characteristic of the Hinoki feel.

what water based sealent do you use?

i got a jre for myself today and was looking to seal it.
Killerspin Diamond TX - Tenergy 05(FH), Tenergy 64(BH)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 19>
  Share Topic