Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mizutani review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mizutani review
    Posted: 12/18/2013 at 12:30pm
Are there any reviews for Jun Mizutani? If not, I am suprised that not too many people gave this blade a chance. I played with this blade over the weekend and last night and have made a decision to adhere to the JM as my primary shakehand blade. Fatt was right, this blade is the best shakehand blade that I have ever played with.

My first prolonged session of coaching was with this blade, but equipped with Dinic Coppa X1 and Donic Traction (horrible rubber). With the Coppa X1, driving and blocking against forehand topspin were a breeze. I had more than 85 rallies to block forehand loops. So that right there says a lot about control. Speed is between Off - Off+. Blocks against the forehand loops were effortless, and the speed was good in not leaving the table.

FH loops: the JM made it very easy to loop like driving. I had about 38 forehand loop rallies and every one of them were very easy to execute.

Counter-loop: Also quite easy to perform compared to other carbon and ALC blades that I have used. With carbon blades, counter loops were quite linear, and not much throw on the loops even though thr speed is there. There just wasnt enough emphasis on spin. With my Viscaria it is the other way around for me. While spin is present, speed was lacking. With the JM however, everything felt right. Majority of the shots land, and I was able to assert more spin on the ball because of thr blade's softness.

Backhand blocks - also easy to execute. Because the Traction was such a bad rubber, I used the Coppa for both sides of testing. Backhand blocks were fun and easy to execute as well. I hitted the ball to forehand and backhand in alternates, and my friend had a good time with the drill.

I made the rubber switch to T05 and T64 last night. Although I had no one to practice with, I eas able to serve and loop from mid distance by dropping the ball with one hand. T05 to me feels like the more superior option than Coppa.

Serving was a bit of a challenge since I am not too good with serving with shakehand. But majority of my underspin all bounced onthr table at least twice with the T05.

I hope to do more follow up review with the Tenergy tonight on the JM. Thus blade definitely deaervrs more recognition.
Sponsored Links

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2013 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

I am suprised that not too many people gave this blade a chance.

expensive ...
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2013 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

I am suprised that not too many people gave this blade a chance.

expensive ...

There's one person selling the blade for $130 just now.  Perhaps you can track him down
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2013 at 2:22pm
For the price of just one JM I can buy all blades I would like to have.
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2013 at 3:11pm
Not to mention that I recall hearing same words ("best I have ever played with") from liulin a couple of times before... Smile

Which doesn't mean it's not great for him... it just means that at that particular moment he really liked it. Then a month later he will really like another one.

I know because I've been there and did the same thing a few times Embarrassed
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2013 at 3:19pm
The Jun Mizutani is relatively expensive, but its also the finest crafted blade there is.

BUT, YES, I KNOW YOU DON'T WIN MATCHES BECAUSE YOU HAVE THE PRETTIEST BLADE! LOL

JM is an awsome blade, and part of my permanent collection. I used it for about 1.5 years as my main tourney blade, but as my style evolves (changes vs. gets better), I find it to be too fast right now.

liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2013 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Not to mention that I recall hearing same words ("best I have ever played with") from liulin a couple of times before... Smile

Which doesn't mean it's not great for him... it just means that at that particular moment he really liked it. Then a month later he will really like another one.

Haha thr JM is by far the best ZLC blades I have played with. Amultart - too fast and thick. TB ZLC - too stiff. IF ZLC - too woody. Havent played with ZJK ZLC or SZLC. So JM is the clear winner from this group. ALC blades are ok. But I like BTY carbon blades more
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2013 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

The Jun Mizutani is relatively expensive, but its also the finest crafted blade there is.

BUT, YES, I KNOW YOU DON'T WIN MATCHES BECAUSE YOU HAVE THE PRETTIEST BLADE! LOL

JM is an awsome blade, and part of my permanent collection. I used it for about 1.5 years as my main tourney blade, but as my style evolves (changes vs. gets better), I find it to be too fast right now.

+1
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
bryce_fx23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryce_fx23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2013 at 6:00pm
Like You said MJ is rly nice blade I had a chance to play with 4 diferent Mizutanis and they played rly similar, You can feel the difference in quality of equipment. IMO like You reviewed MJ has more control than TB ZLC, Amultart, Gergely, PC. The soft outer ply give You and extra dwell time. I liked MJ with soft rubbers, blade is fast but IMO when You use soft rubbers You receive some balance of speed and control.

If some1 like to have a fast blade, and TBS/ Viscaria is not that they are looking for I can recommend a MJ blade as a more dwell and spin oriented blade.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2013 at 6:03pm

Haha thr JM is by far the best ZLC blades I have played with. Amultart - too fast and thick. TB ZLC - too stiff. IF ZLC - too woody. Havent played with ZJK ZLC or SZLC. So JM is the clear winner from this group. ALC blades are ok. But I like BTY carbon blades more

you didn't tell me you want to play with all-wood blade? :)
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2013 at 5:54am
IF someone is interested i have JM paired with t64 both sides-used for 5hrs
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2013 at 7:42am
Flared, 88g and willing to trade for a hurricane long 3 perhaps? :D
Blade: TB ALC
FH: Tenergy05 2.1
BH: Tenergy64 1.7
guruzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guruzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2013 at 8:55am
I use now for over 2 years and I have tried many over the best tires were the baracuda the tin arc3 and now use the m2 the baracuda is the most reliable in the field but not so bad, the arc 3 excellent tin but without the booster vs not forward ...While with the m2 I found the right compromise certole tgy is tgy but too much money

Edited by guruzz - 12/19/2013 at 9:21am
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2013 at 10:43am

i have owned all those but zkk (s)zlc. The comparisons are spot on. The mj is still the best blade i ever played but i am now with the jre to be wise: it is just better for my level and a better standard than a mj to evaluate other blades. The mj does make me feel everything is a little easier and above all more enjoyable however i do not forget what i do not miss with the jre that i do with the mj. I know i'll come back to it, probably when i crack 2k if it ever happens.

Valerikim gave away his mj after playing it 6 years. He says the zjk szlc is very similar to the mj with more control. With money, zjk szlc is the right choice for people who find the mj too wild on certain shots; with no money, the jre is the natural choice to get the same control lol.

I do not like slow rubbers on a fast blade...i find that practice to be an heresy; a bit like having a fast bike and riding it with the brakes on...that's why for a given overall speed rating, the jre with faster rubbers is better than a mj with slowish ones.

For the people who can't help it and want to play the mj no matter what (been there), palio blit'z 47.5 in 2.0 on both sides works great --> low to mediun high throw in looping and fantastic hitting!

I have not tried the szlc. I shall not...I am 100% sure I would love it. .

liulin please sell a few blades to get one and tell us about it :)

jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2013 at 10:48am
The best rubber I found for the MJ is the Xiom OM Elite. It allows you to release the MJ beast but with control. Also it's a great weight unlike the Tenergy series.
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
jatienza930 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jatienza930 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2013 at 1:56am

+1 Clap
BTY TBS FL
T05
T64

My Feedback http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=56638&KW=jen&title=jatienza930-buy-sell-feedback
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2013 at 9:05am
With money, zjk szlc is the right choice for people who find the mj too wild on certain shots; 

Bollocks. Even if you're Bill Gates or Susan Sarandon, you don't need any blade that costs $356.99  or £341.9 ... 

One of my regular practice partners started playing with a ZJK SZLC a month ago. We had several extended practice sessions since then (read 5 or 6 best of 5s in a row in one evening), and I had a couple of knocks with this blade (and it had different rubber combos at each session :-) - tuned DHS national hurricane, T05, Calibra Tour M, T05FX). Let me assure you there is nothing special about this blade aside from the price tag. Anything it does, can be done with a TB ALC or a Viscaria - if you're a diehard BTY fan. 

Sorry for the off-topic  rant.
silva7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silva7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2013 at 12:21pm
the reason i did not like this blade much is that it is quite a heavy blade. if i had one around 86g like my ZJK and TBS then the JM would be a viable blade for me.
RSM Special Platinum T64
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2013 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by silva7 silva7 wrote:

the reason i did not like this blade much is that it is quite a heavy blade. if i had one around 86g like my ZJK and TBS then the JM would be a viable blade for me.

Something like this ?

Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2013 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by vvk1 vvk1 wrote:

With money, zjk szlc is the right choice for people who find the mj too wild on certain shots; 

Bollocks. Even if you're Bill Gates or Susan Sarandon, you don't need any blade that costs $356.99  or £341.9 ... 

One of my regular practice partners started playing with a ZJK SZLC a month ago. We had several extended practice sessions since then (read 5 or 6 best of 5s in a row in one evening), and I had a couple of knocks with this blade (and it had different rubber combos at each session :-) - tuned DHS national hurricane, T05, Calibra Tour M, T05FX). Let me assure you there is nothing special about this blade aside from the price tag. Anything it does, can be done with a TB ALC or a Viscaria - if you're a diehard BTY fan. 

I actually prefer the Viscaria.  So apparently does ZJK.
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2013 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I actually prefer the Viscaria.  So apparently does ZJK.

Me too :-)

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2013 at 4:24pm

talk about taking something out of context; going all broke on a small sentence -that does not lack sense- out of a rather long post that makes some; if that's not bollocks, what is?

Anyway after a bit of thinking I understand your perfect logic; we can do everything a Ferrari does with a honda nsx so buying a ferrari is bollocks; why would we drink chateau Lafite Rothschild when we can enjoy a very nice Argentinian Malbec? silly me! you got it right and I was blind. thank you thank you thank youHug

vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2013 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

talk about taking something out of context; going all broke on a small sentence -that does not lack sense- out of a rather long post that makes some; if that's not bollocks, what is?

Anyway after a bit of thinking I understand your perfect logic; we can do everything a Ferrari does with a honda nsx so buying a ferrari is bollocks; why would we drink chateau Lafite Rothschild when we can enjoy a very nice Argentinian Malbec? silly me! you got it right and I was blind. thank you thank you thank youHug

Take it easy, mate. The reason a Ferrari is considered so desirable are obvious (e.g. it accelerates so quickly, the engine makes this wonderful unique noise that makes Top Gear presenters drool, it is a chick magnet, etc). It is also not mass-produced, in fact, the number of  manufactured cars are strictly limited, hence the high price. Similar logic applies to the expensive wine.

Now, what is so special about BTY ZJK SZLC? Is it not mass-produced on the same factory as all the other BTY blades? Perhaps it is hand-assembled by double PHDs in composite materials/structural engineering instead of the regular workers at the factory and therefore possesses unique properties that magically improve players results? The only reason for its existence is BTY's greed and attempt to capitalize on ZJK's name.

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2013 at 5:56pm
Fair enough. The nsx is a legendary car anyway so my comparison was unfair as it really competes with most hard to tune high maintenance ferrari. What i was pointing at is the fact for people who do not care about the money zkj szlc is the best bet when they love the mj and want more control. That's solid. It feels super similar and has more control. My source is a 2300 (less now cause less practice) 2 wings looper who played the mj for 6 years...
sweetstrike View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetstrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2013 at 6:19pm
It looks like Cory Eider was using MJ at the US Nationals and Tim Wang beat him with a Viscaria.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2013 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by sweetstrike sweetstrike wrote:

It looks like Cory Eider was using MJ at the US Nationals and Tim Wang beat him with a Viscaria.
LOL one more proof.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic