Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tenergy 80FX coming!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tenergy 80FX coming!?
    Posted: 12/31/2013 at 1:35pm
As I was just looking through the LARC (List Authorized Racket Coverings; version #34B, Jan. 1 - Jun 30 2014) to answer the question of somebody if a certain rubber was still legal, I also noticed that Butterfly is listing the Tenergy 80 FX there.
This would indicate to me that they are at least seriously thinking about releasing this version. It does happen on rare occasions that companies list rubbers on the LARC that are never released but typically they are pretty serious about it since it costs money t get the rubber approved by ITTF and listed on the LARC.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
Sponsored Links

adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2013 at 1:55pm
T80fx was listed for the very first time this year (2013) in April. 2013 is almost gone and T80FX doesn`t appeared so far...
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2013 at 2:17pm
It's coming. I'd bet the farm on it appearing in early 2014.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
JonathanVN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonathanVN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2013 at 2:26pm
I don't really care if it's coming, because I am perfectly happy with 80 as is. But, I would assume that within six months it should be on the market. I may have to borrow someone's to see how I like it when it releases! 
2015 USATT Ratings:
1823 (Jan)
1840 (Feb)
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2013 at 4:08pm
I think that all the manufacturers are working on new bats/rubbers for the coming plastic ball.
So Butterfly's whole line will probably be revamped soon. Maybe they think that it's a waste of resources marketing a new rubber designed for the celluloid ball so close to the release of the first plastic balls.

Edited by Tinykin - 12/31/2013 at 4:09pm
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2013 at 4:59pm
Sure, looking forward to it...
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2014 at 9:42pm
Until the time T80FX is finally available... I have just bought an Evo FX-P.
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2014 at 11:52am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

It's coming. I'd bet the farm on it appearing in early 2014.

Andy, don't forget to send me the deed to your farm. I am looking forward to spending my quiet retirement there Big smile... BUT! if there is no table tennis club within 15 miles then forget about it.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2014 at 12:55pm
Ha! I'll send the deeds if you promise to look after my cult members who live in the barn. They are SO close to finishing the spaceship...

80-fx is mid April. Tt-japan says 20th April. I'm still looking forward to it.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2014 at 1:26pm

I'm still looking forward to it.

A serious question to everyone: why?

I can understand the market for T80 over T05: some need slightly softer for BH (or on FH for hard blades), slightly lower throw, slightly better control. Well, if T80 is still a bit too hard, fast, then we already have T05fx (which has lower throw, lower sensitivity to spin and better control than T05).

T-05fx is soft enough I assume. And i expect T05fx to be spinnier than T80fx. Not too many play with T05fx and think "I wish it was deader, slower and less spinny - I'd pay Tenergy money for it".

Now a question for the PhD in SRR (Soft Rubber Research): why ditch M3 for the Aurus Soft/ 1Q Sound on the JRE?

BTW: if you do a detailed comparison of all these soft rubbers (including FX-P, JP-03) in a new single thread, the mods should sticky it - shall be very useful for thousands of members here.
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2014 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

I'm still looking forward to it.

A serious question to everyone: why?

I can understand the market for T80 over T05: some need slightly softer for BH (or on FH for hard blades), slightly lower throw, slightly better control. Well, if T80 is still a bit too hard, fast, then we already have T05fx (which has lower throw, lower sensitivity to spin and better control than T05).

I've wondered the same.... 
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2014 at 2:02pm
With all the variations of Tenergy's, what possible element of play could T80FX offer? Most rubbers already have an inherent range of playability and I see this as an attempt by BTY to get your money. I think T05FX is an amazing BH rubber for my skill/level so I will not play the fool and waste my money on a new Tenergy that does nothing to help my game.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2014 at 2:17pm
Maybe one shouldn't criticize too much before the stuff has even arrived or anyone has tried it.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2014 at 2:28pm
If people are 100% happy with their setup, there is no need to change things, sure. Curiosity plays a part, of course. Being curious doesn't make someone a fool.

Personally, I enjoy T64-fx on the Rossi Emotion. It's linear, the right kind of softness and speed for me, great. It's not particularly threatening for the opposition, but OK. T05-fx I find harder to use on the JRE. It's fairly controlled over the table, but becomes wild on bigger strokes. The combination of rubber and blade do not suit me, even though T05-fx offers more dangerous shots when BH looping.

I've been very surprised with the difference between T05-fx and T64-fx. They are markedly different, in fact. I would like something in the middle of the two, for my setup. Based on my experience with the JRE, I think T80-fx could offer a best fit for my needs. I could be totally wrong, but I'm curious enough to give it a try. I'm not expecting anything revolutionary. Just a slight tweak on current stuff.

This may all be based on my blade choice. I wouldn't be shocked if other people can't feel much difference between 05-fx and 64-fx on their blades, making a middle option somewhat redundant.
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2014 at 2:29pm
And with that, Andy has satisfied my wondering
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2014 at 2:33pm
who cares about T80 FX. I am holding my breath a new generation, born by the new ball. Maybe they will name in Planergy. 
Butterfly has incredible potential in developing quality products that is completely underutilized right now due to the lack of competition. Who knows what nice things their R&D team has come up with but Sales team won't produce because it makes no sense to compete with their own products. We really need the Euro brands to come up with some better competition. BTY should not be able to ride the top for 10 years with Tenergy alone. 
But since I don't see a great new product coming from europe soon, I think the best chance for us to try something new is the new ball. 
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2014 at 2:55pm
The new ball will trigger a new range from Butterfly, definitely. They won't miss the opportunity the ball change offers them. From a marketing perspective, it's perfect. They will have thousands of disgruntled players, all looking to find equipment which nullifies the effect of the poly ball as much as possible.

Personally, I'm not bothered about the poly situation yet. I can only deal with what I know now - I need a fresh sheet of something for my BH for next season, and I've said what my thinking is about 80-fx. When the poly ball arrives, and I have to use it at my local league level, I'll have another think. By then, some of the dust will have settled in the market, and there will be enough info for me to make an informed choice.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2014 at 3:30pm

Now a question for the PhD in SRR (Soft Rubber Research): why ditch M3 for the Aurus Soft/ 1Q Sound on the JRE?

OT, so I won't go on too much. It was a very personal decision. M3 was my FH rubber for a while, and I was over the moon with it. Some of the shots I could make with that rubber were crazy. Huge arc, off the floor, in the corner kind of shots. Good for my ego.

However, I found that against better players, it became something of a liability. The high arc just resulted in too much height on the ball, allowing the opponent to smash. Some players didn't want to move and would attempt a block - they tended to miss, and I did well. The better players had decent footwork and a better read on the spin. I found it hard to vary my game with M3 - I became a bit one dimensional. All my hard loops had huge cartoon arcs. It took me a whole season to work out what was happening.

The current gen of tensors are really different to the last. 1Q Sound is my current FH rubber, and I'll probably be keeping that for next season. It keeps a lot of the loop quality of M3, but it's lower throw. It's less bouncy in the short game, less sensitive to spin, more linear, and smashes/blocks better. It plays well in every aspect of my game, rather than excelling in a few.

Aurus Soft is my default BH rubber, but I play better with T64-FX on the BH with the JRE, and my sig is out of date.

Edited by AndySmith - 03/19/2014 at 3:41pm
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2014 at 3:30pm
Butterfly will obviously play their cards close to their chest at the moment. Still, the first bits of "next-gen" news are dripping out:

http://en.butterflymag.com/2014/02/the-new-butterfly-tec-headquarter/

"Now, developping at the same time is another seed to generate a rubber of the next generation which surpasses the TENERGY series" (sic)
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2014 at 4:19pm
OMG "surpasses" Tenergy Series. Thanks Andy for the info.

I can see it now...Hyper spin and laser speed!    
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2014 at 10:26pm
From a business perspective, it's stupid to not have it. It would be the only missing possibility in their line. People are going to buy it. Bottom line. 
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2014 at 6:32am
T80 ist the most allround from the regular Tenergy rubbers. T80FX will be the most allround from FX sponge Tenergy rubbers. No reason to not release it. It will be perfect for T80 fans who want softer sponge and don't mind the loss of power. The T64FX fans who want more control and don't mind the loss of speed. The T05FX fans who want softer topsheet and don't mind the loss of spin.
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
ChrisUK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2014 at 9:54am
I'm very interested in T80-FX.

I currently use T05-FX in 1.7mm on my forehand and long pips on my backhand. The spin I can generate from the T05-FX is superb and as a close to the table looper, it suits my style very well.

However I would like to see what T80-FX offers and for that reason I am interested in it. 
The Twiddler
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2014 at 10:52am
The regular T80 is already too soft. I have a pretty new sheet that has a bad cut right in the middle, so I don't use it in the club, but I put it on yasaka gatien .. a blade with hard outer plies, not sure what they are.. and use it at work. It feels so damn soft on a hard blade. FX in that rubber is unthinkable to me. I don't know a single rubber where I prefer the soft sponge over the hard one.
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2014 at 11:34am

Personally, I enjoy T64-fx on the Rossi Emotion. It's linear, the right kind of softness and speed for me, great. It's not particularly threatening for the opposition, but OK. T05-fx I find harder to use on the JRE. It's fairly controlled over the table, but becomes wild on bigger strokes. The combination of rubber and blade do not suit me, even though T05-fx offers more dangerous shots when BH looping.

I've been very surprised with the difference between T05-fx and T64-fx. They are markedly different, in fact. I would like something in the middle of the two, for my setup. Based on my experience with the JRE, I think T80-fx could offer a best fit for my needs. I could be totally wrong, but I'm curious enough to give it a try. I'm not expecting anything revolutionary. Just a slight tweak on current stuff.

This may all be based on my blade choice. I wouldn't be shocked if other people can't feel much difference between 05-fx and 64-fx on their blades, making a middle option somewhat redundant.

In my opinion (and you seem to say smth along the same lines) T-64 FX is not a Tenergy rubber at all. There is no need for it to exist even since it is playing as so many other rubbers (and cheaper ones too) on the market. It has no Tenergy-like qualities whatsoever and there is a huge difference in feeling between T-05 FX and T-64 FX, imho. But to each his own... Wink
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2014 at 12:12pm
They're saturating the market with the FX versions but refuse to bring out a 47.5 deg Tenergy
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2014 at 12:19pm

They're saturating the market with the FX versions but refuse to bring out a 47.5 deg Tenergy

^^ absolutely! 
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2014 at 12:32pm
I respectfully disagree that T64FX is not a viable Tenergy rubber. BTY was seeking a wide range of traits within the Tenergy family that would cover a wide range of players. One size does not fit all.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2014 at 2:12pm
same here. It's true that T64FX is quite bouncy for a Tenergy rubber but difficult to find a rubber as soft and as linear as T64FX. It's not as linear as other Tenergy rubbers but more linear than all other tensors with the same hardness.
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2014 at 3:08pm
It might have something to do with the way SpinArt has been received.  They may be reluctant to bring out another hard spring sponged rubber.  Or they could be holding them for the "New Plastic Ball" release of rubber we are all expecting. Wink
I agree with the posters who say Tenergy 80 is soft, expecially coming from the Bluefire M2 I have been using.
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic