Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Speed Glue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2015 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

If you are not going to be tested, and don't care about the rules, why not just glue each time you play the way we did in the old days? 

The other thing I need to emphasize is that tip top (and all other vulcanizing agents) and the oldest speed glues have an incredibly high level of VOCs in them.  More than was in the glues you could buy from TT companies from about 2003 (or maybe 2001??) onward.  There is no way anyone could use even a small amount of it now and escape detection in any ITTF event or national event with testing. 

But if you want the largest possible speed glue effect that you can get, that is the stuff you want.

smackman is right about the smell, sometimes I think it's amazing the whole gym didn't just explode.

When people get use of booster and WB glue, they are a bit lazy like me ;)
And I also don't want to be dizzy and buzzed every time I reglue the rubber.
Ideally, speed glue affect and lasting long a week or so, is my aim. Haifu II speed glue is too weak and it isn't worth to keep for a week. I need a super powerful SG combine to long last booster, Dianchi for example.

There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
Sponsored Links

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2015 at 9:32pm
On my first ever visit to Beijing, in 2007, my wife arranged for me to hit with a coach. I'm not sure what she told him but he looked kind of annoyed when he arrived and saw some American guy he was supposed to play with (or maybe it was just the traffic he had to deal with, we couldn't speak each other's language, so I am just guessing).  He grabbed a paddle from his bag and we started hitting.  After about 30 seconds, he paid me a compliment -- he said he had to stop so he could glue up.  He had some sort of Haifu stuff, which didn't smell much.  To be social, I went with him and glued up also, using his glue.  I remember it was weak compared to what I was used to (in those days I usually used something called Tibhar Rapid Clean, or something like that, or vulcanizing fluid because I could buy it at auto parts stores for cheap). 

You are right, the smell is awful and I am glad to be done with it, and it can't be healthy.

I think if there had been a way to really extend it's effects back in the day, someone would have found it.  People experimented a lot with all sorts of things (which is how I know, for example, that acetone, i.e. nail polish remover, doesn't work very well.) 
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2015 at 1:30am
most of China nationality is bound to go degraded soon. They still using adhesiv compositions with TOLUENE, the devilish mortal chemical known.
Leftyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leftyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2015 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

I'm happy speed gluing days are over! What a mess and hassle that was plus all the bad stuff that got into your skin and fumes going into your lungs.

I think it was worth it, the feeling and sound you got from it, I really miss it. I also miss the social thing about it when you on tournaments could chat with all different kind of persons in the gluing room before matches. But of course it had its negative things too, almost like smoking haha. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic