FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Free Nexy blades testing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2015 at 1:48am
Originally posted by NoRema NoRema wrote:

Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

The Kanaph is being sent to Peter C. Anyone else interested in testing?

interested, but I don't really know the rules? would any dings to happen to the blade be an issue? or is that expected to occur with this many participants of testing blades? also would i be allowed to let other club members test it out?

edit: nevermind didn't notice this was an out of the USA type of thing. and shipping overseas is kind of a pain.

Well, I'm still considering an overseas leg, after the European one is over, depending on request. However, it's a fact that the last tester would have to ship it back to Germany, which is a bit more expensive than domestic shipping.

Anyway, to answer your more general question: I'm lending out blades that I received from friends at Nexy, some as a gift, some I've bought myself. I collect and play with those blades myself, but I'm also happy to let other people test them; this is to say that I'm expecting testers to treat them with care - as or better than if they were theirs. Testers can lend them out to others under their responsibility (it would be silly to demand otherwise: I would not be able to know, anyway).
This said, a ding can happen, but if someone's prone to hitting the table, I'd expect that they pay extra attention and maybe put some padded edge tape, a rubber larger than the blade face, or some other kind of extra protection on the blade edge.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
Sponsored Links

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2015 at 4:04pm
Hey,
I recently received one Zealot ST and one Olam ST blade from Nexy for testing and circulating.
As I will not be able to test them in the immediate future for contingent reasons, I'm offering them for circulating among testers, first.

The rules are those defined in the first post of this thread, with a small change: if you apply, you will receive both Zealot and Olam and are asked to write a comparative review. You are of course welcome to compare the blades to known blades of other brands, as well. You are then asked to ship the blades to the next tester via traceable shipping.

I will run the European leg first, but may run an American or other continent leg, depending on interest. If you apply from overseas, at least one tester will have to agree to ship the blade back to me in Germany and he will be last on the list for that leg.

If you are interested, please reply to this thread, specifying your Country. It is not necessary to send me a PM at this stage, unless you have private questions, of course.

You're also welcome to apply for testing my other Nexy blades (see the first post for a list).

Thanks.
Join the Nexy Clan!
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2015 at 5:14pm
I am interested in testing the Zealot. I am from France. I am not available to test right now but from december 13th on I will.
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2015 at 11:09am
Current candidate testers.
Europe:
ttping85 (FR)
Americas:
jmartins (BR)

That's not much but still a start. Anyone else?
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2015 at 2:29pm
A Lissom ST blade is now available for testing, as well.
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2015 at 3:40am
And also a Higgs ST.
Join the Nexy Clan!
mg View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2015 at 7:12pm
Hi, I would like to test Kanaph and Higgs in January or later. Thanks!
My feedback:

http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47297&title=mg-feedback
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2015 at 1:09am

ZEALOT & OLAM
Europe:
ttping85 (FR)
Americas:
jmartins (BR)

KANAPH
Europe:
mg (LU)

HIGGS
Europe:
mg (LU)
Join the Nexy Clan!
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2015 at 2:22am
Hello Argo,
i would like to test Kanaph and Higgs

kindly put me on the list

cheers.
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2015 at 2:47am

ZEALOT & OLAM
Europe:
ttping85 (FR)
Americas:
jmartins (BR)

KANAPH
Europe:
mg (LU)
t646464 (BG)

HIGGS
Europe:
mg (LU)
t646464 (BG)
Join the Nexy Clan!
rastacouere View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rastacouere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2016 at 5:55pm
Hi,

I'd love to try the Amazon... I have a Lissom - for not a long time though, only one month. I wrote some words on the "Nexy Clan" thread http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47778&PN=12&title=nexy-clan
I'd love it and would like to compare the Lissom with the Amazon - which seems really beautiful and interesting, stiffer, lighter but still spinny.
I already wrote something about the lissom, in french, sorry :) http://www.tennis-de-table.com/materiel/bois/nexy/Lissom (I live in Paris). It's a first draft of what i would like to write in english about the lissom. I'd like to practice the Lissom a little bit more to know it better (at least one month) in order to be more objective (for the moment, only my heart speaks!), at this point write a longer review in english, and then try the amazon. I know I am not fully compliant with the characteristics you are looking for but, would really like to give it a shot... I  What do you think?
Thx
mg View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2016 at 9:31am
Hi arg0,

just a question - is Higgs a 7-ply with hard outer veneers (Wenge?)? I thought it is a 5-ply but then I saw all the pics on the Nexy website...If it's really a 7-ply I would test just the Kanaph.

Thanks
My feedback:

http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47297&title=mg-feedback
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2016 at 4:02pm
Hey all,
I'm back. Give me some time to catch up and I'll answer the questions and make the blades ready to ship. In the meantime, you can still sign up.
Cheers
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2016 at 12:11am
Hello all,
this is the updated list of testers, rather short I must say...
rastacoure, fine with me: I put you on the list for Amazon.
mg, I would prefer the Kanaph and Higgs to travel together. But feel free if you only would like to test one. Is this fine with you? You would have to send them to BG. If the French post charges you more to send to BG than DE I could swap the order, so that t64t64t64 receives them first and sends them to you. I assume that shipping to FR or DE makes no difference to him.

ZEALOT & OLAM
Europe:
- ttping85 (FR)
Americas:
- jmartins (BR)

KANAPH
Europe:
- mg (LU)
- t646464 (BG)

HIGGS
Europe:
- mg (LU)
- t646464 (BG)

AMAZON
Europe:
- rastacouere (FR)

I would like to ask the firsts in the list to send me your address via PM, I will then prepare the blades for shipping.
Anyone else interested can still sign up.

Join the Nexy Clan!
mttgfg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mttgfg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2016 at 6:10am
Hi , based in europe would  like to test:
zealot, olam . higgs.
Thank you.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2016 at 5:25pm
Currently clarifying an issue with Nexy, before being able to start the testing tour.
Anywhoo, here's the updated list:

ZEALOT & OLAM
Europe:
- ttping85 (FR)
- mttgfg (GR)
Americas:
- jmartins (BR)

KANAPH
Europe:
- mg (LU)
- t646464 (BG)

HIGGS
Europe:
- mg (LU)
- t646464 (BG)
- mttgfg (GR)

Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2016 at 5:16pm
OK, got green light from Nexy. Anybody interested please sign up!

Join the Nexy Clan!
Tek101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tek101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2016 at 11:17pm
I am in the US and cuurently us the TSP 7.0 Black Balsa with victas vo 102 on the forehand and hurricane 8 on backhand. If there is a comparable blade that next has be it a bit slower or faster than my setup; I would be interested in partaking in the test pool. Let me know

Thanks,
Mark
|Xiom Ice Cream AZX|
|FH: Sword Long Can Pro Version
|BH: Xiom Vega Asia DF Max
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2016 at 3:04am
Hello Tek101, you may want to ask the same question on the Nexy Clan thread. I myself have never played with balsa blades and I cannot suggest any similar blades.

In the first post of the Nexy Clan thread you'll also find a list of Nexy blades and their composition. Only a few have balsa: as far as I know, only Ikarus and Tuvalu.

Join the Nexy Clan!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic