FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Zhang Jike Super ZLC (ZJK SZLC) ST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2014 at 11:59am
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

oh, i caught the table the first night. No damage to the playing surface, just the side.

Use ютия and мокър чорап, brother...
Sponsored Links

assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2014 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

oh, i caught the table the first night. No damage to the playing surface, just the side.

Use ютия and мокър чорап, brother...

can you develop a little further on the wet socks procedure? How exactly should I operate?
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2014 at 1:37pm
damp a bath towel corner in water; put it on the ding; put a hot iron over it, keeping it a few seconds. redo as needed, keep the towel well wet; you'll see the ding disappearing as the process decompresses the wood at the ding's location.

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2014 at 1:44pm
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2014 at 1:46pm
can we see an "before and after" slideshow on you zjkszlc?  (funny, it sounds like a polish blade written that way).

assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2014 at 2:43pm
hm.. given that the nick is completely inconsequential im wondering if I can do more harm than good by watering and then heating the wood in that corner.. .. i need to try this on cheaper blades first.
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2014 at 3:18pm

hm.. given that the nick is completely inconsequential im wondering if I can do more harm than good by watering and then heating the wood in that corner.. .. i need to try this on cheaper blades first.
wise!

CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2014 at 7:26pm
@ assiduous - Wondering if you could have got the Jhang Jike ZLC rather than the Super JJ ZLC cos it looks like the handles are the same.

Does anybody know if the JJ ZLC is similar to the TB ZLC apart from the handles.

I'm happy with the TB ZLC, but just curious. ...
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2014 at 8:58pm

The two maxims that come to mind are first do no harm, and if it ain't really broke, don't fix it!
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2014 at 1:47am
Originally posted by CraneStyle CraneStyle wrote:

@ assiduous - Wondering if you could have got the Jhang Jike ZLC rather than the Super JJ ZLC cos it looks like the handles are the same.

Does anybody know if the JJ ZLC is similar to the TB ZLC apart from the handles.

I'm happy with the TB ZLC, but just curious. ...

Bty says that the only difference is that SUPER ZLC has 80% more fibers than the ZLC. If that is true and everything else is the same, the ZJK ZLC (non super) will be still very different than TB ZLC. It feels much softer. It will not be so stiff now, but will still be softer.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2014 at 6:48am

If that is true and everything else is the same, the ZJK ZLC (non super) will be still very different than TB ZLC. It feels much softer. It will not be so stiff now, but will still be softer.

I have a new ZJK-ZLC FL & am contemplating returning it - so I won't be able to test it's softness.

Reason for purchase: I like ZLC fiber & thought that the SZLC would be too fast, uncontrollable & heavier (BTY lists it's average weight @ 90g). I bought the ALC and ZLC versions with plans on returning one after testing ball bounce.

However, upon ball bounce on blade, there's a noticable decrease in rebound speed on top of blade (maybe a shade north of where a lot of FHs are generally hit). I've haven't done this ball bounce test on a 'naked' TB-ZLC but I don't recall having any control issues with that blade.

I just hope that they haven't changed the ZLC fiber they put in the ZJK-ZLC relative to what they put in the TB-ZLC (& I don't think they'd do that anyways).

Edited by slevin - 01/24/2014 at 9:46am
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2014 at 6:59am
Difference between a ZJK-SZLC and a ZJK-ZLC (if you're a buyer from a US BTY agent):

ZJK-ZLC + Viscaria < ZJK-SZLC !

assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2014 at 11:47am
My blade feels really light because of this soft feel. Somehow soft blades trick my brain into thinking its light, just an association. I enjoy the contact with the ball with TB ZLC much better. 

I remember bluebucket once said korbel was 'true and honest' blade. When I first hit with TB ZLC i remembered that comment. Sounds absurd that one of the fanciest and most expensve blades out there can be true an honest but that's how I feel with it. It is very hard, very little flex, no dwell, and fast. But when you hit the ball you IMMEDIATELY get a sense of direction. I think soft and flexy blades like Korbel really muffle that sense of direction, yes it dwells nice, but then it doesnt jump straight, but 'in the range'. And TB ZLC + Rhyzm, with that hard sponge and hard topsheet.. it is unbelievably DIRECT paddle. Direct is the word that best describes it. Its like playing with hardbat in a way. No sponge to blur the contact with the ball and the rebound is just a geometric ricochet from a plane. TB ZLC is like that, especially with Rhyzm.. you just get this feel of the direction. I love it.
Super ZLC ... not so direct.. muffled feel. I think if you played Hinoki outer ply blade you will like the feel of Super ZLC. But if you come from koto, you wont.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2014 at 12:27pm
Viscaria is a quite soft blade, so it could be that even with the super ZJK they were aiming for more of that feel.  The super ZLC still felt harder and crisper than I am used to.  If you want really hard and straight feel, TB with the Tamca carbon (T5000) is probably something you would like even more.

Niraj Oak (three-time US National men's over 40 champion) now uses that blade (the TB-T5000).
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2014 at 3:19pm
The Super ZLC has a koto outer (it's the same construction as the Viscaria, Spirit, etc, except for the super stuff.)
T05 2.1 | VISCARIA | T64 1.9
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2014 at 3:03am
Check this out. Today i had another good day at the club. I beat 2 1900 players but i really dominated them, and with the good stuff, mid distance looping from both sides.

Anywho, one of the chichagoland coaches came to our club today and could not believe my consistency and guess what he said? -- You got a SLOWER blade, didn't you! 

Aaah.. you should have seen me grin : ) I didn't even tell him what I had because a couple people sitting nearby were quick to tell him he's wrong.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2014 at 4:19pm
I put up this review today on ttdb:

Simply put, the holy grail of blades (upto 2014 at least) - and this is not due to price.

Until recently, you either had to choose from:
1. high at-the-table spin
2. great in power play away from the table

This is the first blade I've seen that combines both of these attributes. 

Coming from an ALC blade, this blade requires a bit of reworking stroke mechanics as it is very stiff.

Great spin at the table, amazing dwell in power loops. More powerful than most available blades out there.

And yet, it is one of the very few blades that has better control than the ALC family (TBS, TB-ALC, Viscaria, ZJK-ALC, etc) owing to its stiffness and bigger sweet spot.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2014 at 12:03am
When people spend $15,000 for a week vacation in the Maldives, isolated on a personal island and bored to death for 7 days, they sure say they had the greatest time when they come back home. LOL

OK just kidding; I'm just jealous and can't wait to try it.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2014 at 1:39am
OK, I need to temper expectations here. I forgot to mention for whom the blade would not be suitable:

I would not recommend this blade to an at-the-table player - this blade has nothing extra for you. Get a suitable close-to-the table blade instead (hang on to your IF-ZLF / LSW / JRE / 5-ply all-wood!). 

This is also not for those with slow strokes / hand speeds. The reasons being: (1) stiffness, and (2) proper ZLC dwell only manifests itself on fast strokes.

This blade increases the affinity of the player to step back to mid-distance (as the control & power are so good from there) and 'throw down' (deliver a barrage of accurate power loops and drives) thus minimizing the opponent's reaction time and maximizing yours. Play with the blade for a month and your mid-distance footwork should show a lot of improvement.

It differs in other power blades (Primorac Carbon, TB-ZLC, Amultart, etc) in the ease in short game, overall control level and spin in opening loops.

Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2014 at 1:50am
+1 for all the points slevin mentionned and add power blocks shlager type , really amazing blade a new innovation as i mentionned before, thumbs up:)))
Butterfly Fransizka ZLC FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9 BH
mpengyou5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpengyou5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2014 at 5:26am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

OK, I need to temper expectations here. I forgot to mention for whom the blade would not be suitable:

I would not recommend this blade to an at-the-table player - this blade has nothing extra for you. Get a suitable close-to-the table blade instead (hang on to your IF-ZLF / LSW / JRE / 5-ply all-wood!). 

This is also not for those with slow strokes / hand speeds. The reasons being: (1) stiffness, and (2) proper ZLC dwell only manifests itself on fast strokes.

This blade increases the affinity of the player to step back to mid-distance (as the control & power are so good from there) and 'throw down' (deliver a barrage of accurate power loops and drives) thus minimizing the opponent's reaction time and maximizing yours. Play with the blade for a month and your mid-distance footwork should show a lot of improvement.

It differs in other power blades (Primorac Carbon, TB-ZLC, Amultart, etc) in the ease in short game, overall control level and spin in opening loops.

in the way of your description it is look like the blade i like the most Mizutani but in better.

Cry
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2014 at 10:35am
IMHO, MJ & TB-ZLC users that are very familiar & set with their equipment have no need to switch. I think that BTY is luring the Viscaria users for the upgrade.
CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2014 at 6:51pm
@slevin - Thanks for your review and insight. ...
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
asimriz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asimriz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2014 at 7:48pm
Ok so I've read the reviews abt the Super ZJK blade. Some have said it's like divine power in one's hands Tongue Is it really worth buying a blade this expensive ?

The lowest price I can find is $287 from tt-japan. Or is there any other online shop I can get it cheaper ? But is it worth the price tag ? What abt some fine Nittaku blades ?

Edited by asimriz - 04/05/2014 at 7:48pm
Donic Ovtcharov Carbospeed (FL)
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-P (max)
BH: Nittaku Fastarc S-1 (max)

Donic Epox Powercarbon (FL)
FH: Andro Rasant Turbo (max)
BH: Nittaku Fastarc C-1 (max)
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2014 at 6:15pm
Dan and his buddy @ TTdaily reviewed the ZJK SZLC blade (2 88g versions) and posted their video online.

Interesting that they found that it was hard to generate power from mid-distance! Just shows how subjective all reviews are (blade attributes as perceptible to us depend greatly on one's stroke).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic