FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Joola Rosskopf Emotion - Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 19>
Author
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2014 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Do note that the blade is only about $50 at Timtts.be and he can usually get you the weight you want.

yes. I know. I don't want to buy new blade before I sell old
Sponsored Links

pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2014 at 8:58pm
Just got mine from timtts.be couple of days ago, put together with FH: Rakza 7 2.0  and BH: Xiom Vega Europe 2.0. Really solid finish and overall assembly. It weighed in at 177g, compared to my current setup of 191g. I am actually happy that it is lighter, less strain for my elbow. 

Had a quick hit in the office just to try it out - it is quite pleasant but not dramatically different from what I have now. I guess it just shows that at my level (USATT 1208) it's not the equipment that makes the most difference :). Will take it to the league night at the club tomorrow, might be a better test.
USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX
viva View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2014 at 12:37am
Does JRE have better control versus a Viscaria?
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2014 at 12:50am
Originally posted by viva viva wrote:

I feel like my 2 Viscaria, despite being 88 and 89 grams are much more controllable than than any TB ALC and MJ blades; in addition the Viscaria is far better at looping  while remaining an excellent hitter when for example going through a hign enough underspin ball. I also enjoyed the control and speed of the 84g Emotion that I never thought much slower than the Viscaria I use now.

You ask people to make a very difficult call; I suggest you go back at the beginning of the thread and read again the OP's wonderful review:

"Conclusions:
This blade certainly makes it to my top 3 of all times. If you think that a TBS/ Viscaria is slightly too hard and fast, give this one a try. If you like the Photino but think that it is too thick and stiff, give the Emotion a try. I think that if this blade was made by Butterfly, it would be very very popular for a good reason!"

viva View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2014 at 1:19am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I feel like my 2 Viscaria, despite being 88 and 89 grams are much more controllable than than any TB ALC and MJ blades; in addition the Viscaria is far better at looping  while remaining an excellent hitter when for example going through a hign enough underspin ball. I also enjoyed the control and speed of the 84g Emotion that I never thought much slower than the Viscaria I use now.

You ask people to make a very difficult call; I suggest you go back at the beginning of the thread and read again the OP's wonderful review:

"Conclusions:
This blade certainly makes it to my top 3 of all times. If you think that a TBS/ Viscaria is slightly too hard and fast, give this one a try. If you like the Photino but think that it is too thick and stiff, give the Emotion a try. I think that if this blade was made by Butterfly, it would be very very popular for a good reason!"

thanks fatt !!
im contemplating of getting a viscaria but often wonder about control of the same.  You think JRE has the same speed and control as Korbel if you've ever played with it?
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2014 at 9:24am

im contemplating of getting a viscaria but often wonder about control of the same.  You think JRE has the same speed and control as Korbel if you've ever played with it?

You're comparing quite different blades here. JRE is stiffer, softer than Korbel. I think the JRE is (overall) a bit faster than the Korbel, but the JRE's softness gives it an incredible short game.

Control is very, very subjective. I prefer stiffer blades, more linear, and soft feel. So for me personally, I have more control with the JRE. I found that the JRE is a bit more sensitive to rubber selection though - the Korbel is a do-anything, standard 5-ply all-wood and works with pretty much any rubber you slap on it.

The JRE has been the best blade I've ever played with, and I'm getting my best results with it. Every new born baby should be given a JRE by the government. It should be the law.

But don't let my unbiased opinion sway you. ;-)
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
viva View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2014 at 9:39am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

You're comparing quite different blades here. JRE is stiffer, softer than Korbel. I think the JRE is (overall) a bit faster than the Korbel, but the JRE's softness gives it an incredible short game.

Control is very, very subjective. I prefer stiffer blades, more linear, and soft feel. So for me personally, I have more control with the JRE. I found that the JRE is a bit more sensitive to rubber selection though - the Korbel is a do-anything, standard 5-ply all-wood and works with pretty much any rubber you slap on it.

The JRE has been the best blade I've ever played with, and I'm getting my best results with it. Every new born baby should be given a JRE by the government. It should be the law.

But don't let my unbiased opinion sway you. ;-)

Haha Andy thanks. I was thinking of putting 05fx and andro grip S on jre vs korbel to see if it will be a good combo on JRE. As a JRE guru what you think

When you say sensitive to rubber selection what do you mean what kind of rubbers go well with it?

Edited by viva - 08/22/2014 at 9:42am
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2014 at 10:00am
Originally posted by pgpg pgpg wrote:

Just got mine from timtts.be couple of days ago, put together with FH: Rakza 7 2.0  and BH: Xiom Vega Europe 2.0. Really solid finish and overall assembly. It weighed in at 177g, compared to my current setup of 191g. I am actually happy that it is lighter, less strain for my elbow. 

Had a quick hit in the office just to try it out - it is quite pleasant but not dramatically different from what I have now. I guess it just shows that at my level (USATT 1208) it's not the equipment that makes the most difference :). Will take it to the league night at the club tomorrow, might be a better test.

To be honest, at any level, it is not equipment that makes the *most* difference.  Equipment just affects certain things that depending on your preferences, strengths and weaknesses may or may not be beneficial.  If you have a solid (consistent) loop, push and block, then experimenting with equipment becomes useful, but do it preferably by making changes between 1) the speed classes of the blades you use 2) the outer plies or 3) by varying stiffness/flex.  If you try blades in different speed classes, you develop more insight into your game and its limitations.  And don't spend a lot of money doing this - borrow people's blades to hit with and if you must spend your money, wood blades under $40 exist in all speed classes.  

The reason why you need consistent strokes (can make 10 without missing) before trying out different equipment is that you can't tell the impact of the equipment unless you can take out the variation caused by the stroke.  That said, I have found that most beginners without regular coaching would be helped by a slower blade.  It just makes it harder to miss and makes faster shots easier to control close to the table.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2014 at 10:06am

Haha Andy thanks. I was thinking of putting 05fx and andro grip S on jre vs korbel to see if it will be a good combo on JRE. As a JRE guru what you think

When you say sensitive to rubber selection what do you mean what kind of rubbers go well with it?

This is my experience, so it could all be down to my technique (or lack of it)...

The JRE has a soft feel. If you combine it with soft rubbers, with a lot of dwell, you end up with too much dwell / mushiness / whatever. On my FH side, it wasn't an issue because I'm always swinging hard there. So 05FX worked well there (but was very high throw). But my BH is less explosive, and soft rubbers gave me problems. At low speeds, the result is a very indistinct feel and slow rebound. Then as I increase the power, things get fast, quickly. So on the BH side it felt like it was all or nothing, to me anyway.

I think 05fx is quite non-linear, so the JRE amplified that in some way. To be on the safe side, I'd go with more linear, or medium hardness rubbers (or both). I'm trying Rhyzm 425 at the moment, and it's a very solid BH rubber. Not dazzling, but dependable and does everything. I also thought 64FX was a better Tenergy BH rubber on the JRE than 05FX because it's far more linear.

This is all very dependant on how I play, and what my demands are on FH and BH sides. YMMV, and all that. This thread has some useful info about the setups people have used.
alphapong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphapong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2014 at 4:40pm
Our top juniors (USATT 2000-2400) are now playing very well with the Emotion Blade with Rhyzm forehand and Rhyzm 425 backhand. This seems to be a good combination for those who can hit the ball cleanly and make the ball sink into the top sheet. The Rhyzm topsheet is more difficult to stretch, but it snaps back very forcefully, so it really rewards strong technique. Our players who are not strong enough to cause the ball to sink into the Rhyzm topsheet prefer the Max series of rubbers. 

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2014 at 5:49pm
I can understand that. Rhyzm seems to resist incoming speed and spin to some degree, so I can appreciate what you're saying about the topsheet. For me, this is a good thing - it makes lots of aspects of the game seem a lot easier to me. Still packs a punch when you want it to though.

I've been comparing it to Maxx 400 on my backup JRE over the course of the week. The Maxx is far more lively. Fair enough - it produces more easy spin when looping. But it's more elastic, non-linear. For every high-quality BH loop I put on the table, I also produce 5 less effective blocks and punches. Rhyzm 425 is rock solid in the less glamorous aspects of the game, and fits the JRE really well IMO.

I'm really curious about Rhyzm-P now. Really curious.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2014 at 5:55pm
Andy, what blade did you try the JP02 on? How is Rhyzm 425 vs the JP02?
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2014 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Andy, what blade did you try the JP02 on? How is Rhyzm 425 vs the JP02?

I had JP02 on the JRE, Peter Pan and Hypertouch. On all 3 it was surprisingly fast. It seems quite similar to Omega V Euro, but maybe with more focus on spin rather than outright speed.

I have a theory about modern tensors and soft blades. A lot of tensors now have a less pronounced bounce - a low speed braking effect. Soft blades add this feel also. Add them together and you have a lot of low speed bounce suppression. Then you increase the shot speed and you have the sponge working, topsheet stretching elastically, harder inner plies of the blade making themselves known, and so on. Depending on your technique, you might end up with some combination of all these factors which work against your consistency.

For example, with me it's JP03 and the JRE. JP03 feels quite dead at low speeds, but has a really elastic topsheet and soft sponge. Short game good, hard looping good, drives a bit vague, middle gears unpredictable on the JRE for me on the BH side.

425 however doesn't behave so elastically. It has snap, but needs more power going in to get things working. By which point you're out of the soft zone of the blade.

Or something like that, anyway. 425 seems to combine incredibly well with the JRE on the BH wing for me, and that's the important point on a personal level (however I justify it in my own rat's nest of a brain). Soft blades with overly soft/elastic/damped rubbers appear to be dodgy ground for me.

Which is rambling, really. Apologies!

JP02 seemed faster than 425 to me, more spinny in the low gears, bouncier, more lively. Overall throw is about the same (medium, medium-low for the JP02 maybe). 425 is easier to use though - more linear, less reactive to incoming stuff, blocks like a wall. I haven't given JP02 loads of time - it might need some breaking in still.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2014 at 7:50am
Andy,

I personally think that you use these rubbers for too short a period to truly get the best out of them for your style.  However, the insights are relatively valuable for comparisons (though unfortunately, I am not acquainted enough with your style to tell whether it is similar enough to mine).

I've spent 3 months now using the Rossi Emotion with Tenergy 05.  Over time, I've learned to adjust to some of the things I found annoying in the beginning and usually, the key was finding the right racket angle and a more consistent technique.

The one thing I can't replace about the Rossi Emotion is how much I love playing with it.  Everytime I want to try another blade, I just look at my results during the times when I used it and stop wasting my time.

I used Rhyzm and Rhyzm 425 especially for a long time.  Built my forehand initially while using it.  At this point, given that I have a commitment to keeping the same set up, I am not sure whether I could ever go back to it.  But it is one of the most controllable rubbers I have ever used and it is easier to spin with the softer sponges.

Edited by NextLevel - 08/26/2014 at 7:56am
Cybershape Carbon
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2014 at 8:02am

Andy,

I personally think that you use these rubbers for too short a period to truly get the best out of them for your style.  However, the insights are relatively valuable for comparisons (though unfortunately, I am not acquainted enough with your style to tell whether it is similar enough to mine).

I've spent 3 months now using the Rossi Emotion with Tenergy 05.  Over time, I've learned to adjust to some of the things I found annoying in the beginning and usually, the key was finding the right racket angle and a more consistent technique.

The one thing I can't replace about the Rossi Emotion is how much I love playing with it.  Everytime I want to try another blade, I just look at my results during the times when I used it and stop wasting my time.

Correct on all fronts. Most of the time I try rubbers from sheer curiosity, with no real intention of keeping them for any real length of time. Try them, understand them, sell on. Sometimes I will have a general aim in the back of my mind too. I've always been fussy about my BH rubber, and I've been looking for a best fit with the JRE. I'm not going to change my technique at this late stage of my life. 64FX was my favourite, but I don't like the price. Happy to say that Rhyzm 425 looks like the winner now. I can buy 3 425s for the price of a single 64FX at the moment.

A few people have mentioned rubber selection being a bit of an issue with hinoki outers, and I feel like I've encountered this problem myself. It is, of course, related to my BH technique and rubber selection. But I have to mention it in the interest of being frank and open about my experiences with the JRE.

If the blade wasn't so good, I wouldn't have put the effort into finding a good BH match. I've played my best stuff with the JRE, even with a reduction in BH security. Now that I'm on top of that, I couldn't be happier.
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2014 at 8:45am
Hi andy,

I experienced the same problem with the BH rubber
I ended with a Baracuda,i am using it since a year time,and for me this is the best rubber.

I have 3 bats,and all of them are equiped with baracuda as a BH.
For me this is a classic tensor rubber.

I only loop and block with my BH.

Edited by t64t64t64 - 08/26/2014 at 8:46am
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2014 at 9:43am
Originally posted by t64t64t64 t64t64t64 wrote:

Hi andy,

I ended with a Baracuda,i am using it since a year time,and for me this is the best rubber.

Baracuda does come up a lot when I ask for BH rubber option advice. My requirements are what defeat me, ultimately. Medium-soft, medium-low throw. Hard to get something like that which combines well (for me) with hinoki outers. It has to be "just so". Baracuda is too high throw for me. I do mostly driving and smacking on the BH side, with 20% looping. FH is all loop.
Spin83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spin83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2014 at 10:28am
I've just order Rossi Emotion 88gr. I've played with xiom stradivarius and as time passed by i've started to become rly annoyed with its stiffness and lack of ''emotion''. I have no complaints on speed, spin, control but that aramid killed every touch in it so 90% of rubbers dont fit and believe me i've tried many. With soft rubbers you have decent spin and no real power but when u put med hard rubbers u have that retarded glass sound that kills my ears plus touch is awful, like im playing with a brick. Tenergy 64 managed to bring some of that feel and touch but its guess what..expensive

So i believe i didnt go wrong as i've read this thread 2 times before making judgement on shopping.

Edited by Spin83 - 08/26/2014 at 10:30am
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2014 at 10:48am

Originally posted by t64t64t64 t64t64t64 wrote:

Hi andy,

Baracuda does come up a lot when I ask for BH rubber option advice. My requirements are what defeat me, ultimately. Medium-soft, medium-low throw. Hard to get something like that which combines well (for me) with hinoki outers. It has to be "just so". Baracuda is too high throw for me. I do mostly driving and smacking on the BH side, with 20% looping. FH is all loop.

The funny thing is that, IMO, Baracuda is medium low throw when driving and smacking.  It's one of those things that get's lost in conversations about the rubber because of its'ridiculous throw when brush looping.
Cybershape Carbon
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2014 at 10:56am

The funny thing is that, IMO, Baracuda is medium low throw when driving and smacking.  It's one of those things that get's lost in conversations about the rubber because of its'ridiculous throw when brush looping.

Cool, cool. I don't want the high brush throw at all though. I'm so stuck in my BH groove that I just want a generally medium low soft rubber. I'm sure baracuda fits the JRE really well. Just not when I'm waving my arms around with it.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2014 at 3:08pm

Cool, cool. I don't want the high brush throw at all though. I'm so stuck in my BH groove that I just want a generally medium low soft rubber. I'm sure baracuda fits the JRE really well. Just not when I'm waving my arms around with it.

I do a lot of over the table looping so it makes a positive difference to me.  Now we see why there are so many different rubbers out there...
Cybershape Carbon
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2014 at 4:12pm
I tried JRE again with 2 new T05 during a league night yesterday (reason: I'm bladeless while I boost my H3 to put on my XVP blade). Prior to that, I tried using those rubbers on Viscaria.

IMHO, JRE offers better control & spin at the table (& serves returns and blocks better as well) making it an ideal close to the table rubber. The Viscaria offers better control, spin, power and dwell a step or two back. The carbon in the JRE kicks in on mid-distance strokes, reducing the dwell & it requires slightly better timing technique than the ALC blades need.

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2014 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

I tried JRE again with 2 new T05 during a league night yesterday (reason: I'm bladeless while I boost my H3 to put on my XVP blade). Prior to that, I tried using those rubbers on Viscaria.

IMHO, JRE offers better control & spin at the table (& serves returns and blocks better as well) making it an ideal close to the table rubber. The Viscaria offers better control, spin, power and dwell a step or two back. The carbon in the JRE kicks in on mid-distance strokes, reducing the dwell & it requires slightly better timing technique than the ALC blades need.

I agree, but it's nothing you can't get used to unless you loop drive really hard away from the table. The whole point of carbon is to make it easier to play fast away from the table with less effort but some of us got too greedy and want to use effort to kill the ball away from the table.   Maybe an Arylate Carbon JRE would be the blade to rule them all.
Cybershape Carbon
regiz.rugenz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2014 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Spin83 Spin83 wrote:

but when u put med hard rubbers u have that retarded glass sound that kills my ears plus touch is awful, like im playing with a brick. 

Big smileBig smileBig smile

I thought I would also dislike the JRE. though I liked it first but then later hated it. Well, I gave it a second chance and I must say darn, I've finally got my blade.

I think the Hinoki on the JRE used were young plies.. I was hoping for it to perform similar to my Kokutaku Laser Carbon but was different. I then realized that the Hinoki on my KLC was so brittle due to age, and the Hinoki on the JRE was kinda fresh. Like you I hated the retarded sound on it, and what I did is I let dry the blade against a lightly shaded heat of the sun, but not directly. there might be better ways of doing it. 

After that, the bonding between me and the blade begins.. where I hope would lead me to some big League events. I am now loving it, and with my new discovered matched rubber on it.. it has now become a powerful compact beast. Players in the club who used to avoid playing with me are now so happy to drill with me, they like how I consistently return their loops.

Most of all, they so love the sound of my blade.. Big smile

Edited by regiz.rugenz - 08/28/2014 at 6:02pm
Regiz°ᆗ
Rosewood_Carbon/Huricane_King   °FH:Vega_Japan/T64FX   °BH:OmegaV_Euro/Rasant
°°°°
balint_tt View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balint_tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2014 at 3:29pm
I wonder how does the speed of JRE compare to 7-ply woods like Ludeack or Clipper Wood?
If it is meaningful we can differentiate close to table and mid distance shots.

Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2014 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by balint_tt balint_tt wrote:

I wonder how does the speed of JRE compare to 7-ply woods like Ludeack or Clipper Wood?
I am not sure how much sense it makes to compare a 5-ply carbon blade (with Hinoki outers) to a 7-ply all wood blade which is quite a bit thicker, but the Clipper is quite a bit faster than JRE. The JRE I tested was more like Off- to Off (weight was only 78g) and the Clipper I had was more like Off to Off+ (weight was 93g). I never tested Ludeack so others would to chime in for that.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2014 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by balint_tt balint_tt wrote:

If it is meaningful we can differentiate close to table and mid distance shots.

The JRE is great at the table - spins very well and blocks great.

If the weights are similar (ie: using a heavy JRE), they're probably in the same ball-park except on powerful shots from the mid-distance.

However, I'm bearish on the JRE. First, the blade is not powerful from mid-distance. To top that, it loses it's dwell from mid-distance as well. Not great feedback from there either.

So, not only do you need more effort and a larger stroke, but, relative to other blades, the ball shoots out more & spins less. I compared JRE and MJ using the same rubbers and the difference was massive - I could keep a lot more balls in with the MJ even though the blade was a lot more powerful (better spin, speed & dwell).
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2014 at 5:12pm
Slevin,

Could it be that your stroke wasn't advanced enough?
Cybershape Carbon
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2014 at 6:30pm

Slevin,

Could it be that your stroke wasn't advanced enough?

Of course, that is possible.

Back about 8 months ago, I used JRE in a few training sessions with Kewei Li (a chopper, but I'd say that he was at a 2500 level @ double inverted). He was using MJ then for these sessions. He tried my blade (we both had Tenergies on). He did not like it for the same 3 reasons (poor feedback on anything away from table, poor power and less dwell away from table). 

While the lack of feedback, dwell & spin (all mid-distance) are understandable given that it is a pure carbon blade, the power constraint I find puzzling. I can get more power from my Violin blade. Perhaps, this is a property of flexy all-wood blades in general as I saw similar results with Virtuoso relative to the JRE.

I am intrigued by ALC blades because of what happens when I loop hard. I cannot feel the difference between a good shot or a bad shot when I use my Rossi Emotion (they need to put some Artylate in that blade). I played with hurricane 5 long and a Michael Maze and the dference was clear.   I could feel the ball again and use the feedback to change my shot.

Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2014 at 6:32pm
Nice sleven.
Shifter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 19>
  Share Topic