FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tenergy 80FX coming!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Johnny Erasure View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Erasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2014 at 1:53am
How sensitive is T80FX from the spin that comes from the opponent, as it involves the receipt of services?
Blade: JM ZLC
Rubbers: FH Dignics 09C
            BH Dignics 05
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63937&KW=Johnny+Erasure&PID=764628&title=feedback-for-j
Sponsored Links

right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2014 at 2:00am
Originally posted by Johnny Erasure Johnny Erasure wrote:

How sensitive is T80FX from the spin that comes from the opponent, as it involves the receipt of services?

It seems the least sensitive of the Tenergy series so far.
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
ChrisUK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2014 at 7:02am
I have 80-FX and agree that it feels as if it has the best control of the Tenergy range (well that is from the rubbers that I've tried).

Edited by ChrisUK - 06/13/2014 at 7:03am
The Twiddler
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2014 at 10:16am
I've only had my 80-fx for a week, but I really like it on my BH.

I used 05-fx for a season, and liked it apart from the elastic behaviour. From distance, it was a dream. I found it slingy on faster stokes. I found it difficult to judge in some situations - generally when coming back into the table from distance for a kill.

I then moved to 64-fx. Overall, I preferred it to 05-fx. It was rock solid, dependable, linear, lower throw. It didn't do anything special (and so seems expensive for what it is), and it wasn't as effortless as 05-fx when lifting backspin or looping.

80-fx seems close to 05-fx for me in many respects. It still slings the ball out and high on hard stokes, just not so high. It does feel much more reserved over the table than 05-fx though, and this was my main quibble. And it feels quite insensitive to spin on thin contacts, so lifting backspin is easy once more. I immediately felt comfortable with it. Blocking very, very hard incoming loops (loop drives, really) was a bit tricky, but it's a fresh sheet and feels a bit lively at the top end.

Good rubber, a nice balance of stuff for my BH.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2014 at 9:46am
I put my comments on T-80 FX in another thread (about comparison with T-05 FX).

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=66908&PID=829822&#829822

Basically I think it is a worthy rubber but should not be used on soft blades (I would advise against thick hinoki blades for this one). A little bit too much of a catapult, imho - but for some people that could be a plus.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic